PDA

View Full Version : Always Right Match Committee Round 13 vs Brisbane

Scraggers
22-03-2024, 04:41 PM
Welcome to the Always Right Match Committee Thread. The Match Committee threads has been named after long time WOOF member Always Right who tragically passed away in March 2018.

If you were on the Western Bulldogs match committee, what changes would you make after our Round Twelve match against Collingwood for our Round Thirteen match against Brisbane at Marvel on Friday night.

For those new to these threads, please give a brief explanation for your changes ... this would add a lot of value to the discussion.

GVGjr
31-05-2024, 03:40 PM
Bump

bulldogtragic
31-05-2024, 11:30 PM
Hoping Libba & Ed get back. Buss deserves a debut.

Darcy out, with VDM & Harmed injured.

Testekill
31-05-2024, 11:31 PM
Is there a non-zero chance that Duryea gets suspended? It doesn't seem like enough although they'll probably double the loading for daring to touch the golden child.

bulldogtragic
31-05-2024, 11:33 PM
Is there a non-zero chance that Duryea gets suspended? It doesn't seem like enough although they'll probably double the loading for daring to touch the golden child.

We should chip in to fight it if they do. Then if they suspend him, chip in for the appeal.

azabob
01-06-2024, 12:06 AM
Hoping Libba & Ed get back. Buss deserves a debut.

Darcy out, with VDM & Harmed injured.

Who goes forward? We can’t have Jones, Keath, JOD and Busslinger in our back 50!

macca
01-06-2024, 12:09 AM
Who goes forward? We can?t have Jones, Keath, JOD and Busslinger in our back 50!

Richards can play back.

We have Libba to go back into the Midfield to cover.

I hope Duryea does not get a suspension. Ridicolous really. What was Daicos doing to ignite Duryea with such a response? Seems out of character for Duryea.

Hotdog60
01-06-2024, 12:12 AM
Rypstra to debut for VDM

Testekill
01-06-2024, 12:12 AM
Keath was the weakest of the three key defenders but his experience has been really stabilising down back. However I want Busslinger to come into the team so that he can get some AFL exposure. It's two rounds till the bye so maybe Keath out and Busslinger in to see how he goes?

bulldogtragic
01-06-2024, 12:13 AM
Who goes forward? We can’t have Jones, Keath, JOD and Busslinger in our back 50!

Yeah, but the kid deserves a game. Do we manage Jones or Keath? Do we try JOD off a wing for a game?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Is there any scenario where Busslinger comes in for Darcy?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Rypstra to debut for VDM

That would be soooooo Meta Bevo.

josie
Who goes forward? We can?t have Jones, Keath, JOD and Busslinger in our back 50!

Bedendo? Just have a hunch he?ll play better in AFL. His disposal in VFL was good today, a few goal assists & more competitive 1 on 1. Cleary in if Duryea is suspended.

Richards and Libba in for VDM and Harmes.

josie
01-06-2024, 12:15 AM
Woofers-any idea how many games Darcy will miss?

azabob
01-06-2024, 12:18 AM

The media heads are saying two.

Woof hujsh says zero.

westbulldog
01-06-2024, 12:25 AM
Out Darcy Harmes Vandermeer Keath
In Richards Liberatore Busslinger Baker

hujsh
01-06-2024, 12:27 AM

Woof hujsh says zero.

I am the spirit of justice

bulldogsthru&thru
01-06-2024, 12:37 AM
He should get less weeks than Maynard got for ending a blokes career.

bornadog
01-06-2024, 01:21 AM

Woof hujsh says zero.

I say Zero as well.

Out Harmes and VDM

In: Libba and Ed

If Darcy is out, then maybe Buku comes in and plays forward?

Happy Days
01-06-2024, 01:33 AM
Out: Harmes

Finally

jeemak
01-06-2024, 03:24 AM

Woof hujsh says zero.

The ABC team said a fine, but I don't reckon that's realistic. I'd say two, one if really lucky.

Bumper Bulldogs
01-06-2024, 08:13 AM
Unfortunately Darcy plays for the Western Bulldogs so that counts against him
We are playing Brisbane so that counts against him
I can?t see him getting off at all.

Outs Darcy, VDM and Harms
Ins Buku, Richards and Libba

Jasper
01-06-2024, 08:52 AM
Unfortunately Darcy plays for the Western Bulldogs so that counts against him
We are playing Brisbane so that counts against him
I can?t see him getting off at all.

Outs Darcy, VDM and Harms
Ins Buku, Richards and Libba

I'm not so sure about Khamis coming in as a forward but it's a possibility. I'll be looking at the training reports to see if we get a heads up from GVG and Smads.

Bulldog Joe
01-06-2024, 10:04 AM

Finally

Watched the Fox interview with Sam Darcy and he gave you a mention.
All Happy Days at the Dogs

Bigdog
01-06-2024, 01:42 PM
Out
Harmes Daniel (For balance if libba is right) VDM Darcy

In
Libba Ed A.Jones Buku (Forward)

Very interested to see what they do with Darcy out. There are a few options.

Option 1 - I think the most likely is Bont plays a lot more forward. I think they need to do this anyway if libba comes in.

Option 2 - Buss comes in and JOD goes forward. I don?t think this is the week to blood another kid given the backline is starting to gel and this is must win.

However he does deserves a game. I?m shocked with how rapid his rate of improvement has been. He was a mile off the pace last year.

I think the Freo one is a better game for him to come in.

Option 3 - Buku comes in as a foward. He hasn?t played forward or shot the lights out at vfl level so not sure this is great for selection integrity.

However I think this is the best option to maintain the structure. I think highly of Bukus forward craft. Plays like jack gunston.

Option 4 - Bendendo comes in. I?m not sold on Bendendo. Don?t think his done enough to command a spot.

I think he gets a bit lost and probs not strong enough in the contest. I?m not confident he contributes at afl level.

Could be a big long term pay off if he does contribute though.

Very interesting watch.

Bigdog
01-06-2024, 01:46 PM
I couldn?t get a ticket last night. So I couldn?t work out where bramble was playing on the telecast. Was he wing?

If so maybe, Buss comes in and JOD gets moved to a wing in place of Bramble.

I?ve liked the acquisition of Bramble, however he was poor last night.

Go_Dogs
01-06-2024, 02:13 PM
If Darcy goes out, I don’t mind Buku coming in as a forward. The other option is Bont I suppose, but we need his presence in the midfield too. Maybe it’s more Bont forward with 2 other mids coming in and we add a small forward into the mix (could we sneak in an MSD debut so quickly?).

