PDA

View Full Version : Bulldogs V Suns - Round 2, 24/3/24 Mars Stadium, Ballarat 1.00pm

Pages : 1 [2]

hujsh
24-03-2024, 03:45 PM
Does this maybe serve as some evidence that the team is actually pretty fit despite our histrionics over the last quarter last week? Winning the last quarter in Ballarat against the wind and 'undefeated' opposition surely is a better indication than being overrun in our first match against a team playing their second?

GVGjr
24-03-2024, 03:45 PM
Any news on Ed

He's not good. Very dizzy.

DOG GOD
24-03-2024, 03:46 PM
Naughton, a lot better player up the field. A great mark leading out and good below the knees. Just wished we used that more. As usual, a little required from those bottom 4 players.

hujsh
24-03-2024, 03:46 PM
He's such a big man. I really want to get me jollies over it.

I think Jee has turned Pommy

jeemak
24-03-2024, 03:47 PM
Does this maybe serve as some evidence that the team is actually pretty fit despite our histrionics over the last quarter last week? Winning the last quarter in Ballarat against the wind and 'undefeated' opposition surely is a better indication than being overrun in our first match against a team playing their second?

I only think it counts if the wind is even stronger and it's the top team we're playing.

Testekill
24-03-2024, 03:47 PM
He's such a big man. I really want to get me jollies over it.

It's like how Brereton was drooling over Crossley's mum a few years ago.

DOG GOD
24-03-2024, 03:48 PM

Possibly, but GC were almost over run last week against Crows. So it might say about them to.
It was a great effort into the wind and we certainly didn’t look as laconic in the last like last week.

Happy Days
24-03-2024, 03:49 PM
Fantastic win.

What are the journo's going to wank over this week?

Can only assume they?ll be Essendon edging all week

angelopetraglia
24-03-2024, 03:50 PM
Macrae with a lazy 47 touches in the VFL. Ha.

DOG GOD
24-03-2024, 03:52 PM
Macrae with a lazy 47 touches in the VFL. Ha.

Surely offers more than Poulter.

jeemak
24-03-2024, 03:52 PM
I really want to sack the **** out of Bevo right now.

angelopetraglia
24-03-2024, 03:54 PM
Surely offers more than Poulter.

Also a lazy 17 clearances.

Grantysghost
24-03-2024, 04:00 PM
I can't believe how shit English is.
I watched him closely today.

No other ruck in the league can do what he does.

He basically becomes an on baller after the ruck contest. He slides back when needed, he goes forward and is genuinely dangerous, lays tackles, runs all day. Freak of a human.

mjp
24-03-2024, 04:01 PM
Also a lazy 17 clearances.

This is gonna sound dumb, but what I want from our listed players when they play in the VFL is that they 'LOOK' like AFL players.

Same thing I want when a VFL player gets dropped to the reserves - they play reserves but 'LOOK' like they should be in the seniors. I could not love Macrae any more for doing this. 100% he *should* do it, but just going to the VFL and smacking it out of the park is exactly the message that needs to be sent to the rest of the players....you want a game? Well, here's what you do. Don't knock gently on the door. Bash it down. And if you have to bash it down again the next week, well, that's what you do.

jeemak
24-03-2024, 04:02 PM

He basically becomes an on baller after the ruck contest. He slides back when needed, he goes forward and is genuinely dangerous, lays tackles, runs all day. Freak of a human.

But you need to focus on what he doesn't do mate.

angelopetraglia
24-03-2024, 04:04 PM
This is gonna sound dumb, but what I want from our listed players when they play in the VFL is that they 'LOOK' like AFL players.

Same thing I want when a VFL player gets dropped to the reserves - they play reserves but 'LOOK' like they should be in the seniors. I could not love Macrae any more for doing this. 100% he *should* do it, but just going to the VFL and smacking it out of the park is exactly the message that needs to be sent to the rest of the players....you want a game? Well, here's what you do. Don't knock gently on the door. Bash it down. And if you have to bash it down again the next week, well, that's what you do.

Well said

angelopetraglia
24-03-2024, 04:04 PM

Also had eight tackles today Tim. Eight!!!!!!!

jeemak
24-03-2024, 04:06 PM
Tim lost the hit outs today. Discuss.

DOG GOD
24-03-2024, 04:06 PM

He had a better 2nd half for sure. He had a pretty good game overall I’ll give you that, but he really should’ve taken Moyle to the cleaners, like Gawn does to him. And yeah he’s a $750,000 ruckman. He’s not a million dollar ruckman.

