PDA

View Full Version : Best/Starting 23, Round 1 2024

Pages : 1 [2]

GVGjr
13-02-2024, 09:26 PM
No concerns, more I don't know much about him. See how the practise matches go, and then will decide.

Daniel will also play back, if Melbourne have only a couple of talls.

Thanks, I thought it might be some height bias

jeemak
13-02-2024, 09:39 PM
Jee, what is the rational behind Darcy at CHB? By all reports he hasn’t been training with the defenders.

Is it based on a pure talent/future viewpoint or the best of the rest type scenario?

I think they'll want him in the team, but he'll be behind all of English, Lobb, Naughton and JUH in their favoured positions.

jeemak
13-02-2024, 09:41 PM
On a lot of the training form, Jeemak's suggestions for the best 23 seems to be spot on or at least very close but given our round one opponent is Melbourne I just wonder if we need need 4 tall defenders in Jones, JOD, Darcy and Coffield?
Melbournes taller forwards don't instill a lot of concern for me whereas their smaller forwards could be more of a challenge.
I'd like to see Bramble in the mix as defender on the interchange bench to give us another option.

I don't consider Coffield a genuine tall defender, more mid-sized in how I recall him playing a few years ago. If he's able to play tall then it makes it interesting for both JOD and Darcy as the match committee would be eager to play them both, whilst also playing a player they've targeted for trade.

S Coast Simon
15-02-2024, 06:01 PM
My guess.

JJ. Jones. Coffield
Kossie. VanRooyen. Fritsch

Dale. JOD. ED
Neal-Bullen MacDonald McAdam

Williams. Bont. Poulter
Hunter. Petraca. Langdon

Harmes. Naughton Treloar
Rivers. Lever. Bradshaw

Darcy. JUH. Weightman
Petty. May. Salem

English. Libba. Macrae
Gawn. Oliver. Viney

West. Daniel. Sanders. Buku Sub Scott
Tomlinson. Sparrow. Chandler. Bowey. Billings

Lobb. Baker. Busslinger. Duryea. Gallagher Gardner. Jones. McNeil Vanders
all need to fight to get into the team. Would like to to see us with competition for spots again. A few years ago it was great because they were rewarding good form in the VFL. This didn’t seem to be be the case the last couple of years. We need to get back to this again

Bulldog Joe
16-02-2024, 09:32 AM
My guess.

JJ. Jones. Coffield
Kossie. VanRooyen. Fritsch

Dale. JOD. ED
Neal-Bullen MacDonald McAdam

Williams. Bont. Poulter
Hunter. Petraca. Langdon

Harmes. Naughton Treloar
Rivers. Lever. Bradshaw

Darcy. JUH. Weightman
Petty. May. Salem

English. Libba. Macrae
Gawn. Oliver. Viney

West. Daniel. Sanders. Buku Sub Scott
Tomlinson. Sparrow. Chandler. Bowey. Billings

Lobb. Baker. Busslinger. Duryea. Gallagher Gardner. Jones. McNeil Vanders
all need to fight to get into the team. Would like to to see us with competition for spots again. A few years ago it was great because they were rewarding good form in the VFL. This didn’t seem to be be the case the last couple of years. We need to get back to this again

Good effort Simon.

All the track watchers think Lobb ahead of Darcy.

Perhaps Lobb in the pocket but Darcy on the bench ahead of Buku.

GVGjr
16-02-2024, 09:55 AM
A couple of other considerations. Tim's come out and said he'd be okay spending some more time forward allowing Lobb to ruck more depending on the match-ups and that on Wednesday's Intra Club Tim was pushing forward more and having some set shots at goal.
As it turns out he didn't kick all that accurately but perhaps an indicator of the season ahead?
It might be interesting to see if he joins in Brad Johnson's goal kicking drills from now on.

lemmon
16-02-2024, 10:21 AM
I'd like to see Bramble in the mix as defender on the interchange bench to give us another option.

A tough one to recall, but any idea which players Bramble's spent time on during match-sim? I really like Bramble and think getting him across was an underrated piece of recruiting, but think the only 'small defender' spot available is Taylor Duryea's and I'm not sure he's that kind of player.

Can he play as that accountable small, or would we have to change someone like JJ's role to accommodate?

GVGjr
16-02-2024, 10:35 AM
A tough one to recall, but any idea which players Bramble's spent time on during match-sim? I really like Bramble and think getting him across was an underrated piece of recruiting, but think the only 'small defender' spot available is Taylor Duryea's and I'm not sure he's that kind of player.