If Libba and Ed are ready to come back in, presumably they’ll take the spots if the injured Harmes and VDM. It doesn’t necessarily help our team balance, as we lose a bit of pace from our midfield rotations and perhaps our F50 mix too. Maybe McNeil comes into the 22 and Daniel goes back to sub to help keep our wheels up.

Tough selections this week.

mjp
01-06-2024, 02:27 PM

Finally

You got it done mate. Proud of your persistence. :-)

mjp
01-06-2024, 02:27 PM
If Darcy goes out.

Surely this isn't a debate?

Go_Dogs
01-06-2024, 02:39 PM
Surely this isn't a debate?

He didn’t hit him in the head and he wasn’t concussed.

The AFL outcomes are so focussed on players actually being hurt, I can see a work where he doesn’t. I expect he gets a week, but chook lotto.

Bigdog
01-06-2024, 03:10 PM
I strongly believe we should use Bont in other roles if Libba plays. Our midfield is a bit to slow with both Libba and Bont in there,

I don?t think Libba has the tools to play other roles than mid.

azabob
01-06-2024, 03:18 PM
I strongly believe we should use Bont in other roles if Libba plays. Our midfield is a bit to slow with both Libba and Bont in there,

I don?t think Libba has the tools to play other roles than mid.
But, Liberatore cannot do what Bontempelli can do in the midfield.

angelopetraglia
01-06-2024, 03:21 PM
But, Liberatore cannot do what Bontempelli can do in the midfield.

And it ain't even close. Bont has to play the majority of the time in the midfield.

GVGjr
01-06-2024, 04:08 PM
Out
Harmes Daniel (For balance if libba is right) VDM Darcy

In
Libba Ed A.Jones Buku (Forward)

Very interested to see what they do with Darcy out. There are a few options.

Option 1 - I think the most likely is Bont plays a lot more forward. I think they need to do this anyway if libba comes in.

Option 2 - Buss comes in and JOD goes forward. I don?t think this is the week to blood another kid given the backline is starting to gel and this is must win.

However he does deserves a game. I?m shocked with how rapid his rate of improvement has been. He was a mile off the pace last year.

I think the Freo one is a better game for him to come in.

Option 3 - Buku comes in as a foward. He hasn?t played forward or shot the lights out at vfl level so not sure this is great for selection integrity.

However I think this is the best option to maintain the structure. I think highly of Bukus forward craft. Plays like jack gunston.

Option 4 - Bendendo comes in. I?m not sold on Bendendo. Don?t think his done enough to command a spot.

I think he gets a bit lost and probs not strong enough in the contest. I?m not confident he contributes at afl level.

Could be a big long term pay off if he does contribute though.

Very interesting watch.

Well laid out Bigdog. With the surge in our injuries we are going to have to get creative with our line-up to help cover some of them.
To me, Buku coming in is probably the preferred option so it will be interesting to see which group he is in on Monday and Wednesdays training sessions.

mighty_west
01-06-2024, 04:09 PM
Out : Harmes, VDM.

In : Libba, Richards.

If Darcy is suspended, Buku in
If West is suspended, McNeil in.

Testekill
01-06-2024, 04:32 PM
Tom Morris is also currently on twitter trying to get West suspended for a very soft incident that was barely a bump.

https://x.com/tommorris32/status/1796756231442272361

Bigdog
01-06-2024, 05:27 PM
The other one is Lachie Smith splitting ruck 50/50 with English. His been very good at Footscray and presents well as a forward. Looks like his got a very good motor for a young ruck.

The only time I remember him being beat this year was against gws.

hujsh
01-06-2024, 06:25 PM
WESTERN Bulldogs young gun Sam Darcy has been offered a two-match ban for his late hit on Collingwood defender Brayden Maynard on Friday night.

Darcy arrived late at a contest and collected Maynard during the first quarter of the Dogs' 18-point win over the Magpies at Marvel Stadium.

The Match Review Officer graded the incident as careless conduct, high impact and high contact, meaning he can accept a two-game ban.

If they accept the suspension, the Bulldogs will be without Darcy for their matches against Brisbane and Fremantle.

With forward Aaron Naughton sidelined with a knee injury, it would be a blow for the Dogs.
Meanwhile, Rhylee West has been banned for one game for his bump on Jeremy Howe.

Taylor Duryea and Josh Daicos can accept fines for striking Nick Daicos and Lachie McNeil, respectively.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1141732/match-review-western-bulldogs-young-gun-sam-darcy-learns-fate-for-brayden-maynard-bump

JanLorMill
01-06-2024, 06:25 PM
1 week for West. Dureya a fine. 2 for Darcy

JanLorMill
01-06-2024, 06:28 PM
The other one is Lachie Smith splitting ruck 50/50 with English. His been very good at Footscray and presents well as a forward. Looks like his got a very good motor for a young ruck.

The only time I remember him being beat this year was against gws.
No chance Smith plays. Again it’s a must win. Debuting a ruck this week is madness

bulldogsthru&thru
01-06-2024, 06:29 PM
There was nothing in the West one.

Rocket Science
01-06-2024, 06:48 PM
Jeez, West's been cruelled there.

Embellishment's creeping toward plague proportions and a tedious enough blight on the code (onya AFEL) without it now costing blokes games.

I'd appeal that but it's small potatoes so we won't.

jeemak
01-06-2024, 07:14 PM
Have to appeal the West incident.

As for Darcy, is there a higher impact grade than high impact? He could have hit him harder (and nobody would have been upset about it).

SonofScray
01-06-2024, 07:39 PM
Jeez, West's been cruelled there.

Embellishment's creeping toward plague proportions and a tedious enough blight on the code (onya AFEL) without it now costing blokes games.

I'd appeal that but it's small potatoes so we won't.

They absolutely should appeal.

bornadog
01-06-2024, 07:54 PM
1 week for West. Dureya a fine. 2 for Darcy
The West one Absolutelty stinks -

bornadog
01-06-2024, 07:54 PM
Out Harmes, VDM, Darcy, West

In: Ed, Libba, Buku, Arty

azabob
01-06-2024, 08:01 PM
Out Harmes, VDM, Darcy, West

In: Ed, Libba, Buku, Arty

Arty ahead of McNeil?

