PDA

View Full Version : Always Right Match Committee Round 24 vs Geelong

GVGjr
20-08-2023, 09:42 AM
Welcome to the Always Right Match Committee Thread. The Match Committee threads has been named after long time WOOF member Always Right who tragically passed away in March 2018.

If you were on the Western Bulldogs match committee, what changes would you make after our Round Twenty-Three match against West Coast for our Round Twenty-Four match against Geelong at Sedat Park.

For those new to these threads, please give a brief explanation for your changes ... this would add a lot of value to the discussion

bulldogtragic
20-08-2023, 04:54 PM
Don’t care. Now I’d rather lose for the draft pick avoiding a Croft bid.

Testekill
20-08-2023, 05:23 PM
The good thing is that we don't have a VFL game next week, of course we all know it's going to be shuffling deckchairs and bringing Libba back in. It's a game that we should try something new and giving the VFL standouts a go. Would Sweet do that much worse than English? Would giving McLean a likely farewell game offer less than Macrae did?

Mofra
20-08-2023, 05:28 PM
Keath out with Buss to debut and get a taste of it.

Eastdog
20-08-2023, 05:41 PM
In: Players who embody the Bulldog spirit and can play

Out: Players who do not embody the Bulldog spirit and can't play

bulldogtragic
20-08-2023, 05:46 PM
In: Raak, Gallagher, Clarke, Khamis, Arty, Bruce

Out: Bont, Jones, Adz, English, Naughton, Lobb

westbulldog
20-08-2023, 11:54 PM
Out
Keath, Duryea, Macrae (playing injured ??), Vandermeer, McNeil + Grant and the invisible President.
In
Busslinger, Sweet, McLean, Libba, JJ

today's abject and inexcusable failure requires consequences. Naughton to chb, English fwd.

G-Mo77
21-08-2023, 05:08 AM
I think Macrae was concussed. Got dropped behind play, got up after a while holding his head and subbed out straight after so I'd all but count him out.

We won't change much.

Ins: Libba, JJ
Outs: Macrae, VDM

1eyedog
21-08-2023, 08:20 AM
In: Sweet, Libba, JJ
Out: Macrae, VDM and Keath

So tempted to drop Weightman who is borderline toxic flopping around for free kicks the way he does.

Bullies
21-08-2023, 08:47 AM

So tempted to drop Weightman who is borderline toxic flopping around for free kicks the way he does. Hopefully Sweet gets a run and agree with your Weightman call. He stopped doing it when he was playing well but he has gone back to playing for frees. Needs to stop it as Umps won't pay he or Ginninvan any frees no matter if it is there or not. They reap what they sow.

azabob
21-08-2023, 08:52 AM
1) We can still make finals
2) Beveridge will select pretty much the same team as on the weekend

I don't agree with it, but that is the reality.

The Bulldogs Bite
21-08-2023, 09:25 AM

So tempted to drop Weightman who is borderline toxic flopping around for free kicks the way he does.

Great call on Weightman. Said exactly this yesterday too. His footy has gone back to what it was the last few weeks. Disappointing he seems to not get pulled up on it

Stevo
21-08-2023, 10:04 AM
Whats happened to Cody Weightman over the last month? I guess he will still be picked but if this was the middle of the season he should be back with the Footscray boys
In Libba
Out Scott
Should Williams be put in the middle to see what he can offer?

josie
21-08-2023, 11:47 AM
Whats happened to Cody Weightman over the last month? I guess he will still be picked but if this was the middle of the season he should be back with the Footscray boys
In Libba
Out Scott
Should Williams be put in the middle to see what he can offer?

A 3rd round pick - optimistically.

meenies
21-08-2023, 01:59 PM
I know it's the wrong thread but Smith will be BOG. Needs to have a good audition.
In - anyone with a ticker
Out - unfortunately Eastdog it will only be injured players

lemmon
21-08-2023, 03:32 PM

Might be overly rough, but I think there's a petulance to our forward-line and Cody is one of the prime suspects - if he's not kicking goals, he doesn't look particularly pleased with what's happening around him.

One aspect of his game that's absolutely dire is the way he sets up team-mates. He's provided a grand total of...8 goal assists for the year. That's behind:
Naughton (22)
Bont (19)
Libba (15)
Macrae (13)
Marra (13)
Daniel (11)
West (10)

And equal with Lobb and Treloar.

ReLoad
21-08-2023, 03:50 PM
Surely Tobias comes into the team, his form in the VFL has been outstanding.

Outs:
VDM, MaCrae (obviously injured), McNeil (like why sub? he offers nothing)

Ins:
McLean, JJ and Libba. Putting West into the Sub/impact Role.

Rocket Science
21-08-2023, 04:06 PM
Might be overly rough, but I think there's a petulance to our forward-line and Cody is one of the prime suspects - if he's not kicking goals, he doesn't look particularly pleased with what's happening around him.

One aspect of his game that's absolutely dire is the way he sets up team-mates. He's provided a grand total of...8 goal assists for the year. That's behind:
Naughton (22)
Bont (19)
Libba (15)
Macrae (13)
Marra (13)
Daniel (11)
West (10)

And equal with Lobb and Treloar.

He?s a pure opportunist and can actually kick straight so despite the copious flaws he?s still comfortably ensconced ahead of whatever 3rd rate mid we task with giving us something, anything, down there.

Hard to imagine where it?s all gone wrong really.

azabob
21-08-2023, 04:14 PM

Outs:

Ins:

I don't mind these changes except we need to keep playing West. I'd prefer on of our wingman be the sub, Poulter, Baker or Williams.

lemmon
21-08-2023, 04:34 PM

Outs:

Ins:

I like these changes too - but I'd keep West in the side and give Baker the sub role. I don't think they'll bring McLean in as he seems to have had his papers stamped, but we could've used him on the weekend.

It's a frustrating week for selection, if we were truly out of the running you could bring in Buss, Clarke and Gallagher for a taste, but I think we still have to roll out our 'best 22' and give it a crack.

Rocco Jones
21-08-2023, 04:38 PM
Only 6 mids have had more than 2 CBAs for the season total. Libba is coming back. No way Tobias plays, unless in a HFF/wing role that he will struggle in.

1eyedog
21-08-2023, 04:55 PM
Great call on Weightman. Said exactly this yesterday too. His footy has gone back to what it was the last few weeks. Disappointing he seems to not get pulled up on it

I don't know where his head's at atm he's actually not getting anywhere near it either and is a shadow of his former self. He's not on his Pat Malone there I know but he's pretty much had an unfettered run at senior selection since he debuted, I guess he plays because he's structurally so important. Helps when you don't have genuine pressure on your spot as well. Westy may change that next season.

azabob
21-08-2023, 07:01 PM
Chance both Hawkins and Cameron don’t play this week.

bulldogtragic
21-08-2023, 07:03 PM
Chance both Hawkins and Cameron don’t play this week.