Can he play as that accountable small, or would we have to change someone like JJ's role to accommodate?

He was played off half back and from memory he might have been pitted against West and a bit of time with Weightman.

DadBod
20-02-2024, 12:10 PM
From all accounts I have to reassess my team.

Red Jones Coff
JJ JOD Dale

Baker Libba Poulter
Timmy Bont COL.

Ads Naughts West
Lobb Marra Flea

INT
Macca (mid) Harmes Williams Daniel
Sub
Scott / Bramble

If Macca is hurt and not playing rd 1, then Scott takes his place and Gags moves to possible Sub.

hujsh
20-02-2024, 12:34 PM

Red Jones Coff
JJ JOD Dale

Baker Libba Poulter
Timmy Bont COL.

Ads Naughts West
Lobb Marra Flea

INT
Sub
Scott / Bramble

If Macca is hurt and not playing rd 1, then Scott takes his place and Gags moves to possible Sub.

I assume COL is Sanders but I don't see Libba

GVGjr
20-02-2024, 12:36 PM

He's been selected as a centre.

Mofra
20-02-2024, 02:18 PM

Red Jones Coff
JJ JOD Dale

Baker Libba Poulter
Timmy Bont COL.

Ads Naughts West
Lobb Marra Flea

INT
Sub
Scott / Bramble

This looks pretty close to the money, as harsh as it is for Darcy however structurally we can't carry that extra tall given the speed trend for modern game styles. I'd swap a few players in the side positionally, that's all.

Smads57
20-02-2024, 03:18 PM

Red Jones Coff
JJ JOD Dale

Baker Libba Poulter
Timmy Bont COL.

Ads Naughts West
Lobb Marra Flea

INT
Sub
Scott / Bramble

Assuming Macrae’s hamstring comes good in time, I’m thinking this is very close to what happens in Rd 1 also.

DadBod
20-02-2024, 06:30 PM

Yeah COL is short for Colonel. Kid has some serious go about him. Libba in the Centre.

DadBod
20-02-2024, 06:32 PM
This looks pretty close to the money, as harsh as it is for Darcy however structurally we can't carry that extra tall given the speed trend for modern game styles. I'd swap a few players in the side positionally, that's all.

I would love to get Darcy in there, kid will be a star I reckon, however, given runs on the board I have to go with Lobb first up.

bornadog
23-02-2024, 11:38 PM
My first stab of opening round team

B:
JJ
Jones
Coffield

HBF:
Dale
JOD
Richards

C:
Williams
Treloar
Poulter

HFF:
Harmes
Naughton
McNeil

F:
Lobb
JUH
Weightman

Mids
English, Bont, Libba

IC:
Daniel
Cleary
Macrae
Sanders
West

Emergency: Coffield, Baker, Darcy

Updated team after today

* In Coffield out Gardner. I will still keep JOD in at this stage. Macrae may struggle to make round 1 given his injury

* In McNeil, out Scott

* In Cleary out Duryea.

Tempted to put Baker in for Poulter

Virgin-Dog
24-02-2024, 12:45 AM
Updated team after today

* In Coffield out Gardner. I will still keep JOD in at this stage. Macrae may struggle to make round 1 given his injury

* In McNeil, out Scott

* In Cleary out Duryea.

Tempted to put Baker in for Poulter
It may be dependent on GPS figures, but surely Clarke suddenly becomes a very likely prospect for round 1 debut. If everyone is fit there's going to be some very unlucky players - Clarke, Khamis and Darcy all ?earned? a spot in this team based on form so far, but it?s tough to pick who misses out.

If JODs ankle gives him any trouble, or Macrae isn?t 100%, they may find a place

MrMahatma
24-02-2024, 09:05 AM
Lobb will have to be looking over his shoulder a bit. We’ve gotta get games into Darcy. He’s looking fantastic.

Grantysghost
24-02-2024, 10:02 AM
Lobb will have to be looking over his shoulder a bit. We’ve gotta get games into Darcy. He’s looking fantastic.
It's a great problem to have. Lobb will feel incentivised with Darcy there.

I doubt we can play them both. Darcy in the backline would cause me too much stress.

GVGjr
24-02-2024, 10:31 AM

Lobb has had an impressive preseason himself so it's good problem to have.