Grantysghost
01-06-2024, 08:08 PM
WESTERN Bulldogs young gun Sam Darcy has been offered a two-match ban for his late hit on Collingwood defender Brayden Maynard on Friday night.

Darcy arrived late at a contest and collected Maynard during the first quarter of the Dogs' 18-point win over the Magpies at Marvel Stadium.

The Match Review Officer graded the incident as careless conduct, high impact and high contact, meaning he can accept a two-game ban.

If they accept the suspension, the Bulldogs will be without Darcy for their matches against Brisbane and Fremantle.

With forward Aaron Naughton sidelined with a knee injury, it would be a blow for the Dogs.
Meanwhile, Rhylee West has been banned for one game for his bump on Jeremy Howe.

Taylor Duryea and Josh Daicos can accept fines for striking Nick Daicos and Lachie McNeil, respectively.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1141732/match-review-western-bulldogs-young-gun-sam-darcy-learns-fate-for-brayden-maynard-bump

Prelim he gets off right? Probably fair enough considering current crack down on head high.

bornadog
01-06-2024, 08:19 PM
Arty ahead of McNeil?

McNeil comes in, Arty Sub

meenies
01-06-2024, 08:27 PM
Bring in all smalls - Richards, Jones, Clarke (if Libba still not right) and McNeil. Maybe Clarke.
This is a good chance to test without another tall. They did this in a few simulation matches and worked really well. If needed English can go forward more.

EasternWest
01-06-2024, 08:40 PM
Have to appeal the West incident.

As for Darcy, is there a higher impact grade than high impact? He could have hit him harder (and nobody would have been upset about it).

I'm finding the commentary on here around Darcy's hit on Maynard pretty bemusing.

My stance on smashing blokes unnecessarily is pretty well known and for the life of me I can't understand why there's so much guffawing about Darcy hitting Maynard.

Darcy had ample time to put his hands out and lower the impact . I know you jee were on the same side as me when Maynard hit Brayshaw, so I can't understand at all why we're laughing it off.

I'd be FILTHY if an opposition player hit o of ours like Darcy did. Filthy.

He didn't have to hit him and he chose to. I'm amazed it's only 2 weeks. We take that and run.

The Underdog
01-06-2024, 08:49 PM
I'm finding the commentary on here around Darcy's hit on Maynard pretty bemusing.

My stance on smashing blokes unnecessarily is pretty well known and for the life of me I can't understand why there's so much guffawing about Darcy hitting Maynard.

Darcy had ample time to put his hands out and lower the impact . I know you jee were on the same side as me when Maynard hit Brayshaw, so I can't understand at all why we're laughing it off.

He didn't have to hit him and he chose to. I'm amazed it's only 2 weeks. We take that and run.

I’m surprised people are defending it. I think it was more awkward than intentional, but if Maynard had of been concussed he’d be missing 4 weeks no problem. Not sure it’s particularly controversial. You could argue it wasn’t a 50 because he didn’t complete the mark, but the umps were giving 50’s away like Halloween candy early on.

EasternWest
01-06-2024, 09:06 PM
I’m surprised people are defending it. I think it was more awkward than intentional, but if Maynard had of been concussed he’d be missing 4 weeks no problem. Not sure it’s particularly controversial. You could argue it wasn’t a 50 because he didn’t complete the mark, but the umps were giving 50’s away like Halloween candy early on.

I guess maybe I'm more bothered by the "hurr durr it's Maynard so who cares" jokes around it. I mean I've got no problem with Maynard I think he's a gun, but I can see how others mightn't like him.

But laughing it off because it's him overlooks the fact that it's a really potentially dangerous thing to do.

The Bulldogs Bite
01-06-2024, 09:07 PM
The West suspension makes me hate this game more than I already do.

Might as well play touch footy at this point.

The Underdog
01-06-2024, 09:10 PM
I guess maybe I'm more bothered by the "hurr durr it's Maynard so who cares" jokes around it. I mean I've got no problem with Maynard I think he's a gun, but I can see how others mightn't like him.

But laughing it off because it's him overlooks the fact that it's a really potentially dangerous thing to do.

Yeah, fair call.

Happy Days
01-06-2024, 09:31 PM
I think Darcy should be suspended for 2 weeks but also think they should let him off because he’s really cool.

EasternWest
01-06-2024, 09:54 PM
I think Darcy should be suspended for 2 weeks but also think they should let him off because he’s really cool.

Ha I thought for sure your second part was going to be "extra two weeks because he didn't hit Harmes"

jeemak
01-06-2024, 10:22 PM

I was genuinely questioning how high impact is graded, and also believed Darcy could have gotten him even harder which would have maimed him most likely (I actually believe the impact was medium, if high is the highest you can go).

Flippantly I suggested nobody would care if he did get him harder given it was Maynard who was hit. I guess the sentiment of what goes around comes around is still strong but I don't support it, so in hindsight the comment was silly.

In game I was furious with Darcy as it was completely unnecessary and dangerous - and he could have tried to reach the ball.

EasternWest
01-06-2024, 10:24 PM
I was genuinely questioning how high impact is graded, and also believed Darcy could have gotten him even harder which would have maimed him most likely (I actually believe the impact was medium, if high is the highest you can go).

Flippantly I suggested nobody would care if he did get him harder given it was Maynard who was hit. I guess the sentiment of what goes around comes around is still strong but I don't support it, so in hindsight the comment was silly.

In game I was furious with Darcy as it was completely unnecessary and dangerous - and he could have tried to reach the ball.

I'm sorry, if you're only going to counter my points with reasonable conversation then there's only one solution. Nets.

hujsh
01-06-2024, 11:31 PM

I just can't square Darcy's hit (which would have hurt but would it have injured Maynard?) with the litany of other star players raising their elbows as they collect their opponents in the head and getting anything from a warning to a week. Especially when we know what the potential impact is from concussion and it's more than a few weeks out of the game

Like is what Darcy did comparable to this?
https://www.afl.com.au/video/884895/pickett-in-the-book-after-flying-hit-on-smith?videoId=884895&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1679131747001

Because that got 2 weeks. I just don't see the same potential for harm but maybe that's just ignorance on my part.

EasternWest
01-06-2024, 11:38 PM
I just can't square Darcy's hit (which would have hurt but would it have injured Maynard?) with the litany of other star players raising their elbows as they collect their opponents in the head and getting anything from a warning to a week. Especially when we know what the potential impact is from concussion and it's more than a few weeks out of the game

Like is what Darcy did comparable to this?
https://www.afl.com.au/video/884895/pickett-in-the-book-after-flying-hit-on-smith?videoId=884895&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1679131747001

Because that got 2 weeks. I just don't see the same potential for harm but maybe that's just ignorance on my part.