The Underdog
24-03-2024, 04:08 PM

But he won my heart

Grantysghost
24-03-2024, 04:10 PM
He had a better 2nd half for sure. He had a pretty good game overall I’ll give you that, but he really should’ve taken Moyle to the cleaners, like Gawn does to him. And yeah he’s a $750,000 ruckman. He’s not a million dollar ruckman.
It's like Obi Wan said, these are not the droids you're looking for.
Same with Tim. If you're looking for a Draper bash and crash you're pissing into the wind.

What we do have is something very unique. A real point of difference and a massive headache for any opposition.
I'm glad hes in the tri colours.

EasternWest
24-03-2024, 04:10 PM

Trade.

DadBod
24-03-2024, 04:11 PM
Anyone who thinks Tim was poor today didn't watch the same game as me. He got beat in the HOs but his tap work was excellent. Adding to that:
15 touches
8 contested
8 tackles (second most for us)
6 Mark's (3 intercepts)
68% Disposal efficiency
3 Clearances.

He was great.

jeemak
24-03-2024, 04:12 PM
I think most people agree he was great, and are just having a bit of fun with it. It's the game day thread, after all.

EasternWest
24-03-2024, 04:12 PM
I think most people agree he was great, and are just having a bit of fun with it. It's the game day thread, after all.

Trade jeemak

DOG GOD
24-03-2024, 04:13 PM
It's like Obi Wan said, these are not the droids you're looking for.
Same with Tim. If you're looking for a Draper bash and crash you're pissing into the wind.

What we do have is something very unique. A real point of difference and a massive headache for any opposition.
I'm glad hes in the tri colours.

I am too, don’t get me wrong. He could easily play a tall follower role, similar to that of Richo in his twilight years.
He’s got traits, some other ruckman don’t have, yes true, but I just want him to really monster games against lesser opposition.

ledge
24-03-2024, 04:15 PM
We had a 48 point win and still the negative comments .
I think we had a few stand outs but overall a team effort.
They all did something when needed.
Feel sorry for Richards he was on fire and hopefully Coffield isn’t too bad.
I think Harmes and Macrae will come back in to cover Richards and Coffield.

BornInDroopSt'54
24-03-2024, 04:20 PM
I mentioned this on the non-negotiables thread.
It's pretty obvious - when we tackle, we win
I call it mongrel.
Zen is great but nothing beats basic, instinctive mongrel.
Ask Ted.

Bulldog4life
24-03-2024, 04:22 PM
We had a 48 point win and still the negative comments .
I think we had a few stand outs but overall a team effort.
They all did something when needed.
Feel sorry for Richards he was on fire and hopefully Coffield isn’t too bad.
I think Harmes and Macrae will come back in to cover Richards and Coffield.

Different positions

BornInDroopSt'54
24-03-2024, 04:26 PM
I mentioned this on the non-negotiables thread.
It's pretty obvious - when we tackle, we win
I call it mongrel.
Zen is great but nothing beats basic, instinctive mongrel.
Ask Ted.
It is so good that we emphatically reclaimed Ballarat as our hunting ground, our oval with passion to exorcise the devil of last year.

ledge
24-03-2024, 04:27 PM
Different positions

I know that but we look to have covered both positions by what we did today.

kruder
24-03-2024, 04:32 PM
I thought Tim was good in the first(outside of his first boundary throw in when he was behind again) but average after that. I thought Moyle well and truly held his own after the first.

Bramble was really good again, neat kick and shows a little bit of composure which is lacking in our group.

Libba Vs Rowell was bloody awesome to watch, well done to both of them.

We still had a number of passengers but it was a step in the right direction, it was good to see how effective an intercept marking can be when you under pressure and also 3 goals in a row from turnover in the third helped settle the ship.

kickit2Koly
24-03-2024, 04:32 PM
Did he hit him? Didn?t look like it

looked a legit spoil attempt, just late.

BornInDroopSt'54
24-03-2024, 04:34 PM
Our percentage is in the positive.

angelopetraglia
24-03-2024, 04:52 PM
What happened to VDM? He went down like he was shot. Made a bigger comeback than Lazarus.

