PDA

View Full Version : Injury Update for Round 5

Desipura
14-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Thought I would start a thread on when our injured players will be back. Eade was quoted on SEN last week as saying that Williams, Lynch and possibly Everitt will be playing for Willi this week.
Do we know if this is still the case? I know the papers will publish the injury list tomorrow however they are not always accurate. I also know some posters talk to Eade so it would be good if they could ask the question.
Can we keep this thread updated each week?

bornadog
14-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Thought I would start a thread on when our injured players will be back. Eade was quoted on SEN last week as saying that Williams, Lynch and possibly Everitt will be playing for Willi this week.
Do we know if this is still the case? I know the papers will publish the injury list tomorrow however they are not always accurate. I also know some posters talk to Eade so it would be good if they could ask the question.
Can we keep this thread updated each week?

I heard Eade before the game on Friday and he said Williams, Everitt and Ray will play for Willy this week. Didn't mention Lynch.

1eyedog
14-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Is that this coming week or last week? I thought Everitt was 2 weeks behind Ray? I hope West is right for this week after the Tiger's big win in Perth, we made need him, especially if we have another off night.

GVGjr
14-04-2008, 11:05 AM
I get injury updates from the club each week. It's not the most comprehensive but I pass them on each week.

GVGjr
14-04-2008, 08:10 PM
This is what I got from the club today. I think this is far from complete

Scott West -- (minor) knee -- 1 week
Shaun Higgins -- Damage to ankle ligaments -- 12-14 weeks
Tom Williams -- Thigh -- 1 week

I'll contact them and suggest that they need to start adding the players that missed the previous week as available if in fact they are.
There is no mention for Shaw, McDougall and Lynch

Desipura
15-04-2008, 09:08 AM
This is what I got from the club today. I think this is far from complete

Scott West -- (minor) knee -- 1 week
Shaun Higgins -- Damage to ankle ligaments -- 12-14 weeks
Tom Williams -- Thigh -- 1 week

I'll contact them and suggest that they need to start adding the players that missed the previous week as available if in fact they are.
There is no mention for Shaw, McDougall and Lynch
Does that mean Ray & Everitt are fit to play for Willi this week?

Mantis
15-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Does that mean Ray & Everitt are fit to play for Willi this week?

Yep.

They started full training last week so they should be right to go.

hujsh
15-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Yep.

They started full training last week so they should be right to go.

That's excellent news.

ledge
15-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Great to hear, still think Everitt needs another preseason to harden his body up, i watched him against Lucas in night game and he is definitely a good footballer but 1 on 1 still needs more strength.
As a floater across the backline i think he is exceptional, he reads the play a little like Grant did when he played there.
Ray i would love to see him back,i like him on the wing, so who do we drop?

Mantis
15-04-2008, 08:57 PM

Probably 1 of Addison, Harbrow or Eagleton.

No guess to who I would pick.

Bulldog Revolution
16-04-2008, 12:18 AM
Great to hear, still think Everitt needs another preseason to harden his body up, i watched him against Lucas in night game and he is definitely a good footballer but 1 on 1 still needs more strength.
As a floater across the backline i think he is exceptional, he reads the play a little like Grant did when he played there.

Everitt is only a second year player so does need another preseason. His preseason form was poor overall and seemed to be suffering from the second year blues. Whether that was from putting pressure on himself to perform or opposition teams paying him much more attention I dont know. He clearly has talent and from his reputation amongst the group it seems his work ethic is good so we'd have to be hoping for big things from him.

As for Ray and who we drop? - it seems to me that moment you start worrying about that someone gets injured so it will sort itself out.

KEN
16-04-2008, 03:00 PM
The Western Bulldogs will be without midfielder Scott West for another week, with the seven-time best and fairest winner failing to recover from a knee injury that kept him from playing on the weekend.

Coach Rodney Eade said West would miss again but should be fine for the Bulldogs round six clash against West Coast.

Captain Brad Johnson walked laps at training on Wednesday with what Eade described as a corked thigh.

Eade said his skipper is "not 100 per cent" but is still expcected to play against Richmond on Sunday.

hujsh
16-04-2008, 03:36 PM
He would have been a nice inclusion. Richmond sem to be good at winning the contested ball and West would have nullified that.

