PDA

View Full Version : Always Right Match Committee Round 7 vs Fremantle Dockers

Scraggers
22-03-2024, 04:17 PM
Welcome to the Always Right Match Committee Thread. The Match Committee threads has been named after long time WOOF member Always Right who tragically passed away in March 2018.

If you were on the Western Bulldogs match committee, what changes would you make after our Round Six match against St Kilda for our Round Seven match against the Dockers at Optus Stadium on Saturday evening.

For those new to these threads, please give a brief explanation for your changes ... this would add a lot of value to the discussion.

GVGjr
18-04-2024, 10:50 AM
Bump

GVGjr
18-04-2024, 11:17 PM
Libba and Marra in for Lobb (terribly unlucky) and Sanders.

Happy Days
18-04-2024, 11:17 PM
Out Harmes

Go_Dogs
18-04-2024, 11:22 PM
Out Harmes

I liked his fancy shoes

The Bulldogs Bite
18-04-2024, 11:25 PM
Hard to make many changes from that.

In - Libba and Marra
Out - Sanders and Darcy

** Darcy super unlucky, but Lobb is a better second ruck and against Jackson that might be important.

EasternWest
18-04-2024, 11:28 PM
Libba and Marra in for Lobb (terribly unlucky) and Sanders.

No way Lobb goes out, I thought he was great tonight.

GVGjr
18-04-2024, 11:35 PM
Serious question, Libba is back, Treloar was brilliant, Bont is well Bont, Macrae has lifted his work rate, Richards did a fine job so how do we manage Garcia next week in terms of midfield rotations?

Happy Days
18-04-2024, 11:37 PM
We kinda need Lobb to play against Freo. They’re ready to jump the fence and kill him over there, I actually think it gave us a bit of an edge last time out.

bornadog
18-04-2024, 11:37 PM
Was VDM injured?

GVGjr
18-04-2024, 11:39 PM
Was VDM injured?

Copped a knock, not sure if it's anything more than that.

westdog54
18-04-2024, 11:39 PM
Was VDM injured?

Came off after a heavy collision. Looked like it was precautionary and an excuse to get Sanders into the game.

macca
18-04-2024, 11:49 PM
In: Libba, Marra
Out: Brambles, VDM (injured)

Garcia to replace VDM
Richards : half back, with a few CBA

Go_Dogs
19-04-2024, 12:04 AM
Lobb looked to go off with an ankle late in the third, had some pain relief and came back. Two weeks in a row it’s caused a niggle. Maybe means he’s an out.

Hard to know who else to change up if Libba is also back.

Note, I’m assuming Marra is good to go.

whythelongface
19-04-2024, 12:13 AM
Serious question, Libba is back, Treloar was brilliant, Bont is well Bont, Macrae has lifted his work rate, Richards did a fine job so how do we manage Garcia next week in terms of midfield rotations?

Good question. We have been too reliant on three players this year so it is good to have some options. I like speed of Ed and Sunny so it is good to have them in the mix as well as a fired up Macrae. A better mix allows Bont to drift forward and manage Libba’s time as well. We will need to keep check off Serong next week thus rotating players will keep them relatively fresh.

bornadog
19-04-2024, 12:15 AM
Good question. We have been too reliant on three players this year so it is good to have some options. I like speed of Ed and Sunny so it is good to have them in the mix as well as a fired up Macrae. A better mix allows Bont to drift forward and manage Libba’s time as well. We will need to keep check off Serong next week thus rotating players will keep them relatively fresh.

I would put Garcia on Serong and give him a hard time

Warrnambulldog
19-04-2024, 12:47 AM
I think Lobb, Sanders, VDM
For Jamarra, Libba, Daniel
-Sanders can get some confidence out of dominating vfl for a week.
-Daniel should play half forward and become like Gryan Miers. Hope he plays there in the vfl this week

josie
19-04-2024, 01:18 AM
From Bevo?s presser Marra might not play next week - he basically said wait & see.

Out: VDM, Harmes
In: Libba, Daniel if he plays really well tomorrow

Harmes as sub

Saunders to play VFL rather than sub second week in a row (or if Daniel is mediocre then he is in starting 22)

ledge
19-04-2024, 01:36 AM
I’m sorry I just don’t see any hardness or urgency from Sanders.
Looks like he just trots around.

kruder
19-04-2024, 01:46 AM
I?m sorry I just don?t see any hardness or urgency from Sanders.

I'm guessing he is conserving energy because he is struggling with the pace of the game? One things for sure Sanders will be playing VFL next week.

jeemak
19-04-2024, 01:49 AM
Not sure we'll see Marra back next week, even if it is a longer break between games. Bevo is usually on the mark with his assessments on that front.

In - Libba
Out - Harmes

1eyedog
19-04-2024, 08:38 AM
I’m sorry I just don’t see any hardness or urgency from Sanders.