GVGjr
24-03-2024, 04:54 PM
What happened to VDM? He went down like he was shot. Made a bigger comeback than Lazarus.
His knee cap moved off kilter. It took a while for the medicos to put it back.

angelopetraglia
24-03-2024, 04:55 PM
Game still to be won in last quarter. What does Bont do?

11 touches. 6 contested possesions. Kicks an incredible goal to seal it.

angelopetraglia
24-03-2024, 04:58 PM
We are witnessing greatness every single week. Marcus Bontempelli. I love Bont.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
24-03-2024, 04:59 PM
Absolutely needed to get the win today, this has released the pressure a bit. We need to to generate some momentum now, in what looks a fairly tough little spell ahead - even Wet Toast - given the result last year is going to be served some inbuilt tension.

angelopetraglia
24-03-2024, 04:59 PM
His knee cap moved off kilter. It took a while for the medicos to put it back.

Ouch!!!!

He came back on and looked to be moving fine. Hopefully pulls up OK.

G-Mo77
24-03-2024, 05:06 PM
Watched this on delay. Impressive performance. They came at as hard at stages of the game ans we always settled when needed.

The battle between Libba and Rowell which was highlighted in the telecast made really good viewing.

kickit2Koly
24-03-2024, 05:13 PM
Really happy with Sanders progress. 22 touches @ 86% and 6 clearances with 308m gained is big. He looked like he struggled a little with the pace of the game last week but dealt with it much better today. He is very clean by both hand and foot.

i thought Gags was super impressive in the first half also.

josie
24-03-2024, 05:17 PM
Watched this on delay. Impressive performance. They came at as hard at stages of the game ans we always settled when needed.

The battle between Libba and Rowell which was highlighted in the telecast made really good viewing.

I thought Libba was magnificent today. Bont was too, as always at his best Bont looks like superhuman. Libba more a Toyota Land Cruiser, just keeps scrapping away & very few if any blind kicks plus both had a few good tackles too.

josie
24-03-2024, 05:18 PM
Really happy with Sanders progress. 22 touches @ 86% and 6 clearances with 308m gained is big. He looked like he struggled a little with the pace of the game last week but dealt with it much better today. He is very clean by both hand and foot.

i thought Gags was super impressive in the first half also.

Yep-both Sanders and Gags look good, hopefully both will keep improving. Bramble ok too. Found a few good ones. We need to.

ledge
24-03-2024, 06:05 PM
How bad are the commentators on tv , now they can’t even add up, apparently 63 to 35 is a 21 point lead. Didn’t say it once, didn’t say it twice but 3 times.
Made it quite funny, I watched it with a mate and we got to 45 in front and my mate says we haven’t won it yet it’s only 21 points.

The Bulldogs Bite
24-03-2024, 06:06 PM
Will watch the replay properly tonight, is Coffield suspected to be out long?

I wonder if we can only play one of him or Khamis anyway?

merantau
24-03-2024, 06:06 PM
Watched the game on Kayo, worked on a building project during the breaks, haven't read any of this tread. Here's my take away from the game: 1) It was a very good team performance. Lesser lights had very good games - Bramble, Baker, Khamis, Poulter, West. 2) Caleb Daniel should never be out of the team. 3) Tom Liberatore is a once in a generation contested beast. 4) Liam Jones is a key player down back. 4) Ed Richards is an attacking defender along with JJ. 5) Sam Darcy will be a star. 6) Rylee Sanders looks like he's played 50 games not 2! 7) When Cody Weightman is on he creates havoc for the opposition 8) The Bont is in his prime as a footballer. 9) the umpiring was very ordinary 10) our delivery into the forward line is still poor. 11) Tim English worries me. To lower his colours to a kid playing his 3rd game - that's a worry. 12) The Suns are a good side. They has two good scalps under their belt and came to play. Even though they were crushed in the first quarter they didn't throw in the towel. They kept coming at us, testing us but we had the answers.
And finally two players who had easy shots at the beginning of the last failed. We simply must improve in the area.

