PDA

View Full Version : WB Game Day V Geelong R12 2023 Sat 3/6, 7:25PM - Marvel Stadium

Pages : 1 [2]

macca
03-06-2023, 11:26 PM
They score goals so easy against the run. We can’t score goals with all the momentum. That is basically the difference every single time we play them. They laugh at our all out efforts, knowing they are going to feast on an east turn over as soon as we stuff it up.

They just wait, kick it long to fwd contest where all our fwds converge. 1 geelong player stays back for the ball drop and he sweeps and clears. It happened all night .

so predictable.

lemmon
03-06-2023, 11:30 PM
They score goals so easy against the run. We can’t score goals with all the momentum. That is basically the difference every single time we play them. They laugh at our all out efforts, knowing they are going to feast on an east turn over as soon as we stuff it up.

And it's the same way we lost the game last week. Think that's a pattern of our style at the moment, rather than just how we match up with Geelong.

merantau
03-06-2023, 11:32 PM
Skill level? We are very poor at kicking set shots and a t taking our chances

bulldogtragic
03-06-2023, 11:34 PM
Skill level? We are very poor at kicking set shots and a t taking our chances

And yet we’ve never improved the lady decade. It’s like we don’t care.

kruder
03-06-2023, 11:35 PM
You could feel very early on at the ground that we were going to loose that one. Mids were cheating at the stoppage and defence lazy allowing them out the back and Caleb back in defence just gave the look of a 2022 performance.

Bont was poor tonight, how many missed tackles? Missed another goal in a crucial moment. Port becomes a must win now.

GVGjr
03-06-2023, 11:54 PM
Gee there was a mass exodus of our supporters from about the 12 min mark of the last quarter. Not a good sign when confidence in the playing group is so low.

jeemak
03-06-2023, 11:56 PM
Gee there was a mass exodus of our supporters from about the 12 min mark of the last quarter. Not a good sign when confidence in the playing group is so low.

Maybe that's what they need.

Through and through, on the condition you guys practice your kicking a bit on your own time so when you get to your job your deficiencies are less pronounced.

angelopetraglia
03-06-2023, 11:58 PM
Just back from the game.

Do you know what actually hurt the most tonight? Geelong didn't even play that well. If you get beaten by some great football, you can cope that. They were ordinary. We were just worse.

bulldogsthru&thru
Three minutes to go and three goals down, Smith gets a fifty and runs forward slowly enough to allow holes to be filled. Then goes sideways to a contest. What the actual **** mate?

Perfect example of our idiotic players not thinking or being proactive.

If only there was a stat for stupidity. We'd be far and away on top of that table.

Grantysghost

I'm surprised so many went in with high expectations.
I had the cats by a couple so I wasn't uber upset with the result. We rarely beat the top 4 sides.
I don't rate our defence, and I think the midfield is looking a little slow and old.
We really need an injection of youth in the guts. Croft has me super worried that we are going to be so unbalanced.

angelopetraglia
04-06-2023, 12:00 AM
If Bont doesn't put the superman cape on and carry the rest of the midfield, we are just pedestrian in there. When he has absolutely dominated doing abnormally good things, we look great. He must be carrying something again (that knee was strapped) and the rest don't just stand up.

bulldogsthru&thru
04-06-2023, 12:01 AM

It's like all the fans are accustomed to the typical crap we deliver. Yet somehow the coaches and players and everyone else down at the club are completely oblivious to it as nothing ever changes and we keep getting told we're in a premiership windows when all the fans know we're nowhere near it.

jeemak
If only there was a stat for stupidity. We'd be far and away on top of that table.

They just don't think!

Libba coughing it up instead of holding it in and being caught holding the ball so he could stifle the play. Bont kicking it along the ground inside directly to their waiting defender instead of stopping the flow, English coming across in front of Jamarra who was perfectly positioned after having out-bodied his opponent and dropping the mark. It just doesn't stop with this group of players, they're a bunch of ****ing imbeciles.

Eastdog
Just got home now.

Very disappointing not to get the win tonight. We gave it up to the Cats so much and they seemed to me to get us in the clearances.

Had plenty of opportunities to get it on the scoreboard but did not take them. It has cost us in the past as myself and Prince Imperial were discussing at the game tonight.

English was really good. He is having a great season. Daniel had a very good night as well and Libba just tried very hard.

Huge game now next Friday night at Marvel Stadium against Port Adelaide.

angelopetraglia
04-06-2023, 12:02 AM
We had eight of the of top nine disposal winners on the ground. Eight. We had the the top five. Their highest was a backman. They didn't have an inside mid with more than 20 touches.

Yet they win.