Boo. Let them play. Need to send off Isaac Smith with a win.

josie
21-08-2023, 07:39 PM
Duryea offered 1 match suspension for rough conduct on Cripps.

Cleary for VDM
Libba for Macrae or Baz (big statement)
I love him but seriously thinking Weightman should be dropped too, perhaps Clarke replacing him
Garcia replacing McNeill as sub

angelopetraglia
21-08-2023, 08:27 PM
Sam Edmund

"There is doubt over Jeremy Cameron AND Tom Hawkins ahead of the final round, with the Cats finals hopes now dashed. A few surgeries booked in at the Cattery, too. The Bulldogs haven't won down there for 20 years, but they might be about to get one of their best chances."

“Jeremy Cameron, my understanding is he will not play the final game of the year, in fact he’s set for surgery on that shoulder injury we told you he copped way back in Round 15 when he was on the receiving end of the friendly fire from Gary Rohan."

“His partner in crime, Tom Hawkins, I believe will also miss this game having been bothered by a hamstring of late as well, bothered in that game on the weekend. I think you can put a line through him."

“I think there’s a few surgeries booked in as well. Even though they’re not playing at the moment, Gary Rohan and Mark Blicavs (both hamstring injuries) will be put under the knife as well."

angelopetraglia
21-08-2023, 08:41 PM
Ha. You can't make this up. The Dogs are shortening by the minute in the odds. We are almost favourites when before and after yesterday's results we were rank outsiders.

Who is stupid enough to back the Bulldogs after what we served up yesterday? I actually think the more players they rest, the harder for us to win. Reverse psychology. Our squad can't cope with expectations.

Danjul
21-08-2023, 09:00 PM
Sydney, GWS, Hawthorn and West Coast. 4 expected wins. A reasonable expectation of a top four finish.

But we lost all. What adjustments were done following each loss? Cannot think of any other than what was forced because of injury.

Weightman (1,1,0,1) kicked 3 goals across all 4 games. JUH 4 goals (1,0,2,1), Naughton 3,1,0,1=5

4 must win games and our star forwards manage a goal each per game (on average). What was done to add some firepower to an obviously dysfunctional forward line? Nothing. Only needed 1 more goal In 1 of them to stabilise the team enough to make finals a certainty. But I cannot remember a move.

If something is not working, look at the players, and if they happen to be the right player, drop them. This was done in the past.
Thinks - Stringer in 2016. And others. Now, along with no selection integrity, there is no discipline for team (club) benefit.

Are we going to get a win against a weakened Geelong? Will ?set and repeat? work this time? I hope so because I expect that is the sum total of the game plan.

bornadog
21-08-2023, 09:12 PM
Sydney, GWS, Hawthorn and West Coast. 4 expected wins. A reasonable expectation of a top four finish.

But we lost all. What adjustments were done following each loss? Cannot think of any other than what was forced because of injury.

Weightman (1,1,0,1) kicked 3 goals across all 4 games. JUH 4 goals (1,0,2,1), Naughton 3,1,0,1=5

4 must win games and our star forwards manage a goal each per game (on average). What was done to add some firepower to an obviously dysfunctional forward line? Nothing. Only needed 1 more goal In 1 of them to stabilise the team enough to make finals a certainty. But I cannot remember a move.

If something is not working, look at the players, and if they happen to be the right player, drop them. This was done in the past.
Thinks - Stringer in 2016. And others. Now, along with no selection integrity, there is no discipline for team (club) benefit.

Are we going to get a win against a weakened Geelong? Will ?set and repeat? work this time? I hope so because I expect that is the sum total of the game plan.

The trouble Danjul is not many replacements in the VFL to bring in.

Danjul
21-08-2023, 09:15 PM
The trouble Danjul is not many replacements in the VFL to bring in.
I am not suggesting that the cure is who you bring in, it could be who you put out for 2 weeks.

Seems to have worked with Lobb.

Grantysghost
21-08-2023, 10:31 PM
Ha. You can't make this up. The Dogs are shortening by the minute in the odds. We are almost favourites when before and after yesterday's results we were rank outsiders.

Who is stupid enough to back the Bulldogs after what we served up yesterday? I actually think the more players they rest, the harder for us to win. Reverse psychology. Our squad can't cope with expectations.

Finals here we come guys!

It's always darkest before the dawn.

Rocco Jones
21-08-2023, 11:02 PM

It's also darkest before it turns pitch black.

Grantysghost
21-08-2023, 11:11 PM

Now I'm depressed Rocco.

angelopetraglia
21-08-2023, 11:16 PM
“You're never as good as you think you are when you win; and you're never as bad as you feel when you lose.”
― Joe Paterno

bulldogtragic
21-08-2023, 11:18 PM
“You're never as good as you think you are when you win; and you're never as bad as you feel when you lose. Unless it’s the worst team in 30 years coming off another 100 thumping when your season is one line. Then you are ****ed”
― Joe Paterno

Full quote.

EasternWest
21-08-2023, 11:26 PM

Wait, wouldn't it be darkest when it's pitch black?

How could the moment before pitch black be darker?

Grantysghost
21-08-2023, 11:28 PM
Wait, wouldn't it be darkest when it's pitch black?

How could the moment before pitch black be darker?

Hey yeah... Take that borat I mean Rocco.

angelopetraglia
21-08-2023, 11:37 PM
Full quote.

Ha .........

SonofScray
22-08-2023, 12:35 AM
Tell you what, I am so angry that if we lose against Geelong I will not be going to the footy the following the week.

EasternWest
22-08-2023, 11:35 AM
Tell you what, I am so angry that if we lose against Geelong I will not be going to the footy the following the week.

Yeah! I'm with you.

Mantis
22-08-2023, 11:55 AM

I'm go to one up you and refuse to go for 6 months!

Boots
22-08-2023, 12:09 PM

Given how well they did when we moved the ball quickly in Q1 of the Richmond game, I suspect the problem lies with lethargic movement out of the middle. Not much we can do about that with the post-Dunkley lack of depth and patchy form of Smith and Treloar.

Critter
22-08-2023, 12:18 PM

Ah, there is the small issue of Carlton defeating GWS. Tad premature.

angelopetraglia
22-08-2023, 12:26 PM
Dogs have shortened even further and we are now almost favourites. Paying $1.96. (Not that odds mean anything when we started $1.02 against the Eagles).

