PDA

View Full Version : Bailey Smith owns up to mistake with Luke Beveridge: ?I wasn?t good at just accepting my role?

bornadog
24-09-2023, 08:45 PM
Bailey Smith has committed to the Western Bulldogs (https://7news.com.au/sport/western-bulldogs) but admits he still needs to work on accepting roles away from his preferred midfield position.

The AFL (https://7news.com.au/sport/afl) star endured a tough season where he faced criticism that he was less committed than he needed to be - but he has now turned to business off the field in the hopes of helping his performance on it.

The 22-year-old social media juggernaut has launched vodka label Barry, which he says will help him focus when it counts.

?There?s only so much you can train and I?ve fallen into the trap of over-training and being too obsessed,? he told 7NEWS Melbourne.

?On my days off, I can surf, go play golf, but I?m more into building businesses and it?s something I?m passionate about that?s also productive too.?
Smith?s off-field move comes as he declares he won?t be switching clubs.

He has received interest from Hawthorn and Geelong but is ?very committed? to the Bulldogs, though for now he remains contracted only for 2024.
?I just want to keep fuelling the fire there. I just want to go all the way, so the red, white and blue is the best place to do it,? Smith said.

https://images.7news.com.au/publication/C-12000609/8e805fb7d063f76f9ab8e3b44260d2af787d5c26.jpg?imwidth=650&impolicy=sevennews_v2

?It was a different change this year ... I hope I play more midfield next year,? he said.

?I probably wasn?t good at just accepting the (forward) role. I did a bit, but more was I just want to play in the midfield.

?Next year, whatever is thrown at me I?ll just attack it as well as I can. I just want to win.?

Smith said he has a ?great relationship? with Beveridge.

?There?d be days where we spend an hour or two because we can?t get out of the conversation,? he said.
?We just talk about life.?

Watch the interview here (https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/bailey-smith-owns-up-to-mistake-with-luke-beveridge-i-wasnt-good-at-just-accepting-my-role-c-12000609)

jazzadogs
24-09-2023, 08:51 PM
I don't know if that article is meant to make me angry but it makes me a bit angry.

The team needed you in a forward role. You're getting paid heaps. Just get out there and do it.

Also think it's bad management to have unhappy players. Don't spend two hours talking about life and then trot him out to a forward flank and watch him mope about - spend two hours talking about the role, why it's important, why you think he can excel at it.

Sedat
24-09-2023, 08:55 PM
Interview was a thinly disguised ad for his new vodka label.

azabob
24-09-2023, 08:58 PM

This.

jazzadogs
24-09-2023, 09:12 PM

Funny after reading it I did have a thirst that needed quenching with some BARRY.

chef
24-09-2023, 09:15 PM
I just wish his football was as good as his marketing.

Grantysghost
24-09-2023, 09:21 PM
He's out of contract next season like Dunkley.

I very much doubt he will be a Dog in 25, my new theory of trading before they bail means I would've shopped him vigorously now.
I have had a bottle of Barry though so fje#__#&&44!

jeemak
24-09-2023, 09:35 PM
I get that was a shameless marketing exercise, but we can put that to one side and be at ease the circus won't be in town this year.

If he plays midfield and we're in a positive position we should be able to retain his services until his next big contract.

The Underdog
24-09-2023, 09:38 PM
The more I hear out of Bailey, the less I want to hear out of Bailey. He’s definitely B3 for me.

Bailey D is B1 FYI

Grantysghost
24-09-2023, 09:48 PM
I get that was a shameless marketing exercise, but we can put that to one side and be at ease the circus won't be in town this year.

If he plays midfield and we're in a positive position we should be able to retain his services until his next big contract.

Fingers crossed you're right Jee.

Reading the tea leaves he would want max exposure, the kind that only big clubs and block busters provide.

Imagine the run on Barry Vodka this week if he was at the pies!

No Knox City, he'd be at Melbourne Central.

Hotdog60
24-09-2023, 09:58 PM
He'd be no good at Collingwood the fans only know Fosters and VB.

EasternWest
24-09-2023, 10:26 PM
I'm actually not the least bit interested in anything he has to say.

angelopetraglia
24-09-2023, 10:48 PM
How ethical is it that a young footballer with a massive teenage girl following is flogging pre packed ready to drink lemon vodka? He is seriously getting some bad advice.

angelopetraglia
24-09-2023, 10:53 PM
Here is the piece on channel 7 news https://x.com/7newsmelbourne/status/1705877716409762297?s=46&t=oMlyiNHry1lhUs8p7uzZ_A

GVGjr
24-09-2023, 10:56 PM
How ethical is it that a young footballer with a massive teenage girl following is flogging pre packed ready to drink lemon vodka? He is seriously getting some bad advice.