Bigdog
24-02-2024, 11:27 AM
After yesterday, I?m seeing round 1 as:

FB: Richards Jones Coffield
HB: Dale JOD JJ
C: Williams Libba Poulter
HF: Mcneil Naughton Daniel
FF: Weightman Darcy JUH

C: English Bont Treloar

I: Lobb West Sanders Harmes VDM (sub - prefer his assets to Mcneil and west, but both out performed him yesterday)

Macrae will come in if injury free

Next in line is Buku and Clarke

One of the mids will need to role through half back for rotations.

Also scrapping the sub role and going with a 5 player bench would be ideal for the 4 talls.

whythelongface
24-02-2024, 04:01 PM
Some good selection headaches

Forward/ ruck: Lobb v Darcy

Small forwards: Weightman, Harmes and Daniel (all with time in the mids) then there is a battle between VDM, McNeil, West, Scott and Clarke.

West is looking good. Maybe McNeil (needs consistency and is frustrating at times) or Clarke. Harmes will be best 22 (mid/fwd role).

Wings: Poulter, Baker, Williams, Bramble. Williams a definite with his ability to play back and forward. The other wing spot is wide open.

Depth is our key this year. We need 6 to 10 players battling it out every week for spots 18-23. Barring injuries we have 16/17 automatic selections each week. It really is the wings and small forward roles that where our fringe players will generally be needed.

Ideally we want Clarke and West to cement spots so that there is very little requirement for player rotation week in/ week out.

Our glaring hole is defensive KPP - Jones and JOD look the goods but if one or both go down we have ok replacements in Gardner and Keath - but not week to week regulars Definitely need Buss to come on this year (asking a lot of 19/20 year old in early development though). Think someone mentioned that English was moving back a fair bit yesterday- I like that idea. Wonder if that means the other ruck (Lobb/ Darcy) plays a similar role.

All in all feeling positive about the season. Training reports have been fab and there seems to be a good vibe around the club.

meenies
24-02-2024, 04:41 PM
Based on yesterdays practice match and only selecting one game ahead to the Tassie match.

JJ Jones Richards
Coffield Darcy (not expecting JOD to play) Dale

Baker, Treloar, Poulter
English, Bont, Sanders

West, Naughton, Harmes
JUH, Lobb, Weightman

Bramble (backs), Sanders (centre rotations), CD (Harmes rotation), Clarke (over McNeill)
Williams as the go anywhere sub

Gallagher (maybe swap with Baker?), VDM, Khamis, Scott

SquirrelGrip
24-02-2024, 11:05 PM
Based on yesterdays practice match and only selecting one game ahead to the Tassie match.

JJ Jones Richards
Coffield Darcy (not expecting JOD to play) Dale

Baker, Treloar, Poulter
English, Bont, Sanders

West, Naughton, Harmes
JUH, Lobb, Weightman

Bramble (backs), Sanders (centre rotations), CD (Harmes rotation), Clarke (over McNeill)
Williams as the go anywhere sub

Gallagher (maybe swap with Baker?), VDM, Khamis, Scott

Um, where’s Libba?

meenies
24-02-2024, 11:55 PM
Thought I missed someone. On second thoughts I would rest one or more of Treloar or Bont or Libba and keep youngies in one more game.

GVGjr
25-02-2024, 10:06 AM
Has Fridays practice game changed the mind of who's in the mix for round one for you or at least raised some addition questions?

Darcy was impressive, I don't quite know how but he has to be right in the mix for R1
McNeil has had a solid 6 to 8 weeks on the training track and now has a very good performance under his belt in a position we've struggled with.
Macrae really needs to get into full training next week or he's very likely to be out of the running.
Without any real centre bounce attendances I didn't think we got much out Daniel and I wonder if a role change is likely.
Vandermeer did some nice things but perhaps not enough to hold his spot. Might come down to him or Scott
Bramble was okay without grabbing his chance.
West and Williams should have done enough to hold their spots. Gallagher probably didn't do enough.
Coffield is now probably a lock and Khamis right in the mix.

The team we pick in the next practice game will provide more answers.

jazzadogs
25-02-2024, 11:28 AM
Darcy was better than Lobb, but was playing the better role with more ruck time. It's very hard to conceive a way that they can both fit in the team, alongside the other talls. I feel like Darcy's ceiling is higher, even now, but that Lobb will hopefully provide a more consistent presence.