The Blues are currently $1.47, so firm favourties and have confirmed that they will play a full strength team including Cripps and the return of Cerra, Walsh and McGovern.

bornadog
22-08-2023, 12:27 PM
Given how well they did when we moved the ball quickly in Q1 of the Richmond game, I suspect the problem lies with lethargic movement out of the middle. Not much we can do about that with the post-Dunkley lack of depth and patchy form of Smith and Treloar.

The key there was Keath didn't play - I would be happy with that

Grantysghost
22-08-2023, 12:29 PM
Ah, there is the small issue of Carlton defeating GWS. Tad premature.

I'm already lining up at my local BASS outlet C to the ritter.

angelopetraglia
22-08-2023, 12:33 PM
I'm already lining up at my local BASS outlet C to the ritter.

Ha. I'm laughing along ....

azabob
22-08-2023, 01:04 PM

Screw that, even if we win I'm not going the next week, but I will go the following week.

bornadog
22-08-2023, 01:17 PM
Screw that, even if we win I'm not going the next week, but I will go the following week.

You will deserve a week off

Axe Man
22-08-2023, 02:51 PM
It's crazy that since the 2016 grand final we have played 7 finals, none of which have been in Victoria. Hoping I get to attend my first final in 7 years but I'm not holding my breath.

angelopetraglia
22-08-2023, 03:02 PM
It's crazy that since the 2016 grand final we have played 7 finals, none of which have been in Victoria. Hoping I get to attend my first final in 7 years but I'm not holding my breath.

Yes. 100%. That is the part I was looking forward. The build up and journey of going to the MCG for a big final. We missed out on that because of COVID primarily.

According to the bookies we are about a 3 to 1 chance of being there. But in reality, I think it is a long shot.

bornadog
22-08-2023, 03:18 PM

The only final I have seen since 2016 was the GWS disaster.

westbulldog
22-08-2023, 03:21 PM
[QUOTE=josie;860464]Duryea offered 1 match suspension for rough conduct on Cripps.

Before or after Cripps kicked 5 on him ? :)

angelopetraglia
22-08-2023, 03:26 PM
The only final I have seen since 2016 was the GWS disaster.

Ditto. Flew up for that one. Very different feeling to the 2016 game :)

bornadog
22-08-2023, 03:31 PM
Geelong will be without Cameron, Hawkins, Blicaks, Rohan and maybe Stanley.

BUT, at Sedat park, always hard.

The Bulldogs Bite
22-08-2023, 03:40 PM
You just know we'll win this game.

I'd rather lose and accelerate the rebuild than fall in and be pumped by Carlton in an EF.

Nuggety Back Pocket
22-08-2023, 04:01 PM

Duncan will also miss, who is a very good player

bornadog
22-08-2023, 04:16 PM
Duncan will also miss, who is a very good player

Great

bornadog
22-08-2023, 04:17 PM

I'd rather lose and accelerate the rebuild than fall in and be pumped by Carlton in an EF.

Maybe you do, but the players train all year to make finals.

Personally, I am not confident we win.

Sedat
22-08-2023, 04:30 PM

Fear not TBB, Mitch Knevitt will channel his inner Marty McGrath/Luke Vogels/Eddie Sainsbury/Nigel Fiegert and announce himself on the AFL stage against the hapless Dogs (and disappear just as quickly)

azabob
22-08-2023, 04:50 PM
Jack Macrae has been ruled out due to concussion protocols.

Danjul
22-08-2023, 04:52 PM
This game is certainly winnable. All we need is the coaching staff coming up with a sensible way to improve the team by 2 goals.

The last time we played we had the same number of scoring shots and only lost because Cameron and Hawkins kicked straight.

Now they are out (with a few others) we should win by 4 goals.

And I expect McLean to get 2 of them.

bornadog
22-08-2023, 04:59 PM
JJ out for another 1-2 weeks, so does this mean no change this week other than in Libba and Out Macrae?

Perhaps McLean should come in as sub

azabob
22-08-2023, 05:00 PM
JJ out for another 1-2 weeks, so does this mean no change this week other than in Libba and Out Macrae?

Seems the likely change.

I'd be ok with McLean for McNeil.

Rocco Jones
22-08-2023, 05:03 PM

No way Bevo gives him CBAs, so I'd rather he not play at all. Only 6 mids have got more than 2 CBAs all year. I think next lowest in the league is 9.

Macrae for Libba.

DOG GOD
22-08-2023, 05:12 PM

They don?t need Hawkins, Cameron or Rohan.
They?ll have Henry (5 goals) , Stengle (4 goals) and Myers (3 goals) to get them over the line lol

They’ll only need 10 goals to win haha.

EasternWest
22-08-2023, 05:13 PM

I have this bizarre feeling that if we beat Geelong, we'll do Carlton.

Mantis
22-08-2023, 05:14 PM

You should see a physician about that.

The bulldog tragician
22-08-2023, 05:14 PM
i have this bizarre feeling that if we beat geelong, we'll do carlton.
r u ok?

EasternWest
22-08-2023, 05:15 PM
You should see a physician about that.

Don't tax my gig so hardcore cruster.

r u ok?

It's just a vibe man. We'll do them slowly, Keating/Hewson style.

josie
22-08-2023, 05:22 PM
Channelling my inner Danny from Droop Street ….It would be so Dogs to beat the Cats and then for GWS to beat Blues.

1eyedog
22-08-2023, 05:25 PM
Don't tax my gig so hardcore cruster.

It's just a vibe man. We'll do them slowly, Keating/Hewson style.

Stop wheezing all my grindage

Axe Man
22-08-2023, 05:40 PM
I never thought I would find Encino Man quotes in the match committee thread but then I never thought we could lose to West Coast either so what would I know?

Danjul
22-08-2023, 05:54 PM

McLean has played consistently very well for months in the vfl. Hit the score board every week. Strong in the packs, Something the AFL side has lacked. Can offer more than sub.

Rocco Jones
22-08-2023, 06:02 PM
McLean has played consistently very well for months in the vfl. Hit the score board every week. Strong in the packs, Something the AFL side has lacked. Can offer more than sub.

Thing is, from the VFL games I have seen, he is play mostly as an inside mid. He gets his goals as a goal kicking mid rather than a forward. I hear you and would have liked to see him get CBAs earlier but as I mentioned earlier, Bevo has only gone with 6 mids in CBAs this year. Crazy stat but yeah, if he is going to play him out of position, I think he will struggle.