angelopetraglia
24-03-2024, 06:09 PM
Bevo

-There was a disconnect in what we were trying to do last week
-We defended much better as a group today
-There was some exciting ball movement and converting
-We have not coped well when we have lost a player previously
-Bailey Williams to go back and cover and we steadied was good
-Intercepted well today, it helped we had a lot more pressure on the ball
-Our team respect their midfield, our boys were really strong against them
-I thought Sam and Tim were great in the ruck
-Riley Sanders contributed well today
-We were pretty firm on not throwing the toys out after one game
-We walked away from the MCG disconcerted, we didn't want to search too far from what we were doing
-Our coaches did a terrific job during the week
-The message to the group was enjoy the win, but let's move on quickly
-Cody is a handful for any defender and he played an important role for us
-That small forward role is the hardest role on the gorund to play, great to see him get some reward
-Cody is a great finisher, he defends well but he is a dangerous forward
-It started with the midfield brigade geting on top early
-Caleb was really professional, he is such a great team man, he is a terrific leader, you need to find the right role for him week in, week out
-He didn't get leather poisning today, but he role was critical to the team's performance
-Buku had a good lead into the season, but last week was challenging, but he was super today, read the game well
-Macrae, it is not as if we didn't consider him this week, Jack is still in a build, but on today there is enough evidence he is ready, he will be a big chance to come in, but it is a team balance thing, the five that rotated through the midfield today did nothing wrong
-Coffield has had that shoulder injured before, that shoulder is pretty unstable, I would imagine he will be out for a while
-Good for Baker to finish like that, he was stiff to miss round #1

SonofScray
24-03-2024, 06:18 PM
What a relief to see us perform at a decent standard, kick goals, defend in the clinches with some grit and pick a fight as needed. Good investment in the contest and some passages of play that reflected a good side, capable of moving the ball well.

All our key guys did what we should expect of them. Then some solid support from the next tier. Buku, Darcy, and Bramble really gave us something extra from that tier at important moments.

ledge
24-03-2024, 06:19 PM
Watched the game on Kayo, worked on a building project during the breaks, haven't read any of this tread. Here's my take away from the game: 1) It was a very good team performance. Lesser lights had very good games - Bramble, Baker, Khamis, Poulter, West. 2) Caleb Daniel should never be out of the team. 3) Tom Liberatore is a once in a generation contested beast. 4) Liam Jones is a key player down back. 4) Ed Richards is an attacking defender along with JJ. 5) Sam Darcy will be a star. 6) Rylee Sanders looks like he's played 50 games not 2! 7) When Cody Weightman is on he creates havoc for the opposition 8) The Bont is in his prime as a footballer. 9) the umpiring was very ordinary 10) our delivery into the forward line is still poor. 11) Tim English worries me. To lower his colours to a kid playing his 3rd game - that's a worry. 12) The Suns are a good side. They has two good scalps under their belt and came to play. Even though they were crushed in the first quarter they didn't throw in the towel. They kept coming at us, testing us but we had the answers.
And finally two players who had easy shots at the beginning of the last failed. We simply must improve in the area.

I think you underestimated English in this but I completely agree with everything else. Team effort.

Happy Days
24-03-2024, 06:42 PM
I missed the game because making fun of Jeemak gave me a horrible karma induced migraine and have only just left bed for the first time today. Going to assume that we won in spite of everyone being terrible?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
24-03-2024, 06:46 PM
I missed the game because making fun of Jeemak gave me a horrible karma induced migraine and have only just left bed for the first time today. Going to assume that we won in spite of everyone being terrible?

Thank goodness we won then.

EasternWest
24-03-2024, 07:06 PM

Trade Happy Days

EasternWest
24-03-2024, 07:08 PM
Game still to be won in last quarter. What does Bont do?

11 touches. 6 contested possesions. Kicks an incredible goal to seal it.

We are witnessing greatness every single week. Marcus Bontempelli. I love Bont.

hashtag just Bont things.

Credit where it's due, our guys were solid to good today and responded well after last week. Gold coast aren't a pushover, even without Witts and our performance today was mostly what we needed to see.

Eastdog
24-03-2024, 07:34 PM
Really solid win today. That early clearance game in the first quarter really set us up with 9 goals.

SonofScray
24-03-2024, 07:59 PM
Cody’s bag covered the full gamut of forward craft.

Super impressed watching the replay. He did it all.

jazzadogs
24-03-2024, 08:00 PM
Caleb Daniel covered the most distance (15.7km) at the highest average speed (9.2km/hr).

Barely best 22 if you ask me.

Grantysghost
24-03-2024, 08:09 PM
Caleb Daniel covered the most distance (15.7km) at the highest average speed (9.2km/hr).

Barely best 22 if you ask me.
Maybe the lift in expectations has worked.