Grantysghost
04-06-2023, 12:04 AM
Just got home now.

Very disappointing not to get the win tonight. We gave it up to the Cats so much and they seemed to me to get us in the clearances.

Had plenty of opportunities to get it on the scoreboard but did not take them. It has cost us in the past as myself and Prince Imperial were discussing at the game tonight.

English was really good. He is having a great season. Daniel had a very good night as well and Libba just tried very hard.

Huge game now next Friday night at Marvel Stadium against Port Adelaide.

Butters, Rozee, Wines, Jhf, Boak are going to be a big challenge.

angelopetraglia
04-06-2023, 12:05 AM
We had more:

Kicks
Handballs
Inside 50s
Clearances
Stoppage Clearances
Contested possessions
Uncontested possessions
Marks
Marks inside 50
Contested marks
Scoring shots
Tackles
Tackles inside 50
One Percenters

And we had less turnovers.

Yet, we still lost. How? How is that possible?

I will tell you how. This is why.

jeemak
04-06-2023, 12:06 AM
We had more:

Kicks
Handballs
Inside 50s
Clearances
Stoppage Clearances
Contested possessions
Uncontested possessions
Marks
Marks inside 50
Contested marks
Scoring shots
Tackles
Tackles inside 50
One Percenters

And we had less turnovers.

Yet, we still lost. How? How is that possible?

It's all Luke Beveridge's fault apparently.

The Bulldogs Bite
04-06-2023, 12:09 AM
Bevo just said that, when questioned, he didn't feel Stewart had a big impact on the game.

Stewart had 27 touches (23 kicks), 1 goal, 10 marks.

angelopetraglia
04-06-2023, 12:10 AM
Third quarter. We have seven scoring shots for 17 points. They have four scoring shots for 25 points.

Last quarter. We have three scoring shots for three points. They have four scoring shots 18 points.

Second half. We have 11 scoring shots for 20 points. They have nine scoring shots for 44 points.

Plus how many did we kick on the full?

We dominated every stat you want to win. Yet, we don't take our chances. This has been an issue in the Bevo era regardless of personal except for a few golden weeks a few times.

jeemak
04-06-2023, 12:10 AM
Bevo just said that, when questioned, he didn't feel Stewart had a big impact on the game.

Interesting. Paraphrasing at all?

JanLorMill
04-06-2023, 12:11 AM
It's all Luke Beveridge's fault apparently.
No one said it was all his fault.
He is the coach and takes the good and bad.

Grantysghost
04-06-2023, 12:11 AM

He didn't surely!

angelopetraglia
04-06-2023, 12:12 AM
I thought Stewart had a very good game, but I didn't feel he was the difference.

jeemak
04-06-2023, 12:13 AM
Third quarter. We have seven scoring shots for 17 points. They have four scoring shots for 25 points.

Last quarter. We have three scoring shots for three points. They have four scoring shots 18 points.

Second half. We have 11 scoring shots for 20 points. They have nine scoring shots for 44 points.

I don't know how outside of encouraging more practice at the fundamentals, you can coach your way out of that.

They get easier shots because we don't use the footy well, but we get more shots in worse places because we don't use the footy well and then can't convert.

It's a downward spiral.

The Bulldogs Bite
04-06-2023, 12:13 AM
Interesting. Paraphrasing at all?

Will have to look back at the replay but he definitely spoke along the lines of Stewart not having a big impact / influencing the result.

GVGjr
04-06-2023, 12:14 AM
I'm still on the train and barely a Dogs supporter to be seen. I take a later train home but there is normally quite a few supporters on.

macca

Plus how many did we kick on the full?

We dominated every stat you want to win. Yet, we don't take our chances. This has been an issue in the Bevo era regardless of personal except for a few golden weeks a few times.

Is that enough evidence, on the huge mound pile of evidence we have EVERY GAME to look at getting a kicking coach ? Do they kick under pressure and fatigue ?

angelopetraglia
From the AFL website.

"Geelong takes home the chocolates in the end after battling hard to become victorious by 22 points. They proved why they are the fourth-best team from punishing their opposition from turnovers, scoring 65 points from this source. Of those 65 points, they scored 25 of those from attacking midfield turnovers."

The Libba Hail Mary handball in the third quarter which started their run on was a prime example of this.

jeemak
04-06-2023, 12:15 AM
Will have to look back at the replay but he definitely spoke along the lines of Stewart not having a big impact / influencing the result.

I mean, if you de-identify and suggest that anyone could have had that impact given the way we played then fair enough, but if that's what he genuinely thinks without any caveats then he's deranged.

jeemak
04-06-2023, 12:16 AM
From the AFL website.