Grantysghost
22-08-2023, 06:09 PM
Thing is, from the VFL games I have seen, he is play mostly as an inside mid. He gets his goals as a goal kicking mid rather than a forward. I hear you and would have liked to see him get CBAs earlier but as I mentioned earlier, Bevo has only gone with 6 mids in CBAs this year. Crazy stat but yeah, if he is going to play him out of position, I think he will struggle.

How did he get his papers stamped so quickly after what was an exceptional performance in a final for us?

I think we recognised our speed issues and he probably wasn't the one to help with that.

azabob
22-08-2023, 06:21 PM
How did he get his papers stamped so quickly after what was an exceptional performance in a final for us?

I think we recognised our speed issues and he probably wasn't the one to help with that.

Yep, need for speed. Liberatore and Macrae are not exactly speed demons and that step above McLean in ball winning abilities.

Danjul
22-08-2023, 06:31 PM
Does McLean coordinate well with Sweet? If so bring both in and give West some time with them. Run two midfield groups. Have to try something new, repeating the thinking that got us in this mess is the worst of all possible options.

bornadog
22-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Does McLean coordinate well with Sweet? If so bring both in and give West some time with them. Run two midfield groups. Have to try something new, repeating the thinking that got us in this mess is the worst of all possible options.

No time for experimenting

Danjul
22-08-2023, 06:46 PM
No time for experimenting
We have been experimenting all year.

4 talls, inexperienced players from nowhere, out of form players getting 0 possessions, erratic forwards who treat every second game as a long weekend, etc etc.

Why do you expect a different result with a repeat of the teams who generated this mess?

The Geelong brains trusts already have already figured out how to beat that plan.

meenies
22-08-2023, 07:42 PM
Run two midfield groups. Have to try something new, repeating the thinking that got us in this mess is the worst of all possible options.

I said this in the pre-season training thread. We seemed to train that way but never implemented it.

Danjul
22-08-2023, 08:38 PM
Yep, need for speed. Liberatore and Macrae are not exactly speed demons and that step above McLean in ball winning abilities.
My recollection of last year?s final was:-

First half , McLean defeating Freo, tires, Freo defeats Bulldogs.

The speed demons like VDM couldn?t get their hands on the ball.

Dunkley and McLean had 44 possessions between them, 26 contested. They also had 23 tackles, no others came close. Something we seem to be missing now. Not a bad substitute for speed.

bornadog
22-08-2023, 09:00 PM
Well looks like Duryea out

angelopetraglia
22-08-2023, 09:11 PM
My recollection of last year?s final was:-

First half , McLean defeating Freo, tires, Freo defeats Bulldogs.

The speed demons like VDM couldn?t get their hands on the ball.

Dunkley and McLean had 44 possessions between them, 26 contested. They also had 23 tackles, no others came close. Something we seem to be missing now. Not a bad substitute for speed.

Agree. McLean’s non selection last week with Libba out was puzzling. Our game is built on clearances, Libba obviously plays a large role in that, yet we don’t look to cover him.

Grantysghost
22-08-2023, 09:32 PM
Agree. McLean’s non selection last week with Libba out was puzzling. Our game is built on clearances, Libba obviously plays a large role in that, yet we don’t look to cover him.

Guess they figured Macrae was a better option. Which I tend to agree with. He's just horribly out of form as he's playing a new role which isn't really suiting his skill set.

If Libba doesn't get up this week, and I don't think he's a certainty, McLean will come in I expect.

Mantis
22-08-2023, 09:49 PM
Guess they figured Macrae was a better option. Which I tend to agree with. He's just horribly out of form as he's playing a new role which isn't really suiting his skill set.

If Libba doesn't get up this week, and I don't think he's a certainty, McLean will come in I expect.

He's playing a new role because he was unable to play his old role within our current line-up and with his drop off in defensive accountability, they move him back to his old role and he struggles... go figure!

DOG GOD
22-08-2023, 09:55 PM
Macrae is done. He’s slow from the first bounce and has zero defensive pressure.

josie
22-08-2023, 10:58 PM
Macrae is done. He’s slow from the first bounce and has zero defensive pressure.

Sadly I agree. Been a club stalwart and loved his courage, durability and quiet demeanour/no fuss approach.

Setting aside the emotional side of it, to think the club signed until (end of?) 2025, just wow.

Prince Imperial
22-08-2023, 11:35 PM
Sadly I agree. Been a club stalwart and loved his courage, durability and quiet demeanour/no fuss approach.

Setting aside the emotional side of it, to think the club signed until (end of?) 2025, just wow.

2027!

bulldogtragic
22-08-2023, 11:46 PM
2027!

At his rate of decline, best hope is he does an Easton Wood and retire despite his contact some period early. But why should he?

DOG GOD
22-08-2023, 11:49 PM
At his rate of decline, best hope is he does an Easton Wood and retire despite his contact some period early. But why should he?

Maybe if he is judged the same way as a rhylee West, and relegated back to the VFL for poor performances, he might think twice. He and smith should’ve been dropped weeks ago. The problem is, the MC has no integrity.

Prince Imperial
23-08-2023, 12:33 AM

We have to hope that he has a renaissance like Coniglio has had

Bullies
23-08-2023, 08:32 AM
McLean has played consistently very well for months in the vfl. Hit the score board every week. Strong in the packs, Something the AFL side has lacked. Can offer more than sub. He should have been used as a tagger this year.

Bumper Bulldogs
23-08-2023, 08:54 AM
He should have been used as a tagger this year.

Why would Bevo finally think Tagging is a good option. He sees it every week from the opponents we play and Bevo must think is not working for them as we are killing it.

By his last press conference he admitted we have a great handful of players but after that it drops away. No wonder we get tags take out 1 of our best 4 stars and we can’t cope

macca
23-08-2023, 10:02 AM
I can see Mclean going to another club and becoming a tagger , that would be ironic

1eyedog
23-08-2023, 10:07 AM
Hawkins and Cameron out but we still lose.

Rocco Jones
23-08-2023, 10:23 AM
Why would Bevo finally think Tagging is a good option. He sees it every week from the opponents we play and Bevo must think is not working for them as we are killing it.

By his last press conference he admitted we have a great handful of players but after that it drops away. No wonder we get tags take out 1 of our best 4 stars and we can’t cope

Yep. Bevo going a tag last round would be the equivalent of Alan Jones becoming a leftist at this stage of his life.

Axe Man
23-08-2023, 11:40 AM
Jeremy Cameron, Tom Hawkins, Brad Close, Esava Ratugolea, Mitch Duncan, Mark Blicavs and Gary Rohan are all out.

