PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 13, 2023 vs Port Adelaide

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
09-06-2023, 03:45 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's game against Port. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

Or was it a collection of moments that you thought 'oh dear that's sure to produce a flood of WOOF melts on par with GG's post GF loss..

whythelongface
09-06-2023, 11:50 PM
When Port kicked two or three in quick succession midway through the 3rd to establish a 20 point lead. To our credit we came back but it is difficult to peg back a lead against a class side.

EasternWest
09-06-2023, 11:52 PM
Goal. Line. Free. Kick.

WTF

JanLorMill
09-06-2023, 11:54 PM
When we recruited Lobb late year.

GVGjr
10-06-2023, 12:00 AM
Two moments stood out.
Bailey Dale kicking out and no one touched it highlighted it was going to be a struggle.
Horne Francis goal broke our spirit

SonofScray
10-06-2023, 12:48 AM
The goal line free kick snuffed the last ember of hope. You’ll never see that paid again.

The red time goal at the end of the first? I think, after the siren?

Scorlibo
10-06-2023, 01:02 AM

This one for me, the crowd was up and about and we were surging, Bont carves back onto his left, looking every bit like a dangerous inside fifty was coming up potentially to send us to within two points. I'm still in disbelief that the kick was smothered. Down the other end it goes in a flash, no free kick paid to Duryea, and Horne-Francis twists the dagger.

angelopetraglia
10-06-2023, 01:10 AM
This one for me, the crowd was up and about and we were surging, Bont carves back onto his left, looking every bit like a dangerous inside fifty was coming up potentially to send us to within two points. I'm still in disbelief that the kick was smothered. Down the other end it goes in a flash, no free kick paid to Duryea, and Horne-Francis twists the dagger.

100% agree. We had all the momentum in the quarter. Bont has the ball. You expect good things to happen. Smother. Off to the races. Out the back. Blatant free kick against Doc not paid. JHF just rubs in our face with some outrageous play. Game Over.

jeemak
10-06-2023, 01:30 AM

I could have smothered it from my couch in Hawthorn East given how much he telegraphed it.

jeemak
10-06-2023, 01:31 AM
Either Marra's or Lobb's shots in the first. You can't give away that sort of conversion opportunity against a side as hot as Port.

angelopetraglia
10-06-2023, 01:40 AM
Either Marra's or Lobb's shots in the first. You can't give away that sort of conversion opportunity against a side as hot as Port.

Yes. In particular the Lobb miss. It was a gift. Blatant miss kick and tunover. He was about 20m out. Could not believe he missed that. Hurting them from those turnovers where you create a goal from a bad mistake lifts you, but it deflates the opposition. It kills their confidence. But we let them off the hook.

bornadog
10-06-2023, 01:44 AM
When we recruited Lobb late year.

Who goes second Ruck?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
10-06-2023, 08:09 AM
Two moments stood out.
Bailey Dale kicking out and no one touched it highlighted it was going to be a struggle.

Agree the Horne Francise one really stopped all of our momentum, and it being able to happen was indicative of the malaise in our backhalf.

Also the goal line free against Baker. That was just a cruel full stop on a crazy, incoherent performance by the umpires tonight.

JanLorMill
10-06-2023, 08:43 AM
Who goes second Ruck?
English but we get about the same physicality.

AshMac
10-06-2023, 08:51 AM
I thought Bonts smothered kick going forward was the moment. A tiny bit of resistance and we crumbled.

Wasn?t the only moment wmbut they goaled and it killed our momentum

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
10-06-2023, 09:08 AM
I thought Bonts smothered kick going forward was the moment. A tiny bit of resistance and we crumbled.

Yeah, good observation. It's those moments we miss that they then capitalise on to score that really hurt. The old 12 point turnaround.