"Geelong takes home the chocolates in the end after battling hard to become victorious by 22 points. They proved why they are the fourth-best team from punishing their opposition from turnovers, scoring 65 points from this source. Of those 65 points, they scored 25 of those from attacking midfield turnovers."

The Libba Hail Mary handball in the third quarter which started their run on was a prime example of this.

It's exactly like the situation that gifted Adelaide their first goal at Ballarat. Libba just throwing it away instead of taking the holding the ball.

angelopetraglia
04-06-2023, 12:17 AM
I don't know how outside of encouraging more practice at the fundamentals, you can coach your way out of that.

They get easier shots because we don't use the footy well, but we get more shots in worse places because we don't use the footy well and then can't convert.

It's a downward spiral.

Agree. It is more than just goal kicking accuracy. They get goals feasting on our turnovers. Then they are off to the races creating easy shots on goals.

But they had a few big moments in front of goal and the took them. On the siren, 50m out on an angle. They stand up and convert. Bont and McNeil miss from basically directly in front 15m and 30m out.

angelopetraglia
04-06-2023, 12:19 AM
It's exactly like the situation that gifted Adelaide their first goal at Ballarat. Libba just throwing it away instead of taking the holding the ball.

Or a minimum, handball forward so they need to come through us at least, when you handball backwards and they take possession, they are out the back. It changed the entire momentum of the game.

It also sums up the game. We are trying to score, moving the ball around trying to create something. They just sit back and wait for our mistakes. It is like watching the Italian Football Team in their glory days playing Catenaccio. We will hit you on the counter. We will get in front. When we in front we will shut the door.

jeemak
04-06-2023, 12:21 AM
Or a minimum, handball forward so they need to come through us at least, when you handball backwards and they take possession, they are out the back. It changed the entire momentum of the game.

It also sums up the game. We are trying to score, moving the ball around trying to create something. They just sit back and wait for our mistakes. It is like watching Italian Football Team in their glory days playing Catenaccio.

What also hurt us tonight is we seemed to take the short fifty fifty vs. the long fifty fifty. Always take the long fifty fifty gents. Please.

angelopetraglia
04-06-2023, 12:26 AM
What also hurt us tonight is we seemed to take the short fifty fifty vs. the long fifty fifty. Always take the long fifty fifty gents. Please.

We didn't want to take the down line kick all night, even when we had a mismatch. Probably trying to avoid Stewart. But playing the possession game and forcing stoppages is smart, especially when you get a couple of goals up.

Grantysghost
04-06-2023, 12:28 AM
Macrae and Smith combined (11+8)had less cba's than Treloar (23).

We did all right at the contest. Won cp, just used it so poorly. Cats on the other hand used it pretty well. Footy iq is high. We need to be kept down a grade

Suns were +40 v Crows cp.

jeemak
04-06-2023, 12:30 AM
Kicking down the line is pointless most of the time, I agree and especially against Geelong, but we actually have talls who should be working harder.

There was an instance in the last where Naughton was eighty metres away from the footy and expected the ball to be perfectly kicked to him after not presenting. The ball goes boundary side of the contest and Naughton gets angry at the kicker for allowing an easy mark to Geelong. But, there was twenty metres of clear space boundary side that he should have been working into.

Not sure if it's effort or positioning, but that really got my goat that play.

kruder
04-06-2023, 12:32 AM

We have all seen that episode on repeat. How predictable.

macca
04-06-2023, 12:34 AM
Kicking down the line is pointless most of the time, I agree and especially against Geelong, but we actually have talls who should be working harder.

There was an instance in the last where Naughton was eighty metres away from the footy and expected the ball to be perfectly kicked to him after not presenting. The ball goes boundary side of the contest and Naughton gets angry at the kicker for allowing an easy mark to Geelong. But, there was twenty metres of clear space boundary side that he should have been working into.

Not sure if it's effort or positioning, but that really got my goat that play.

Naughton's judgement is poor, the way I read it. as a fwd you need to work your guts off to present and be there for the 40-50 m kick, the shorter the kick , statistically it would be high percentage to execute. Naughton is not a natural forward.

angelopetraglia
04-06-2023, 12:46 AM
Liam Jones. Three touches. Zero intercepts. Basically unsighted all night. They just removed him from the game.

GVGjr
04-06-2023, 12:48 AM
Not sure what to make from Geelong going down the guts from kick ins so many times.
Is this a ploy they've used a few times before this season?

jeemak
04-06-2023, 12:51 AM
Liam Jones. Three touches. Zero intercepts. Basically unsighted all night. They just removed him from the game.