Eastdog
24-03-2024, 08:12 PM
Anyone who thinks Tim was poor today didn't watch the same game as me. He got beat in the HOs but his tap work was excellent. Adding to that:
15 touches
8 contested
8 tackles (second most for us)
6 Mark's (3 intercepts)
68% Disposal efficiency
3 Clearances.

He was great.

Liked his game today. Witts was out for them today but yeah he was on top. Was bullied last week by Gawn.

angelopetraglia
24-03-2024, 08:13 PM
Distance Covered

Caleb 15.7km
Anderson 15.3km
Fiorini 14.8km
Ellis 14.6km
Flanders 14.0km

High speed distance covered

Bramble 2.7km
Fiorini 2.6km
Ellis 2.6km
Holman 2.5km
Miller 2.3km

Total Sprints

Holman 24
JJ 21
VDM 21
Bramble 20
Berry 20

Repeat Sprints

Holman 4
Atkins 4
Berry 4
Williams 3
VDM 3

You can see why we selected Bramble and persist with VDM.

Eastdog
24-03-2024, 08:14 PM
Turnover game is the in thing now in footy. How much did we score from turnover and stoppages? I know we scored a few very early through stoppage.

angelopetraglia
24-03-2024, 09:14 PM
Dimma. They took 16 marking intercepts in their D50. That is the game.

angelopetraglia
24-03-2024, 09:26 PM
Robbo (The tackle)

Dogs respond

If the Dogs lose, Luke Beveridge can’t coach, according to some. If the Dogs win, as they did on Sunday, it’s because Bontempelli, Liberatore, English and Weightman starred and they took a club record 28 intercept marks. It’s an unfair narrative about the coach. Beveridge had his team ginned up for the Suns contest and got great return from Buku Khamis, Oskar Baker and Lachie Bramble, three players Beveridge maintained the faith with. “Bevo’s messaging was really positive … take to them and see if they can handle the heat,” six-goal hero Weightman told Fox Footy in the post-match. The Dogs defended with purpose in the air and kicked 18.7 in attack, and for that, the players deserve the plaudits. But so, too, does Beveridge. He put in place a plan and the players responded. Liberatore vs. Rowell was a highlight, Sam Darcy played defence and forward and, gee, he’s going to be some sort of player. And Ryley Sanders’ six clearances was third most behind ‘Bont’ and ‘Libba’. This was the Dogs at their all-round best, and with Jack Macrae amassing 47 disposals and 17 clearances in the VFL, the team can only get better. Now, will the Beveridge critics pull their heads in?

SonofScray
24-03-2024, 10:50 PM
Robbo (The tackle)

Dogs respond

If the Dogs lose, Luke Beveridge can’t coach, according to some. If the Dogs win, as they did on Sunday, it’s because Bontempelli, Liberatore, English and Weightman starred and they took a club record 28 intercept marks. It’s an unfair narrative about the coach. Beveridge had his team ginned up for the Suns contest and got great return from Buku Khamis, Oskar Baker and Lachie Bramble, three players Beveridge maintained the faith with. “Bevo’s messaging was really positive … take to them and see if they can handle the heat,” six-goal hero Weightman told Fox Footy in the post-match. The Dogs defended with purpose in the air and kicked 18.7 in attack, and for that, the players deserve the plaudits. But so, too, does Beveridge. He put in place a plan and the players responded. Liberatore vs. Rowell was a highlight, Sam Darcy played defence and forward and, gee, he’s going to be some sort of player. And Ryley Sanders’ six clearances was third most behind ‘Bont’ and ‘Libba’. This was the Dogs at their all-round best, and with Jack Macrae amassing 47 disposals and 17 clearances in the VFL, the team can only get better. Now, will the Beveridge critics pull their heads in?

No, Robbo. We won’t. Not yet.

Enjoyed the win and the performance but no one is off the hook. Need to see the form franked against the best and repeated under duress. Expectations are rightfully high. There’s no ticker tape parades in R2 for winning against a solid opponent off Broadway.

Where I will point to that gives me some hope is the centre bounce where Gags, Sanders and Bont presented, and the performance of Darcy. That we rolled them through and these guys are playing and being given a good look is the stuff that’ll help make footy fun to watch again, instead of the listless, rote repetitious shit football Bevo has had us dishing up. That’s a tick for the revamped coaching set up.

Uninformed
25-03-2024, 12:44 AM

I thought making fun of Jeemak was one of the good karmas. Pass the Pannadol will you?

