PDA

View Full Version : Lake up forward one day?

Dry Rot
20-04-2008, 06:48 PM
If we ever had the luxury of not desperately needing Lake down back, I wonder how he'd go up forward?

Seems to like venturing up there when he can.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
20-04-2008, 07:28 PM
If we ever had the luxury of not desperately needing Lake down back, I wonder how he'd go up forward?

Seems to like venturing up there when he can.

His mark at the death of the game certainly raised my eyebrows. Pity it won't be some time until we have the luxury of seeing this happen with regularity, cause I reckon he'd handle it with more aplomb than he did early in his career.

LostDoggy
20-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Personally id love to see BRIAAAN up forward, because he has a strong body and can take a good mark as we saw today. But untill we can get a solid backman, he will be staying down there..

ledge
20-04-2008, 07:32 PM
It might not be that far away when Williams and Everitt come into the side.

wimberga
20-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Lake saved us today with that mark, but then if he hadnt taken it, its most likely it would have spilled and anything could have happened. However, im of the opinion that we dont really NEED him down in the forward line with the setup at the moment, and when he is winning the Best and Fairest playing as a fullback, i say keep him there with license to move forward such as he does now.

1eyedog
20-04-2008, 07:46 PM
It might not be that far away when Williams and Everitt come into the side.

Exactly, if Williams, Everitt, Wight and Morris can hold things down back Lake would be excellent up forward because he is quick off the mark and has good hands.

LostDoggy
20-04-2008, 08:03 PM
INJURIES
Western Bulldogs: Lake (back spasm), Johnson (calf)

off the afl website...i jus thought it was a cramp..should be right for next week you'd assume

Sockeye Salmon
20-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Why does everyone think he can be a forward because he takes one contested mark?

I would rather see Scott Welsh take 5 chest marks on the lead than a big bloke take 1 contested mark.

Twodogs
20-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Why does everyone think he can be a forward because he takes one contested mark?

I would rather see Scott Welsh take 5 chest marks on the lead than a big bloke take 1 contested mark.

Today excepted of course.

LostDoggy
20-04-2008, 10:34 PM

lol if 1 contested mark = 1 goal
and 5 shots of welsh = 5 points.
perhaps it is worth it.

Welsh, very bad day.. hes worst performance ive ever seen.. given his opportunities
Hope he can redeem himself next week.
We need to wake up a little bit after todays draw.. We are in dire need of scott wests return.

LostDoggy
20-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Well today we would have been better off playing Lake up forward possibly at CHF.
He hardly ever had a man in defence.

wimberga
21-04-2008, 12:20 AM
lol if 1 contested mark = 1 goal
and 5 shots of welsh = 5 points.
perhaps it is worth it.

Welsh, very bad day.. hes worst performance ive ever seen.. given his opportunities
Hope he can redeem himself next week.
We need to wake up a little bit after todays draw.. We are in dire need of scott wests return.

I know Welsh is a forward and he needs to kick goals, and if that is what you base your ratings on then yes he did have a shocker. Being at the gamei had the joy of watching him use all the cleverness he has to outsmart his opponents, aswell as taking a heap of important marks that were both contested and uncontested. In terms of every other aspect bar his kicking, he was at his best.

LostDoggy
21-04-2008, 12:34 AM
Had Welsh kicked an early one of the 5 I would have had in the votes. He was our only target early and his marks very good. His confidence left him after about the 3rd miss.

1eyedog
21-04-2008, 09:44 AM

It's just getting thrown around. It's a possibility one day, even as a pinch hitter like yesterday. Why shouldn't Lake play forward one day? Minson can't hold his contested marks up there and Lake's mark was a strong one. I personally think Eade was completely out of ideas though. Don't even get me started on Scott Welsh!

LostDoggy
21-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Don't even get me started on Scott Welsh!

Why?
He was hardly the worst yesterday. He missed 5 shots but wasn't the first or won't be the last.

1eyedog
21-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Why?
He was hardly the worst yesterday. He missed 5 shots but wasn't the first or won't be the last.

Because he is there to kick goals Ernie. Geez 30m out and five shots at them. Sure he got himself into good space to receive the ball, but that does not mean anything if you can't convert. I'm a Scott Welsh fan but seriously my 58 year old uncle who played full forward for Bannockburn could have slotted at least two of them. He is paid to kick goals, that's all he has to do lead, mark and kick. It is the easiest job on the ground, seriously. It was so frustrating, but you're right, so were so many other things on the day.

SquirrelGrip
21-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Are there any early reports on his condition? Anything from TV or radio?

Terry Wallace says he'll be OK to play next week... ;)

LostDoggy
21-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Double sorry

LostDoggy
21-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Because he is there to kick goals Ernie. Geez 30m out and five shots at them. Sure he got himself into good space to receive the ball, but that does not mean anything if you can't convert. I'm a Scott Welsh fan but seriously my 58 year old uncle who played full forward for Bannockburn could have slotted at least two of them. He is paid to kick goals, that's all he has to do lead, mark and kick. It is the easiest job on the ground, seriously. It was so frustrating, but you're right, so were so many other things on the day.
Your 58 uncle would never have got the ball in the first place. :)
His confidence was shot after the 3rd kick. Its the first ever time he hasn't kicked a goal at the TD. He is allowed a bit of leeway given his first 4 games at the club.

1eyedog
21-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Your 58 uncle would never have got the ball in the first place. :)
His confidence was shot after the 3rd kick. Its the first ever time he hasn't kicked a goal at the TD. He is allowed a bit of leeway given his first 4 games at the club.

Your a gentleman. It was just very frustrating watching that run up and all those misses. I understand it's a lot harder than it looks;) and I am still a Scott Welsh fan. Poor kicking loses matches and we lost because of it.

wimberga
22-04-2008, 12:57 AM
im pretty sure we drew :)