The second Darcy tucked his arm in and led with his shoulder his intent was to hurt, so in that regard yeah it's comparable. You could almost argue it's worse because he hit Maynard in the back (although I wouldn't argue the malice levels are the same)

jeemak
01-06-2024, 11:53 PM
The second Darcy tucked his arm in and led with his shoulder his intent was to hurt, so in that regard yeah it's comparable. You could almost argue it's worse because he hit Maynard in the back (although I wouldn't argue the malice levels are the same)

Picket went straight for the knockout point of Smith's jaw with his shoulder point and his action was way worse than Darcy's. Pickett and Smith for that matter are extremely lucky Smith wasn't severely maimed.

They can't be reconciled because the interpretation has been adjusted over the past 24 months, providing it doesn't involve an important final being played the following week by the offending player, in which case all bets are off.

hujsh
02-06-2024, 12:05 AM
Picket went straight for the knockout point of Smith's jaw with his shoulder point and his action was way worse than Darcy's. Pickett and Smith for that matter are extremely lucky Smith wasn't severely maimed.

They can't be reconciled because the interpretation has been adjusted over the past 24 months, providing it doesn't involve an important final being played the following week by the offending player, in which case all bets are off.

What if you're a "role model with an impressive AFL career?"

Rocco Jones
02-06-2024, 12:15 PM
Out: West, Darcy (suspension), Harmes, Vanders (injury), Keath
In: Libba, Ed, Buku, Baker, Buss

- I think Buss > Keath but get it's a risk and four changes already. Totally get going Keath.
- Temptation to go a bit smaller up forward, especially with Bont having greater freedom to go forward with Ed and Libba back. I just think we are down on smaller options too. I'd give Buku a game as a forward. He has been swung there in VFL this season and done well.
- Would like to replace West with a small forward if we can't overturn his ban but Arty hasn't done enough in the VFL. I see him as too much of a passenger risk. I'd have Baker as sub.
- What we do with Libba will be interesting. Ed, Bont, Adz all killing it. Gags and Garcia offering something different.

Grantysghost
02-06-2024, 01:00 PM
Out: West, Darcy (suspension), Harmes, Vanders (injury), Keath
In: Libba, Ed, Buku, Baker, Buss

- I think Buss > Keath but get it's a risk and four changes already. Totally get going Keath.
- Temptation to go a bit smaller up forward, especially with Bont having greater freedom to go forward with Ed and Libba back. I just think we are down on smaller options too. I'd give Buku a game as a forward. He has been swung there in VFL this season and done well.
- Would like to replace West with a small forward if we can't overturn his ban but Arty hasn't done enough in the VFL. I see him as too much of a passenger risk. I'd have Baker as sub.
- What we do with Libba will be interesting. Ed, Bont, Adz all killing it. Gags and Garcia offering something different.
Buss in v Daniher and Hipwood?

I reckon Keath has done enough to keep his spot as you qualify and as you also say might be too many changes.

Buss gets a go soon though, maybe to rest JOD.

As JT found out, once youre out of Bevo favour can be tough to get back so I dont want Keath to be forgotten. We've looked more solid with him.

angelopetraglia
02-06-2024, 01:09 PM
Four forced changes. Darcy. West. Harmes. VDM.

With that many forced changes and a good results, I would not making any other changes for overall team harmony.

So who comes in? 100% locks are Libba and Richards. That gives us extra midfield cover and allows those who had some midfield time to potentially cover the loss of Harmes and VDM.

Potential to come in are Baker, Poulter and Jones to cover West and the roles Harms and VDM play. To replace Darcy, either Khamis, Bendendo or do does a young Croft get an opportunity?

Bullies
02-06-2024, 01:20 PM
Four forced changes. Darcy. West. Harmes. VDM.

With that many forced changes and a good results, I would not making any other changes for overall team harmony.

So who comes in? 100% locks are Libba and Richards. That gives us extra midfield cover and allows those who had some midfield time to potentially cover the loss of Harmes and VDM.

Potential to come in are Baker, Poulter and Jones to cover West and the roles Harms and VDM play. To replace Darcy, either Khamis, Bendendo or do does a young Croft get an opportunity? If Scott is good to go would he not come back in. He would be up for the run with roles - Dunkley/Neale.

Happy Days
02-06-2024, 01:40 PM
If Scott is good to go would he not come back in. He would be up for the run with roles - Dunkley/Neale.

Bevo said he was unlikely

bornadog
02-06-2024, 04:06 PM
Bevo said he was unlikely

I think due to concussion. He has had a lot of concussions over the past couple of years.

Was JUH ok with his ankle. seemed to be hobbling a bit towards the end of the game

Ozza
03-06-2024, 10:20 AM
Outs: Darcy, VDM, Harmes, West
Ins: Richards, Libba, Bedendo, Baker

hujsh
03-06-2024, 10:55 AM
Changes to the named team last week in bold.

B: Lachlan Bramble, Liam Jones, Alex Keath

HB:Taylor Duryea, James O'Donnell, Bailey Dale

C:Harvey Gallagher, Adam Treloar, Bailey Williams

HF:Riley Garcia, Rory Lobb, Jack Macrae

F:Arthur Jones, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Charlie Clarke

Fol:Tim English, Ed Richards, Marcus Bontempelli

IC:Caleb Daniel, Joel Freijah, Ryley Sanders, Tom Liberatore

Out: Darcy; West; Vanders; Harmes
In: Richards; Libba; Jones; Clarke

I think we need to keep some forwards in the team and I'm not sure Croft is ready. I'd rather stock up on forward pressure through Jones and Clarke with the option to use Bont to stretch the defence (but realistically it rarely works out that just having 3 talls actually challenges a team unless we have good ball movement at which point it's less important how tall you are.) In essence they are replacing Vandermere and West so I'm more worried about the distance they cover, tackles laid etc than scoreboard impact (though 1-2 goals between them would probably cover what we lose)

Khamis is an option but I think without a weapon like Darcy's height it'd make us too stationary once the ball is on the ground for too little coming back. I'd be open to Bedendo since he's actually playing forward IF we trust him on the pressure front. Otherwise I see him being a springboard from their defence TBH

MrMahatma
03-06-2024, 12:12 PM
Outs: Darcy, VDM, Harmes, West
Ins: Richards, Libba, Bedendo, Baker

This is what I'd do.