Hard for him as sub with limited exposure or experience at the level.

I'm inclined to give him a month of VFL footy.

bulldogtragic
19-04-2024, 09:03 AM
I think structural change.

Richards stays in the guts. Daniel takes his spot down back for Bramble.
Manage Darcy by playing him as sub.
Marra, Sanders & Libba in.
Clarke for VDM (inj)
Williams needs the dropping effect that?s getting blocked hungry again

In: Marra, Libba, Sanders (sub), Daniel, Clarke
Out: Bramble, VDM (inj), Darcy (sub), Williams, Harmes

JJ Jones JOD
Daniel Buku Dale
Gags Libba Sanders
Clarke Lobb West
Marra Naughton Cody
Tim Bont Treloar
Doc Macrae Richards Garcia
Darcy

Mantis
19-04-2024, 09:46 AM

Clarke for VDM (inj)

JJ Jones JOD
Daniel Buku Dale
Gags Libba Sanders
Clarke Lobb West
Marra Naughton Cody
Tim Bont Treloar
Darcy

I think there is **** all chance that after a 10 goal win we make 4 changes. Sure Libba & Marra need to come back in, but Daniel can stay where he is and Clarke isn't ready to come in in what shapes up as an extremely important game.

Williams was fine last night... sure he missed a goal late in the piece when West was free, but he was 40m out running clear and should've just kicked the goal.

I think the option to throw Richards into the midfield is a lever to pull through games, but he's an exceptional HBF and I would like him to play the majority of the game there.... especially when many of our medium sized defenders are better offensively than defensively.

bulldogtragic
19-04-2024, 09:59 AM
I think there is **** all chance that after a 10 goal win we make 4 changes. Sure Libba & Marra need to come back in, but Daniel can stay where he is and Clarke isn't ready to come in in what shapes up as an extremely important game.

Williams was fine last night... sure he missed a goal late in the piece when West was free, but he was 40m out running clear and should've just kicked the goal.

I think the option to throw Richards into the midfield is a lever to pull through games, but he's an exceptional HBF and I would like him to play the majority of the game there.... especially when many of our medium sized defenders are better offensively than defensively.

You’re probably right. But it’s what I’d do not what the MC will do. Realistically it’s just the two changes.

meenies
19-04-2024, 10:04 AM
Only change for me is Clarke in and Sanders and VDM (concussion precaution) out.
Clarke was good again last week until he got that niggle, but stayed on field.
Save Libba a trip west and see if the new look centre rotations can work as good as last night.
For sub, maybe Caleb.

lemmon
19-04-2024, 10:15 AM
I'm guessing he is conserving energy because he is struggling with the pace of the game? One things for sure Sanders will be playing VFL next week.

He's also just not very quick, which we knew when we picked him.

The guy is an inside mid but there are a heap of very good inside mids ahead of him. He's mostly playing outside/flank because he's a good footballer, but I think we're doing a little bit of judging a fish by how well it climbs a tree.

Happy Days
19-04-2024, 10:24 AM
Sanders has shown a ton you guys are worrying about nothing.

Mantis
19-04-2024, 10:27 AM
Sanders has shown a ton you guys are worrying about nothing.

Yep, he's going to be a gun for us.. but he's a young boy in a hurry and with a strong senior core ahead he is going to have to bide his time... a 2-3 week run for Footscray where he can be ''the man'' isn't going to do much harm for his development.

Sedat
19-04-2024, 11:04 AM
Calls to drop Harmes are off the mark I reckon - he just instinctively does team-oriented things at all possible moments. He lays blocks for teammates in better positions to create more space for them, he runs hard defensively to spoil bigger opponents. I bet his game last night was valued far more within the 4 walls than in the outer.

Happy Days
19-04-2024, 11:06 AM
Calls to drop Harmes are off the mark I reckon - he just instinctively does team-oriented things at all possible moments. He lays blocks for teammates in better positions to create more space for them, he runs hard defensively to spoil bigger opponents. I bet his game last night was valued far more within the 4 walls than in the outer.

Have you considered the vibes though?

whythelongface
19-04-2024, 11:09 AM

Agree. No way Harmes gets dropped. These are the little things coaches love. Not on the stats sheet but really team play first. Good call Sedat.

GVGjr
19-04-2024, 11:24 AM

Hard to see him getting dropped for the trip to Fremantle. He's a good role player for us.

lemmon
19-04-2024, 12:22 PM
In- Libba (has to play), Marra (also has to play)
Out - Sanders, Lobb

Tough on Lobb in particular, but Darcy's contested marking could be a huge weapon against this Freo back six. If Marra misses, Lobb holds his spot - he worked hard last night.

Libba has to play so it means the next inside-mid drops out of the side. I'd be pretty keen to keep Ed Richards on-ball, so it's going to be a juggling act with midfield minutes.

