PDA

View Full Version : Saints V Bulldogs - Round 6, 18/4/24 Marvel Stadium 7:30PM AEST

Pages : [1] 2

Eastdog
16-04-2024, 11:49 PM
Margin: Dogs by 3 points

First goal: Aaron Naughton

Best on ground: Adam Treloar

bornadog
17-04-2024, 12:49 AM
Dogs by 27
First Goal: Weightman

BOG: Bont

azabob
17-04-2024, 08:19 AM
Dogs by 13 points
Jamarra to kick the first
Bontempelli BOG

SquirrelGrip
17-04-2024, 07:35 PM
Dogs by 25.

First goal Lobb
BOG Bont

DOG GOD
17-04-2024, 07:38 PM
Saints by 9 points
1st goal - Weightman
Bog - Bont

mighty_west
17-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Dogs by 16
1st goal - West
BOG - Bont

The Bulldogs Bite
17-04-2024, 07:49 PM
Saints by 32.
FG Lobb
BOG Bont

Libba and Marra are two big outs. Our distributors are out of the team or form (ie Daniel and Dale). Marshall always troubles English. Saints are generally well disciplined and hard working.

I think our effort will be better (I mean, could it get worse?) but it won't be enough. 2-4 is a very ugly start.

chef
17-04-2024, 08:03 PM
Saints by 42
BOG West
First goal West

SonofScray
17-04-2024, 08:21 PM
Saints by 71 points
BOG Buku
First goal BRAMBLE

Grantysghost
17-04-2024, 08:42 PM
Saints by 50
FG LVDM
BOG Jones

MrMahatma
17-04-2024, 09:48 PM
Ross by 45
First goal: Ross Lyon
BOG: Ross Lyon

Go_Dogs
17-04-2024, 09:53 PM
My first genuine attendance for the year (the second half of which I saw not much in Rd one doesn’t count) tomorrow with in-laws in town from Adelaide to help with the kids. You beauty.

Hopefully a decent showing…

Dogs by 5
BOG Bont
First goal Lobbster

Mantis
18-04-2024, 10:25 AM
Really interested to see what tactics we employ tonight.. if we allow the likes of Hill, Sinclair & Wanganeen-Milera to run around unopposed we will be in for a long evening.

We have a very different team in to when we played them last year (10 different players) so whilst in essence that result was shit and a turning point in 2023, given the huge turnover in personnel it's rather irrelevant.

azabob
18-04-2024, 10:32 AM
Really interested to see what tactics we employ tonight.. if we allow the likes of Hill, Sinclair & Wanganeen-Milera to run around unopposed we will be in for a long evening.

We have a very different team in to when we played them last year (10 different players) so whilst in essence that result was shit and a turning point in 2023, given the huge turnover in personnel it's rather irrelevant.

Also I mentioned the day is the other big watch out is Rowan Marshall. He typically toys with English both physically and athletically.

Hopefully Lobb's ankle is ok so he can help with rucking.

Happy Days
18-04-2024, 10:35 AM
There’s an 8:50 screening of Challengers at the Sun that I will be attending if the first 45 minutes or so of the game look as typically disappointing as we’ve come to expect of this group.

Sedat
18-04-2024, 10:41 AM

Sinclair hasn't fired a shot this season yet, off the back of limited preparation in pre-season. The other 2 are probably the quinella in their B&F to date and are incredibly dangerous. Hill's running power is awesome and Wanganeen-Milera is a fantastic user of the ball off half-back. I think Essendon did a job on both so I hope we've gone to school to see what they did to curtail their biggest weapons.

lemmon
18-04-2024, 10:46 AM
Also I mentioned the day is the other big watch out is Rowan Marshall. He typically toys with English both physically and athletically.

Absolutely - and he's the form big man in the game at the moment. It's not the worst week for Marra out, Lobb in in that regard. We're going to need Rory to graft hard in the ruck.

Mantis
18-04-2024, 10:58 AM

Can you please point out in which previous games between the 2 teams this has happened?

It was pretty much a nil all draw last year when both rucks played well with their stats almost identical.