I don't see any contradiction, he's in a partnership with 4 others and it's just a business opportunity.

bulldogsthru&thru
24-09-2023, 11:06 PM
He's out of contract next season like Dunkley.

I very much doubt he will be a Dog in 25, my new theory of trading before they bail means I would've shopped him vigorously now.
I have had a bottle of Barry though so fje#__#&&44!

Yeah he's gone. We need to trade now. Don't want a repeat of Dunkley.

angelopetraglia
24-09-2023, 11:16 PM
I don't see any contradiction, he's in a partnership with 4 others and it's just a business opportunity.

He is known for having a massive teenage girl following. Young teenage girls under the age of 18. My daughter is 15 and can confirm this is true for non Bulldog fans and non AFL fans. He is huge with this cohort. They worhsip him.

You are not allowed to target minors in any manner via mass media when marketing acohol. There is a number of strict rules governing this. i.e. Content cannot target minors or young people under 25 years of age.

So Bailey Smith, being the front of a new lemon vodka ready to drink product ... who do you think is the target for this product? Who drinks, ready to drink vodka?

Getting around a lot of strict rules and conduct via promotion via social media and free PR spots on channel 7 news.

It is legal. yes. It is it moral. No.

bornadog
24-09-2023, 11:37 PM
Here is the piece on channel 7 news https://x.com/7newsmelbourne/status/1705877716409762297?s=46&t=oMlyiNHry1lhUs8p7uzZ_A
i posted the link in the article

angelopetraglia
24-09-2023, 11:41 PM
i posted the link in the article

Sorry. Missed it.

chef
25-09-2023, 07:19 AM

But the reason he'll be the 'face' of this business is that its a product aimed at young girls and they love Baz.

Great marketing though not morally great.

GVGjr
25-09-2023, 08:41 AM
But the reason he'll be the 'face' of this business is that its a product aimed at young girls and they love Baz.

I get the point being made but I'd wouldn't want younger people to follow him that closely for other reasons and isn't the product he is fronting pitched at the 18+ audience.

chef
25-09-2023, 08:47 AM
I get the point being made but I'd wouldn't want younger people to follow him that closely for other reasons and isn't the product he is fronting is pitched at the 18+ audience.

The product that hes fronting would be aimed at 15-25 year old girls. Of the 4 partners Baz has the ideal face, image and social reached to maximise this.

But then as a father of girls im pretty cynical about dodgy shit like this. Its was pretty much a paid alcohol advertisement on national news dressed up to look like a sports interview, just ridiculous.

ledge
25-09-2023, 09:34 AM
Good on him for doing something and he will be very successful when his footy career is over .
A smart kid . Just remember he is only young and give him the time to mature, which I think he is now .
We all made mistakes at his age, it?s part of learning.
We need to keep him as he will only get better as a person a footballer and a leader.

Sedat
25-09-2023, 10:18 AM
The product that hes fronting would be aimed at 15-25 year old girls. Of the 4 partners Baz has the ideal face, image and social reached to maximise this.

But then as a father of girls im pretty cynical about dodgy shit like this. Its was pretty much a paid alcohol advertisement on national news dressed up to look like a sports interview, just ridiculous.
It was a little tacky and pretty gratuitous, but I have a million times more contempt for politicians and global corporations/lobby groups who shamelessly rob and steal billions from the tax payer every day.

Bailey is working his assets and good on him. I'd rather see a small business like this one have some success than some global corporation or publicly owned behemoth.

Bulldog4life
25-09-2023, 10:31 AM
It is not just Bailey. The following players are also partners in this venture. Reece Walsh (Brisbane Broncos, NRL) Nick and Josh Diacos (Collingwood FC, AFL), and Charlie Curnow (Carlton FC, AFL), who each have their own brand aspirations in development.

angelopetraglia
25-09-2023, 10:32 AM
It was a little tacky and pretty gratuitous, but I have a million times more contempt for politicians and global corporations/lobby groups who shamelessly rob and steal billions from the tax payer every day.