Gallagher starts sub after some big minutes through the week. The other option would be Bramble as sub, but that probably means Richards has to return to the back-line.

Critter
19-04-2024, 12:39 PM
Out
VDM - if you're looking for who didn't .... (fill in the dots), look no further.
Gallagher - caught out ball watching on turnover a couple of times and was searching for petrol tickets also at other times. I think a rest might be timely.

In:
Libba
JUH (given he's available. If not, then in Daniel)

MrMahatma
19-04-2024, 01:00 PM
Out
VDM - if you're looking for who didn't .... (fill in the dots), look no further.
Gallagher - caught out ball watching on turnover a couple of times and was searching for petrol tickets also at other times. I think a rest might be timely.

In:
Libba

English, Lobb, Darcy, Astro, JUH all in the same team?

Go get 'em!

G-Mo77
19-04-2024, 01:16 PM
English, Lobb, Darcy, Astro, JUH all in the same team?

Go get 'em!

Beveridge mentioned that JUH is no guarantee to play against Freo. You would think Lobb is the unlucky one if he does come back, we cannot play them all.

Critter
19-04-2024, 01:27 PM
That's exactly what I'm saying. Gutsy eh? Intent would be for four of the five to be on the ground at any one time. Interchange would need to work like a well-oiled machine.

But, wasn't taking Ed Richards out of the backline and putting him in the midfield akin to football heresy, something capable of bringing about the end of football civilisation as we know it? Well, we won centre clearances 16 to 9 and our defence worked just fine.

Indeed, you could even think of moving Na...., nah, that's a bridge too far.

mjp
19-04-2024, 01:34 PM

Clarke for VDM (inj)

JJ Jones JOD
Daniel Buku Dale
Gags Libba Sanders
Clarke Lobb West
Marra Naughton Cody
Tim Bont Treloar
Darcy

So we win by 10-goals and make 5 changes?

I'm sitting here chuckling to myself. If you want to lose the players you should 100% do that.

lemmon
19-04-2024, 01:41 PM
Beveridge mentioned that JUH is no guarantee to play against Freo. You would think Lobb is the unlucky one if he does come back, we cannot play them all.

Agree with that, we're also (probably) bringing in two average runners (Libba and Marra) on a ground where running capacity is extremely important.

I reckon that's why Gallagher, Laith, Bramble and co are close to locks this week and Sanders doesn't get a look in - we need legs in Perth.

Jeanette54
19-04-2024, 02:22 PM
Bevo expressed some doubt that Marra might not be back this week, I am not sure that he would be an automatic inclusion. From what I have seen this year he is the forward who has the least defensive aspect to his game. So often it has been his opponent who begins the overlap run from the backline, and he appears to be somewhat reluctant to go with his man to prevent this. Maybe its just a lack of concentration, thinking his task is done when the attacking move has completed with an out of bounds, point or free kick to the opposition. I have no idea where his pressure acts sit in the scheme of things, but its just an observation.

Happy Days
19-04-2024, 02:57 PM
I assume Bevo said what he said to not put any pressure on Marra, not because it’s a legitimate prognostication.

Pedro Sanchez
19-04-2024, 03:34 PM
Lobb definitely plays - particularly against one of his old sides.

Libba in for VDM - that is all.

westbulldog
19-04-2024, 03:45 PM
Have you considered the vibes though?

Sounds like Dennis Denuto of "The Castle", nfi what it means on this forum :)

EasternWest
19-04-2024, 04:09 PM
Out

In:
Libba

Reckon Gags is out with sore legs after Lobb nailed him anyway.

On another note that's the first time I've seen him play with my own eyes and he's got a bit to work with. Plus his Liam Picken haircut certainly lifts him in my affections.

westbulldog
19-04-2024, 08:39 PM
Out VDM Lobb (if Jamarra plays)
In Libba

Testekill
19-04-2024, 08:41 PM
If Jamarra is right to play then him for Lobb.

Vandermeer out
Gallagher out

Libba in
Daniel in

FrediKanoute
19-04-2024, 10:39 PM
Was VDM injured?

No that is the way he always plays.....

Seriously though you cannot play JUH, Naughts, Lobb and Darcy in the forward line, so if you want to keep all 4 in the side then you drop JOD and play one back (Darcy)

I would drop Vanders....Garcia and West are both superior footballers.

jeemak
19-04-2024, 10:57 PM
I'd play Lobb if JUH plays, and give Darcy a spell.

Just feel Lobb's TOG capability and return to form is likely going to have a bigger impact in Perth than what Darcy's limited TOG and inexperience in the west will.

This is probably the one time where a horses for courses approach could be justified as Lobb was pretty effective last night even if he didn't get on the end of one.

Scorlibo
19-04-2024, 11:39 PM
I'd play Lobb if JUH plays, and give Darcy a spell.

