PDA

View Full Version : The moment: Rnd 20, 2023 vs gws

GVGjr
29-07-2023, 08:35 AM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's game against GWS. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

Or was it a collection of moments that you thought 'oh dear that's sure to produce a flood of WOOF melts on par with GG's post GF loss..

bulldogtragic
29-07-2023, 05:29 PM
We selected VDM.

He falls over and lets Papley kick the winner and stops any chance of snatching today. Two losses in a month. Go give him another two ****ing years.

DOG GOD
29-07-2023, 05:36 PM
The 4 set shots of Vanders, west, Scott and Naughton in the 2nd quarter.

josie
29-07-2023, 05:38 PM
When Ward blanketed Bont.

lemmon
29-07-2023, 05:39 PM
Marra's miss running into an open goal or Vandermeer's high tackle. Felt like a moment Marra would eat up considering the talent he has.

Maybe less so, but Cleary's kick from the back pocket had to go boundary side where Lobb was calling for it. They turned it over through the middle and Green finished.

Also throwing Bruce's injury into the mix. Our structure went to water when we lost both key backs.

westbulldog
29-07-2023, 05:41 PM
Thus far, all of the above.

Testekill
29-07-2023, 05:42 PM
Choosing to throw Lobb into defence instead of Naughton once Bruce went down..

JanLorMill
29-07-2023, 05:56 PM
Half way through the 3rd qtr of the 2021 grand final. We have never recovered from that.

DOG GOD
29-07-2023, 05:58 PM
Choosing to throw Lobb into defence instead of Naughton once Bruce went down..
Agree. Taylor was owing Naughton.

jeemak
29-07-2023, 06:05 PM
Libba's unnecessary throw in the third that resulted in a bullshit advantage and then a goal that gave them a sniff.

It's now about one bullshit crucial goal a game Libba gives away because of ill-discipline with disposal.

D Mitchell
29-07-2023, 06:38 PM
Marra's miss running into an open goal or Vandermeer's high tackle. Felt like a moment Marra would eat up [b]considering the talent he has.

Maybe less so, but Cleary's kick from the back pocket had to go boundary side where Lobb was calling for it. They turned it over through the middle and Green finished.

Also throwing Bruce's injury into the mix. Our structure went to water when we lost both key backs.

Bolded bits. Disclaimer: I none of attended, watched nor listened to the game. Talent is mere threshold. Bruce shouldn't be playing as a deep defender, particularly when the over touted but under performed, potentially "scary" forwards amass 1 between them.

Raels_d
29-07-2023, 08:05 PM
As soon as they put Lobb into defence after Bruce went down ? which ever brainiac in the coaches box decided that should resign immediately

SonofScray
29-07-2023, 08:34 PM
Bruce gets thrown to the ground and does his knee.

Game over.

The fact no one remonstrated tells me the players have lost their belief and esprit de corps.

bornadog
29-07-2023, 08:40 PM
Bruce gets thrown to the ground and does his knee.

Our structure fell to bits along with Keath out. That was the moment.

Bullies
29-07-2023, 08:49 PM
In the 2nd quarter when Poulter went on his left to clear out of defence and instead of kicking long turned back on his right and handballed to Gardner who had his kick smothered by Greene and Riccardi kicked a goal of the groumd. That gave GWS belief against the wind.

bornadog
29-07-2023, 08:51 PM
In the 2nd quarter when Poulter went on his left to clear out of defence and instead of kicking long turned back on his right and handballed to Gardner who had his kick smothered by Greene and Riccardi kicked a goal of the groumd. That gave GWS belief against the wind.

That was bad defence

BornInDroopSt'54
29-07-2023, 09:00 PM
Libba's unnecessary throw in the third that resulted in a bullshit advantage and then a goal that gave them a sniff.

It's now about one bullshit crucial goal a game Libba gives away because of ill-discipline with disposal.

I used to hate Brad Johnson staging, no need.

The bulldog tragician
29-07-2023, 09:07 PM
The game was still winnable but somehow Vandermeer apparently about to use that much celebrated pace to sprint towards goal, props, half turns, thinks too much about it, mangles the opportunity.

Though this was to me The Moment, I?m not singling him out as an individual, it seems to typify our lack of belief in crucial close matches. It felt like some of our players were more fearful of failure and already dejected about defeat, than they are in that winning-the-match zone that Collingwood enters so famously.

bornadog
29-07-2023, 09:10 PM
The game was still winnable but somehow Vandermeer apparently about to use that much celebrated pace to sprint towards goal, props, half turns, thinks too much about it, mangles the opportunity.

Though this was to me The Moment, I?m not singling him out as an individual, it seems to typify our lack of belief in crucial close matches. It felt like some of our players were more fearful of failure and already dejected about defeat, than they are in that winning-the-match zone that Collingwood enters so famously.

Even the last kick of the day, why o why didn't Macrae just snap towards goal - he decides to try and pass it

chef
29-07-2023, 09:16 PM
When Greene said follow me with his actions, the rest was history

Boots
29-07-2023, 10:39 PM
Yeah the moment I switched off the telly was greene’s fifth goal. I knew we weren’t coming back from that.