McNeill locked his spot in my eyes. Cody, West, McNeill as our smaller forwards plus the resting mids (Harmes in that group for me). VDM didn't cut it.

I've thought coffield was a lock since we traded him in, pending injuries. He has got to this point unscathed and I think he is clearly in our best side.

Go_Dogs
25-02-2024, 11:41 AM
Still a bit to play out, however I’m leaning towards:

B: Richards, Jones, Coffield
HB: Dale, JOD, JJ
C: Williams, Libba, Poulter
HF: Sanders, Naughton, Weightman
F: Lobb, Jamarra, McNeil
R: English, Bont, Treloar
IC: Daniel, Darcy, Harmes, West
S: Baker

jeemak
25-02-2024, 01:34 PM
I find it hard to think about our round one side when our teams were butchered so significantly between two games. Next week's praccy will be telling, way too much up in the air right now.

GVGjr
25-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Still a bit to play out, however I’m leaning towards:

B: Richards, Jones, Coffield
HB: Dale, JOD, JJ
C: Williams, Libba, Poulter
HF: Sanders, Naughton, Weightman
F: Lobb, Jamarra, McNeil
R: English, Bont, Treloar
IC: Daniel, Darcy, Harmes, West
S: Baker

And assuming Macrae isn't going to be ready?

Uninformed
25-02-2024, 03:20 PM
Has Fridays practice game changed the mind of who's in the mix for round one for you or at least raised some addition questions?

Darcy was impressive, I don't quite know how but he has to be right in the mix for R1
McNeil has had a solid 6 to 8 weeks on the training track and now has a very good performance under his belt in a position we've struggled with.
Macrae really needs to get into full training next week or he's very likely to be out of the running.
Without any real centre bounce attendances I didn't think we got much out Daniel and I wonder if a role change is likely.
Vandermeer did some nice things but perhaps not enough to hold his spot. Might come down to him or Scott
Bramble was okay without grabbing his chance.
West and Williams should have done enough to hold their spots. Gallagher probably didn't do enough.
Coffield is now probably a lock and Khamis right in the mix.

The team we pick in the next practice game will provide more answers.

Agree with your thoughts here. Did you see how Clarke went? It sounded like he did very well in the second game.

GVGjr
25-02-2024, 04:07 PM
Agree with your thoughts here. Did you see how Clarke went? It sounded like he did very well in the second game.

He's performing well especially given he has had his knee strapped over the last week and a half after copping a heavy knock on it.He kicked 4 goals and was genuinely a handful for the Hawks.

Uninformed
25-02-2024, 07:01 PM
He's performing well especially given he has had his knee strapped over the last week and a half after copping a heavy knock on it.He kicked 4 goals and was genuinely a handful for the Hawks.

If he is ready, would he take McNeil's spot? I think West is a lock and McNeil next in line but would love to see a pure crumbing goal-sneak in.

Didn't see enough in Gallagher to say he is AFL ready, nor Bramble. But all of Coffield, Harmes, Buku, Poulter and perhaps Baker look like AFL-quality players. Should give our bottom six a lift this year.

Really liked Cleary's game too. He seemed very quick to the contest to me. Does he have real pace?

Go_Dogs
25-02-2024, 07:05 PM
And assuming Macrae isn't going to be ready?

Yes, I’ve left Macrae out due to injury (makes selecting the side a little easier to be honest). Based on form, would you pick Macrae (leaving aside reputation)?

I also didn’t pick Scott but on reflection he probably should play too (and be in the 22).

It’s a bloody tough side to pick. Maybe it becomes a little clearer next week.

doggies ftw
25-02-2024, 07:18 PM
After yesterday, I?m seeing round 1 as:

FB: Richards Jones Coffield
HB: Dale JOD JJ
C: Williams Libba Poulter
HF: Mcneil Naughton Daniel
FF: Weightman Darcy JUH

C: English Bont Treloar

I: Lobb West Sanders Harmes VDM (sub - prefer his assets to Mcneil and west, but both out performed him yesterday)

Macrae will come in if injury free

Next in line is Buku and Clarke

One of the mids will need to role through half back for rotations.

Also scrapping the sub role and going with a 5 player bench would be ideal for the 4 talls.
I?ll genuinely quit footy if VDM ever plays over West, he is literally 10x the footballer VDM is

The Bulldogs Bite
26-02-2024, 03:00 PM
I'm surprised at the calls for McNeil to play.