In 2022 Marshall probably had the better of English, but we smacked them around the ball winning the clearances 41-21 and we won pretty easily.

We then go back to 2020 for other clashes... the game early in the season Marshall slightly shaded Tim, but in the final it was Ryder who got on top when Tim pretty much had to ruck solo.

Maybe your memory is different to mine.

ledge
18-04-2024, 11:19 AM
Watch the big bloke with the tatts tear us apart , just the kind of player who does it to us.
He is a good hard honest player Membrey.

Mantis
18-04-2024, 11:38 AM
Watch the big bloke with the tatts tear us apart , just the kind of player who does it to us.
He is a good hard honest player Membrey.

He's kicked 13 goals in his previous 9 appearances against us and only kicked over 3 once... in racing terms I prefer others.

And BTW he's the same size as Ed who I've never heard described as 'big'.

EasternWest
18-04-2024, 12:09 PM
He's kicked 13 goals in his previous 9 appearances against us and only kicked over 3 once... in racing terms I prefer others.

That's a bit disingenuous though, he'd be considerably heavier than Richards and plays a much more "big forward" role.

I think Membrey is a good player, but agree not sure he's the one to tear us apart.

Happy Days
18-04-2024, 12:13 PM
Jack Steele is fully back and is going to wreck us on the inside. I really don’t like this game tonight for us.

G-Mo77
18-04-2024, 12:21 PM
Jack Steele is fully back and is going to wreck us on the inside. I really don’t like this game tonight for us.

Being a Thursday night I can see a positive if this gets out of hand early and hitting the hay at half time.

ledge
18-04-2024, 12:23 PM

That’s my point an average player will come out of nowhere to beat us.
They have lost King he will be the one.
We have a record of letting average players have great games . Eg Billings, Stringer last week, Brown at Melbourne.

Mantis
18-04-2024, 12:33 PM
That’s my point an average player will come out of nowhere to beat us.
They have lost King he will be the one.
We have a record of letting average players have great games . Eg Billings, Stringer last week, Brown at Melbourne.

If Jake's game last week is can be classified as great, then **** me sideways.

He kicked 2 goals, had 11 kicks and was the 29th highest rated player on the ground.

You've lost the plot.

Scorlibo
18-04-2024, 01:25 PM
If Jake's game last week is can be classified as great, then **** me sideways.

He kicked 2 goals, had 11 kicks and was the 29th highest rated player on the ground.

You've lost the plot.

I wouldn't describe it as a 'great' game either, but he was one of the more influential players.

On player ratings he was ranked 6th, not 29th.

ratsmac
18-04-2024, 01:30 PM
Dogs by enough
First goal - Weightman
BOG- Jones

ledge
18-04-2024, 01:37 PM
Dogs by enough
First goal - Weightman
BOG- Jones

A full back as BOG probably means we get belted :-(

Scorlibo
18-04-2024, 01:38 PM
Stating the bleeding obvious but the season's on the line tonight. If we don't square the ledger odds are that we go 2-5 with Fremantle next week, a deep hole. Got to come out snarling, play for each other, play for the jumper.

Dogs by 5 points
First goal Darcy
BOG Bontempelli

Mofra
18-04-2024, 01:42 PM
Sinclair hasn't fired a shot this season yet, off the back of limited preparation in pre-season. The other 2 are probably the quinella in their B&F to date and are incredibly dangerous. Hill's running power is awesome and Wanganeen-Milera is a fantastic user of the ball off half-back. I think Essendon did a job on both so I hope we've gone to school to see what they did to curtail their biggest weapons.
Garcia & Harmes, come on down.

I'm worried they will outrun us. It's just about my only worry, apart from Marshall killing Timmy

meenies
18-04-2024, 01:50 PM
we win by 10 points
Darcy kicks first goal in first 2 minutes
Anyone BUT Bont BOG - can we please win without relying on the skipper being BOG

Mantis
18-04-2024, 02:05 PM
Garcia & Harmes, come on down.

