PDA

View Full Version : Bulldogs pre-season fixture locked in

bornadog
12-12-2023, 03:19 PM
Link (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/1477075/bulldogs-pre-season-fixture-locked-in)

2024 AFL Community Series

Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs
Saturday, March 2, 6:10pm AEDT
UTAS Stadium, Launceston ? Palawa
Broadcast: Fox Footy, Kayo

The Western Bulldogs pre-season arrangements have been confirmed ahead of the 2024 season.

The Bulldogs will take on Hawthorn in their AFL Community Series fixture on Saturday, March 2 at the University of Tasmania Stadium.

The pre-season match will begin at 6.10pm and be broadcast live on Fox Footy.

The AFL has also confirmed the modified rules for the Community Series, which includes:

*Four quarters of 20 mins plus time on (as per AFL Premiership Season)
*Squad of 30 players, eight interchange and four emergencies. Minimum of four players on the interchange bench during the match at any time
*No interchange cap
*Full panel of umpires appointed by the AFL

Tickets for the AFL Community Series will go on sale in February, with further information to be communicated in late January.

bornadog
12-12-2023, 03:19 PM
Only one game again

jeemak
12-12-2023, 03:30 PM
Not enough rule changes for me.

I want to see Super Goals, no kicking backwards unless you lodge paperwork prior to the game or between quarters seeking permission to do so, the kick out zone being extended to the start of the centre square, and more!

azabob
12-12-2023, 03:41 PM
Only one game again

As like previous season we will have the choice if we want to play another club in a practice game. Will be interesting if we do that or not.

jeemak
12-12-2023, 03:44 PM
As like previous season we will have the choice if we want to play another club in a practice game. Will be interesting if we do that or not.

I hope we do. Drinking our own piss didn't help us last year after thrashing Norf with four talls in the forward line.

Axe Man
12-12-2023, 04:07 PM
Not enough rule changes for me.

I want to see Super Goals, no kicking backwards unless you lodge paperwork prior to the game or between quarters seeking permission to do so, the kick out zone being extended to the start of the centre square, and more!

I've been campaigning for multi-ball for years. I live in hope.

jeemak
12-12-2023, 04:29 PM
I've been campaigning for multi-ball for years. I live in hope.

A friend of a friend came up with if the ball hits the goal post off the boot another ball appears in the centre of the ground and it's multi-ball until a goal is kicked. I kind of like how something relatively rare like the ball hitting the goal post triggers something completely ridiculous.

Axe Man
12-12-2023, 05:03 PM
Given all the interstate teams are playing each other in match sims the prior week and the only Victorian games confirmed so far are North v Pies and Saints v Bombers we still have the option of organising a game I guess.

It won't be Hawthorn or Melbourne I assume, so lets see if we organise a game against Geelong, Richmond or Carlton.

weltschmerz
13-12-2023, 11:15 AM
We're Hawthorn's bunnies in Tassie and they're set to improve a lot. If we win, it'll be a welcome surprise and show that we're heading in the right direction.

Dazza
13-12-2023, 01:46 PM
Hopefully qe can organise an unofficial game with another side this year

SonofScray
13-12-2023, 06:10 PM
I’ll be frustrated if we don’t engage in the option for a sec8md competitive match sim.

Eastdog
13-12-2023, 07:51 PM
I?ll be frustrated if we don?t engage in the option for a sec8md competitive match sim.

Another game against another team would be ideal. We need to engage a lot more than we do to get this happen.

I reckon we should engage in getting a marquee game very Easter Sunday in the evening as a replacement for losing Good Friday. We could play the Saints at that time and turn it into a yearly game.

Mantis
14-12-2023, 09:49 AM
I’ll be frustrated if we don’t engage in the option for a sec8md competitive match sim.

And hopefully against a team expected to finish in the top 8... last seasons warm up against North did nothing to get us ready for the season proper and facing another lowly ranked team this time around isn't ideal either.

Happy Days
14-12-2023, 11:37 AM
And hopefully against a team expected to finish in the top 8... last seasons warm up against North did nothing to get us ready for the season proper and facing another lowly ranked team this time around isn't ideal either.

Maybe, but it was also very sick and probably the highlight of the year. I say do it again.

Eastdog
14-12-2023, 11:59 AM

For sure Mantis. Need to play a quality opponent as well to give us the best preparation.

The Bulldogs Bite
14-12-2023, 01:40 PM
Hawthorn are a good competitive outfit to play, but agree we need another hitout against real opposition, even more so given Melbourne will have an extra game on us.

Axe Man
18-12-2023, 04:10 PM
Playing Hawthorn twice in pre season :confused:

Bulldogs to host Hawks at VU Whitten Oval (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/1478497/bulldogs-to-host-hawks-at-vu-whitten-oval)

The AFL Bulldogs will return to hosting duties at VU Whitten Oval next year, meeting Hawthorn in an AFL match simulation training session in February.

It will mark the first time the AFL program has faced opposition at the Footscray headquarters since the redevelopment began.

The match simulation will be held on Friday 23 February from 11am AEDT, a week before the two sides go head-to-head again in Tasmania in the AFL Community Series.

The hit-out will be broadcast exclusively via Kayo Sports.

More information regarding public access will be confirmed in due course.

angelopetraglia
18-12-2023, 04:13 PM
I have seen some stupid things in my time. But that does sound absurd. There are 17 potential opponents. Yet we are playing the same one twice and as only our oppoonent prior to the proper season commencing. What the?

Axe Man
18-12-2023, 04:23 PM
I have seen some stupid things in my time. But that does sound absurd. There are 17 potential opponents. Yet we are playing the same one twice and as only our oppoonent prior to the proper season commencing. What the?

There wasn't really. The interstate teams are all playing each other in their home states and some Vic teams had already announced fixtures. As I posted on the previous page I thought our only possible opponents would be Geelong, Richmond or Carlton thinking that we wouldn't play Hawthorn (playing them the following week) or Melbourne (round 1).

hujsh
18-12-2023, 04:31 PM
There wasn't really. The interstate teams are all playing each other in their home states and some Vic teams had already announced fixtures. As I posted on the previous page I thought our only possible opponents would be Geelong, Richmond or Carlton thinking that we wouldn't play Hawthorn (playing them the following week) or Melbourne (round 1).

And to think you think you're ready to run a contracts thread

Grantysghost
18-12-2023, 04:51 PM
And to think you think you're ready to run a contracts thread

Time for a fresh voice.

ledge
18-12-2023, 06:49 PM
I say let the hawks win both then smack them when it matters.

Eastdog
18-12-2023, 07:45 PM

Yeah I know what you mean. It is a bit strange.

The Hawks though aren?t are bad team to play against right now to challenge us and they were highly competitive last year and beat some really good teams.

The hit out against North last pre season was too easy for us and I think we needed to play another unofficial match against a more highly competitive team to challenge us more.