Libba to replace Macrae. Cleary or Crozier for Duryea? How did Gardner go in the VFL, is he a chance to return for Keath?

Mantis
23-08-2023, 11:56 AM
Jeremy Cameron, Tom Hawkins, Brad Close, Esava Ratugolea, Mitch Duncan, Mark Blicavs and Gary Rohan are all out.

Libba to replace Macrae. Cleary or Crozier for Duryea? How did Gardner go in the VFL, is he a chance to return for Keath?

Is another tall defender needed? With no Cameron or Hawkins can we just go with Jones & JOD?

DOG GOD
23-08-2023, 12:00 PM

None of those won’t make much difference. They’ll probably play Dangerfield fwd. we won’t have a match up for Stengle. They still have Stewart down back who will keep us under 10 goals for the game. Even with all those out, it’s the mental side our team can’t handle and playing at Geelong is one of them.

Axe Man
23-08-2023, 12:23 PM
Is another tall defender needed? With no Cameron or Hawkins can we just go with Jones & JOD?

Depends how they line up. AFL website mentions Stanley and Conway are chances to come in so they could have a couple of ruckmen masquerading as forwards. Jones and JOD are also fine to play on medium forwards like Henry if he plays.

Mofra
23-08-2023, 12:29 PM

The weird bit is, for all the 'he doesn't tag' talk Bevo has played run-with players as much as he hasn't.
Libba done some massive jobs - his work on JPK in the second half of the 016 GF won us the flag. He stopped Dangerfield dead down at the cattery a couple of years ago until injuries killed us.

Zaine played 4 finals as a 'defensive forward' whose primary role was more to stop opposition intercept marking than it was to be a target himself.

Rhylee West went straight to Sicily two weeks ago.

Baz's stints in the centre this year have largely been run-with roles.

Wally was a full time run with mid for months until he did his ankle against Essendon.

Wood went to Buddy and we sacrifice zone position to play Wood one on one with Buddy. It worked for a large part of that match.

Mofra
23-08-2023, 12:30 PM
The alternative is playing another smaller player who can kick... we're 16th for defensive transition so even if one of Cameron or Hawkins was playing we'd have to be tempted to go small regardless.

azabob
23-08-2023, 02:27 PM
None of those won?t make much difference. They?ll probably play Dangerfield fwd. we won?t have a match up for Stengle. They still have Stewart down back who will keep us under 10 goals for the game. Even with all those out, it?s the mental side our team can?t handle and playing at Geelong is one of them.

I vote for 2024 that Dog God and Happy Days do an alternating weekly opposition thread.

It will literally pan out this way.

Axe Man
23-08-2023, 02:38 PM
I vote for 2024 that Dog God and Happy Days do an alternating weekly opposition thread.

It will literally pan out this way.

You mean figuratively, right? Unless we are heading to Sovereign Hill.

azabob
23-08-2023, 03:45 PM
You mean figuratively, right? Unless we are heading to Sovereign Hill.

Honestly Axe Man, I have no idea what I mean.

bornadog
23-08-2023, 03:49 PM
Honestly Axe Man, I have no idea what I mean.

Been saying that for years :D:D:D

Bumper Bulldogs
23-08-2023, 07:18 PM

No way we lose this one. We will run over Geelong and we have never had a better chance of not only beating them but giving them a spanking

Bumper Bulldogs
23-08-2023, 07:22 PM
The weird bit is, for all the 'he doesn't tag' talk Bevo has played run-with players as much as he hasn't.
Libba done some massive jobs - his work on JPK in the second half of the 016 GF won us the flag. He stopped Dangerfield dead down at the cattery a couple of years ago until injuries killed us.

Zaine played 4 finals as a 'defensive forward' whose primary role was more to stop opposition intercept marking than it was to be a target himself.

Wally was a full time run with mid for months until he did his ankle against Essendon.

Wood went to Buddy and we sacrifice zone position to play Wood one on one with Buddy. It worked for a large part of that match.agree so why do we not tag Kelly when he has 100 touches in the first quarter. This is lack of vision and a plan B when thing don?t go our way.

Scorlibo
23-08-2023, 07:54 PM

Thought West did really well opposed to Sicily, nailed him more than a few times.

Wouldn't mind having a look at him as a tagger through the middle.

bornadog
23-08-2023, 09:07 PM
agree so why do we not tag Kelly when he has 100 touches in the first quarter. This is lack of vision and a plan B when thing don?t go our way.

Pretty sure I saw Smith on him in the second half.

Rocco Jones
23-08-2023, 09:13 PM
Pretty sure I saw Smith on him in the second half.

The biggest concern I have with Bevo and 'tagging' isn't that he totally rejects it, it's what he considers close checking/doing something about a mid who is killing us.

EasternWest
23-08-2023, 09:17 PM
The biggest concern I have with Bevo and 'tagging' isn't that he totally rejects it, it's what he considers close checking/doing something about a mid who is killing us.

That's nothing. You mean nothing, right?

1eyedog
23-08-2023, 11:00 PM
Thought West did really well opposed to Sicily, nailed him more than a few times.

Wouldn't mind having a look at him as a tagger through the middle.

Legit Sicily destroyed him.

jeemak
23-08-2023, 11:06 PM

Wood went to Buddy and we sacrifice zone position to play Wood one on one with Buddy. It worked for a large part of that match.

It's almost as if spectators don't know what's going on most of the time and make assumptions to suit how they're feeling.

Rocco Jones
23-08-2023, 11:07 PM
That's nothing. You mean nothing, right?

Being serious, I would say being asked to be aware of where the opponent is a bit more. Our mid team is so see ball, get ball orientated. What Bevo would see as someone doing a job, most others would see as just basic defensive awareness they'd expect from most of the mid team.

jeemak
23-08-2023, 11:09 PM
I think we're stamping Jacko's papers a bit early in this thread. It was only two weeks ago that he broke the record for most consecutive games of 20+ and while he's had some defensive lapses it's not as if he can't turn things around in that area.

He's playing a position Dunkley sooked and left the club due to having been asked to play it, let's see if Jacko does the same. In the interim the club needs to have a think about the consequences of being so narrow in its CB structures and its impact on the dynamism of our midfield brigade. A bit of a change in this area might put a spring back into his step.

Rocco Jones
23-08-2023, 11:15 PM
Great post by Mofra. I'll add my replies, IDK how it fits into quoting!!