I'm worried they will outrun us. It's just about my only worry, apart from Marshall killing Timmy

I would like to think that Garcia will play big minutes in the middle and might be physically ill if the starting 3 are Bont, Macrae & Treloar.

And Garcia was on Sinclair for large parts last year (when Sinclair tore us apart) and as is the mindset of our forwards he didn't care too much about defending or chasing... hopefully there will be a mindset shift tonight.

SonofScray
18-04-2024, 02:20 PM
Should I bother going?

Never in a million years would I have ever thought I'd not be bothered going to see the Dogs play, but the dispassionate, rote, repetitious nature of our footy, how far they are removed from what I want from a team representing Footscray has me feeling like its just a waste of time.

Mantis
18-04-2024, 02:31 PM
Should I bother going?

Never in a million years would I have ever thought I'd not be bothered going to see the Dogs play, but the dispassionate, rote, repetitious nature of our footy, how far they are removed from what I want from a team representing Footscray has me feeling like its just a waste of time.

I feel the same... The thought of going to watch us (potentially/probably) play like shit and then have to trudge home knowing I won't get home to about 11 and I have big day of work tomorrow doesn't inspire me to want to go.

Best I just stay home and vent in here.

GVGjr
18-04-2024, 03:58 PM
Windhager to Bont tonight?

SonofScray
18-04-2024, 04:01 PM
I feel the same... The thought of going to watch us (potentially/probably) play like shit and then have to trudge home knowing I won't get home to about 11 and I have big day of work tomorrow doesn't inspire me to want to go.

Best I just stay home and vent in here.

I'm going to go punch the heavy bag for an hour after I finish off some work here and make up my mind after a shower if I want to subject myself to it. Current mood says no. Which is bad news for folk also following along in this thread at home because I'll go nuclear if things go the way I expect. Even worse, I won't be happy if we win.

GVGjr
18-04-2024, 04:10 PM
I'm going to go punch the heavy bag for an hour after I finish off some work here and make up my mind after a shower if I want to subject myself to it. Current mood says no. Which is bad news for folk also following along in this thread at home because I'll go nuclear if things go the way I expect. Even worse, I won't be happy if we win.

Love your passion SoS.

Pleather Sole
18-04-2024, 04:18 PM
https://x.com/7AFL/status/1780741027709469095 (https://x.com/7AFL/status/1780741027709469095)https://D

x.com/7AFL/status/1780741027709469095

Pleather Sole
18-04-2024, 04:24 PM
https://x.com/7AFL/status/1780741027709469095https://D

x.com/7AFL/status/1780741027709469095
Final minutes of Dogs v Saints Circa 2000

angelopetraglia
18-04-2024, 04:38 PM
Can?t make it to the game tonight due to coaching commitments for my daughter?s basketball team. Will probably miss most of the first half on the TV too.

Hopefully we are up for the fight and show some good old fashioned grit.

Dogs by 1
BOG Bont
FG Naughton

SquirrelGrip
18-04-2024, 05:41 PM
I remember the last time Lobb played on Zaine at Marvel and smashed it. I hope it happens again.

kruder
18-04-2024, 06:29 PM
Looking forward to Darcy playing the majority of minutes inside 50 tonight I have a feeling he will do some damage.

Are we consistent enough with our effort to beat the Saints under Ross? That's the big question, I just wanna see us bring the heat so we can visually see a response from the group after that pathetic second half last week.

Half back flankers are all on notice(bar ED) if they don't get on their bike we wont score over 10 goals and it will be a bleak few days on woof indeed.

Fingers crossed Garcia and Harmes can add some bite.

Go_Dogs
18-04-2024, 06:46 PM
I would like to think that Garcia will play big minutes in the middle and might be physically ill if the starting 3 are Bont, Macrae & Treloar.

And Garcia was on Sinclair for large parts last year (when Sinclair tore us apart) and as is the mindset of our forwards he didn't care too much about defending or chasing... hopefully there will be a mindset shift tonight.

Bring your spew bag…

SonofScray
18-04-2024, 07:14 PM
Toiled over it.