D Mitchell
25-03-2024, 06:46 AM
Robbo (The tackle)

.....and for that, the players deserve the plaudits. But so, too, does Beveridge. He put in place a plan and the players responded. Liberatore vs. Rowell was a highlight, Sam Darcy played defence and forward and, gee, he’s going to be some sort of player. And Ryley Sanders’ six clearances was third most behind ‘Bont’ and ‘Libba’. This was the Dogs at their all-round best, and with Jack Macrae amassing 47 disposals and 17 clearances in the VFL, the team can only get better. Now, will the Beveridge critics pull their heads in?

I didn't watch, let alone attend, so I don't know how accurate this is but I like the logic and corroborating detail.

lemmon
25-03-2024, 07:46 AM
One thing that's gone under the radar was that Sanders had 6 clearances - equal third highest on the ground and as many as Rowell.

jazzadogs
25-03-2024, 07:50 AM
Robbo (The tackle)

Dogs respond

Am I wrong in thinking that slobbo was just as critical as anyone else after last week?

azabob
25-03-2024, 07:53 AM
One thing that's gone under the radar was that Sanders had 6 clearances - equal third highest on the ground and as many as Rowell.

When he was in the CBA rotations in the 3rd quarter he looked like a damn natural midfielder and influenced the game. The big question is how do we get him in there more often because he is all at sea as a HFF

jazzadogs
25-03-2024, 08:27 AM
When he was in the CBA rotations in the 3rd quarter he looked like a damn natural midfielder and influenced the game. The big question is how do we get him in there more often because he is all at sea as a HFF

The simple solution is to bring in Macrae and further dilute Sanders' midfield time :p

ledge
25-03-2024, 09:13 AM
Sanders is a gun but I’m not sure he is the hard in under type yet.
I like him as a player who sits outside the hard stuff waiting for the receive from libba as his disposal is incredible.
I don’t want him and Libba going the same ball.
Rather he stood a metre from the pack and learnt from Libba at this stage.
Must say yesterday how many times did libba rip the ball out of a players arms and run out of a pack with it , he had unbelievable strength,

angelopetraglia
25-03-2024, 04:48 PM
Coaches Votes

10 Bont
8 Cody
3 English
3 Libba
2 Collins
2 Jones
1 Miller
1 Treloar

So the coaches were aligned on the 5 votes and 4 votes. But went with three completely different players for the other votes.

hujsh
25-03-2024, 04:49 PM
Coaches Votes

10 Bont
8 Cody
3 English
3 Libba
2 Collins
2 Jones
1 Miller
1 Libba

So the coaches were aligned on the 5 votes and 4 votes. But went with three completely different players for the other votes.

Was someone else meant to be one of them?

Grantysghost
25-03-2024, 04:49 PM
Collins was great.

Not sure Miller deserved votes. Was the best of their mids i guess.

bornadog
25-03-2024, 04:54 PM
Collins was great.

Not sure Miller deserved votes. Was the best of their mids i guess.

Baker stiff with 19 disposals and 3 goals

hujsh
25-03-2024, 04:58 PM

Treloar was the other with 1 vote

angelopetraglia
25-03-2024, 05:34 PM

Apologies. My mistake. Now fixed. It was supposed to be Treloar.

angelopetraglia
25-03-2024, 05:37 PM
What do we think? Did Bevo give Timmy 3 votes or Dimma?

Grantysghost
25-03-2024, 05:38 PM
Baker stiff with 19 disposals and 3 goals
Yeah he was really good.

angelopetraglia
25-03-2024, 06:34 PM
Bevo. Inner sanctum.

https://youtu.be/YLYUo1I01rw?si=87wUJcMLxTB85WFq

Grantysghost
25-03-2024, 07:01 PM
Bevo. Inner sanctum.

I wanted more Bevo - less highlights. He had great intensity.

Hotdog60
25-03-2024, 07:06 PM
Was that a Bevo spray? :)

D Mitchell
25-03-2024, 07:20 PM
That's a challenging sentence, GG. If you treat "highlights", as in highlights package, as singular, reasonable in your sentence because of the juxtaposition with the decidedly singular "Bevo", then "less" is apposite. If you concentrate on the plural ending then the adjective should be "fewer" as in less highlight, fewer highlights. It's been a long day.

Happy Days
25-03-2024, 07:21 PM
What did Miller do to win a coaches vote except watch Bont run past him 100 times exactly?