Hopefully after the bye we get some others available.

Happy Days
03-06-2024, 12:22 PM
So do we think that Lobb is capable of playing a defensive role on Harris Andrews? Do we think he would be willing to play a defensive role? Would having to watch the passive aggressive TikTok that his partner gets him to cameo in should he be asked to play a defensive role make the whole thing a net negative?

Many questions for the MC this week.

Bullies
03-06-2024, 12:33 PM
So do we think that Lobb is capable of playing a defensive role on Harris Andrews? Do we think he would be willing to play a defensive role? Would having to watch the passive aggressive TikTok that his partner gets him to cameo in should he be asked to play a defensive role make the whole thing a net negative?

Many questions for the MC this week. Who knows which Lobb will turn up.

Before I Die
03-06-2024, 12:54 PM
If we were considering a defensive forward on Harris Andrews, I?d give that job to JOD and give Busslinger a debut down back. But my actual selection preference is to bring in Khamis, Baker, Libba, and Richards.

Curly5
03-06-2024, 12:57 PM
We're appealing West's suspension, I hear.

BornInDroopSt'54
03-06-2024, 03:34 PM
Thanks Curly that we are.
Darcy was lucky. At the time I thought 4 weeks for a vilent charge, what was he thinking, only eyes for Maynard at point of contact?
West should get off.

Countrydog5
03-06-2024, 04:50 PM
If we were considering a defensive forward on Harris Andrews, I?d give that job to JOD and give Busslinger a debut down back. But my actual selection preference is to bring in Khamis, Baker, Libba, and Richards.

I was just coming in here to suggest that. JOD has great athleticism and good hands, but I have no idea how his forward craft would fare. The risk would be playing him as a defensive forward on Andrews where he gets paid no respect and Andrews just peels off knowing JOD isn't a threat.

I'm itching to get games into Busslinger but i'm not sure it could currently happen without throwing out our team harmony.

hujsh
03-06-2024, 04:57 PM
I was just coming in here to suggest that. JOD has great athleticism and good hands, but I have no idea how his forward craft would fare. The risk would be playing him as a defensive forward on Andrews where he gets paid no respect and Andrews just peels off knowing JOD isn't a threat.

I'm itching to get games into Busslinger but i'm not sure it could currently happen without throwing out our team harmony.

He wasn't great as a forward last year and doesn't seem to have spent any time there since then. I think the risk you outline is pretty highly likely.

Mantis
03-06-2024, 05:00 PM

You would hope that if JOD was given that role he would just stand beside Harris, not even lead for the ball and be purely there to stop him taking intercept marks.

Countrydog5
03-06-2024, 05:15 PM
You would hope that if JOD was given that role he would just stand beside Harris, not even lead for the ball and be purely there to stop him taking intercept marks.

Unfortunately it doesn't really work like that. He could try to block his run to the contest, but as soon as Andrews picks up that's JODs game plan he'll just wander away from him and not even stress about the threat as a forward. You still need to be an offensive option to hold the defender accountable.

angelopetraglia
03-06-2024, 05:16 PM
VDM may be an outside chance, Scott too from today's injury report. Libba and Richards look like they are in.

Hotdog60
03-06-2024, 06:31 PM
https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/1570594/kelsey-rypstra-its-been-exciting?videoId=1570594&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1717385962001

I picked it Rypstra to debut Friday night. :)

angelopetraglia
03-06-2024, 06:43 PM
https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/1570594/kelsey-rypstra-its-been-exciting?videoId=1570594&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1717385962001

Footscray also play on Friday.

Hotdog60
03-06-2024, 06:44 PM
Footscray also play on Friday.

Damn! I was basking in my selection.

hujsh
03-06-2024, 07:05 PM

Lad has some definition in those legs when he kicks. Skinny but not far off AFL physique IMuO (u for uneducated)

EasternWest
03-06-2024, 07:24 PM
So do we think that Lobb is capable of playing

Nope

Bullies
03-06-2024, 09:24 PM
Unfortunately it doesn't really work like that. He could try to block his run to the contest, but as soon as Andrews picks up that's JODs game plan he'll just wander away from him and not even stress about the threat as a forward. You still need to be an offensive option to hold the defender accountable. Correct. Do what Frampton did in the GF last year. Lead one way and the ball comes in the other way taking him out of the contest.

mjp
04-06-2024, 12:27 PM
Unfortunately it doesn't really work like that. He could try to block his run to the contest, but as soon as Andrews picks up that's JODs game plan he'll just wander away from him and not even stress about the threat as a forward. You still need to be an offensive option to hold the defender accountable.

Sorry - wrong.

If you have a job on an interceptor, stick your elbow in his back and DO NOT LEAD! He knows better than you where the ball is going...if you lead, he will let you - and take intercept marks.

This debate is exhausting as it happens every time...just lead up and play through the non-forward with zero forward craft...

You have two options:

1/. Stick your elbow in his back and just make it a contest.
2/. Play your BEST forward on him and try to make it a 50:50 game where your best forward (in this case, Jamarra) would kick more goals than Andrews costs us with his intercept work...

The challenge with Option #2 is that it is almost impossible for a forward to play on a back like this unless you are prepared to sacrifice your game and put an elbow in his back...if you try it, Andrews will just roll off onto another forward and allow a genuine defender to take the Jamarra matchup...

There is seriously only one way here and a couple of clubs have shown this lately with the way they have combatted Tom Stewart.

Rocket Science
04-06-2024, 12:40 PM
So, Brissy have appointed their caretaker (https://www.afl.com.au/news/1144789/hes-back-ex-gold-coast-suns-coach-stuart-dew-gets-new-role-at-rival-club-brisbane-lions).

Come on lads, do it for Dewy.

HOSE B ROMERO
04-06-2024, 07:47 PM
Interesting Brisbane only have 6 injuries on their list and they're ALL knees! What are the odds?

Smads57
04-06-2024, 07:51 PM
Just reported on Ch 9 that West is free to play this week (insert smiley emoji)

jDogs
04-06-2024, 09:04 PM
Very interested to see how they replace Darcy.

Out: Harmes, VDM, Darcy
In: Libba, Richards, Jones?

Feels like we have too many mids again... does Richards go back and Freijah takes a more permanent place on the wing to replace Harmes I wonder.

