PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 18, 2023 vs Sydney

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
13-07-2023, 09:13 AM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's game against Sydney. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

Or was it a collection of moments that you thought 'oh dear that's sure to produce a flood of WOOF melts on par with GG's post GF loss..

bulldogtragic
13-07-2023, 10:45 PM
Going early.

The Bont miss, then the Cody miss, then the Ed shit turnover in 50 which should’ve hit Poulter.

Treloar worst i50 with 90 seconds to go.

Boots
13-07-2023, 11:53 PM
In the second quarter, Hamish McLachlan made a point about this game either keeping us in touch with top four or having us risk dropping out of the eight by other teams results. I immediately had flashbacks to the last three games of 2021, and that cursed game against freo in 2016 where the result of another game that ended at half time would determine our ladder position. All I could think was, we never take our destiny in our own hands, never. We can play sodden death finals ok, but never the ladder in the home and away season. That was when I knew we were ****ed.

bornadog
13-07-2023, 11:56 PM
Going early.

The Bont miss, then the Cody miss, then the Ed shit turnover in 50 which should’ve hit Poulter.

Treloar worst i50 with 90 seconds to go.

I will go with the ED Shit Turnover. From then on we gave them momentum. I wish he would stop with the short passes.

angelopetraglia
14-07-2023, 12:12 AM
Cody miss. The game was there for the taking. We would have had all the momentum and a break. They would have had to take a lot more chances and exposed themselves the other way. It was the ball game for me.

GVGjr
14-07-2023, 12:28 AM
Cody's miss hurt big time. It was the moment when the doubts kicked in.

angelopetraglia
14-07-2023, 12:31 AM

Yes. We had all the momentum. 11 of 12 50m entries. We should have shut the gate. We didn't. We left it opened. They kicked a goal almost immediately after that. Game on.

merantau
14-07-2023, 12:36 AM
The Cody miss.

Mantis
14-07-2023, 07:46 AM

There was no way the player on his right was 10m away… he made ground quickly and it stopped Weightman getting out far enough to swing the kick correctly.

It was a big moment.. an 11pt break would’ve been huge.

SonofScray
14-07-2023, 08:43 AM
To paraphrase that germ Anthony Hudson “Mark this day down Western Bulldog fans. Thursday 13th July”

It’s a macro moment. This game franks that the current configuration isn’t good enough.

We’re a ways off another Saturday May 2nd.

azabob
14-07-2023, 09:10 AM
Both Jamara Ugle Hagan's miss in the third (I think) and Weightman's miss in the fourth.

Both players had down nights and when forwards have down nights they need to make every chance a winner.

Both failed to do that.

angelopetraglia
14-07-2023, 10:04 AM
Both Jamara Ugle Hagan's miss in the third (I think) and Weightman's miss in the fourth.

Both players had down nights and when forwards have down nights they need to make every chance a winner.

Both failed to do that.

Marra at least had a big pressure goal in the last and nailed it.

EasternWest
14-07-2023, 10:47 AM
Bont at the end of the third could've gone to Libba to work it forward carefully while still eating up the clock.

Instead he gives it to the headless chook who just blasts it forward and any advantage lost.

Scorlibo
14-07-2023, 10:50 AM
Bont at the end of the third could've gone to Libba to work it forward carefully while still eating up the clock.

Instead he gives it to the headless chook who just blasts it forward and any advantage lost.

I thought it was strange that Bont chose to slow it down in that moment. He didn't even have a look to see what was happening forward.

bulldogtragic
14-07-2023, 10:52 AM

Enjoy the next two seasons my friend.

EasternWest
14-07-2023, 10:53 AM
Enjoy the next two seasons my friend.

Stop triggering me.

The Bulldogs Bite
14-07-2023, 10:55 AM
Stop triggering me.

We're all in this together.

bulldogtragic
14-07-2023, 10:56 AM
Stop triggering me.

Blame the list management committee. With each game it gets more confusing what the **** happened.

bulldogtragic
14-07-2023, 10:56 AM

Group therapy.

EasternWest
14-07-2023, 10:58 AM

I'm in hell, but so are my friends, so it can't be too bad, right?

DOG GOD
14-07-2023, 09:37 PM
Wests poster followed by Weightman miss snap

bornadog
14-07-2023, 10:04 PM
Wests poster followed by Weightman miss snap

Those two goals would have changed the game

DOG GOD
14-07-2023, 10:10 PM
Those two goals would have changed the game

Yep. We had all the momentum at that stage.

FrediKanoute
14-07-2023, 10:24 PM
I think it was the moment someone created this thread - https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?23580-The-Run-Home-explain-how-we-miss-finals/page7

azabob
15-07-2023, 09:03 AM
I think it was the moment someone created this thread - https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?23580-The-Run-Home-explain-how-we-miss-finals/page7

Post reported. Don’t be a historical narc.

Mantis
16-07-2023, 11:04 AM
The Cody miss is still pissing me off? why the **** didn?t we have anyone guarding the Swans player who ran in from the side? Cody kicks that goal 99 times out of 100, but to help him along all we needed someone from our team to stand there and give him an extra microsecond to allow him to get the ball on the right path, but no one in our team thought it important enough to do so? and it probably cost us the match.

He kicks that we go 11 points with all the momentum, but alas another moment we fluffed.

bornadog
16-07-2023, 03:34 PM
The Cody miss is still pissing me off? why the **** didn?t we have anyone guarding the Swans player who ran in from the side? Cody kicks that goal 99 times out of 100, but to help him along all we needed someone from our team to stand there and give him an extra microsecond to allow him to get the ball on the right path, but no one in our team thought it important enough to do so? and it probably cost us the match.

He kicks that we go 11 points with all the momentum, but alas another moment we fluffed.

We are not good at the little things, the 1%s that make up the next contest, the next kick. Errors are killing us.

The bulldog tragician
16-07-2023, 07:08 PM
We are not good at the little things, the 1%s that make up the next contest, the next kick. Errors are killing us.

Add in my personal bugbear. Can Caleb Daniel please not stand the mark when the opposition shoots for goal? I’m not trying to be anti shorter individuals but let’s be realistic!

bornadog
16-07-2023, 07:08 PM
Add in my personal bugbear. Can Caleb Daniel please not stand the mark when the opposition shoots for goal? I’m not trying to be anti shorter individuals but let’s be realistic!

haha, this made me laugh :D

So True

EasternWest
16-07-2023, 08:25 PM

Well if we're making requests I'd like to request that the apparent best ruckman who ever did ruck not get outmarked on the goal line by a mid sized forward?