Just feel Lobb's TOG capability and return to form is likely going to have a bigger impact in Perth than what Darcy's limited TOG and inexperience in the west will.

This is probably the one time where a horses for courses approach could be justified as Lobb was pretty effective last night even if he didn't get on the end of one.

Watched the replay back and Lobb was really quite impressive. Don't see how he can be dropped after that game. Darcy was fairly ineffective until late in the game so I tend to agree that he'd be the one to make way, although I'm not nearly as bullish on Jamarra's season as many seem to be. Reckon he's played two good games and three terrible ones, so wouldn't be opposed to encouraging him to take an extra week personal leave and seeing a bit more exposed form from Lobb and Darcy.

Grantysghost
19-04-2024, 11:41 PM
Watched the replay back and Lobb was really quite impressive. Don't see how he can be dropped after that game. Darcy was fairly ineffective until late in the game so I tend to agree that he'd be the one to make way, although I'm not nearly as bullish on Jamarra's season as many seem to be. Reckon he's played two good games and three terrible ones, so wouldn't be opposed to encouraging him to take an extra week personal leave and seeing a bit more exposed form from Lobb and Darcy.
Yes to all that.

Marra has had a few stinkers.

Lobb has to stay was his best game as a forward for us.

azabob
20-04-2024, 10:18 AM
The other factor in Lobb’s favour is Sean Darcy is back in for the dockers tonight.

mighty_west
20-04-2024, 10:43 AM
Tough one this week and probably should wait until we see what happens in the VFL first but at this stage for me,

Out : VDM, (or Gags if pulled up sore), Darcy (watch the media jump all over this, but we can't play all of Lobb, Darce, Marra, Timmy and Naughts in the same side, and Lobb has more than earn't his spot this week.

In : Libba, Jamarra (if he's ready and if not, Darcy stays in).

Happy Days
20-04-2024, 12:55 PM
The other factor in Lobb’s favour is Sean Darcy is back in for the dockers tonight.

Glad to see him back too. Gout is no joke.

Mofra
20-04-2024, 01:09 PM
I wonder if Garcia can fill the VDM role?
He might not have the repeat ruining capacity but would make his moments count a bit more.
With VDM out we absolutely have to take a tall out if Marra is back. Darcy gets a rest if so as Lobb was very very good.

It really leaves Caleb out in the cold though.

Mat Lyons
20-04-2024, 01:20 PM
In: Liberatore, Ugle-Hagan, Daniel
Out: Nobody (they all deserve a spot), so let's play with three extras.

Those who will be considered to make way: Gallagher, Vandermeer, Lobb/Darcy, Sanders, Bramble, O'Donnell. Much will depend if they want to retain a three-tall defence. One of Lobb or Darcy will need to make way fro 'Marra and one will be painfully unlucky. As for the player making way for Libba, it will be one of the mids in Sanders or Gallagher, and perhaps will depend on whetehr Gags' corkie isn't a deep bleeder. However, if they decide to play a smaller defence, O'Donnell will make way and a shuffle will occuer, pushing Bramble to the Sub role or Caleb being elevated to that spot. Le't hope Calb has a big one today in the VFL to press his claim. I'm sure he will be BOG.

GVGjr
20-04-2024, 02:19 PM
Glad to see him back too. Gout is no joke.

I knew a guy that would to say that his wife had diagnosed him with gout.
When pressed why she thought that he replied that I don't know but every time I go into the bedroom she yells Gout, gout gout.

The Underdog
20-04-2024, 02:43 PM
When pressed why she thought that he replied that I don't know but every time I go into the bedroom she yells Gout, gout gout.

Can we get a “Nets” button? For when someone deserves to be punished.

Grantysghost
20-04-2024, 03:03 PM
Can we get a “Nets” button? For when someone deserves to be punished.

https://i.postimg.cc/htNSQQqN/Screenshot-20240420-135452.jpg (https://postimg.cc/xXyrWC8P)

EasternWest
20-04-2024, 03:19 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/htNSQQqN/Screenshot-20240420-135452.jpg (https://postimg.cc/xXyrWC8P)

That's awesome

jeemak
20-04-2024, 03:25 PM
TD would tell you how crafty he is as a boxer on the way in, neck minit he's ripped a picket off the fence and is wrapping it around your skull.

Grantysghost
20-04-2024, 03:48 PM
That's awesome
So is this : my mums 87th birthday its her first game for 3 years her two teams Willy and Dogs she has no idea who to barrack for.
I'm just barracking for Lachie.

https://i.postimg.cc/rwYJrqH3/PXL-20240420-043809567.jpg (https://postimg.cc/QF11LZhJ)

ledge
20-04-2024, 04:18 PM

I got told I had gout once , ended up it was my steel cap boots rubbing on the knuckle of my big toe.
Bought wider boots and had the dry skin trimmed off, felt bloody awesome after.

jeemak
20-04-2024, 04:29 PM
So is this : my mums 87th birthday its her first game for 3 years her two teams Willy and Dogs she has no idea who to barrack for.
I'm just barracking for Lachie.

https://i.postimg.cc/rwYJrqH3/PXL-20240420-043809567.jpg (https://postimg.cc/QF11LZhJ)

Was going to go there today but am crook and couldn't be bothered with the 45 minute drive each way. Happy birthday to your mum GG!