HOSE B ROMERO
04-06-2024, 09:13 PM
Very interested to see how they replace Darcy.

Out: Harmes, VDM, Darcy
In: Libba, Richards, Jones?

Feels like we have too many mids again... does Richards go back and Freijah takes a more permanent place on the wing to replace Harmes I wonder.

I can't see Jones getting in. I only saw a half of the vfl on the weekend but in all the other games he is just not 'in' the game often enough. And his goal kicking is fairly average at this point. Fingers crossed that Vander makes it.

hujsh
04-06-2024, 09:50 PM
Out: Darcy; Vanders; Harmes
In: Richards; Libba; Jones

With West in I think we give Jones a shot at replacing Vandermeer and Clarke leaves my team. I suspect he's probably closer to being able to replicate the repeat efforts of Vanders and being a like for like. If he's not super involved outside that and misses some goals then is it that different to Vanders?

Edit: just realised McNeil is not in my team. I think it makes sense for him to retain a spot given his performance last week

In: Richards; Libba; McNeil to first 18.

If Vanders plays then Darcy and Harmes out, Richards and Libba in. Caleb to sub

mjp
04-06-2024, 09:53 PM
Is Scott ready to return or still in protocols?

jeemak
04-06-2024, 10:06 PM

Still unclear whether he will exit and be available I think.

bornadog
04-06-2024, 10:32 PM

Listed as Test, but Bevo said in his press conference that he won't play - but that was Friday.

There is a Press conference tomorrow at 9.30 so we will find out.

azabob
05-06-2024, 08:38 AM
With West in I think we give Jones a shot at replacing Vandermeer and Clarke leaves my team. I suspect he's probably closer to being able to replicate the repeat efforts of Vanders and being a like for like. If he's not super involved outside that and misses some goals then is it that different to Vanders?

Edit: just realised McNeil is not in my team. I think it makes sense for him to retain a spot given his performance last week

If Vanders plays then Darcy and Harmes out, Richards and Libba in. Caleb to sub

I look forward to your future edits and edits of your edits.

ledge
05-06-2024, 10:31 AM
The libba and Richards inclusions couldn’t be timed better .
Lobb and English will have to go forward when not rucking , that means Daniher might give us a bit of trouble.
Also Andrew’s will go on Jamarra so we need Lobb to stand up again.
Will we chaos ball into the forward line I wonder ?

Countrydog5
05-06-2024, 10:35 AM
Sorry - wrong.

This debate is exhausting as it happens every time...just lead up and play through the non-forward with zero forward craft...

Well it appears it's not a debate considering your first sentence. That's the funny thing about opinions, you can have differing ones and neither person be wrong. If you ever find your 'debates" are becoming exhausting, consider it's maybe because it's hard to have a reasonable discussion when one party is always "right".

bornadog
05-06-2024, 10:44 AM
The libba and Richards inclusions couldn’t be timed better .
Lobb and English will have to go forward when not rucking , that means Daniher might give us a bit of trouble.
Also Andrew’s will go on Jamarra so we need Lobb to stand up again.
Will we chaos ball into the forward line I wonder ?

Ed won't be playing

lemmon
05-06-2024, 10:46 AM
Ed won't be playing

That's a huge out for us. I know we were incredibly brave last week, but I feel like going back to the well for a second time will be an even bigger effort.

mjp
05-06-2024, 10:48 AM
Well it appears it's not a debate considering your first sentence. That's the funny thing about opinions, you can have differing ones and neither person be wrong. If you ever find your 'debates" are becoming exhausting, consider it's maybe because it's hard to have a reasonable discussion when one party is always "right".

It's not a debate.

Seen it done your way so many times. The ONLY way your 'be a threat' works is if it is the best forward with genuine craft. THEN what happens is the oppo put a genuine lockdown on that player and the interceptor is again free to go play their own game.

Some things in footy are eternal - true intercept players like Andrews could care less against a (no disrespect) forward line 'no-one' like JOD trying to hit up on them...they will just create a 2v1 and intercept mark. And if - to use JOD as an example - that player actually flukes a couple of goals, Fagan would simply change the match-up.

The ONLY way is to stick a player on him with nothing but defensive intent. Stick your elbow in his back and where he goes, you go. When he jumps, YOU JUMP. Don't try and mark it...just bring it to ground.

That's how you beat an interceptor and that's how you break a system like Brisbane's.

bulldogsthru&thru
05-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Ed won't be playing

Well that sucks.

bornadog
05-06-2024, 11:07 AM
Out: Harmes, Darcy,

In: Libba, Buku

I am presuming VDM plays as he didn't suffer a hammy but rather internal bleeding on thigh.

ledge
05-06-2024, 11:17 AM
Ed won't be playing

Ouch, I wonder what these tests are a week or two after the incident, I mean it?s it just asking questions.
Richard?s looked pissed off when he was running off the ground after it like he knew he was ok.
Libba is collapsing after it he has had multiple hits and is ok to play.
What are the actual tests they do ?

hujsh
05-06-2024, 11:22 AM
Ed won't be playing

I look forward to your future edits and edits of your edits.

Well get ready...

azabob
05-06-2024, 11:45 AM
Well get ready...

I am hitting refresh as we speak...

Pleather Sole
05-06-2024, 12:24 PM
Ouch, I wonder what these tests are a week or two after the incident, I mean it?s it just asking questions.
Richard?s looked pissed off when he was running off the ground after it like he knew he was ok.
Libba is collapsing after it he has had multiple hits and is ok to play.
What are the actual tests they do ?

There are many and I'm no expert but I've worked with people who've had concussions. Assessing concussion can be about light sensitivity, headaches, nausea, migraines, noise sensitivity, response times, visual disturbances, questions that are repeated in different patterns. Its often individual and compared to a players baseline data pre concussion/s. Some people experience a brain fog, dizziness, vertigo like symptoms after exertion. Some people experience mood variations, anger, irritations, over adrenalised responses, speech slurring or just being unable to concentrate on a task that is usually easy for them. There can also be panic responses, elevated heart rate, sweats, anxiety-kind of mild short term ptsd presentations. Other tests are neurological scan comparisons, and regular medical tests like EKG's. The other thing we now know is that some concussions result in increased recklessness because the individual is hampered by the injury and is unaware of risks. Elite athletes are conditioned to push through and they can be a very tricky cohort.

hujsh
05-06-2024, 12:35 PM
Out: Darcy; West; Vanders; Harmes
In: Richards; Libba; Jones; Clarke

Out: Darcy; Harmes
In: Libba; McNeil (Caleb Sub)

Sounds like Vanders is right so we bring back Libba, give McNeil his chocolates and send Caleb to purgatory or the VFL IDK what the deal is with him right now.

mjp
05-06-2024, 12:40 PM

It's symptom based.