Libba done some massive jobs - his work on JPK in the second half of the 016 GF won us the flag. He stopped Dangerfield dead down at the cattery a couple of years ago until injuries killed us. - 2016 and a couple of years ago

Zaine played 4 finals as a 'defensive forward' whose primary role was more to stop opposition intercept marking than it was to be a target himself.- 2016

Rhylee West went straight to Sicily two weeks ago. - yep I actually didn't mind this one. He did mention in the presser we'd be doing something. My thing with Bevo and tagging is based on the mids though (not that you're replying to me.

Baz's stints in the centre this year have largely been run-with roles- yep I liked that. Did jobs on Cripps and Dawson. But once Adz was back, Baz was moved away from the role and we went back to shaking hands after the game being the most contact our mids had with their opponents.

Wally was a full time run with mid for months until he did his ankle against Essendon.- ages ago

Wood went to Buddy and we sacrifice zone position to play Wood one on one with Buddy. It worked for a large part of that match.- ages ago

These are relevant examples but over 9 years, even the most anti tagging coach (well Bevo might literally be it) assigns some role
The biggest thing for mine is the predictability and the positivity it must give damaging mids playing against us. No one would look forward to being tagged. When you have the Dogs coming up, as a damaging mid, you must look forward to the game knowing you are safe from a tag.

Funny these clever/defensive jobs are from 2016. Almost like there's a link there.

Grantysghost
23-08-2023, 11:17 PM
I think we're stamping Jacko's papers a bit early in this thread. It was only two weeks ago that he broke the record for most consecutive games of 20+ and while he's had some defencive lapses it's not as if he can't turn things around in that area.

He's playing a position Dunkley sooked and left the club due to having been asked to play it, let's see if Jacko does the same. In the interim the club needs to have a think about the consequences of being so narrow in its CB structures and its impact on the dynamism of our midfield brigade. A bit of a change in this area might put a spring back into his step.

Thank you. Why does he cop so much negativity. He's taken one for the team... It hasn't worked out but man he's tried.

I feel like since that day he was dropped by Rocket and he came back with 40 he's never put a foot wrong.
Deserves a lot of love. I mean that prelim goal still gives me chulls.

Grantysghost
23-08-2023, 11:19 PM
It's almost as if spectators don't know what's going on most of the time and make assumptions to suit how they're feeling.

Insert mild shock gif.

jeemak
23-08-2023, 11:22 PM
Thank you. Why does he cop so much negativity. He's taken one for the team... It hasn't worked out but man he's tried.

I feel like since that day he was dropped by Rocket and he came back with 40 he's never put a foot wrong.

I think you mean dropped by BMac.

Grantysghost
23-08-2023, 11:29 PM
I think you mean dropped by BMac.

Oh you're right he was post rocket.

Grantysghost
23-08-2023, 11:34 PM
I don't know where to put this...

But Karma's a bitch.

https://i.postimg.cc/1zXMk40x/IMG-20230823-220414-384.png (https://postimg.cc/mcxQML6V)

https://i.postimg.cc/HxJZyjj0/IMG-20230823-223332-544.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

jeemak
23-08-2023, 11:34 PM
Oh you're right he was post rocket.

I don't know how you could forget such gay times.

Grantysghost
23-08-2023, 11:35 PM
I don't know how you could forget such gay times.

Heady times Jee.....

Was there anything of note during his tenure?

Griffen became a better player I remember that.

jeemak
23-08-2023, 11:38 PM
Heady times Jee.....

Was there anything of note during his tenure?

Griffen became a better player I remember that.

Maniacal thirst for the contest and the football originated with him. It didn't make for pretty games but it was in the DNA of the players who were coached by him.

Grantysghost
23-08-2023, 11:38 PM
Maniacal thirst for the contest and football originated with him.

Cracking in?

jeemak
23-08-2023, 11:39 PM
Cracking in?

People still use the term today.

Hotdog60
24-08-2023, 06:50 AM
It's a pity we've forgotten how to crack in. :)

1eyedog
24-08-2023, 07:24 AM
#bringbackbmac

Mantis
24-08-2023, 07:54 AM

He’s taken one to prolong his career and retain a spot in the team?? His centre square work this year has been ****ing horrible. He is second to the ball, fumbly and hasn’t defended…. and he’s competing with Treloar for a spot in there who has more leg speed. He isn’t in front of Libba who is the best clearance player in the comp and Bont who is the best player in the comp.

He was moved to HF too ‘find a spot’ for him, but as with Bevo’s want to play mids in the role up spot it hasn’t really benefited the team in terms of scoreboard performance or the ability to assist on defensive transition.

Macrae has been an incredibly consistent performer over the past 8-9 years, but he is going to have re-define himself if he’s going to have a positive impact in 2024 and beyond and where it sits right now it’s looking like a bust in terms of list mgt to have have re-signed for another 4!!! seasons.

Sedat
24-08-2023, 10:05 AM
#bringbackbmac
Our Taskmaster

EasternWest
24-08-2023, 10:23 AM
Our Taskmaster

Maybe we should get a double team going with our mastermind?

SonofScray
24-08-2023, 01:35 PM
Going to catch the train down early and have a Parma at the pub before going to the game. Train ride and dinner plenty of opportunity to talk a season’s load of mullarkey and then hopefully just go to the game and enjoy it for what it is.

Been another boring, frustrating, joyless season so far.

bornadog
24-08-2023, 01:40 PM
Going to catch the train down early and have a Parma at the pub before going to the game. Train ride and dinner plenty of opportunity to talk a season’s load of mullarkey and then hopefully just go to the game and enjoy it for what it is.

I haven't been to Geelong since we won way back when Chris Grant starred there - what 2003 or something from memory.

SonofScray
24-08-2023, 01:52 PM
I haven't been to Geelong since we won way back when Chris Grant starred there - what 2003 or something from memory.

I really hate it down there. There’s a novelty element I enjoy, especially back when you could stand on the terrace still. Now you just get fleeced to sit on a crap seat with crap views, in a weird stadium full of weird people.

bornadog
24-08-2023, 02:20 PM
I really hate it down there. There’s a novelty element I enjoy, especially back when you could stand on the terrace still. Now you just get fleeced to sit on a crap seat with crap views, in a weird stadium full of weird people.

We use to stand behind the goals, but now that is all seating, and the vey little allocation to away teams, I won't go down there.

GVGjr
24-08-2023, 02:29 PM
Going to catch the train down early and have a Parma at the pub before going to the game. Train ride and dinner plenty of opportunity to talk a season?s load of mullarkey and then hopefully just go to the game and enjoy it for what it is.