Grantysghost
25-03-2024, 07:23 PM
That's a challenging sentence, GG. If you treat "highlights", as in highlights package, as singular, reasonable in your sentence because of the juxtaposition with the decidedly singular "Bevo", then "less" is apposite. If you concentrate on the plural ending then the adjective should be "fewer" as in less highlight, fewer highlights. It's been a long day.
Haha love it.

Grantysghost
25-03-2024, 07:24 PM
I'm watching the replay.

I could live tweet it.

First qtr.

Gee Naughts was good i missed that at the game.

Bont's ankle yuk.

JJ awesome run.

Gaggs some good work.

Walters started very well.

How has Ellis made it to 250 games???

Bailey Dale caught dead to rights by Walters no free in Suns deep 50. Hardwick tears.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
25-03-2024, 07:25 PM

First thing I thought GG, This is on the right track, but more steak, less sizzle

hujsh
25-03-2024, 08:24 PM
Bevo. Inner sanctum.

I will say I noticed VDM here (and Williams) a few times giving real good efforts. Paired with the running stats you posted before I can start to see why he plays that forward role over a Macrae.

jazzadogs
25-03-2024, 09:08 PM
First thing I thought GG, This is on the right track, but more steak, less sizzle

More steak, FEWER sizzle...am I doing it right D Mitchell?

D Mitchell
26-03-2024, 12:37 AM
More steak, FEWER sizzle...am I doing it right D Mitchell?

Can't a bloke have an off day ? Feck off, YHF got it right. I copped a whack over the ears from my English teacher back in 19 mumble mumble for getting the less-fewer distinction wrong. If you want a laugh, correct the check-out-chick in the 20 items or less queue at your local Coles.

jeemak
26-03-2024, 02:26 AM
Can't a bloke have an off day ? Feck off, YHF got it right. I copped a whack over the ears from my English teacher back in 19 mumble mumble for getting the less-fewer distinction wrong. If you want a laugh, correct the check-out-chick in the 20 items of less queue at your local Coles.

I have no idea what's going on.

jeemak
26-03-2024, 02:32 AM
This week's win was emphatic.

The club couldn't be under more pressure, the media told us Mars Stadium was supposed to be a fortress for us, but also alluded to us being super vulnerable due to recent circumstances.

And we did them by eight goals.

At 28 points up we were rightly a bit curious or concerned about how it might go, but against the wind we extended our lead to get into the black percentage wise.

A win makes a massive difference, and none of the issues from last week aren't issues today, but maybe we've seen some of the good stuff that can outweigh it.

Sometimes you need a win and it might be ugly, this time we really got it done against a side that didn't hold back in its attack. We actually outplayed, and classed them.

azabob
26-03-2024, 07:43 AM
This week's win was emphatic.

The club couldn't be under more pressure, the media told us Mars Stadium was supposed to be a fortress for us, but also alluded to us being super vulnerable due to recent circumstances.

And we did them by eight goals.

At 28 points up we were rightly a bit curious or concerned about how it might go, but against the wind we extended our lead to get into the black percentage wise.

A win makes a massive difference, and none of the issues from last week aren't issues today, but maybe we've seen some of the good stuff that can outweigh it.

Sometimes you need a win and it might be ugly, this time we really got it done against a side that didn't hold back in its attack. We actually outplayed, and classed them.

And out coached them, at the selection table and on field.

It was a very good win. They came at us twice and kicked goals in quick succession.

Our boys held firm, what was most pleasing is how we adjusted when Coffield went down so early. It could?ve spelt disaster as Williams had to roll back, Buku had to likely adjust his role and shiiiiiit Jones was just Jones.

Testekill
26-03-2024, 10:39 AM
The significant increase in pressure up the ground was the big change, slowing down entries makes it easier for our interceptors to peel off their man.

The Bulldogs Bite
26-03-2024, 10:51 PM
Watching the replay (finally) - very good result and game.

Much better intensity and pressure at the source which fuelled our intercept game and then our run and carry.

Individually I was impressed by Khamis, Darcy, Baker and Bramble. Important we get contributions from these types and they were excellent.

Bont and Libba immense. Cant be understated. Jones very good.

Thought Williams had some good moments at half back - hope he stays there. JJs run is vital, Richards was strong prior to the concussion, Sanders much improved, Treloar a LOT better all round performance.

Positive signs, but it's one week.

Sedat
27-03-2024, 10:30 AM
Watching the replay (finally) - very good result and game.