So you need to report where you are at in order to move into the 'next stage' of the protocol...

It starts with total rest - if you can get through 3-days symptom free (headaches, blurred vision, nausea etc) then you move to the next stage which is light exercise...to intense exercise...to modified training (no contact) to full training (but no contact) to full training including contact...

Getting back in 14-days now is really marginal which is why the AFL have mandated 21-days for all other levels where the levels of medical scrutiny are not as rigorous...and remember, 21-days almost certainly means 4-weeks between games (3-games missed) UNLESS the player is able to get a medical assessment on day 1 (day after concussion) and reports as symptom free...

Grantysghost
05-06-2024, 12:47 PM
It's not a debate.

Seen it done your way so many times. The ONLY way your 'be a threat' works is if it is the best forward with genuine craft. THEN what happens is the oppo put a genuine lockdown on that player and the interceptor is again free to go play their own game.

Some things in footy are eternal - true intercept players like Andrews could care less against a (no disrespect) forward line 'no-one' like JOD trying to hit up on them...they will just create a 2v1 and intercept mark. And if - to use JOD as an example - that player actually flukes a couple of goals, Fagan would simply change the match-up.

The ONLY way is to stick a player on him with nothing but defensive intent. Stick your elbow in his back and where he goes, you go. When he jumps, YOU JUMP. Don't try and mark it...just bring it to ground.

That's how you beat an interceptor and that's how you break a system like Brisbane's.
Why doesn't anyone ever do it?

Mofra
05-06-2024, 01:17 PM
IIRC a few teams have done that to Stewart in the last month and - queue surprise - they're losing.

West had actually done this a few times this year.

Rocco Jones
05-06-2024, 01:34 PM

I think because the task can be difficult even if done right. Then you’re left with reduced offensive threat with the interceptor still a similar amount of damage.

Part of the difficulty is the task is now rare it be used. Hard to build experience/momentum. The elite interceptors as I see them are Andrews, J McGovern, Sicily, Stewart and Luke Ryan. They are pretty diverse. It might be an assignment that suits a particular player 1-3 x a season.

Also it goes against players natural instincts and requires a lot of discipline and a lack of fragility.

lemmon
05-06-2024, 01:41 PM
I think because the task can be difficult even if done right. Then you?re left with reduced offensive threat with the interceptor still a similar amount of damage.

Part of the difficulty is the task is now rare it be used. Hard to build experience/momentum. The elite interceptors as I see them are Andrews, J McGovern, Sicily, Stewart and Luke Ryan. They are pretty diverse. It might be an assignment that suits a particular player 1-3 x a season.

Also it goes against players natural instincts and requires a lot of discipline and a lack of fragility.

It's interesting because Sydney took the opposite approach with Amartey and Liam Jones. Jones played loose off him and Amartey stung Jones the other way with a few goals because he was given so much leg rope.

Jones had more impact on the game, but you'd be happy with two goals out of Amartey every day of the week.

mjp
05-06-2024, 02:04 PM
It's interesting because Sydney took the opposite approach with Amartey and Liam Jones. Jones played loose off him and Amartey stung Jones the other way with a few goals because he was given so much leg rope.

Jones had more impact on the game, but you'd be happy with two goals out of Amartey every day of the week.

Yeah - but classic case of the Bulldogs coaches deciding that the 'threat' of Amartey was less than that of other players...so Jones rolls off him (if that was the instruction) and Amartey kicks 2.

Jones is not an interceptor to the level of Andrews though - he is a defend first player and an awesome help defender who will leave his oppo to create a 2v1 + spoil more than the classic McGovern/Stewart style "I'll run my race...you do what you want" type player.

It's funny though speaking of McGovern. The play everyone remembers - when he leaves De Goey to push forward and take the bit clunk with 2-mins to go in the 2018 grand final is actually more like a Liam Jones style play...he is - and this is to CD's point I guess - at least semi engaged with De Goey in the lead up to that play...but ultimately he doesn't give a flying you know what about De Goey when the ball is in the air...he leaves him and flyes for what is basically an uncontested "contested" mark. If De Goey was to launch as well and bring the ball to ground - which he 100/100 should have when matched up vs McGovern, then Collingwood probably win, Buckley never gets sacked and who knows where the Pies are now...maybe Macrae is coaching Richmond???

Axe Man
05-06-2024, 02:26 PM
The elite interceptors as I see them are Andrews, J McGovern, Sicily, Stewart and Luke Ryan.

Jones is not an interceptor to the level of Andrews though - he is a defend first player and an awesome help defender who will leave his oppo to create a 2v1 + spoil more than the classic McGovern/Stewart style "I'll run my race...you do what you want" type player.

Not arguing against you guys here but to do you know who is number 2 (behind Andrews) for intercept marks this season? Our very own 33 year old Liam Jones. McGovern is 7, Stewart 12 and Sicily and Ryan miles down the list. Sam Taylor in 3rd amazingly has 40 intercepts from only 50 total marks, with 24 of them contested.

Obviously there much more to it than raw intercept mark numbers but it does make interesting reading and I was surprised by some of the numbers.

mjp
05-06-2024, 02:30 PM

It's hard.

It's easy to say, hard to do. Most players who get given the role see space and can't help but lead into it...so the impact becomes low. If you watch the way a couple of teams have handled Stewart lately it is exactly like this...don't take front spot and let him roll off/get a jump. Play behind him, "guide" (aka push) him into the contest/under the ball and force them to defend 5-v-5...the Cats have a heap of release players down the back half but not a great deal of marking power and contested ground balls are 100% not their thing...

Stewart has then been moved to the wing and tried to roll back which has led to some 7-v-7 d50 scenarios that you would generally take as a back '6' (more numbers = good) but again, they aren't great ground ball players back there so Geelong crowding up there own D50 tended to cause confusion...but then again, they're getting smashed in the mids which is really the crux of their issues...

mjp
05-06-2024, 02:34 PM
Not arguing against you guys here but to do you know who is number 2 (behind Andrews) for intercept marks this season? Our very own 33 year old Liam Jones...