I actually wondered if he was playing shitfaced at times tonight.

angelopetraglia
04-06-2023, 12:52 AM
Gigacz from Twitter:

Last two weeks for the Western Bulldogs…

WB
55 shots
21 goals
38% accuracy

Opposition
46 shots
28 goals
61% accuracy

angelopetraglia
04-06-2023, 01:33 AM
Just watched the Bevo presser. He was a deflated man. Flat. Incredibly frustrated with our kicking skills and goal conversion. I felt like he had a game plan to win, but the boys just didn’t execute.

GVGjr
04-06-2023, 01:41 AM
Just watched the Bevo presser. He was a deflated man. Flat. Incredibly frustrated with our kicking skills and goal conversion. I felt like he had a game plan to win, but the boys just didn’t execute.

Hard to argue with that. It's not Bevo's fault if players don't execute the required skill level during the game but it becomes harder to defend if he and the MC continues to select them.

The Bulldogs Bite
04-06-2023, 01:43 AM
Hard to argue with that. It's not Bevo's fault if players don't execute the required skill level during the game but it becomes harder to defend if he and the MC continues to select them.

Yep and it's not a two week problem. It's been an issue from day one and got worse.

jeemak
04-06-2023, 01:56 AM
His presser was pretty shallow because you can't just keep saying we butchered it to every single question but one or two.

Must be pretty frustrating to have to front up after that, and accept that players who can execute when they have heads in the game often fail to rock up and actually do that every week.

bulldogtragic
04-06-2023, 08:21 AM
Gigacz from Twitter:

Last two weeks for the Western Bulldogs…

WB
55 shots
21 goals
38% accuracy

Opposition
46 shots
28 goals
61% accuracy

This to entrench ourselves in the top four. Just shat the bed with a problem that hasn’t improved for a decade. Can’t say we should be shocked. A footy department with millions and plenty of coaches, we we still butcher it led by our captain.

Grantysghost
04-06-2023, 08:57 AM

He was tight on Hawkins, as you say though they rarely bomb it to a contest.
Such a clever side.
Midfield pressure was ok too they just don't panic and dump it.

JanLorMill
04-06-2023, 09:22 AM
He picks the players that let him down.

JanLorMill
04-06-2023, 09:27 AM
A fullback should be getting 3 touches. Hawkins kicked only 2 which is Jones’s main role. If we are going to rely on interception from our full back to win us the game then no wonder we can’t beat Geelong.

Grantysghost
04-06-2023, 09:33 AM
A fullback should be getting 3 touches. Hawkins kicked only 2 which is Jones?s main role. If we are going to rely on interception from our full back to win us the game then no wonder we can?t beat Geelong.

It's a good point. He can't be expected to do both when the cats are so clever at f50 entries.

They never gave him the opportunity to sag off, leave Hawkins and intercept which would've been the plan.

Geelong so well coached and clever, they took away his strength.

This is where you need a plan B.

Naughton on Hawkins, Jones freed up to sit in the way.
To be fair the game was tight so I'm not sure the move was on last night.
Hopefully it's in the kit bag though.

Scorlibo
04-06-2023, 09:38 AM
A fullback should be getting 3 touches. Hawkins kicked only 2 which is Jones’s main role. If we are going to rely on interception from our full back to win us the game then no wonder we can’t beat Geelong.

Blicavs kicked a goal on him too. It wasn't a good night for Liam, didn't have any influence.

Grantysghost
04-06-2023, 09:41 AM
Blicavs kicked a goal on him too. It wasn't a good night for Liam, didn't have any influence.

He's a star. Never gets spoken about as one of the games great players however I think he is.

Can play every position just about.

Line him up v Nick Daicos I'm taking a 6 ft 6 guy that runs forever is great in the air and on the ground and can play every position over a half back flanker who runs around on his own.

Yet one is anointed God and the other is quietly going about his business.

SonofScray
04-06-2023, 11:48 AM

Jones absolutely torched Baker after that contest. Ripped right into him.

angelopetraglia
04-06-2023, 12:17 PM
What impact do we think the travel schedule has had on our group? We looked completely flat in that last quarter.

Since Round #5

Adelaide
Perth
Melbourne
Canberra
Melbourne
Ballarat
Darwin
Melbourne

It can't help.

bulldogtragic
04-06-2023, 12:23 PM
What impact do we think the travel schedule has had on our group? We looked completely flat in that last quarter.

Since Round #5

Adelaide
Perth
Melbourne
Canberra
Melbourne
Ballarat
Darwin
Melbourne

It can't help.

It’s a national competition. I don’t think it’s too crazy or unfair. Half our games at home in Vic, and two short flights. The Perth was straight after Adelaide so not a full big trip either. If players were tired they should’ve been managed/rested.