I wrapped up work, did my training, had a shower, got dressed for the footy. Got in the car, drove to the end of the street. Turned around and came home.

Decided I'm not putting myself through it. Won't bother again until I decide the club and the players are fair dinkum. Have missed less than a handful of home games in 35 years.

Mantis
18-04-2024, 07:16 PM
Toiled over it.

I wrapped up work, did my training, had a shower, got dressed for the footy. Got in the car, drove to the end of the street. Turned around and came home.

Decided I'm not putting myself through it. Won't bother again until I decide the club and the players are fair dinkum. Have missed less than a handful of home games in 35 years.

Lucky for you we?re the away team tonight. 😉

SonofScray
18-04-2024, 07:19 PM
Lucky for you we?re the away team tonight. ��

Haha, I'll give myself a reprieve! Even though I meant games in Victoria.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-04-2024, 07:22 PM
Personally I'm looking forward to reading your posts tonight SOS!

azabob
18-04-2024, 07:24 PM
Well… I’m coming in via the Crazyburn line and 25 minute delays…

Exactly the same thing happened last Friday night.

I wish I took SoS advice and turned around and went home.

It’s also cold and wet.

I’m now just sooking, lucky I have Baxter Dury as my soundtrack…

Happy Days
18-04-2024, 07:28 PM
Yep the trains were stuffed on the way home about half an hour ago. Must’ve been those two minutes of rain earlier today.

HOSE B ROMERO
18-04-2024, 07:29 PM
Toiled over it.

Understandable.
I feel a bit guilty for not going but I've had just about enough of the ground experience rather than the team.

Saints by 5

first goal Darce

bog Steele

Go Dogs!

EasternWest
18-04-2024, 07:33 PM

Could be reminiscent of a certain night in 2021.

SonofScray
18-04-2024, 07:34 PM

essendon and St Kilda have the ability to make me get a bit unhinged so two weeks in a row in the current circumstances,mstances is a test of my humanity!

I really do hope we see more of the glimmers that have emerged from the summer. There's been handful of fleeting passages of running the footy through the middle and swift ball movement that sat me up in my seat. If we get more of that and a few players prepared to be a physical presence when we don't have the ball, I'll find some joy in the game.

angelopetraglia
18-04-2024, 07:34 PM
Sanders is the sub

ledge
18-04-2024, 07:36 PM
Sanders is the sub

Absolutely stupid in my opinion. Will he throw the water bottle before the game ?
But then again I think you all know my thoughts.

G-Mo77
18-04-2024, 07:46 PM
Sanders is the sub

Sometimes you've just got to laugh. ��

Go_Dogs
18-04-2024, 07:57 PM
Gee whiz, not great. I’m currently on tram and there’s a few supporters about for both sides but wouldn’t say it’s packed like it often is for a night game.

Grantysghost
18-04-2024, 08:00 PM
Sanders is the sub

I don't mind that. Midfield sub is ok.

Grantysghost
18-04-2024, 08:01 PM
Gee whiz, not great. I’m currently on tram and there’s a few supporters about for both sides but wouldn’t say it’s packed like it often is for a night game.
Apparently power failure at Southern Cross? Might be a few rocking up late.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-04-2024, 08:06 PM
Rather Sanders be given a full game or play VFL. I'd be fine with either, don't see any point him being the sub.

Bramble has been poor for a few weeks and is lucky to be in the side.

Bumper Bulldogs
18-04-2024, 08:06 PM
Dogs by 21 points after a disappointing week
1st Goal Lobb
BOG Bont after a disappointing week

The Underdog
18-04-2024, 08:14 PM
I’m at Marvel, waiting for the game and listening to a podcast with my AirPods at full volume. Struggling to hear it over the music in the ground. Real close to becoming a full time VFL / local footy guy.

Anyway, Dogs by a point
BOG : Bont
First and last goal: Lobb

The Underdog
18-04-2024, 08:18 PM
Rather Sanders be given a full game or play VFL. I'd be fine with either, don't see any point him being the sub.

Bramble has been poor for a few weeks and is lucky to be in the side.