Grantysghost
20-04-2024, 04:33 PM
Was going to go there today but am crook and couldn't be bothered with the 45 minute drive each way. Happy birthday to your mum GG!
Get well mate.

Shes loving it. Not sure we will make it passed half time though!

Croft moves well crikey. First time I've seen him live.

Testekill
20-04-2024, 06:58 PM
Clarke is probably the only one that could potentially come in, Busslinger and Keath played well as keys in defence and Freijah looked great off of the flank but I'd rather no unforced outs following that win.

Grantysghost
20-04-2024, 08:07 PM
Clarke is probably the only one that could potentially come in, Busslinger and Keath played well as keys in defence and Freijah looked great off of the flank but I'd rather no unforced outs following that win.
Keath looked good. I think he could potentially come in soon.

Bullies
20-04-2024, 08:28 PM
Clarke is probably the only one that could potentially come in, Busslinger and Keath played well as keys in defence and Freijah looked great off of the flank but I'd rather no unforced outs following that win. We could still do with a small crumbing forward like Clarke. He seems to be the type of player who would be better in the 1's than the 2's. He looks like a footballer who plays on instinct.

mighty_west
20-04-2024, 09:29 PM
Well looks like Jye Amiss would be out next week, got kneed in the head and staggered off the ground subbed off.

angelopetraglia
21-04-2024, 12:12 PM
Well looks like Jye Amiss would be out next week, got kneed in the head and staggered off the ground subbed off.

Will definitely be out with concussion protocol.

angelopetraglia
21-04-2024, 12:13 PM
Also Hayden Young.

Hayden Young had a 'tight hammy', Justin Longmuir says, with the midfielder sitting out the final 19 minutes of the match. The coach is hoping it's just precautionary.

DOG GOD
21-04-2024, 01:33 PM
Amiss and young will be 2 good outs for us.

Curly5
22-04-2024, 08:39 AM
Does anyone know if Jamarra will be back?

GVGjr
22-04-2024, 10:12 AM

He was out Saturday night so more likely than not to return

ledge
22-04-2024, 10:22 AM

Apparently he was back in Melbourne and expected to play.
Scratch that, just told that we will know tomorrow

azabob
22-04-2024, 10:56 AM
Assuming Jamarra is ok to play who gets the nod as the third tall? Sam Darcy or Rory Lobb?

Might be a good opportunity to rest Darcy as we are coming up against a very physical ruckman and an athletic beast.

I'm slightly leaning towards Lobb purely due to his ability to play a four quarter match if required. On the flip side Darcy does have that X factor when he is forward.

Either way a good spot to be in.

lemmon
22-04-2024, 11:00 AM
Assuming Jamarra is ok to play who gets the nod as the third tall? Sam Darcy or Rory Lobb?

Might be a good opportunity to rest Darcy as we are coming up against a very physical ruckman and an athletic beast.

I'm slightly leaning towards Lobb purely due to his ability to play a four quarter match if required. On the flip side Darcy does have that X factor when he is forward.

I'd play Darcy because I think his contested marking could be a bigger weapon against the undersized Freo backline. I thought it was interesting that Darcy seemed to play more ruck time than Lobb on Thursday night as well.

bulldogtragic
22-04-2024, 11:05 AM

I’d manage Darcy as the sub. With his injuries I hope we manage him and not get too excited. You’d think between playing VFL and his old team he’s still got a point to prove this week. He’s solid back up against Freo’s big men too. A fresh Darcy in the last quarter might be a good advantage to either stretch the backline or keep up with Jackson in the ruck and then see how Tim is doing and whether we can use Tim to help in defence or hurt them forward. So that’s what I’d do.

angelopetraglia
22-04-2024, 04:03 PM
DOUBT SURROUNDS UGLE-HAGAN’S AVAILABILITY DESPITE ATTENDING BOXING MATCH FOLLOWING PERSONAL ABSENCE

Western Bulldogs forward Jamarra Ugle-Hagan attended a boxing match in St Kilda just days after being left out of the Bulldogs’ Round 6 side with personal reasons, reports Nine’s Tom Morris.

According to Morris, Ugle-Hagan had a couple of drinks at the event while attending with friends.

While the club reportedly has no issues with his conduct after Ugle-Hagan missed the clash against St Kilda to return home to Framlingham – in regional south-west Victoria – for family reasons, Kane Cornes didn’t think his choice to attend the event was a good look.