SonofScray
04-06-2023, 12:25 PM

Since Round #5

Adelaide
Perth
Melbourne
Canberra
Melbourne
Ballarat
Darwin
Melbourne

It can't help.

It’s a fair consideration. If I had some good will left and belief that we were going to give ourselves a decent shot at it, I’d say it matters.

Grantysghost
05-06-2023, 05:05 PM
Aflca votes :

Western Bulldogs v Geelong
10 Tom Stewart (GEEL)
8 Tim English (WB)
5 Caleb Daniel (WB)
5 Gryan Miers (GEEL)
1 Brad Close (GEEL)
1 Tom Atkins (GEEL)

LEADERBOARD
63 Zak Butters PORT
63 Nick Daicos COLL
61 Christian Petracca MELB
52 Zach Merrett ESS
47 Jordan De Goey COLL
45 Matt Rowell GCFC
44 Noah Anderson GCFC
44 Marcus Bontempelli WB
43 Connor Rozee PORT
43 Tim Taranto RICH
41 Lachie Neale BL
40 Jordan Dawson ADEL
40 Clayton Oliver MELB
39 Jack Sinclair STK
38 Toby Greene GWS
37 Darcy Moore COLL
37 Callum Wilkie STK
35 Chad Warner SYD
34 Jeremy Cameron GEEL
33 Caleb Serong FRE

Grantysghost
05-06-2023, 05:06 PM
No surprises that since Bont hurt his knee v Crows he's not polled.

We've also lost both games.

Maybe rest the guy.

Also lucky Stewart didn't have an impact according to Bevo.

Grantysghost
05-06-2023, 05:11 PM

Since Round #5

Adelaide
Perth
Melbourne
Canberra
Melbourne
Ballarat
Darwin
Melbourne

It can't help.

None really. I think those days are over. Players are used to the travel.

How do interstate sides ever win a flag when they travel every second week?

angelopetraglia
05-06-2023, 05:12 PM
No surprises that since Bont hurt his knee v Crows he's not polled.

We've also lost both games.

Maybe rest the guy.

Also lucky Stewart didn't have an impact according to Bevo.

Yet he gave him 5 votes. English was BOG by the length of the Flemington straight.

Grantysghost
05-06-2023, 05:16 PM
Yet he gave him 5 votes. English was BOG by the length of the Flemington straight.

Stewart was clearly best on, no problems with that.

It's just Bevo said he didn't have an impact then gave him 5 votes!

bornadog
05-06-2023, 05:54 PM

Since Round #5

Adelaide
Perth
Melbourne
Canberra
Melbourne
Ballarat
Darwin
Melbourne

It can't help.

The run home we have been rated the 2 or 3rd (memory fails) easiest run

Sedat
05-06-2023, 08:30 PM
Just saw an amazing stat On The Couch. Gryan Myers has hit a target with 45% of his kicks into F50 this season. By contrast, Bailey Smith has hit a target 2% with his kicks into F50. Both players had had roughly the same number of inside F50 kicks.

Who would want to be a forward in our team?

EasternWest
05-06-2023, 09:22 PM
Just saw an amazing stat On The Couch. Gryan Myers has hit a target with 45% of his kicks into F50 this season. By contrast, Bailey Smith has hit a target 2% with his kicks into F50. Both players had had roughly the same number of inside F50 kicks.

Is it not the chicken/egg though?

Don't get me wrong, in a previous (number of) posts I may have mentioned that for all Bailey Smith's attributes I would consider trading him because he's a terrible kick/decision maker.

That being said, are his stats so low (and steal 50 from your wallet at a party) Myers so good because they're bad/good kicks or because Geelong forwards know how to make space and lead into it and we, well, we're the same as we ever was?

angelopetraglia
05-06-2023, 09:33 PM

That is absolutely crazy.

bulldogtragic
05-06-2023, 09:50 PM
Is it not the chicken/egg though?

Don't get me wrong, in a previous (number of) posts I may have mentioned that for all Bailey Smith's attributes I would consider trading him because he's a terrible kick/decision maker.

That being said, are his stats so low (and steal 50 from your wallet at a party) Myers so good because they're bad/good kicks or because Geelong forwards know how to make space and lead into it and we, well, we're the same as we ever was?

Who wants to over pay a trade for ‘Mr 2 Percent’?

Grantysghost
05-06-2023, 10:28 PM
Smith is a ten times better kick than Myers.

Having said that.

Myers is like 2 percent good, Bailey 20

EasternWest
05-06-2023, 10:47 PM
Smith is a ten times better kick than Myers.

Having said that.

Myers is like 2 percent good, Bailey 20

Is he though? He can kick a lot further, but is he actually a better kick?