Send him the message to not be a petulant entitled shit? Just a thought.

jeemak
18-04-2024, 08:22 PM
The out and out dick sucking of Ross Lyon makes me laugh. I get he's a great coach who's never quite nailed it, but they're not setting the world on fire. What happens to him if they go 2-4 after tonight?

Finally David King admits our list isn't great and gives Bevo credit for his results the past few years. Is he going to be the first to wake up?

jeemak
18-04-2024, 08:23 PM

Seriously Riley Sanders needs to eat some cement if he's upset with his lot. He's living the dream right now.

Bumper Bulldogs
18-04-2024, 08:26 PM
Looks like Richards will get some midfield time. I like that a lot

jeemak
18-04-2024, 08:27 PM
Just showed ratings for Marshall being average for hitouts to advantage, and Tim being above average for this year, and the takeaway is that English isn't a tap ruckman........

The Underdog
18-04-2024, 08:27 PM
Looks like Richards will get some midfield time. I like that a lot

Garcia warming up with the forwards. Not as great.

The Underdog
18-04-2024, 08:28 PM
Just showed stats for Marshall being average for hitouts to advantage, and Tim being above average for this year, and the takeaway is that English isn't a tap ruckman........

Marshall 4th in the comp for clearances, which Tim definitely isn’t.

ledge
18-04-2024, 08:29 PM
Seriously Riley Sanders needs to eat some cement if he's upset with his lot. He's living the dream right now.

I think he has been totally misread . The media go with a bad story rather than a good one .
He is 18 yo and released his anger due to being subbed after an 8 possession game in 3/4s. I think we leave the kid alone and maybe give him some love that he is upset with himself , I would be upset too.

jeemak
18-04-2024, 08:29 PM
Marshall 4th in the comp for clearances, which Tim definitely isn’t.

I have no issues with that. Rather, just looking at their own ratings and drawing conclusions that don't make sense.

One player rated lower in a category, so the higher rated player gets called out. Dumb.

BornInDroopSt'54
18-04-2024, 08:30 PM

Is Ryley upset?

azabob
18-04-2024, 08:30 PM
The out and out dick sucking of Ross Lyon makes me laugh. I get he's a great coach who's never quite nailed it, but they're not setting the world on fire. What happens to him if they go 2-4 after tonight?

Finally David King admits our list isn't great and gives Bevo credit for his results the past few years. Is he going to be the first to wake up?

I hate to tell you but… King already highlight a couple of weeks ago our list is battling and doubled down on Monday just gone. But I best not say so cause agreeing with King is a fopar on woof.

ledge
18-04-2024, 08:31 PM
I am worried about our mids getting smacked and run through goals happening

MrMahatma
That’s beer #2 done.

I’m ok. I’m ok

azabob

Harsh take.

The Underdog
I have no issues with that. Rather, just looking at their own ratings and drawing conclusions that don't make sense.

One player rated lower in a category, so the higher rated player gets called out. Dumb.

Hard agree.

The Underdog
18-04-2024, 08:33 PM
Harsh take.

Sorry, had just read 100 dickheads on Twitter reacting to this with Sack Bevo and talking about Sanders leaving.

Grantysghost
18-04-2024, 08:33 PM
Richards in the guts wowee. Love it.

The Underdog
18-04-2024, 08:34 PM
Nice goal for a back man

The Bulldogs Bite
18-04-2024, 08:34 PM
Richards in the guts wowee. Love it.

About to post the same thing and said it to my old man today.

Love to see us try this.

jeemak
18-04-2024, 08:35 PM
I hate to tell you but? King already highlight a couple of weeks ago our list is battling and doubled down on Monday just gone. But I best not say so cause agreeing with King is a fopar on woof.

Good for him, he's only 52 weeks or so behind me. :)

comrade
18-04-2024, 08:38 PM
That was shit house from Williams.

SonofScray
18-04-2024, 08:40 PM
Harmes looks like he runs on sand.

comrade
18-04-2024, 08:42 PM
We just look so average.

