PDA

View Full Version : We're crying out for a....

mjp
23-08-2023, 12:10 PM
...POSITIVE Thread.

Clearly I can't be the one to start it. But holy hell is there any danger something could convince me to maybe turn on the tv this weekend and watch?

Anyone got any ideas?

I know I said I just wanted it to be over but, well...you know...

bornadog
23-08-2023, 12:17 PM
Watch Bont accumulate another 30 plus disposals, 20 contested, create some goals and finally get his Brownlow. :)

Mofra
23-08-2023, 12:24 PM
We signed a cricketer as a Cat B rookie a few months ago, his trajectory is incredible and is likely to be our no 2 KPD from next season as a 21 year old. It cost us no draft capital.

Sadly, other events have overshadowed this. KPDs are hard to find - almost every club is chasing another one - yet we pulled one out of thin air.

SonofScray
23-08-2023, 12:28 PM
We signed a cricketer as a Cat B rookie a few months ago, his trajectory is incredible and is likely to be our no 2 KPD from next season as a 21 year old. It cost us no draft capital.

Sadly, other events have overshadowed this. KPDs are hard to find - almost every club is chasing another one - yet we pulled one out of thin air.

I’ve smashed Bevo this year but this is one lever he has pulled which is going to bear fruit. Probably should have put him down back straight away, but didn’t mind how we brought him in.

bornadog
23-08-2023, 12:51 PM

His work under pressure where he doesn't panic is very impressive

lemmon
23-08-2023, 12:58 PM
We have a big, blonde key forward with a mullet and a headband that takes huge speccies (just look away after that). I would've sold the farm for that back when our fearsome big forwards were Scott Welsh and Mitch Hahn.

Sedat
23-08-2023, 01:08 PM
We have a big, blonde key forward with a mullet and a headband that takes huge speccies (just look away after that). I would've sold the farm for that back when our fearsome big forwards were Scott Welsh and Mitch Hahn.
And Will Minson in 2008

Sedat
23-08-2023, 01:10 PM
We either break a 20 year hoodoo this weekend, or we get a top 10 pick as well as another talented F/S who also rated around the top 10.

And if it is the former, we give ourselves the chance to make finals for the 5th consecutive year, something our club has never achieved in VFL/AFL history.

EasternWest
23-08-2023, 01:25 PM
We have Bontempelli.

I'm not joking. I know I gave him a slap a few weeks ago (which I stand behind), but he's the one thing I take absolute joy out of watching every week. Just a freak.

Bulldog Joe
23-08-2023, 02:10 PM

I have a huge issue with the guy who works hard and wants to take huge speccies.

He needs someone to tell me about the no I in team.

1eyedog
23-08-2023, 02:31 PM
In honour of Bruce's retirement both Naughton and Flea will also don the long sleeves. So we'll have mullets, headbands and long sleeves giving our forward line a distinctly 70s feel.

The reason why we've been so crap lately is no one is donning the long sleeves.

Mofra
23-08-2023, 02:39 PM
In honour of Bruce's retirement both Naughton and Flea will also don the long sleeves. So we'll have mullets, headbands and long sleeves giving our forward line a distinctly 70s feel.

We're just red shorts away from a huge win this weekend

macca
23-08-2023, 03:11 PM
1. tagger
2. kicking coach
3. a spoonful of aggression
4. train to burst speed out of contests , we can't just find fast mids out of nowhere.
5. cut deep on the list

bornadog
23-08-2023, 03:35 PM
1. tagger
2. kicking coach
3. a spoonful of aggression
4. train to burst speed out of contests , we can't just find fast mids out of nowhere.
5. cut deep on the list

Hey Macca did you read the OP

macca
23-08-2023, 03:39 PM
Hey Macca did you read the OP

I think I misread it. I will rephrase into more positive thread

last game of season
gotta try new tactics

1. mclean as tagger
2. put naughton back
3. Make Lobb number 1 fwd.
4. play English as bash and crash ruckman
5. put west in 100% in the middle
6. tell cody to stop flapping his wings and stay down to crumb.

would like to see the outcome of the game with these position changes.

Mantis
23-08-2023, 04:07 PM
I've got nothing!

I'm still pissed off and are hopeful this Saturday night will be the last time I need to invest time into the shit-show that has been season 2023.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
23-08-2023, 04:20 PM
Xanax

azabob
23-08-2023, 04:57 PM

Weightman should also wear a pink hair tie for his man bun ponytail thing he has going on.

GVGjr
23-08-2023, 05:02 PM
Beat Geelong in Geelong is as good as a news story as you could hope for.

DOG GOD
23-08-2023, 05:10 PM
Beat Geelong in Geelong is as good as a news story as you could hope for.
You won’t see it as tarnished knowing we’ve beaten their VFL team ? It’s not like we are playing them full strength.

Sedat
23-08-2023, 05:14 PM
You won’t see it as tarnished knowing we’ve beaten their VFL team ? It’s not like we are playing them full strength.
They've done us 17 out of 19 and we haven't won there in 20 years. I'll take it if we can get it, even it we miss out on finals.

Anyway they already beat us with a quasi VFL team earlier this year - don't you remember seeing Mitch Knevitt tearing it up at Marvel Stadium like he was Gavin Exell incarnated?

The Doctor
23-08-2023, 05:29 PM
...POSITIVE Thread.

Clearly I can't be the one to start it. But holy hell is there any danger something could convince me to maybe turn on the tv this weekend and watch?

Anyone got any ideas?

I know I said I just wanted it to be over but, well...you know...

Yep

we are going to give Geelong the mother of all thrashings, and on their own dungheap too and in front of their dunghead supporters.

It will be magnificent.

mjp
23-08-2023, 05:36 PM
I think I misread it. I will rephrase into more positive thread

last game of season
gotta try new tactics

1. mclean as tagger

A few years back I proposed Mclean should be developed as a tagger and was shouted down...I am almost motivated enough to go back and find those quotes and THEN direct my 'thanks for the support' messages back to you macca!

Sedat
23-08-2023, 05:43 PM
A few years back I proposed Mclean should be developed as a tagger and was shouted down...I am almost motivated enough to go back and find those quotes and THEN direct my 'thanks for the support' messages back to you macca!
I had him pegged as our George Hewitt style defensive-minded mid this year after his pretty amazing first half in last year's EF, off the back of no senior AFL footy for well over a year.

I was miles off.

Mantis
23-08-2023, 06:04 PM
I had him pegged as our George Hewitt style defensive-minded mid this year after his pretty amazing first half in last year's EF, off the back of no senior AFL footy for well over a year.

I was miles off.

I know it's the wrong thread, but Bevo's use of our ''fringe'' players is ****ing awful.. put them in an unsuitable role to plug a hole and watch them fail.. spectacular coaching.

azabob
23-08-2023, 06:28 PM

Happy Days endorses historically quoting.

DOG GOD
23-08-2023, 07:38 PM
They've done us 17 out of 19 and we haven't won there in 20 years. I'll take it if we can get it, even it we miss out on finals.

Anyway they already beat us with a quasi VFL team earlier this year - don't you remember seeing Mitch Knevitt tearing it up at Marvel Stadium like he was Gavin Exell incarnated?
Oh yeah Sedat. I certainly do.

LostDog
31-08-2023, 10:35 PM
McNeil should never play seniors again

Eastdog
31-08-2023, 10:41 PM
A new game plan.