Bailey is working his assets and good on him. I'd rather see a small business like this one have some success than some global corporation or publicly owned behemoth.

mmmmm .... who is the first to jump on the bandwagon

"Because of this, we have been able to fast-track a process that would normally take 18 months or so, and the Coles Liquor team has been instrumental in getting this done, culminating in a national rollout this week."

Sophie Went, Coles Liquor Business Category Manager Spirits & RTDs said: "We're excited to welcome BARRY exclusively to our Liquorland and First Choice Liquor Market shelves. We're confident our customers are going to want to share BARRY with friends at their footy finals BBQs and summer celebrations.

"Being first to market with BARRY was a no-brainer for us. We knew that when you get five of the biggest athletes in the country together, they were going to channel their competitive spirit, passion and drive to succeed into a new drink that was going to deliver on flavour and innovation for our customers."

angelopetraglia
25-09-2023, 10:34 AM
It is not just Bailey. The following players are also partners in this venture. Reece Walsh (Brisbane Broncos, NRL) Nick and Josh Diacos (Collingwood FC, AFL), and Charlie Curnow (Carlton FC, AFL), who each have their own brand aspirations in development.

Yes. But that doesn't make it any better.

Grantysghost
25-09-2023, 10:34 AM

Yep - there's a drop of Bailey's sweat in every bottle.

Bulldog4life
25-09-2023, 10:37 AM

I didn't say it did. Just quoting the facts.

angelopetraglia
25-09-2023, 10:41 AM
The AFL has also been running ads for the "official" seltzer partner for the AFL on Fox Footy too which is just as bad. Good Tides Seltzer. So it is not just Bailey and friends. There are a number of others inlcuding the AFL who are cashing in on this.

Call my cynicial, but the AFL and AFL Footballers marekting alcoholic lolly water to a young and impressionable audience is not a good look. Just as bad as their partnership with sports betting companies that feature in the offical AFL app.

The AFL want to take a moral leadership position on the voice, racism, diveristy etc. but are happy to market alcoholic lolly water targeted at kids and sports betting when it means they can line their pockets.

Don't tell me, show me. They fail this test everytime. Virtue signalling is easy, actually living ethically is significantly more difficult.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7mNf1jaUH7I04ktZP8tCITg72T5ogeAkKWQ&usqp=CAU

Grantysghost
25-09-2023, 10:44 AM
The AFL has also been running ads for the "official" seltzer partner for the AFL on Fox Footy too which is just as bad. Good Tides Seltzer. So it is not just Bailey and friends. There are a number of others inlcuding the AFL who are cashing in on this.

Call my cynicial, but the AFL and AFL Footballers marekting alcoholic lolly water to a young and impressionable audience is not a good look. Just as bad as their partnership with sports betting companies that feature in the offical AFL app.

The AFL want to take a moral leadership position on the voice, racism, diveristy etc. but are happy to market alcoholic lolly water targeted at kids and sports betting when it means they can line their pockets.

Don't tell me, show me. They fail this test everytime. Virtue signalling is easy, actually living ethically is significantly more difficult.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7mNf1jaUH7I04ktZP8tCITg72T5ogeAkKWQ&usqp=CAU

Oh that ad is so cringe. With Darcy Moore and Slobbo.

chef
25-09-2023, 10:44 AM
Yep - there's a drop of Bailey's sweat in every bottle.

I loved how he said he'd spend his day off tweaking the ingredients to get the flavour right like he was making cupcakes for a farmers' market haha. Im sure the actual distillers would love him getting in the road.

Who ever is writing this shit for him is doing a marvellous job.

angelopetraglia
25-09-2023, 10:45 AM
Oh that ad is so cringe. With Darcy Moore and Slobbo.

Yes. It is a terrible ad and terrible look. Horrific.

Grantysghost
25-09-2023, 10:45 AM
I loved how he said he'd spend his day off tweaking the ingredients to get the flavour right like he was making cupcakes for a farmers' market haha. Im sure the actual distillers would love him getting in the road.

If he can get Bevo to pose with a bottle - then I'll give him his dues.

ledge
25-09-2023, 10:59 AM
Can we get 10% off if a bulldog member ?

Sedat
25-09-2023, 10:59 AM

Off topic, but the AFEL does whatever it takes to fill their own coffers - nothing more. They will always say the right things, but what they do is all that matters.

Anybody who expects anything more from the AFEL execs (other than filling their own boots) are living in a fantasy land. They are not serious or talented people and should never be listened to or taken seriously on anything. Same goes for so many people of influence in society today.