Grantysghost
05-06-2023, 11:12 PM
Is he though? He can kick a lot further, but is he actually a better kick?

Yes.

Actually.

How do you compare two shit things.

It's like Nickleback v Bush.

bulldogtragic
06-06-2023, 09:16 AM
Yes.

Actually.

Which is Smith? Bush I guess, the semi at Brisbane his ‘glycerine’.

I don’t like this comparison. I come to you with arms wide open to forget this, and that’s how you remind me?

EasternWest
06-06-2023, 09:44 AM
Yes.

Actually.

Nah, I can't hate on Nickelback. I mean, I don't particularly like them but they've made plenty of people happy and by all reports are ok dudes.

I can't hate on Bush either, Machinehead is an awesome song.

I'm not sure what my point is here.

Which is Smith? Bush I guess, the semi at Brisbane his ‘glycerine’.

I don’t like this comparison. I come to you with arms wide open to forget this, and that’s how you remind me?

Now, Creed hate I can get behind.

bulldogtragic
06-06-2023, 09:45 AM
Nah, I can't hate on Nickelback. I mean, I don't particularly like them but they've made plenty of people happy and by all reports are ok dudes.

I can't hate on Bush either, Machinehead is an awesome song.

I'm not sure what my point is here.

Now, Creed hate I can get behind.

It’s what unites the people.

Sedat
06-06-2023, 10:46 AM
When I was knee-deep in my indie-wanker phase (I was insufferable, some might say I still am for different reasons now), I truly despised these guys. But honestly "How You Remind Me" is lowkey a pretty awesome track (if not exactly original) which totally nails the post-grunge "soft verse/loud chorus" dynamic - pretty good self-reflective lyrics as well, which I didn't appreciate 20 years ago.

I get the Creed hate but can't even hate on them anymore either. Not my cup of tea, but there's obvious song craft to their compositions, notwithstanding Scott Stapp bellowing through every syllable with all the subtlety of a sledgehammer.

These artists have touched millions of people, which is about million more than most artists who have ever picked up a musical instrument or a mic.

Grantysghost
06-06-2023, 10:51 AM
When I was knee-deep in my indie-wanker phase (I was insufferable, some might say I still am for different reasons now), I truly despised these guys. But honestly "How You Remind Me" is lowkey a pretty awesome track (if not exactly original) which totally nails the post-grunge "soft verse/loud chorus" dynamic - pretty good self-reflective lyrics as well, which I didn't appreciate 20 years ago.

I get the Creed hate but can't even hate on them anymore either. Not my cup of tea, but there's obvious song craft to their compositions, notwithstanding Scott Stapp bellowing through every syllable with all the subtlety of a sledgehammer.

These artists have touched millions of people, which is about million more than most artists who have ever picked up a musical instrument or a mic.

I prefer the indie wanker Sedat.

Nickleback suck let's all go with that!

What happened to you guys....*walks away shaking his head* ;)

Next you'll be telling me you like Limp Bizkit and Maroon 5 !

bulldogtragic
06-06-2023, 10:52 AM

Matchbox 20…

Sedat
06-06-2023, 11:02 AM

We're on a unity ticket there! They are as offensively inoffensive as it gets.

Also all nu-metal blows hard. I reckon that genre was the final nail in the coffin for rock as the dominant cultural influencer and paved the way for hip hop to take over.

Sedat
06-06-2023, 11:04 AM
Matchbox 20…
Bland-o-rama but I give props to them calling their best of album "Exile on Mainstream". They know where they stand.

EasternWest
06-06-2023, 11:21 AM

Bland-o-rama but I give props to them calling their best of album "Exile on Mainstream". They know where they stand.

Well I guess this is growing up.

bulldogtragic
06-06-2023, 11:24 AM
We're on a unity ticket there! They are as offensively inoffensive as it gets.

Also all nu-metal blows hard. I reckon that genre was the final nail in the coffin for rock as the dominant cultural influencer and paved the way for hip hop to take over.

I’ve been listening to early-mid 90’s hip hop. They were just having way more fun than the nu metal bland garbage. Slim Shady songs are crammed full of 90’s cultural references, and I find just as much fun today. The garbage music promoters put out late 90’s was shameful by and large. But I didn’t mind garbage, maybe Butch Vig’s influence? I went through the Hottest 100 lists and the 90’s is my sweet spot, irrespective of genre. There was some great stuff to be had, and layers of shit on top to ignore.

