PDA

View Full Version : Bankers & anchors: Rnd 20, 2023 vs GWS

GVGjr
29-07-2023, 08:33 AM
This is the Round 20, 2023 edition of the weekly Bankers and Anchors thread. Once this afternoons game against GWS is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys/aspects of the game that we banked on to do the right thing during the game
The Anchors = 3 guys/aspects of the game that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each player or aspect of the game, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match - I will allow more freedom now as the thread seems to be going down more of the aspects of the game path so you can have 3 for each made up of aspects of the game and individual players.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer

bulldogtragic
29-07-2023, 05:30 PM
B

Top 10 draft pick

A

VDM
VDM
VDM

bornadog
29-07-2023, 09:16 PM
Bankers

1. Two excellent snaps on goal by Treloar
2. Tim English - really played a good game
3. JJs goal

Anchors

1. Treloar - the ball is at HB, GWS win the ball, and he just stands there and watches them take the ball all the way for a goal. At least chase Adam
2. Last quarter, trying to clear the ball out of back 50 and many players just bombing the ball - pathetic
3. Injuries - Keath 2nd concussion this year, and Bruce which could be career ending

meenies
30-07-2023, 03:42 PM
Anchors
1. The collective are not playing with the confidence that we will always win
2. Coaching decision 1 - when challenged in Q3 - play man on man
3. Coaching decision 2 - 5 mins to go and the sign goes up play 6 in the forward half - should have been called at start of Q4
4. Need one more - Naughton is in the leadership group. He should have demanded that he plays back after Bruce goes down.

Bankers
The efforts of the players. We may not have enough good players, good skills, or mental strength to play a full game, but they do give the effort for what they have.

Mantis
30-07-2023, 03:53 PM
Anchors
1. The collective are not playing with the confidence that we will always win
2. Coaching decision 1 - when challenged in Q3 - play man on man
3. Coaching decision 2 - 5 mins to go and the sign goes up play 6 in the forward half - should have been called at start of Q4
4. Need one more - Naughton is in the leadership group. He should have demanded that he plays back after Bruce goes down.

Bankers
The efforts of the players. We may not have enough good players, good skills, or mental strength to play a full game, but they do give the effort for what they have.

Why the **** didn't someone go with Haynes when he took a mark unopposed deep inside our 50 with about 1min to go? Understand we needed to firstly win the ball to get it down there, but no use doing so if it's an easy (easier) win for them.

bornadog
30-07-2023, 04:12 PM
Bankers

1. Two excellent snaps on goal by Treloar
2. Tim English - really played a good game
3. JJs goal

Anchors

1. Treloar - the ball is at HB, GWS win the ball, and he just stands there and watches them take the ball all the way for a goal. At least chase Adam
2. Last quarter, trying to clear the ball out of back 50 and many players just bombing the ball - pathetic
3. Injuries - Keath 2nd concussion this year, and Bruce which could be career ending

I forgot a big anchor

Mars Stadium scoreboard system. The screen is useless may as well not have one as trying to watch play from the screen is useless, and the scores on the screen are seemingly from AFL app, so they were way behind what was happening on field, plus I could not see a time clock anywhere.

GVGjr
30-07-2023, 04:36 PM
I forgot a big anchor

Mars Stadium scoreboard system. The screen is useless may as well not have one as trying to watch play from the screen is useless, and the scores on the screen are seemingly from AFL app, so they were way behind what was happening on field, plus I could not see a time clock anywhere.

Spot on, a lot of people were complaining about it yesterday.

The bulldog tragician
30-07-2023, 05:03 PM
I forgot a big anchor

From where I sat, you could not even see the scores (which were a minute or two delayed), they were obscured by the goalposts. Really amateur stuff

Dry Rot
31-07-2023, 12:56 AM
Bankers

Hard to pick some but..

1. I thought collectively that our makeshift defence did okay considering the loss of our two defenders. I know Williams is not popular among many, but I thought he did some good work back playing tall.

2. That I thought that Scott, West and Poulter did okay. They were certainly not the worst for us.

Anchors

1. Too many tackles easily broken.

2. Our defensive problems are actually up forward and in the midfield, more than down back.

3. Missing easy goals when you have momentum bites you really hard on the bum later. We are good at this.