Apologies, off topic. Back on Bailey. He will have less opportunities to market himself in the future unless he excels in his core profession. I hope he cashes in off the field and gives his absolute all on the field for the remainder of his career and wins premierships with the Bulldogs. he has some serious gifts that we lack and some shortcomings that he needs to keep working on. It's all up to him.

angelopetraglia
25-09-2023, 11:15 AM
Off topic, but the AFEL does whatever it takes to fill their own coffers - nothing more. They will always say the right things, but what they do is all that matters.

Anybody who expects anything more from the AFEL execs (other than filling their own boots) are living in a fantasy land. They are not serious or talented people and should never be listened to or taken seriously on anything. Same goes for so many people of influence in society today.

Apologies, off topic. Back on Bailey. He will have less opportunities to market himself in the future unless he excels in his core profession. I hope he cashes in off the field and gives his absolute all on the field for the remainder of his career and wins premierships with the Bulldogs. he has some serious gifts that we lack and some shortcomings that he needs to keep working on. It's all up to him.

https://talbotspy.org/files/2023/06/FtpSCRuaIAA_ven.jpg

lemmon
25-09-2023, 11:25 AM

I don't think that's true of Bailey's audience demographic. He's never been an All Australian, hasn't won a BnF and has never put together a consistent season of footy - his last two years have been poor - but he's also never been bigger as a marketing commodity. I'd suggest most of his Instagram followers or the people that notice him on Cotton On billboards couldn't really give a stuff what he does on-field.

I think a Bailey Smith that cruises along and plays another 130 games without ever tearing down trees will still be a huge star because it's not his footy ability that makes him marketable to Gen Z.

It's an interesting one because I'm sure that's a huge factor that his manager will be considering. If Bailey's decisions are more about money than footy, exposure (playing for a big club in big games) probably means a lot more than on-field success or what the best 'footy' move would be. I'm sure Paul Connors is just as much considering 'Brand Bailey' as he is Bailey Smith the AFL footballer.

angelopetraglia
25-09-2023, 11:29 AM
I don't think that's true of Bailey's audience demographic. He's never been an All Australian, hasn't won a BnF and has never put together a consistent season of footy - his last two years have been poor - but he's also never been bigger as a marketing commodity. I'd suggest most of his Instagram followers or the people that notice him on Cotton On billboards couldn't really give a stuff what he does on-field.

I think a Bailey Smith that cruises along and plays another 130 games without ever tearing down trees will still be a huge star because it's not his footy ability that makes him marketable to Gen Z.

It's an interesting one because I'm sure that's a huge factor that his manager will be considering. If Bailey's decisions are more about money than footy, exposure (playing for a big club in big games) probably means a lot more than on-field success or what the best 'footy' move would be. I'm sure Paul Connors is just as much considering 'Brand Bailey' as he is Bailey Smith the AFL footballer.

Yes. Agree 100%.

“Show me the incentive and I'll show you the outcome” - famous quote from Charlie Munger.

What do AFL Player Agents make? 4% of the contract and 20% of marketing deals

chef
25-09-2023, 11:41 AM

Im 100% he'll be at one of the big 4 after next season to keep building his brand.

Grantysghost
25-09-2023, 11:50 AM
Im 100% he'll be at one of the big 4 after next season to keep building his brand.

Absolutely - 24 will be his last as a Dog.

Reminding me a bit of was it Anna Kournikova who transcended the sport and was worth more off the court than on it?

MrMahatma
25-09-2023, 11:53 AM

As a completely 100% very much heterosexual male... Reese Walsh is pretty easy on the eye also.

I can't imagine ever buying this stuff, but agree that it'll probably dominate the young female market for a bit (until the next thing comes along).

Sedat
25-09-2023, 11:57 AM

Fair call, I'm more thinking along the lines of another indiscretion or if his form falls off a cliff he will have a significantly reduced capacity to commercialise his personal brand in the future.

If he has a smart manager, he will push Smith to get the absolute best out of himself on the field because the returns off it will be astronomical. Bailey Smith the premiership hero can write his own cheques for future endorsements.

jeemak
25-09-2023, 12:11 PM
As a completely 100% very much heterosexual male... Reese Walsh is pretty easy on the eye also.

I can't imagine ever buying this stuff, but agree that it'll probably dominate the young female market for a bit (until the next thing comes along).