I think you'll find they call it a parmi down there

Bulldog4life
24-08-2023, 02:34 PM

Ditto EW.

bornadog
24-08-2023, 02:35 PM

That confirms it, they are weirdos :D

Mofra
24-08-2023, 02:46 PM
agree so why do we not tag Kelly when he has 100 touches in the first quarter. This is lack of vision and a plan B when thing don?t go our way.
Newcombe was the more obvious one for mine - we sent Treloar to him who would be my last choice. Baz is my choice. Get him involved in the game and he's done it before.

Scraggers
24-08-2023, 02:48 PM

That confirms it, they are weirdos :D

It's a Parmi in WA as well ... but the weirdo tag still holds true

SonofScray
24-08-2023, 03:24 PM
Things are even more grim than I've been making out.

Bullies
24-08-2023, 03:52 PM
We use to stand behind the goals, but now that is all seating, and the vey little allocation to away teams, I won't go down there.
Used to enjoy standing behind the goals down there. Excellent viewing. A shame it is all seating now.

bornadog
24-08-2023, 03:59 PM
Used to enjoy standing behind the goals down there. Excellent viewing. A shame it is all seating now.

One of my favourite games down there was 1985. We kicked 23.8 to 17.22 Beasley kicked 7 and Bamblett 5 with Ablett kicking 5.8 for them.

Great game great win, the first win for ten years down there and the next win was not for another 10.

GVGjr
24-08-2023, 04:28 PM
Things are even more grim than I've been making out.

Order a Schnitzel, don't allow those bastards to butcher the name.

SonofScray
24-08-2023, 05:00 PM

Footy would be a lot better if all stadiums had standing areas still.

Unpopular opinion, but one my mates and I feel strongly about too, is that the stands should have the fans segregated, or at least a more strict option for that to occur.

Bulldog Joe
24-08-2023, 05:22 PM

Jacko never played under Rocket
It was the interim coach for 3 years before Bevo

Apologies to all those who had already made this point.

Jeanette54
24-08-2023, 06:45 PM
Haven't been to Cardinia Park for ages (who cares what it's called these days). On that day, it poured all day, which forced us to sit under an old shower curtain. Wayne Closter got reported for performing the old Lou Richards ankle tap on EJ, Doug Wade kicked his hundredth goal for the season, they won by heaps and the Geelong supporters were, as usual pretentious bores. An eminently forgettable day in the early sixties.

Nothing much has changed in sleepy hollow, I've heard.

azabob
24-08-2023, 07:21 PM
IN: Tom Liberatore, Hayden Crozier, Toby McLean
OUT: Bailey Smith (illness), Taylor Duryea (suspension), Jack Macrae (concussion)

azabob
24-08-2023, 07:21 PM
Geelong v Western Bulldogs
Saturday 26 August, 7.25pm AEST
GMHBA Stadium, Geelong • Wadawurrung

B: Alex Keath, Liam Jones, Hayden Crozier
HB: Bailey Dale, James O’Donnell, Ed Richards
C: Caleb Poulter, Marcus Bontempelli, Bailey Williams
HF: Cody Weightman, Aaron Naughton, Caleb Daniel
F: Rory Lobb, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Rhylee West
R: Tim English, Adam Treloar, Tom Liberatore

Int: Toby McLean, Laitham Vandermeer, Anthony Scott, Oskar Baker

Emer: Lachlan McNeil, Riley Garcia, Luke Cleary, Jordon Sweet

The Bulldogs Bite
24-08-2023, 07:28 PM
OUT: Bailey Smith (illness), Taylor Duryea (suspension), Jack Macrae (concussion)

Why play Crozier? He was finished years ago.

Dumb.

Just play Cleary FFS.

angelopetraglia
24-08-2023, 07:28 PM
Geelong. Out.

Close
Raugolea
Cameron
Duncan
Bruhn
Hawkins
Tuohy

The Bulldogs Bite
24-08-2023, 07:33 PM
Geelong. Out.

Close
Raugolea
Cameron
Duncan
Bruhn
Hawkins
Tuohy

Given their outs, losing this game would be on par with the loss to West Coast.

I really don't want to win this game.

Prince Imperial
24-08-2023, 07:35 PM
Geelong. Out.

Close
Raugolea
Cameron
Duncan
Bruhn
Hawkins
Tuohy

Tuohy is named as an emergency so he could still be the sub. Thought he might have announced his retirement this week.

azabob
24-08-2023, 07:38 PM

Dumb.

Just play Cleary FFS.

Hard to disagree with this. Cleary isn’t the finished product but we should be playing him when the opportunity presents.

lemmon
24-08-2023, 07:44 PM

So with Crozier and McLean unlikely to be on the list next year, is this a send-off game or an acknowledgment that they're still the next in line?

azabob
24-08-2023, 07:55 PM
So with Crozier and McLean unlikely to be on the list next year, is this a send-off game or an acknowledgment that they're still the next in line?

I think it’s the latter and the team selected is playing to win and potentially play in the first final.

bulldogtragic
24-08-2023, 08:11 PM
I’ve never wanted to win less. Can’t really believe that’s how I feel…

chef
24-08-2023, 08:13 PM
I really don't want to win this game.

Nah **** Geelong, hope we flog them and make finals

bornadog
24-08-2023, 08:22 PM
Nah **** Geelong, hope we flog them and make finals

Exactly Chef, that it what the players train for.

josie
24-08-2023, 08:24 PM
Please play Toby in the guts. At least give him a chance to succeed/shine. I thought MC would choose Garcia so a bit surprised seeing as Toby?s been playing well in vfl for weeks on end.

Don?t mind giving Croz another go in backline. He?ll be desperate and hopefully support backline well and not injure someone with his habit of leaping and punching a lot. Probably prefer him to Gardner (a little more mobile/more of an ability to play on smaller forwards) but I do wonder if there is an element of a farewell game for both him and Toby.

I?d have swapped VDM for Cleary but I think MC loves VDM and I think he was one of the few that tackled kinda ok in last weeks debacle.

DOG GOD
24-08-2023, 08:30 PM
I’ve never wanted to win less. Can’t really believe that’s how I feel…

Geel will probably still win this by under a goal and the mental disintegration of kardinia park will continue. DeKoning and Stewart can still keep us under 10 goals.

bulldogsthru&thru
24-08-2023, 08:42 PM
Am I missing something or is Smith out with illness again a bit fishy?

Eastdog
24-08-2023, 08:43 PM

Dumb.

Just play Cleary FFS.