Morris discussed Ugle-Hagan’s absence and boxing match attendance with Cornes on SEN Breakfast.

Morris: “I think he's likely to play (in Round 7), but the Dogs haven't confirmed that yet.

“But Jamarra was at the boxing on Saturday night at St Kilda Town Hall, having a drink or two.

“The club has no issue with this. He's not injured. He's not on a six-day break.

“But he's clearly had some personal matters he needed to deal with last week and given that he's back in Melbourne now and hanging out with friends and people close to him, you'd be surprised if he doesn't play in Round 7.”

Cornes: “It’s a strange look, isn’t it? To go to the boxing and have a couple if you didn’t play on the Thursday night.”

Morris: “Yeah (it is), but he's allowed to live his life as well.”

Cornes: “Well, he is, but I think there's a time and a place to be able to live your life, particularly if you're not available for selection then a couple of days later you're doing that.

“In an ideal world, I think you're not at a boxing event having a couple after not playing.

“That would be my view.”

SEN’s Sam Edmund also revealed that Ugle-Hagan missed the club’s training session on Monday, which could leave him unlikely to play in Round 7 against Fremantle in Perth.

“Jamarra Ugle-Hagan missed obviously the Western Bulldogs’ game in Round 6 for personal reasons,” Edmund said on SEN Afternoons.

“He also missed training again today. So this return to the senior side for Jamarra Ugle-Hagan is looking unlikely at this stage.

“He missed Round 6 for personal reasons, as I say, returning home to be with family.

“Now he did turn some heads at St Kilda Town Hall on Saturday night with some others for a boxing event.

“However, he was absent from the Whitten Oval again today.

“Now club officials to my understanding, don't have an issue with Ugle-Hagan attending the boxing as he works through personal issues, but he would need to train fully in the Western Bulldogs’ main session that's on Wednesday to be considered any chance to face Fremantle in Perth on Saturday night.”

Saturday’s clash between the Dogs and Dockers is set for 7:30 pm (AEST) at Optus Stadium

link: https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/04/22/doubt-surrounds-ugle-hagans-availability-despite-attending-boxing-match/

Happy Days
22-04-2024, 04:34 PM
Remember when Tom Morris was devastated by Bevo calling him a muck raking gutter journalist?

EasternWest
22-04-2024, 04:46 PM
Remember when Tom Morris was devastated by Bevo calling him a muck raking gutter journalist?

No no Tom Morris isn't a piece of shit and he's served his time and done his penance and we should never say anything critical about him again.

hujsh
22-04-2024, 04:50 PM
No no Tom Morris isn't a piece of shit and he's served his time and done his penance and we should never say anything critical about him again.

Next they'll say something silly about how he's not 'entitled' to a prominent media position.

angelopetraglia
22-04-2024, 05:45 PM
Ryan Daniels

I’m told @freodockers midfielder Hayden Young will be all good to play on Saturday night. Young spent extended time on the bench at the end of the Derby, with mild hamstring awareness.

Grantysghost
22-04-2024, 05:58 PM
Ryan Daniels

I’m told @freodockers midfielder Hayden Young will be all good to play on Saturday night. Young spent extended time on the bench at the end of the Derby, with mild hamstring awareness.

Ahhhhhh I've got a hamstring!

azabob
22-04-2024, 06:03 PM
I’d manage Darcy as the sub. With his injuries I hope we manage him and not get too excited. You’d think between playing VFL and his old team he’s still got a point to prove this week. He’s solid back up against Freo’s big men too. A fresh Darcy in the last quarter might be a good advantage to either stretch the backline or keep up with Jackson in the ruck and then see how Tim is doing and whether we can use Tim to help in defence or hurt them forward. So that’s what I’d do.

Playing Darcy as the sub would certainly go against the grain. Normally it is a midsized player.

azabob
22-04-2024, 06:13 PM

Morris has made me so angry with this Womens Day reporting.

He is a sphincter. Seriously he says in front of Kornes Marra was out Saturday night and had a couple drinks and then when Kornes bites - he tries to side with Marra and defend him...

I really wish Bevo was able to double down on the gutter rat.

jeemak
22-04-2024, 06:22 PM
Morris has made me so angry with this Womens Day reporting.

He is a sphincter. Seriously he says in front of Kornes Marra was out Saturday night and had a couple drinks and then when Kornes bites - he tries to side with Marra and defend him...

I really wish Bevo was able to double down on the gutter rat.

You should have seen the footage of him almost orgasming when Matthews was getting into Tim English last week. He's a ****en weirdo.

Such is the desire of these guys to get stuck into us for whatever reason, the player's welfare isn't a consideration and they run with the story anyway to get the clicks and the inevitable tut-tutting from parts of the public.

azabob
22-04-2024, 06:31 PM
You should have seen the footage of him almost orgasming when Matthews was getting into Tim English last week. He's a ****en weirdo.