It's good that you qualified your sexuality so thoroughly before you made that statement. Leaves everything beyond doubt! :)

Grantysghost
25-09-2023, 01:06 PM
It's good that you qualified your sexuality so thoroughly before you made that statement. Leaves everything beyond doubt! :)

I think he protesteth too much xD (not that there's anything wrong with that hey AB!)

azabob
25-09-2023, 01:13 PM
I think he protesteth too much xD (not that there's anything wrong with that hey AB!)

Imagine all the information you could have in your head if old mate Larry and Jerry were not in there rent free!!

Sedat
25-09-2023, 02:40 PM
Imagine all the information you could have in your head if old mate Larry and Jerry were not in there rent free!!
There's no such thing in the world as too many Seinfeld or Curb references.

Dry Rot
25-09-2023, 03:00 PM
I prefer this Barry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2nSqBNk538

Axe Man
25-09-2023, 03:06 PM
I prefer this Barry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2nSqBNk538

Perhaps a Barry Hall vodka, 80% and knocks you flat on your arse?

1eyedog
25-09-2023, 03:20 PM

He's seriously getting some big bucks. Girls gonna drink what girls gonna drink my dude.

azabob
25-09-2023, 03:32 PM
There's no such thing in the world as too many Seinfeld or Curb references.

Reminds me of this (funnily enough on topic, well sorta)

https://youtu.be/MNeWZwUn3x0?si=QBOnhm6u2K5kqaJZ

Sedat
26-09-2023, 04:15 PM
Funny after reading it I did have a thirst that needed quenching with some BARRY.
If you aren't necking a bottle of BARRY at work in order to "help you focus when it counts", are you really achieving optimum productivity?

Topdog
26-09-2023, 05:15 PM

I love that on his day off he is necking bottles of vodka, great preparation for the footy season

WBFC4FFC
27-09-2023, 05:27 PM

Got the smell of when Shaq left the Magic for the Lakers. When he gets there they start telling him to stop all the Hollywood/Off-Court crap if he wants to excel on the court, when he could have done that at the Magic and won championships there as well.

Smith does not need to go to a big club for more publicity. He has heaps now. As Jordan Lewis said, it is up to him for what he wants to be remembered for. At this stage, he appears more focused off the field, given he is "playing out of position".

Bevo came in and moved guys out of the middle like Picken and Matthew Boyd. They sure as hell did not sook and the team was a hell of a lot better for it.

Smith could do well to follow their lead and have another chance to win a flag and having a big say in that like he did in 2021!

Twodogs
27-09-2023, 08:11 PM
He'd be no good at Collingwood the fans only know Fosters and VB.

And goon bags. And methylated spirits.

Twodogs
27-09-2023, 08:16 PM
Yes. Agree 100%.

?Show me the incentive and I'll show you the outcome? - famous quote from Charlie Munger.

What do AFL Player Agents make? 4% of the contract and 20% of marketing deals

Who's Charlie Munger?

angelopetraglia
27-09-2023, 09:14 PM
Who's Charlie Munger?

Charlie Munger is Warren Buffet's right hand man. He is 99 and he still fronts the investors for the company Berkshire Hathaway (which is the 6th largest company in the USA by market capitalisation, for perspective, the largest company in Australia is BHP, they are seven times that size). Incredibly sharp for a 99 year old! He is known in business and investing circles as one of the sharpest ever minds in the world of business and in partiuclar investing for long term value. One of the wisest person in my mind in regards to what he has wrote or has to say.

If you are interested here is clip of him answering questions at 99 years of age on "Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger on how to avoid mistakes in life and business" (Warren Buffett on the left and Charlie Munger on the right). Munger starts speaking at 4:00 mark.

https://youtu.be/4YYxAS4xeNM?si=ApU1crIgUPIw8eAI

jeemak
28-09-2023, 01:36 AM
Charlie Munger is Warren Buffet's right hand man. He is 99 and he still fronts the investors for the company Berkshire Hathaway (which is the 6th largest company in the USA by market capitalisation, for perspective, the largest company in Australia is BHP, they are seven times that size). Incredibly sharp for a 99 year old! He is known in business and investing circles as one of the sharpest ever minds in the world of business and in partiuclar investing for long term value. One of the wisest person in my mind in regards to what he has wrote or has to say.

If you are interested here is clip of him answering questions at 99 years of age on "Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger on how to avoid mistakes in life and business" (Warren Buffett on the left and Charlie Munger on the right). Munger starts speaking at 4:00 mark.