A good game against poor opposition in a weakened and glorified training run isn't enough for me to forget about all his shortcomings to date.

hujsh
26-02-2024, 03:29 PM

A good game against poor opposition in a weakened and glorified training run isn't enough for me to forget about all his shortcomings to date.

The first goal he kicked my takeaway was it came about when he didn't have the composure to execute a handball to a teammate under pressure. A second contest was created and West did have the composure and it set up McNeil for a simple finish.

He did some good stuff overall but I still prefer West right now

Go_Dogs
26-02-2024, 06:38 PM

I think it’s more about his run and movement that we need in the front half that we don’t have a huge supply of options available. He’s never going to be an elite finisher under pressure but if he can improve 5% there and add some run / pressure / nous to the front half we haven’t had many capable of doing, let’s play him. If CC comes on quickly it may be short lived, and I think we all still acknowledge that there’s a bit more to play out.

GVGjr
26-02-2024, 07:23 PM

But to back that up he's been performing well in the training sessions and match sims.
If Bevo is true to his word that the R1 side will be the best performed and most ready then he needs to be right in the mix.
It might all change in the next game though.

bornadog
26-02-2024, 08:39 PM
But to back that up he's been performing well in the training sessions and match sims.
If Bevo is true to his word that the R1 side will be the best performed and most ready then he needs to be right in the mix.

Did Bevo say the best Performed? He did say the fittest.

What I noticed about McNeil, was his attack on the ball, the best I have seen from him

mjp
26-02-2024, 10:12 PM

"Selection Integrity" and Bevo aren't always walking hand-in-hand though...once upon a time he would pluck a surprise selection and that player would do EXACTLY what he had been selected for...in recent years though it has seemed like players who were out of form or ill-suited to a role (seemingly) were selected and then 15-mins after bounce-down the efforts to find them a role...ANY role...began.

Anyway, this would be a pretty big change and I think 'gut feel' selection changes have always been a part of the Bevo experience. And he's the coach - he should do what he wants.

bornadog
26-02-2024, 11:43 PM
Did Bevo say the best Performed? He did say the fittest.

What I noticed about McNeil, was his attack on the ball, the best I have seen from him

Check Video here (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/1471851/inner-sanctum-bevos-first-address?videoId=1471851&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1701240310001)

Fittest, strongest and most ready team

FrediKanoute
27-02-2024, 01:06 AM
Check Video here (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/1471851/inner-sanctum-bevos-first-address?videoId=1471851&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1701240310001)

Fittest, strongest and most ready team

As it should be.....of course the Bont is a shoe in...

kllay4
28-02-2024, 02:19 PM
After pre-season game 1:

FB: Dale Jones JJ
HB: Richards O?Donnell Coffield
C: Poulter Libba Williams
HF: Weightman JUH Daniel
FF: Lobb Naughton West

R: English Bont Sanders
IC: Harmes, McNeil, Darcy, Treloar
Sub: Gallagher

Close - Baker, Clarke, Khamis

mjp
28-02-2024, 02:42 PM
After pre-season game 1:

Did you change anything from your pre-season team??

meenies
28-02-2024, 06:40 PM
I'm changing from my last version. Would like to see one or two rested and give a couple of close ones a chance.

FB: Cleary, Buss or Gardner, JJ
HB: Richards, ODonnell, Coffield
C: Poulter, Libba, Gallagher
HF: West, Naughton, Harmes
FF: Lobb, JUH, Weightman

R: English, Macrae, Sanders

IC: Darcy, Clarke, VDM, Daniel
Sub: Williams

Rest - Jones, Bont, Treloar
Maybe still recovering in rehab group today - Dale

GVGjr
28-02-2024, 06:47 PM
Is this for the weekends game against the Hawks?

Mofra
28-02-2024, 06:57 PM
I'm changing from my last version. Would like to see one or two rested and give a couple of close ones a chance.