Grantysghost
06-06-2023, 11:27 AM
Well I guess this is growing up.https://media.giphy.com/media/cYRQWBrPipB7aWa4dD/giphy.gif

Grantysghost
06-06-2023, 11:29 AM
I’ve been listening to early-mid 90’s hip hop. They were just having way more fun than the nu metal bland garbage. Slim Shady songs are crammed full of 90’s cultural references, and I find just as much fun today. The garbage music promoters put out late 90’s was shameful by and large. But I didn’t mind garbage, maybe Butch Vig’s influence? I went through the Hottest 100 lists and the 90’s is my sweet spot, irrespective of genre. There was some great stuff to be had, and layers of shit on top to ignore.

We are way off thread here, however I always loved Ice Ts Original Gangster album bought in back in 91 (what a year).

Midnight especially love that tale.

bulldogtragic
06-06-2023, 11:29 AM
Well I guess this is growing up.

Saw them at BDO. I love a small unit that is genuinely having fun on stage. Still a huge favourite. The kids have discovered them haven?t they now?

Sedat
06-06-2023, 11:32 AM
It was a combination of the Nu-Metal crowd and also the "Bowling Shirt" bands (I'm looking at you, Smash Mouth). It was like the creative well with rock was squeezed dry post the early 90'S alt-grunge boom.

I don't want to sound all curmudgeonly and how "everything was better back in my day" but I kind-of am, which probably still makes me a wanker :D

bulldogtragic
06-06-2023, 11:34 AM
It was a combination of the Nu-Metal crowd and also the "Bowling Shirt" bands (I'm looking at you, Smash Mouth). It was like the creative well with rock was squeezed dry post the early 90'S alt-grunge boom.

I don't want to sound all curmudgeonly and how "everything was better back in my day" but I kind-of am, which probably still makes me a wanker :D

Then count me a wanker too! :D

It was clearly better in our day. So much so all I’m hearing is seemingly covers from then or earlier now when I hear the kids music at the supermarket.

EasternWest
06-06-2023, 11:36 AM
We are way off thread here, however I always loved Ice Ts Original Gangster album bought in back in 91 (what a year).

But I don't wanna call it no 6 in the morning....

Saw them at BDO. I love a small unit that is genuinely having fun on stage. Still a huge favourite. The kids have discovered them haven?t they now?

I'm not sure really, but I've always found that line quite poignant and applicable to a variety of situations. Like when a former music snob realises that the energy he put into hating something outside his tastes is wasted energy and in fact if the target of his hate has actually made other people happy and not hurt anyone then what does he care.

Not that I'm singling anyone out.

To quote another late 90's band that's still going strong today "become your Dad, live unquestioned. It's in your head, nostalgia's dead".

Sedat
06-06-2023, 11:44 AM

GVGjr can pull us up, but speaking for myself I have enjoyed this detour far more than exploring the minutiae of how we lost for the 17th time in 19 games against the Pork-Barrellers.

bulldogtragic
06-06-2023, 11:47 AM
GVGjr can pull us up, but speaking for myself I have enjoyed this detour far more than exploring the minutiae of how we lost for the 17th time in 19 games against the Pork-Barrellers.

GVGjr isn’t because he’s loving it. I think he’s a 90’s Marilyn Manson ‘Beautiful People’ fan but just needs to chance to say it.

**** Geelong.

EasternWest
06-06-2023, 11:50 AM
GVGjr isn?t because he?s loving it. I think he?s a 90?s Marilyn Manson ?Beautiful People? fan but just needs to chance to say it.

**** Geelong.
I always saw him more as an Evanescence My Immortal kind of guy.

Drawn out, overly dramatic.

bulldogtragic
06-06-2023, 11:52 AM

I can see that too. Just as long as Mambo #5 isn’t his thing. I’m not sure I could recover.

Sedat
06-06-2023, 11:57 AM

Or possibly delving into mid 00's EMO territory with the likes of My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy and Panic! At the Disco. Speaking of the latter, what an appalling and haphazard use of exclamation points - Lippman from Pendant Publishing would get rid of that exclamation point in a heartbeat! And this one!

Grantysghost
06-06-2023, 12:56 PM
Or possibly delving into mid 00's EMO territory with the likes of My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy and Panic! At the Disco. Speaking of the latter, what an appalling and haphazard use of exclamation points - Lippman from Pendant Publishing would get rid of that exclamation point in a heartbeat! And this one!

Haha....!

Jake Jarmel. I'd put an exclamation point here.... I'm leaving !

Fall out boy *spewemoticon*

Are we judging things by likes now certain poster on here not be named or inferred to (EW). The republican party makes millions happy. Christianity..... BILLIONS!

Ha

hujsh
06-06-2023, 01:19 PM
Haha....!

Jake Jarmel. I'd put an exclamation point here.... I'm leaving !