It?s the first game I?ve actually been able to sit and watch properly and it?s so noticeable that we just aren?t very formidable.

ledge
18-04-2024, 08:43 PM
Dale in everything

G-Mo77
18-04-2024, 08:45 PM
We just look so average.

It?s the first game I?ve actually been able to sit and watch properly and it?s so noticeable that we just aren?t very formidable.

So do they. ��

jeemak
18-04-2024, 08:47 PM
Great tackle Garcia.

Great crumbing from Cody. Good finish. Come on lads!

comrade
18-04-2024, 08:48 PM
So do they. ��

Yep, rough viewing.

lemmon
Excellent from Weightman. He just went harder than anyone else at that ball. Outstanding.

Props to Garcia for that rundown on the forward flank too. Saw the opportunity and nailed him

The Bulldogs Bite
Brilliant by Garcia there.

westdog54
That's outstanding vision from Garcia.

jeemak
18-04-2024, 08:49 PM
Great vision Garcia.

Jacko didn't spill it then when others have in similar situations.

Come on lads!!!!

whythelongface
We just look so average.

Is it our style? Ball movement? Anything in particular ?

SonofScray
Garcia fantastic running and vision there.

Grantysghost
Sonny looks like he belongs

whythelongface
18-04-2024, 08:50 PM
Garc?a looks good

lemmon
18-04-2024, 08:50 PM
Garcia planting his flag right now. He wants that first 22 spot.

westdog54
18-04-2024, 08:51 PM
Weightman getting off the leash early. Love it.

jeemak
18-04-2024, 08:52 PM
That's just awesome ball movement. And a great finish.

The Bulldogs Bite
Weightman on fire.

Only issue he's either on fire or frozen.

Grantysghost
Dale and Cody on fire.

lemmon
The Cody show.

Bailey Dale has clearly responded to last week. He's running as hard as Ive seen in 12 months.

jeemak
18-04-2024, 08:53 PM
I wish Cody was a crumbing forward.

westdog54
Garcia into the centre and gets three touches in 10 seconds

whythelongface
Great work Dale, Williams and Cody

The Bulldogs Bite
Garcia looks great in the middle.

westdog54
So Naughton CAN bounce and kick on the run.

jeemak
18-04-2024, 08:54 PM
Great finish from Naughton. Again, on the back of good ball movement.

SonofScray
WEIGHTMAN worth going for when he plays like this.

St Kilda terrible, can’t take anything from this start.

G-Mo77
5 - 1. Wowee.

Grantysghost
I've always advocated Naughton bouncing it and playing forward.

BornInDroopSt'54
18-04-2024, 08:55 PM

This new site exposes my ignorance.
Why is Jeemak qouted noq?

Garcia is doing a Libba.

jeemak
18-04-2024, 08:57 PM
Gutsy ball movement wins the segment again. Well done lads.

westdog54
18-04-2024, 08:57 PM
Could seriously get used to Garcia in centre clearances.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-04-2024, 09:00 PM
Best we've looked since 2021.

westdog54
18-04-2024, 09:00 PM
We wanted a statement. We're getting a statement.

jeemak
18-04-2024, 09:03 PM
Any other night they get a red time goal then. Intensity was up and we kept one out.

Great first quarter.

GVGjr
We wanted a statement. We're getting a statement.

A comment from a Saints mate I'm at the game with.
"While it's still early - all that talk that the players aren't behind Bevo can be sent too the showers"

chef
Came to play. Feel like they may feel embarrassed by last week's effort and are putting things right.

kruder
18-04-2024, 09:04 PM
Response!

Garcia just has some wheels :cool:

Now we normally go to sleep after a good first lets see how we go.

whythelongface
That was great. Let’s build on this. Garcia, Macrae, Dale even Harmes doing some good things

Happy Days
I’m not enjoying this. I need help I think.

Grantysghost
18-04-2024, 09:05 PM
I've said all week, great list, great coach.

Seriously though the Saints are VFL standard.

josie
That Naughton goal in the run was a thing of great beauty.

It?s clear the coach has not lost the boys.

Now to keep that up for remainder of match.