FB: Cleary, Buss or Gardner, JJ
HB: Richards, ODonnell, Coffield
C: Poulter, Libba, Gallagher
HF: West, Naughton, Harmes
FF: Lobb, JUH, Weightman

R: English, Macrae, Sanders

IC: Darcy, Clarke, VDM, Daniel
Sub: Williams

Rest - Jones, Bont, Treloar
Maybe still recovering in rehab group today - Dale

They've just completed highly individualized, managed-minute pre seasons. What are they resting from?

doggiesin08
28-02-2024, 10:52 PM
After pre-season game 1:

Who is your 7th defender?

meenies
29-02-2024, 07:07 PM
They've just completed highly individualized, managed-minute pre seasons. What are they resting from?
They don't need to prove anything being out there for this game. Tapper them towards round 1 and keep in kid gloves.

my plums
01-03-2024, 12:32 PM
FB: COFF, LJIZZ, BUKU
HB: ED, JOD, DALE
C: TRUCK, LIBBA, HARMES
HF: FLEA, NAUGHTY, ADZ
FF: WEST, JUH, LOBB
R: CHILLI, BONT, SANDERS

INT: DARCY, MACRAE, CD, JJ
SUB: ARTY

Was really tough towards the end of the list. Would love to squeeze Chook in there somewhere. Unsure of Darcy in the 22 but he just has to play. If the talls aren't working you can bring on Arty. Who knows.

mjp
01-03-2024, 07:08 PM
Chook...

Sorry. Who's that now?

GVGjr
01-03-2024, 07:14 PM
Sorry. Who's that now?

Clarke.

mjp
01-03-2024, 08:28 PM
Clarke.

Right. Thanks.

Should I know that? Why is he called Chook??

My uncle Brian gets called Chook (still) because when he was about 3yo (he's in his 70's now but still lecturing in Pneumatics at TAFE) he was in his birthday suit in the back yard and one of the chickens attached itself where it probably caused maximum pain.

Is it a story like that? I could get behind something like that!

Mavericks
02-03-2024, 10:07 PM
HB: Richards Buku Coffield
C: Daniel Libba Williams
HF: Weightman JUH Sanders

R: English Bont Treloar
IC: Harmes, JOD, McNeil, Bramble
Sub: Macrae

Have Macrae as Sub due to limited preseason. Darcy and Lobb will be intense sting this year. I cannot split them but feel Lobb will be given round 1

The Bulldogs Bite
02-03-2024, 10:13 PM
Coffield - Jones - Richards
JJ - Khamis - Dale
Williams - Treloar - Sanders
Weightman - Lobb - Harmes
JUH - Naughton - West
English - Bont - Libba

IC: Daniel, Macrae, Bramble, ?

Undecided on the last spot although I suspect McNeil or Vandermeer could get a nod given we need pressure (but I don't like either if I'm honest). I don't think we can take all of Dale, JOD and Macrae into R1 given their varying limited prep over the last few weeks.

I really want to play Darcy. Perhaps we can justify selecting him given he can play all over the ground. Sub to be somebody like Arty with the idea of subbing a tall if required.

JanLorMill
02-03-2024, 10:32 PM
Coffield - Jones - Richards
JJ - Khamis - Dale
Williams - Treloar - Sanders
Weightman - Lobb - Harmes
JUH - Naughton - West
English - Bont - Libba

IC: Daniel, Macrae, Bramble, ?

Undecided on the last spot although I suspect McNeil or Vandermeer could get a nod given we need pressure (but I don't like either if I'm honest). I don't think we can take all of Dale, JOD and Macrae into R1 given their varying limited prep over the last few weeks.

I really want to play Darcy. Perhaps we can justify selecting him given he can play all over the ground. Sub to be somebody like Arty with the idea of subbing a tall if required.
Agree with the team. Add Dureya or Baker or poulter over VDM or McNeil. JOD the sub

jazzadogs
02-03-2024, 11:39 PM
This is the team I think Bevo will pick:

Coffield Jones Bramble
Richards Khamis JJ
Williams Libba Gallagher
Harmes Naughton West
Weightman Marra Darcy
English Bont Treloar

Sanders McNeill, Daniel, VDM
Sub: Scott

Dale, Macrae, JOD have all been injured. If we are taking in our 'most prepared' team then they can't be in it, imo.

I would seriously consider Darcy in for Lobb - he just looks primed after the pre season. But I suspect Lobb is doing a lot to release Naughton and Marra, which Darcy might not be able to do.

I wasn't convinced by Gallagher on the wing, and thought Bramble played a good offensive game when really we needed a defensive game. Not sure that the alternatives (Poulter/Baker, Duryea) offer more though. Not really sure who plays on Pickett or Fritsch, but I'm looking forward to Buku towelling up Schache.

angelopetraglia
04-03-2024, 01:33 PM
Put in your entry for our team for Round #1 to win prizes!!!!

https://tb.westernbulldogs.com.au/tb_app/498422