Such is the desire of these guys to get stuck into us for whatever reason, the player's welfare isn't a consideration and they run with the story anyway to get the clicks and the inevitable tut-tutting from parts of the public.

I really would love to see how much time Matthew's has for gossip jurno's like Tom Morris - Matthews is an out and out c-bomb, surely he would not give them the time of day off camera?

jeemak
22-04-2024, 06:39 PM
I really would love to see how much time Matthew's has for gossip jurno's like Tom Morris - Matthews is an out and out c-bomb, surely he would not give them the time of day off camera?

Depends how much he likes a kiss-arse.

Leigh doesn't strike me as someone who needs the money, so what's he in the caper for?

angelopetraglia
22-04-2024, 06:49 PM
Depends how much he likes a kiss-arse.

Leigh doesn't strike me as someone who needs the money, so what's he in the caper for?

Leigh Matthews is 72. I don't think he would still be in it for money. Surely not.

It does beg the question? Why does he still do it? Understand the radio gig here and there to discuss footy in that setting. But these headling grabbing TV shows hosting by someone like Morris doesn't grab me as something that aligns with Matthews values and where he is at in life.

Having someone like Matthews on the show, helps legitimise someone like Morris. So I fully understand why Morris would want Matthews on the show. Why Matthews wants to be on a show like that at 72 years of age, I don't understand.

bulldogtragic
22-04-2024, 07:29 PM
Playing Darcy as the sub would certainly go against the grain. Normally it is a midsized player.

That’s what it’ll work.

jeemak
22-04-2024, 08:35 PM
Leigh Matthews is 72. I don't think he would still be in it for money. Surely not.

It does beg the question? Why does he still do it? Understand the radio gig here and there to discuss footy in that setting. But these headling grabbing TV shows hosting by someone like Morris doesn't grab me as something that aligns with Matthews values and where he is at in life.

Having someone like Matthews on the show, helps legitimise someone like Morris. So I fully understand why Morris would want Matthews on the show. Why Matthews wants to be on a show like that at 72 years of age, I don't understand.

Not sure either. It could be he feels he's still extremely relevant, it could be he needs a platform like that to have his voice heard when other mediums may have moved past him.

He might even like being seated next to a sycophantic kiss-arse because at 72 the endorphins he used to release playing, physically assaulting, coaching and shagging people are harder to come by.

angelopetraglia
22-04-2024, 08:42 PM
Not sure either. It could be he feels he's still extremely relevant, it could be he needs a platform like that to have his voice heard when other mediums may have moved past him.

He might even like being seated next to a sycophantic kiss-arse because at 72 the endorphins you used to release playing, physically assaulting, coaching and shagging people are harder to come by.

Agree with all of that. However, I have never seen Lethal as someone who needs extrenal validaiton from anyone. But why he still wants to be on a show like that, higihglights that I was probably wrong.

Hotdog60
22-04-2024, 09:15 PM
Well the latest is Bont's not happy and is holding off contact extension.

jeemak
22-04-2024, 09:20 PM
Well the latest is Bont's not happy and is holding off contact extension.

Is this from Morris post the crap from last week?

Hotdog60
22-04-2024, 09:23 PM
Is this from Morris post the crap from last week?
Posted by Will Faulkner fox sports the crap I have just posted under Marcus's thread.

azabob
23-04-2024, 08:59 AM
Posted by Will Faulkner fox sports the crap I have just posted under Marcus's thread.

As jee alluded to this was from last week and was raised by a herald sun journalist to other journalists on a tv show?

Reported on by another ?jurno?

Seriously.

Mantis
23-04-2024, 10:42 AM
As jee alluded to this was from last week and was raised by a herald sun journalist to other journalists on a tv show?

Reported on by another ?jurno?

Seriously.

I guess when there's 8000 ''journalists'' reporting on the game they really have to search high and low for ''content''.

Sedat
23-04-2024, 02:35 PM
I guess when there's 8000 ''journalists'' reporting on the game they really have to search high and low for ''content''.
Nothing more riveting than journos talking about other journos
#CoNtEnT :rolleyes:

angelopetraglia
24-04-2024, 10:30 AM
Sam Edmund

"Jamarra Ugle-Hagan is at the Whitten Oval and training this morning in what is the Western Bulldogs' main session. A decent selection headache potentially looming ahead of Saturday's away game against Fremantle."

angelopetraglia
24-04-2024, 10:58 AM
Bevo

Our backline peformed really well last week. It is just whether there is a spot for CD. Unlikely there is a spot for Caleb this week. We will take him to Perth just in case.

angelopetraglia
24-04-2024, 11:00 AM
Bevo

I would love to play Sanders every minute, every week. He is learning every week, he has to learn where to be when he doesn't have the ball. That is the main reason he has been the sub. We are not just gifting him games, he earned his spot at the start of the season. His position at the moment is under pressure.

angelopetraglia
24-04-2024, 11:03 AM
Bevo

Marra is unlikely to play this week. He may not play at all this week. Marra has some mourning and grieving that has compounded things for him. Hopefully he can play some footy soon but that is not the priority for him at the moment.

angelopetraglia
24-04-2024, 11:07 AM
Bevo

Libba will play. We will need to change the blend through there compared to last week which worked so well, but we will share the time.