Onya Garcia, JJ, Cody, Naughts??.

BornInDroopSt'54
Pain can be a good motivator it seems.
You need pride ro be hurt.

GVGjr

You're sticking this one out?

HOSE B ROMERO
18-04-2024, 09:06 PM
Thanks Boys. Brilliant quarter.

G-Mo77
Well looks like I'm having a late night now. ;)

jeemak

Enjoyment is definitely not the objective of footy.

BornInDroopSt'54
18-04-2024, 09:07 PM

So I am gonna cop this crap of jeemak's quote tagging ever post!
WTF?

Grantysghost
18-04-2024, 09:07 PM
WTF?

The Jeemak virus.

ledge
18-04-2024, 09:08 PM
We just look so average.

Can we be average every week ?

BornInDroopSt'54
18-04-2024, 09:08 PM

Macrae stepped up that qtr.

jeemak
18-04-2024, 09:09 PM
WTF?

This is definitely the best thing that's happened on this site.

ledge
18-04-2024, 09:12 PM
Garcia doing everything , I feel he has to play every game from now on already.

SonofScray
18-04-2024, 09:12 PM
How long until they get a run in? It?s coming.

lemmon
18-04-2024, 09:16 PM
Harmes has been pretty good. Put himself about and been careful with the ball.

jeemak
18-04-2024, 09:19 PM
How good are the umpires, and how good Bailey Dale!!!

Grantysghost
Lobb looks hungry.

Harmes looks good.

Macrae....

Maybe this competition for spots lark works?

Bailey Dale. Crikey.

comrade
Good to see Dale in this form.

westdog54
Lobb and Harmes both getting involved.

That's a great goal from Dale. We've repelled multiple attacks and finally got some reward this quarter

SonofScray
Going to need another 47 points to nothing before I enjoy this.

jeemak
18-04-2024, 09:21 PM
Weathered a storm there.

jeemak
18-04-2024, 09:23 PM
**** Bont. ****.

Mantis
How often does Laith slip off the tackle?

comrade
**** sake Bont, well off the boil tonight.

ReLoad
Oh Bont.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-04-2024, 09:24 PM
That was shit by Bont.

And JOD needs to be better.

ledge
18-04-2024, 09:24 PM
Omg god Bont !

ledge
18-04-2024, 09:25 PM
Here they come, Bont let them in.

jeemak
18-04-2024, 09:26 PM
I'm ripping wall paper off the walls angry at Bont right now. He's single handedly given them a sniff.

G-Mo77
Is Freekickbulldogs back? I love listening to their dero supporters whining.

ledge
**** me . Dropping marks falling over.

Mantis
18-04-2024, 09:27 PM
Is Freekickbulldogs back? I love listening to their dero supporters whining.

10-2 our way.

jeemak
18-04-2024, 09:28 PM
**** Bont, selfish bullshit.

jeemak
18-04-2024, 09:30 PM
West that is bullshit.

Mantis
Why does English take the tap in F50 when Lobb and Darcy are down there?

ledge
Gotta be that ankle problem with Bont

The Bulldogs Bite
**** off Bramble

jeemak
I cannot believe the selfishness that is washing over this team right now.

Mantis
We?re so ****ing frustrating.

BornInDroopSt'54
18-04-2024, 09:32 PM

Bramble bounced once, took five steps and free for roo far?

comrade
18-04-2024, 09:32 PM
Can feel the confidence just dissipating by the minute.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-04-2024, 09:33 PM
Great kick by Garcia. Happy for him.

jeemak
Gaaaawwwd we needed that.

Come on, get another one boys.

Grantysghost
Treloar you beauty. Garcia another score involvement.

jeemak
18-04-2024, 09:34 PM
Bramble bounced once, took five steps and free for roo far?

This is getting better and better.

macca
18-04-2024, 09:34 PM
Ball spills out infront of the pack, dribbles to Treloar and he goals.

This is what we need, someone who is at the front of drop of the ball!

The Bulldogs Bite
18-04-2024, 09:36 PM
Treloar is dominating.