Much better intensity and pressure at the source which fuelled our intercept game and then our run and carry.

Individually I was impressed by Khamis, Darcy, Baker and Bramble. Important we get contributions from these types and they were excellent.

Bont and Libba immense. Cant be understated. Jones very good.

Thought Williams had some good moments at half back - hope he stays there. JJs run is vital, Richards was strong prior to the concussion, Sanders much improved, Treloar a LOT better all round performance.

Positive signs, but it's one week.
Yep, we defended the entire ground a lot better this week. The media are focusing on our record number of rebound marks in D50 (which was great) but the work done further up the ground by our mids/high half forwards/wingers to pressure GC's ball movement into their F50 was at the level we need to be a contender in 2024. It was encouraging to see.

Pretty underrated performance by us actually - GC are a quality team and we bossed them all game except for 5 minute patches late in the 3rd and in the middle of the 2nd.

Mantis
27-03-2024, 10:41 AM
Yep, we defended the entire ground a lot better this week. The media are focusing on our record number of rebound marks in D50 (which was great) but the work done further up the ground by our mids/high half forwards/wingers to pressure GC's ball movement into their F50 was at the level we need to be a contender in 2024. It was encouraging to see.

Pretty underrated performance by us actually - GC are a quality team and we bossed them all game except for 5 minute patches late in the 3rd and in the middle of the 2nd.

How big an impact did Witts out have on the result?

Without Witts GC are just a run of the mill team such is his importance to their clearance game.

jeemak
27-03-2024, 10:59 AM

Are you saying the media doesn't understand intercepts and scoring opportunities are often symptoms of what happens elsewhere on the ground? No way!

Sedat
27-03-2024, 11:11 AM
How big an impact did Witts out have on the result?

Without Witts GC are just a run of the mill team such is his importance to their clearance game.
Witts out was definitely a factor in our favour, but English didn't really boss the stoppages/clearances on the day as he otherwise would have been expected to against Moyle.

GC got enough looks inside 50 to be much more competitive and in the game than they were. I was happy with the way we defended the whole ground when GC had possession - 1 game is a tiny sample size but it was a big improvement on what we've done the last 2 years when we don't have the ball.

jeemak
27-03-2024, 11:30 AM
Witts out was definitely a factor in our favour, but English didn't really boss the stoppages/clearances on the day as he otherwise would have been expected to against Moyle.

GC got enough looks inside 50 to be much more competitive and in the game than they were. I was happy with the way we defended the whole ground when GC had possession - 1 game is a tiny sample size but it was a big improvement on what we've done the last 2 years when we don't have the ball.

We were pretty good at it in the first half of last year as well. That's why I struggle with the game plan and coaching talk from a tactical and strategy perspective. The difference between shit and good with us usually comes down to effort.

azabob
27-03-2024, 07:56 PM
We were pretty good at it in the first half of last year as well. That's why I struggle with the game plan and coaching talk from a tactical and strategy perspective. The difference between shit and good with us usually comes down to effort.

So taking that thought a bit further.

You have been really strong on the players not pulling their weight effort wise and our depth is questionable.

Do you think if we maintain the rage (effort) over the entire year that can offset our depth issues?

Or it’s not as simple as that?

jazzadogs
27-03-2024, 08:04 PM

You have been really strong on the players not pulling their weight effort wise and our depth is questionable.

Do you think if we maintain the rage (effort) over the entire year that can offset our depth issues?

The question wasn't for me, but yes absolutely. It won't mean we win the flag, but our football talent is good enough for top 4 when we have relentless effort.

Our 2024 list is better than Collingwood's in 2023. But gee they wanted it, and worked together for it, in a way that our team hasn't since 2021.

azabob
27-03-2024, 08:10 PM
The question wasn't for me, but yes absolutely. It won't mean we win the flag, but our football talent is good enough for top 4 when we have relentless effort.

Our 2024 list is better than Collingwood's in 2023. But gee they wanted it, and worked together for it, in a way that our team hasn't since 2021.

With our effort being so inconsistent the last couple of years hopefully that switch has permanently flicked for the remainder of 2024.

jeemak
27-03-2024, 08:49 PM

I think it's enough for us to be really competitive and make finals, possibly be in the top four or five teams in the competition. Especially if our depth players raise and maintain the requisite standard.

It's too early in the season to really know who's going to be good, and that has a massive bearing on how good we are.