Grantysghost
24-04-2024, 11:41 AM
Bevo

I would love to play Sanders every minute, every week. He is learning every week, he has to learn where to be when he doesn't have the ball. That is the main reason he has been the sub. We are not just gifting him games, he earned his spot at the start of the season. His position at the moment is under pressure.

Sanders out - Libba in

angelopetraglia
24-04-2024, 12:06 PM
Sanders out - Libba in

Yes. That is the way I read it.

bornadog
24-04-2024, 12:16 PM
Good move to get Sanders learning more in VFL

Axe Man
24-04-2024, 12:30 PM
Good move to get Sanders learning more in VFL

Not this week - VFL bye.

angelopetraglia
24-04-2024, 12:32 PM
Not this week - VFL bye.

They are playing the AIS team this week. So they will get a game of sorts.

bornadog
24-04-2024, 12:36 PM
I think only one change this week:

Out Sanders, In Libba

Lobb will play and Marra won't.

mjp
24-04-2024, 12:43 PM
I think only one change this week:

Out Sanders, In Libba

Lobb will play and Marra won't.

You know or you think??

angelopetraglia
24-04-2024, 01:10 PM
You know or you think??

Bevo confirmed in the presser that Marra will 100% not play this week.

GVGjr
24-04-2024, 01:48 PM
Sanders out - Libba in

Is that your prediction?
Would Harmes be a candidate for the sub role this week?

Mofra
24-04-2024, 02:21 PM
Does VDM play? Subbed out but passed protocols, but Garcia played forward and a fairly defensive role

GVGjr
24-04-2024, 03:28 PM
Does VDM play? Subbed out but passed protocols, but Garcia played forward and a fairly defensive role

Based on the two training sessions this week I'd say he plays.

BornInDroopSt'54
25-04-2024, 12:42 PM
Sunny and 25* C in Freo on Saturday so weather not a factor.

bornadog
25-04-2024, 07:21 PM
As predicted, in Libba out Sanders

angelopetraglia
25-04-2024, 07:34 PM
Dogs

B: E.Richards, L.Jones, B.Dale

HB: T.Duryea, B.Khamis, J.Johannisen

C: B.Williams, A.Treloar, J.Harmes

HF: L.Vandermeer, A.Naughton, R.West

F: S.Darcy, R.Lobb, C.Weightman

FOLL: T.English, M.Bontempelli - C, T.Liberatore

I/C: L.Bramble, H.Gallagher, R.Garcia, J.Macrae, J.O’Donnell

EMG: C.Daniel, C.Poulter, A.Keath

IN: T.Liberatore

OUT: R.Sanders (Omitted)

Freo

B: J.Aish, A.Pearce - C, J.Draper

HB: H.Young, L.Ryan, J.Clark

C: H.Chapman, A.Brayshaw, J.Sharp

HF: J.O’Meara, L.Jackson, M.Frederick

F: M.Walters, J.Treacy, T.Emmett

FOLL: S.Darcy, C.Serong, N.Fyfe

I/C: P.Voss, C.Simpson, B.Walker, M.Johnson, B.Banfield

EMG: N.Erasmus, E.Hughes, S.Sturt

IN: H.Chapman, M.Frederick, P.Voss, C.Simpson

OUT: J.Amiss (Injured), N.Erasmus (Omitted), S.Sturt (Omitted), E.Hughes (Omitted)

kruder
26-04-2024, 11:39 AM
Just watching GWS last night their running power was bloody freighting in the third quarter our midfield mix will be interesting this week. I did notice Richards in his video still training with the mids for a portion of training along with Garcia and Gags hopefully we continue to add a little speed and running power to our mix.

How handy is it to have someone of Lobb's ability to take Marra's spot atm?

mjp
26-04-2024, 11:52 AM
Just watching GWS last night their running power was bloody freighting in the third quarter...

Carlton found a solution last week. Smash them at the stop and kick straight...so the ball goes from the stop through the goals back to the stop rinse and repeat.

azabob
26-04-2024, 12:01 PM
Carlton found a solution last week. Smash them at the stop and kick straight...so the ball goes from the stop through the goals back to the stop rinse and repeat.

Carlton are bullying teams at the source and now they just have such belief.

angelopetraglia
26-04-2024, 12:45 PM

Also, Carlton put a heap of pressure on them when they had the ball. They didn't those chains of handballs through the middle of the ground against Carlton like they did against the Saints in the third quarter.