Fall out boy *spewemoticon*

Are we judging things by likes now certain poster on here not be named or inferred to (EW). The republican party makes millions happy. Christianity..... BILLIONS!

Ha

Most bands haven't hurt anyone (maybe 30 second to Mars with the weird cult thing)

1eyedog
06-06-2023, 01:24 PM
Gary has lost control of the board! There is Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath and then there is silence. Every rock, punk and metal riff ever written was written right there.

Grantysghost
06-06-2023, 01:29 PM
Most bands haven't hurt anyone (maybe 30 second to Mars with the weird cult thing)

Have you heard We Will Rock You? It's an assault to not only the memory of Freddy but my vestibulocochlear nerve!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tc8DkBHrWI

That's checkmate my friends.

Grantysghost
06-06-2023, 01:32 PM
Gary has lost control of the board! There is Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath and then there is silence. Every rock, punk and metal riff ever written was written right there.

To lose something you have to have had it 1ED !

EasternWest
06-06-2023, 02:13 PM
Have you heard We Will Rock You? It's an assault to not only the memory of Freddy but my vestibulocochlear nerve!

Ok. I'm meeting Nickelback at the nets.

Sedat
06-06-2023, 02:39 PM

Never said that I ever made it as a wise man. Nor did I ever say that I could cut it as a poor man stealing, either.

Grantysghost
06-06-2023, 04:37 PM
Back to the game I've finally watched the Bevo presser post match.

He really did say Stewart didn't have a big impact and that we had more intercept marks.

Because we push a half forward to the contest (think Macrae, Smith) Stewart was on his own.

I can't for the life of me understand why you leave such a critical player free? Why doesn't one of the other forwards push up and stand next to him.

I get the whole we want to play our way scenario, however it was clear he was causing issues just by being in the way when our downfield players looked up and tried to enter 50.

To say he didn't have a big impact, then after review giving him best on ground also makes me concerned that they aren't reacting to in game situations effectively.

Strange one.

Sedat
06-06-2023, 05:05 PM
I get the whole we want to play our way scenario, however it was clear he was causing issues just by being in the way when our downfield players looked up and tried to enter 50.
This is such flawed logic - no good team allows their opposition to play their way. Especially a shrewd bastard like Chris Scott - his entire MO is to take away from the opposition strength, which he does against us for fun.

Danjul
06-06-2023, 05:16 PM
This is such flawed logic - no good team allows their opposition to play their way. Especially a shrewd bastard like Chris Scott - his entire MO is to take away from the opposition strength, which he does against us for fun.
I don?t like our way. zero goals in 50 minutes is unpleasant. Can we please play their way.

Sedat
06-06-2023, 05:46 PM
I don?t like our way. zero goals in 50 minutes is unpleasant. Can we please play their way.
I haven't watched enough footy this year to know if it is our game plan that is askew, or if our skill level is sub-par, or if the connection into F50 is the fault of the mids delivering or the running patterns of the F50 players, but I do know the Geelong method prioritises retention of the footy at all costs. Some of the edits of Isaac Smith and Gryan Myers in particular this week were illuminating - they changed direction and chose whatever option that ensured the ball was retained by their team.

It bears repeating that we are still ahead of Geelong on the 2023 ladder, so clearly there are elements of our game that are functioning well. But the eye test is that we work exceptionally hard for our scores compared to our opponents most weeks, and that is something that has plagued us for large parts of the last 6 and a half seasons.

Sharper minds than mine are obviously working on this every day, so I hope Bevo and his match committee can unlock better/easier avenues to scoring. Since round 3, there's no doubt we have defended the total ground much better than recent seasons - if we can unlock the F50 connection mystery, we can still make a big impact this season.

Grantysghost
09-06-2023, 12:06 PM
Barrett has been reading woof :

IF ...
Bevo said Cat Tom Stewart was "not a massive factor" in the round 12 post-match media conference ...

THEN ...
I take him at his word that he meant that. But it was very interesting to then see Stewart amass a maximum 10 votes for the performance in the official AFL Coaches Association award. Bevo isn't a member of the AFLCA, and "coaching groups" are known to regularly construct those votes.

GVGjr
09-06-2023, 03:08 PM
Barrett has been reading woof :

IF ...
Bevo said Cat Tom Stewart was "not a massive factor" in the round 12 post-match media conference ...

THEN ...
I take him at his word that he meant that. But it was very interesting to then see Stewart amass a maximum 10 votes for the performance in the official AFL Coaches Association award. Bevo isn't a member of the AFLCA, and "coaching groups" are known to regularly construct those votes.

He brought that up at Footy Classified on Wednesday night. It was a bit of a U turn by Bevo given his presser.