The Bulldogs Bite
16-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Hopefully he's alright for the Eagles clash, he's a very important player no matter how close he is to the end of his career.

As long as we keep up the intensity, we should win, we have enough players with the ability to find the ball & use it to win the game.

mighty_west
17-04-2008, 02:56 PM
As for Ray and who we drop? - it seems to me that moment you start worrying about that someone gets injured so it will sort itself out.

It becomes a good issue to have, who goes out of the side when Everitt & Williams come back, Rocket said that they will both be back in ASAP, with Farren also there in waiting, was looking good before he got injured.

Who comes out? Wighty will most likely be a likely ommision, but he hasn't been all that bad, kicked a few goals as well which has been very handy, his goal on the run from 40 was super.

I guess Harbrow will need to be consistant, with Westy due back in 2 weeks or so, but also with Ray in contention, alot are suggesting Addison and or Callan, but both bring a hard edge, especially in defence, and it would be hard to drop those types, especially when the added hardness is one of the main reasons we have improved from last season, both have been great.

I guess it will come down to form when those players come back, but it's going to be interesting to see.

Cyberdoggie
17-04-2008, 04:52 PM
is it just me or is 14 weeks for an ankle rather excessive???

you could amputate and frankenstein his foot back on in less time than that. :rolleyes:

hujsh
17-04-2008, 05:20 PM

It's amazing how often someone gets injured when there is someone deserving a spot.

But i guess there's injuries most weeks anyway

Mofra
17-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Hopefully he's alright for the Eagles clash, he's a very important player no matter how close he is to the end of his career.

As long as we keep up the intensity, we should win, we have enough players with the ability to find the ball & use it to win the game.

If we tag Foley close we should more than break-even at the stoppages.

Foley is to the Tigers what West was to us 3-4 years ago, fortunately we have Boyd, Cross & Cooney (yes, true) as inside midfielders, Griff does both and our ruck division now helps quite alot in this area.

whythelongface
17-04-2008, 10:34 PM
We really missed Westy last week. We could have done with him in the 3rd qtr when we getting comprehensively beaten in the clearances. Thankfully it is only the Tigers that he will be missing against. I can't see their midfield dominating.

Big Dog
18-04-2008, 09:07 AM
We have proved last week that we can survive without Westy....hopefully the in and under types like Boyd and Cross continually improve and step up without Scott's presence....every game is a difficult game but its better to rest than risk Scott in a match against a side like Richmond

The Coon Dog
18-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Good news!!

Malcolm Lynch, Farren Ray, Andrew McDougall & Andrejs Everitt will all return to action this weekend for Williamstown (or reserves).

Tom Williams will return next week.

Other than that the only players injured are Westie, Higgins & Henry White (groin).

GVGjr
18-04-2008, 03:43 PM
TCD Im not meaning to be a smart a$$ however I think it would be a good idea to update my injury update post rather than posting a new one.

No need to evade the swear filter. We only have a couple of the real bad ones blocked.

Dry Rot
18-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Injury related threads merged.

hujsh
18-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Look for an injury or 2 in the next 3 weeks. Whenever the injured list is almost done to none someone gets hurt.

alwaysadog
19-04-2008, 10:34 AM
Look for an injury or 2 in the next 3 weeks. Whenever the injured list is almost done to none someone gets hurt.

Don't wish it on us. After our recent seasons wrecked by injury we need a break from it. Anyway we have improved rehab and conditioning capacities at the new player centre.

Would whoever walked under the ladder or crossed paths with the black cat stop doing it.

LostDoggy
19-04-2008, 04:26 PM
drejs played in willi today and kicked a goal, don't know anything about Ray

Sockeye Salmon
20-04-2008, 01:55 PM
drejs played in willi today and kicked a goal, don't know anything about Ray

Ray - 18 possies in 75% game time.
Everitt was average.

Young Scott Simpson (another Dandenong Stingray) of Geelong kicked 8. He started on Mcdougall but also saw off Everitt, Scott Meyer and Skipper.

Edit: Source Brad Gotch interview.