Yeah would prefer to give the youngsters a go. The only way they?ll develop is playing them. JOD has been really good for us down back. We certainly need to develop some young blood there with Keath, Duryea, Jones etc north of 30.

bulldogtragic
24-08-2023, 08:44 PM

Curious.

bornadog
24-08-2023, 08:52 PM

Why do you think it is fishy

Testekill
24-08-2023, 09:10 PM
Let's face it, probably farewell games for Crozier and McLean.

Mantis
24-08-2023, 09:16 PM

Can only assume it's due to his previously had (and probably current) mental health issues.

Otherwise, there would be little to no chance you would rule out a key player 2 days before a crucial game if he had a medical illness.

angelopetraglia
24-08-2023, 09:33 PM
Let's face it, probably farewell games for Crozier and McLean.

Could be there last games in our colours, but both have been in good form in the VFL and deserve the recall. Sounds like we are selecting a team to win rather than giving people farewell games.

Bumper Bulldogs
24-08-2023, 09:57 PM

I?m in agreement but also curious as to MaCrae out a sell

lemmon
24-08-2023, 10:03 PM
Could be there last games in our colours, but both have been in good form in the VFL and deserve the recall. Sounds like we are selecting a team to win rather than giving people farewell games.

I'm a Crozier fan and think he's been treated a bit harshly at selection this year - started the season well in the ones, put some decent footy together at the level below, unlucky to not get another opportunity, injured but now he's back without much chance of another contract. Have to wonder what he and McLean must be thinking knowing this may very well be the last time they play at AFL level.

Life of a pro athlete.

1eyedog
24-08-2023, 10:04 PM
Can only assume it's due to his previously had (and probably current) mental health issues.

Otherwise, there would be little to no chance you would rule out a key player 2 days before a crucial game if he had a medical illness.

If Baz goes down to the Cattery there is a very real chance that we will lose him this trade period due to a lifestyle choice.

Best to keep Baz away from Danger and Moggs Creek for as long as possible.

1eyedog
24-08-2023, 10:05 PM
I'm a Crozier fan and think he's been treated a bit harshly at selection this year - started the season well in the ones, put some decent footy together at the level below, unlucky to not get another opportunity, injured but now he's back without much chance of another contract. Have to wonder what he and McLean must be thinking knowing this may very well be the last time they play at AFL level.

Life of a pro athlete.

They get to play AFL one last time on their terms. That's a hell of a lot more than many players get.

DOG GOD
24-08-2023, 10:06 PM
Not giving smith a chance to audition in front of the Geelong faithful ;)

jeemak
24-08-2023, 10:23 PM

There's definitely no chance he could have the flu or a common cold at this time of year.

jeemak
24-08-2023, 10:24 PM

Concussion protocols.

Danjul
25-08-2023, 12:07 AM
Macrae was staggering on the outer wing late in the game. He stopped to steady himself after the game moved on.

I suspected concussion at the time.

Mantis
25-08-2023, 07:50 AM
There's definitely no chance he could have the flu or a common cold at this time of year.

Reports this morning he has gastro… must be a bad dose if it’s ruled him out this far out.

Bullies
25-08-2023, 08:29 AM

Otherwise, there would be little to no chance you would rule out a key player 2 days before a crucial game if he had a medical illness. Would there be a buyer beware sticker on Smith and impact the amount of compensation we get if he wanted to leave?

Bullies
25-08-2023, 08:33 AM

Life of a pro athlete. Crozier was cooked 2 years ago and the only reason he was still on the list was the contract he signed. Far too long for the type of player Crozier is. His body is shot which is why he continually breaks down. You play him you want a sub ready to go.

Grantysghost
25-08-2023, 09:12 AM
GG is the best poster here.

bornadog
25-08-2023, 09:56 AM
I can't see us breaking the hoodoo on current form. I'm really surprised so many are thinking we will win this.

Beating the premiers on their home ground where we haven't won for 20 years to make finals! Nice Bulldogs, nice.

Cats are depleted however I still think they're stronger than WCE.

Cats by 20
BOG Brownlow Bont
FG Marra

Hey GG, wrong thread :)

Grantysghost
25-08-2023, 10:19 AM
Hey GG, wrong thread :)

Ha oops.

Axe Man
25-08-2023, 10:21 AM
Ha oops.

You should post some contract news in here as well since we don't have a dedicated thread for that.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
25-08-2023, 10:22 AM
You should post some contract news in here as well since we don't have a dedicated thread for that.

Well played!

EasternWest
25-08-2023, 10:29 AM
Well played!

How can you say that when nobody knows what he's on about?

Grantysghost
25-08-2023, 10:37 AM

Gold.

Grantysghost
25-08-2023, 10:39 AM
GG is the best poster here.

Wow thanks for agreeing 1ED. That means a lot.

mjp
25-08-2023, 10:54 AM
Have to wonder what he and McLean must be thinking knowing this may very well be the last time they play at AFL level.

In the (somewhat) immortal words of some tall bloke called William, "What I choose is my choice".

They should go out focussed on making their team-mates better.

EasternWest
25-08-2023, 11:00 AM
In the (somewhat) immortal words of some tall bloke called William, "What I choose is my choice".

To be fair, he also thinks regardless of anything he does he's still a rodent imprisoned, so I'm not sure he's the go to for career advice.

Topdog
25-08-2023, 11:42 AM
Probably been discussed a lot already but we really lost to the worst team in the past decade, maybe 2 and dropped 0 players

bornadog
25-08-2023, 11:51 AM
Probably been discussed a lot already but we really lost to the worst team in the past decade, maybe 2 and dropped 0 players

Just shows we don't have any depth

Axe Man
25-08-2023, 12:14 PM

To be fair, he also thinks regardless of anything he does he's still a rodent imprisoned, so I'm not sure he's the go to for career advice.

Let's hope we are happier than Billy on a rollercoaster come Saturday night.

https://i.postimg.cc/R0jxwvP1/Billy.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://youtu.be/azhgpelu0vY?si=Mp645Yczc3_KNSbH

EasternWest
25-08-2023, 02:51 PM
Let's hope we are happier than Billy on a rollercoaster come Saturday night.

https://i.postimg.cc/R0jxwvP1/Billy.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://youtu.be/azhgpelu0vY?si=Mp645Yczc3_KNSbH

Very good axe. Very good.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
25-08-2023, 02:53 PM

But better than Kafka.

BornInDroopSt'54
26-08-2023, 05:38 PM
So the fallout from the week is our list lacks pace in midfield, proper placement of players, Smith to midfield, Bevo needs better assistants and a backman.

EasternWest
27-08-2023, 10:00 AM
So the fallout from the week is our list lacks pace in midfield, proper placement of players, Smith to midfield, Bevo needs better assistants and a backman.

Yes but whose midfield?