PDA

View Full Version : Opposition Training news / Injuries

ledge
01-12-2023, 04:10 PM
Just read MCStay has done his ACL, made me think of what news in the off season from other clubs would make a difference to them. Good or bad.
I am not a big fan of MC stay but he is a tall forward Collingwood need and will now cause a reshape of their forward structure in the off season already.
Any opposition pre season news you might think is worth noting post here .

bornadog
01-12-2023, 04:13 PM
Essendon will have a two day camp in Shepparton - local AFL rep is nieces husband and will arrange accommodation, school visits etc

GVGjr
01-12-2023, 04:15 PM
Just read MCStay has done his ACL, made me think of what news in the off season from other clubs would make a difference to them. Good or bad.
I am not a big fan of MC stay but he is a tall forward Collingwood need and will now cause a reshape of their forward structure in the off season already.
Any opposition pre season news you might think is worth noting post here .

Thanks Ledge, I was just about to start a similar thread after hearing about McStay

ledge
01-12-2023, 04:29 PM
Thanks Ledge, I was just about to start a similar thread after hearing about McStay

You’re welcome just put the cheque in the mail.

ledge
01-12-2023, 04:33 PM
Essendon will have a two day camp in Shepparton - local AFL rep is nieces husband and will arrange accommodation, school visits etc

Can you find out where and maybe drive past tooting your horn all night ?

GVGjr
01-12-2023, 04:39 PM

Way too subtle. I'm thinking more around batter, batter batter whoosh type engagement. :)

Twodogs
01-12-2023, 07:04 PM
Way too subtle. I'm thinking more around batter, batter batter whoosh type engagement. :)

Knock door, run.

bornadog
01-12-2023, 11:29 PM
I do know where

ledge
02-12-2023, 08:05 AM
I do know where

So we trust you to take appropriate action.
Not that it really matters I can’t see the bombers being any different to the last 20 years to be honest.

bulldogsthru&thru
02-12-2023, 10:49 AM
Do the Lions train at the gabba?

Will be interesting to see how they go next season with having to train away from their home. It might show how big of an impact it actually is.

Hotdog60
02-12-2023, 10:53 AM
The Lion train at Springfield in Brisbane's west it a new facility just finished last year.
Before that it was at Coorparoo I believe.

mjp
02-12-2023, 03:22 PM
The Lion train at Springfield in Brisbane's west it a new facility just finished last year.
Before that it was at Coorparoo I believe.

Yeah - they don't train there...Training access has been a long term issue for them hence the new facility.

Sedat
04-12-2023, 01:16 PM
Just read MCStay has done his ACL
Those cramped cubicles can be a real health hazard

GVGjr
04-12-2023, 02:12 PM
Those cramped cubicles can be a real health hazard

From experience Sedat? :)

jeemak
04-12-2023, 02:36 PM
From experience Sedat? :)

They have an off the map "facility" at The Social that has plenty of space.

GVGjr
05-12-2023, 05:39 PM
West Coast midfielder Dom Sheed has a hot spot on his foot that will see him put on a modified training program.

The Eagles revealed the news in a small press release, only elaborating that Sheed will be on a modified load in pre-season with further assessment required.

It comes after the 28-year-old midfielder was spotted wearing a moon boot during a school clinic on Tuesday.

It’s another injury blow for Sheed, who was limited to just one AFL appearance in 2022 and 15 in 2023 after battling an array of injuries.

The Eagles have also revealed that developing tall Archer Reid is battling a knee issue that will also place the 2023 pick no.30 on a limited program.