I prefer if we kept this claptrap bullshit off this forum AP. No offence to you mate, though you might take it as a bit of an attack. :)

Spend less than you earn, invest wisely, avoid bad people.....give me a ****ing break. This is the shit rich people tell poor people all the time and it's complete crap......because they don't know what desperation tastes like.

EasternWest
28-09-2023, 08:02 AM
.because they don't know what desperation tastes like.

I'll grab the guillotine, comrade.

angelopetraglia
28-09-2023, 09:01 AM
I prefer if we kept this claptrap bullshit off this forum AP. No offence to you mate, though you might take it as a bit of an attack. :)

Spend less than you earn, invest wisely, avoid bad people.....give me a ****ing break. This is the shit rich people tell poor people all the time and it's complete crap......because they don't know what desperation tastes like.

That was just the first clip I found on YouTube. It wasn't that particular message I was pushing. But I do believe Munger is a wise man whose knowledge and wisdom across many fields is worth listening too. Agree, it ain't a business forum, but someone asked the question so I provided the answer.

And his quote "Show me the incentive and I'll show you the outcome" - was relevant to the thread in more ways than one.

josie
28-09-2023, 01:14 PM

And it?s the clap trap that if followed, people, no matter what their income, could benefit from. I think their advice is sage and I was not raised in a wealthy family. Particularly liked the keep away from toxic people advice. Anyhoooo, each to their own.

Of interest is Buffet was not born into wealth:
Howard Buffett, Warren Buffett's father, was the son of grocers, and he received a public school education. When Warren was born, Howard had just launched his own small brokerage firm, and he was struggling to make a name for himself in the financial world.

jeemak
28-09-2023, 01:33 PM
Indeed, each to their own.

EasternWest
28-09-2023, 02:09 PM
And it?s the clap trap that if followed, people, no matter what their income, could benefit from. I think their advice is sage and I was not raised in a wealthy family. Particularly liked the keep away from toxic people advice. Anyhoooo, each to their own.

Of interest is Buffet was not born into wealth:
Howard Buffett, Warren Buffett's father, was the son of grocers, and he received a public school education. When Warren was born, Howard had just launched his own small brokerage firm, and he was struggling to make a name for himself in the financial world.

I love WOOF

mjp
28-09-2023, 04:29 PM
I love WOOF

From Bailey Smith sculling vodka on non-training days to Warren Buffett's life of abject poverty, this thread has it all.

How did we get here again?

Maybe if someone would create a contracts thread we could work out when young Bailey's contract expires so we could then pontificate on his potential trade value in x-years (or y-years) time? Someone really should get onto that!

Axe Man
28-09-2023, 05:01 PM
From Bailey Smith sculling vodka on non-training days to Warren Buffett's life of abject poverty, this thread has it all.

Maybe if someone would create a contracts thread we could work out when young Bailey's contract expires so we could then pontificate on his potential trade value in x-years (or y-years) time? Someone really should get onto that!

Boy oh boy, wowee, even MJP is getting in on the joke now.

If you guys aren't careful I'm going to feed misinformation into the non-existent thread to make you look silly in your next contract related discussion.

bulldogsthru&thru
28-09-2023, 05:15 PM
Boy oh boy, wowee, even MJP is getting in on the joke now.

If you guys aren't careful I'm going to feed misinformation into the non-existent thread to make you look silly in your next contract related discussion.

Be careful Axe. I'm starting to think the club itself needs a contract thread on here given how they handled the Dunkley situation. Had it existed they may have known he was out if contract.

azabob
28-09-2023, 05:50 PM
Be careful Axe. I'm starting to think the club itself needs a contract thread on here given how they handled the Dunkley situation. Had it existed they may have known he was out if contract.

Speaking of Dunkley, did we legit low ball him mid year and only upped our offer once the season ended?

GVGjr
28-09-2023, 07:51 PM
Speaking of Dunkley, did we legit low ball him mid year and only upped our offer once the season ended?

Not to my knowledge. We had a very good offer in front of him all season.
The Cal Ward negotiation was poorly executed and we opened the door wide for GWS

Twodogs
28-09-2023, 08:02 PM

I think it was me again.

Twodogs
28-09-2023, 08:04 PM

Fair point but I'd like to see what his beep test results are like before I get too excited.

Twodogs
28-09-2023, 08:05 PM

Thanks Ang.