Not arguing that he is effective. Just saying he does it in a different way. Jones actually plays on an opponent...Andrews really rolls off at the first chance. Jones is a HELP defender. Andrews is an INTERCEPT defender.

Jones plays his position and takes marks by supporting his team-mates/creating 2-v-1s when the chance is there. Andrews plays like Stephen May and McGovern (both of those guys have had to defend 1-v-1 a lot more this year in struggling sides)...they WILL play on an opponent but focus on reading the attacking patterns, teasing the kicker and hunting intercepts.

I think Taylor is more like Jones but I suspect over the next couple of years will move more and more to become a pure intercept player.

Rocco Jones
05-06-2024, 02:47 PM
Yep, Liam Jones isn't purely/primarily an interceptor. He is 1:1 + intercept combo. I think he is ridiculously underrated.

Taylor, May and Jones are all enormously valuable. Weitering maybe more 1:1 than intercept, but him too. The players who can go 1:1 vs opposition's most dangerous tall + intercept + do team defence things. Crazy, crazy valuable.

Grantysghost
05-06-2024, 03:09 PM
This chat is epic. Thanks all!

bornadog
05-06-2024, 04:32 PM
Is he in?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GPSBXcMbwAAylWr?format=jpg&name=medium

Countrydog5
05-06-2024, 05:28 PM
For Gary or Smads (or whoever else can answer), when does the team typically get announced to the players and where is it done? Is it done behind closed doors on the morning of the captains run etc? So when you guys are looking at body language, training intensity on the track etc. it's likely the players already know if they're in the team or not?

Smads57
05-06-2024, 06:11 PM
For Gary or Smads (or whoever else can answer), when does the team typically get announced to the players and where is it done? Is it done behind closed doors on the morning of the captains run etc? So when you guys are looking at body language, training intensity on the track etc. it's likely the players already know if they're in the team or not?
With both the Clarke and Freijah ‘announcements’, they were done on the ground later in the main training session for the week they debuted. Re the ‘Captains run’, it is typically after the teams are announced. For us this week (playing Friday), today was the main session and tomorrow will be the captains run and therefore before the team is announced.
I guess it’s a week to week proposition whether we are lucky enough to witness a player’s debut announcement while watching a training session - hope that helps.

GVGjr
05-06-2024, 06:11 PM

I'm assuming it mainly happens in their conference room but debuting players are typically done on the field.
I'm going to see about organising a tour of the facility soon so I'll ask the question on how the MC communicates team selection to the group. There was a bit of an announcement this morning after the warm-ups were completed and I assumed it was to officially acknowledge Kelsey Rypstra to the team in his first full session but it might have been something else.
Hope that helps.

BornInDroopSt'54
05-06-2024, 08:45 PM
Great postings WOOFers.
Giving great insights, hard earned.

hujsh
06-06-2024, 07:24 PM
Libba and Buku in, Harmes and Darcy out

Bench:
[27] Joel Freijah, [12] Harvey Gallagher, [24] Buku Khamis, [30] Lachlan McNeil, [9] Ryley Sanders

bornadog
06-06-2024, 07:26 PM
As expected

azabob
06-06-2024, 07:28 PM
AFL Team | Round 13
Western Bulldogs v Brisbane Lions
Friday June 7, 7:40pm AEST
Marvel Stadium, Docklands • Wurundjeri
Broadcast: Channel 7, Fox Footy/Kayo

B: Lachie Bramble, Liam Jones, Alex Keath
HB: Taylor Duryea, James O’Donnell, Bailey Dale
C: Caleb Daniel, Adam Treloar, Bailey Williams
HF: Riley Garcia, Rory Lobb, Jack Macrae
F: Laith Vandermeer, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Rhylee West
FOLL: Tim English, Marcus Bontempelli, Tom Liberatore
INT: Harvey Gallagher, Joel Freijah, Lachie McNeil, Ryley Sanders, Buku Khamis
EMG: Caleb Poulter, Luke Cleary, Oskar Baker

In: Tom Liberatore, Buku Khamis
Out: Sam Darcy (suspended), James Harmes (hamstring)

The Bulldogs Bite
06-06-2024, 07:28 PM
Looking at the names on paper, Brisbane looks a fair bit stronger.

Good test for our system and 'team'.

HOSE B ROMERO
06-06-2024, 07:29 PM
Libba and Buku in, Harmes and Darcy out

Bench:
[27] Joel Freijah, [12] Harvey Gallagher, [24] Buku Khamis, [30] Lachlan McNeil, [9] Ryley Sanders

Happy with that. Buku's been pretty consistent in the 2's. Maybe the sub. Personally i'd like to see him up forward.
Relieved for Vander. He deserves some luck.

The Pie Man
06-06-2024, 07:43 PM
Happy with that. Buku's been pretty consistent in the 2's. Maybe the sub. Personally i'd like to see him up forward.
Relieved for Vander. He deserves some luck.

Surely Buku does play forward?

If so, I see it as a good move. He can play F50 really well

Bullies
06-06-2024, 07:48 PM
Surely Buku does play forward?

If so, I see it as a good move. He can play F50 really well Agree. Hopefully not down back. Forward seems to be his go to.

hujsh
06-06-2024, 08:31 PM
Buku trained with the defenders all week from reports though didn't he? Isn't that strange if we plan to play him forward?

Grantysghost
06-06-2024, 08:42 PM
Buku trained with the defenders all week from reports though didn't he? Isn't that strange if we plan to play him forward?
Considering no Naughton and Darcy it makes sense he is forward.

hujsh
06-06-2024, 08:43 PM
Considering no Naughton and Darcy it makes sense he is forward.

But what about the thing what I said?

Grantysghost
06-06-2024, 08:46 PM
But what about the thing what I said?
Oh that...
Yes agree of course!

whythelongface
06-06-2024, 09:23 PM
Does McNeil go sub again? Can’t see Buku being sub.

Testekill
07-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Does McNeil go sub again? Can’t see Buku being sub.

Probably although it's a shame if he were to be a sub after being pretty good last week.

Bulldog Joe
07-06-2024, 08:32 PM
Well Buku is the sub.

Just spoke to Mark Stevens and he agrees that it is dumb.
Perhaps they are hoping he can come on late when everyone is tired and just clunk a few.

The Bulldogs Bite
07-06-2024, 08:33 PM
I would think a runner late would be more important than adding Khamis.

Good thing is Khamis can provide cover at either end though