Grantysghost
10-06-2023, 10:12 AM

Yep this one for me. Then we let JHF run an arc whilst Duryea and Daniel watched him to seal it. Not sure where the pressure from behind was.
Port would’ve run our guys down if they had that much time with the ball in the 50.

angelopetraglia
10-06-2023, 10:16 AM
Yep this one for me. Then we let JHF run an arc whilst Duryea and Daniel watched him to seal it.

To be fair. Duryea was being unfairly held to the ground prior to that by Rioli. Taken out of the contest. Daniel simply doesn't have the legs to go with JHF.

Grantysghost
10-06-2023, 10:24 AM
To be fair. Duryea was being unfairly held to the ground prior to that by Rioli. Taken out of the contest. Daniel simply doesn't have the legs to go with JHF.
I’ll need to see that again, I thought it was a fair contest. People give too much time to umpiring decisions I think. Bruce was caught cold holding the ball directly in front I think in the last and it was play on. They miss some. Didn’t change the result. Cody went ass over again in the first I’m even finding that annoying. I’ll preface this by saying I have a lot of respect for the umps it’s a tough gig. I only see maybe 1 or 2 I don’t agree with a game.

angelopetraglia
10-06-2023, 10:26 AM
I’ll need to see that again, I thought it was a fair contest. People give too much time to umpiring decisions I think. Bruce was caught cold holding the ball directly in front I think in the last and it was play on. They miss some. Didn’t change the result. Cody went ass over again in the first I’m even finding that annoying. I’ll preface this by saying I have a lot of respect for the umps it’s a tough gig. I only see maybe 1 or 2 I don’t agree with a game.

If you watch the replay. You will see he held onto his arm and actually pulled him to the ground. Free kick for me.

Grantysghost
10-06-2023, 10:38 AM
If you watch the replay. You will see he held onto his arm and actually pulled him to the ground. Free kick for me.

Ok sounds like a mistake. I saw it from behind looked like a test of strength.

Mantis
13-06-2023, 10:40 AM
Yep this one for me. Then we let JHF run an arc whilst Duryea and Daniel watched him to seal it. Not sure where the pressure from behind was.
Port would’ve run our guys down if they had that much time with the ball in the 50.

Anthony Scott also got beat in the contest to get the loose ball and then went to ground… really good players do things that average players can’t to help you win close games.

Grantysghost
13-06-2023, 11:09 AM
Anthony Scott also got beat in the contest to get the loose ball and then went to ground… really good players do things that average players can’t to help you win close games.

He is a jet - wow Port lucked out.

He had a paddock it's rare you're not run down in that situation in AFL.

One of our midfield/hf players should've been compressing up however we maybe were trying to win/holding position at that point.

Mantis
13-06-2023, 11:22 AM
He is a jet - wow Port lucked out.

He had a paddock it's rare you're not run down in that situation in AFL.

One of our midfield/hf players should've been compressing up however we maybe were trying to win/holding position at that point.

The ball moved pretty quickly from end to end so a bit much to expect the players from the zones mentioned to get back to assist… the issue is how the ball got there.

Butters got around Libba pretty easily and after smothering Bont’s kick Drew was able to be the link up to get the long kick in deep… Interesting that after the smother Drew was still laying on the ground as Bont started jogging back to follow the ball, but Drew ran straight past him to get the ball from Butters.

Curly5
14-06-2023, 10:47 AM
I think Port can go all the way. Hopefully they will beat Geelong this week.

Grantysghost
14-06-2023, 10:53 AM
I think Port can go all the way. Hopefully they will beat Geelong this week.

They are very good, I don't think they can beat Melbourne or Collingwood at the G though.

Also if Aliir goes down I've got question marks about their defence.

Jeanette54
15-06-2023, 12:08 AM
For mine the moment occurred very early in the first quarter, at the centre bounce following the one where the first free kick was awarded against Tim English. Tim was very unsure at that bounce, and lacked any idea of how he might contest the ruck duel. inevitably another free kick was awarded against him. That was the beginning of Tim's horror night.