Richards having an impact - will be hard to justify sending him back again.

GVGjr
18-04-2024, 09:36 PM
That takes a lot of wind out of the Saints sails.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-04-2024, 09:37 PM
From the TV it looks like Gags is getting dominated on the wing - seems to always be out of position.

ledge
18-04-2024, 09:37 PM
We must have fumbled that ball 5 times for the saints to get that goal

Grantysghost
18-04-2024, 09:38 PM
Richards can stay in the guts.

macca
18-04-2024, 09:39 PM
Bailey Dale cannot defend if hits life depend on it. That was poor effort 2 mins to go, ball drops, and goes to saints fwd line for a goal.

whythelongface
18-04-2024, 09:40 PM
Richards is great in the guts

angelopetraglia
18-04-2024, 09:40 PM
OK. Did I miss anything?

jeemak
18-04-2024, 09:41 PM
How good English to take something back for the half.

Fantastic for us to weather the storm and then claw a few back.

whythelongface
That 2nd qtr was great given the Saints were up at us.

G-Mo77
They came at us hard and we increased the lead. Can't celebrate yet but starting to feel a little confident.

SonofScray
Now, all we have to do is not do what we’ve done against them before and we should be OK.

Grantysghost
18-04-2024, 09:42 PM
Well, if you wanted to know if these guys gave a shit and love Bevo then it's been unequivocally answered.

bornadog
18-04-2024, 09:42 PM
Go Dogs

The Bulldogs Bite
18-04-2024, 09:43 PM
Well, if you wanted to know if these guys gave a shit and love Bevo then it's been unequivocally answered.

It's actually been a fantastic response.

Why don't we get this effort all the time though?

Bullies
18-04-2024, 09:43 PM
Saints made finals last year. I take it Ross Lyon will be gunned down this week and sacked.

westdog54
18-04-2024, 09:44 PM
They came at us hard and we increased the lead. Can't celebrate yet but starting to feel a little confident.

Yep. To not only weather the storm but stretch the head is a fantastic sign.

Loving Richards' centre square forays. If there's something we've missed out of the middle it's blistering pace.

1eyedog
18-04-2024, 09:44 PM
Treloar is dominating.

Richards having an impact - will be hard to justify sending him back again.

Both have been sensational. Ed into the guts was a great move. Treloar easily BOG at half time.

ledge
18-04-2024, 09:45 PM
Saints made finals last year. I take it Ross Lyon will be gunned down this week and sacked.

Still a half to go and they came back against GWS last week.
Don’t lift the lid just yet.

Happy Days
18-04-2024, 09:45 PM
You're sticking this one out?

Yep. Zendaya will have to wait.

GVGjr
18-04-2024, 09:46 PM

Yep, all the media nonsense that Bevo's lost the players and Naughton has to play in the back line has been put into perspective.
And remember that this is without Libba, Marra and we haven't had a dominate game from Bont either.

Bullies
Imagine how good we would be if we liked the coach. Caro and Kane must be under the covers on their couch.

BornInDroopSt'54

That takes a lot of wind out of the Saints sails.

Saints sailing?
I thought they marched in.

1eyedog
18-04-2024, 09:47 PM
Weathered a storm there.

That was really pleasing. Work rate when we didn't have it.

The Underdog
18-04-2024, 09:47 PM
Both have been sensational. Ed into the guts was a great move. Treloar easily BOG at half time.

A defensive mid with pace, strong body, great below his knees. It’s like when you finally see the 3D picture. Now I’ll never unsee it.

ledge
18-04-2024, 09:48 PM
I can’t believe Garcia has only had 9 possessions.

Bullies
18-04-2024, 09:48 PM
Still a half to go and they came back against GWS last week.
Don’t lift the lid just yet. GWS were banged up in the last.

macca
18-04-2024, 09:49 PM
Richards kicking has been sensational, 10 disposals, 4 clearances. His balance, and turning in traffic to hit the target is amazing. That fwd kick to Naughton was bullet pass.

1eyedog
18-04-2024, 09:50 PM
A defensive mid with pace, strong body, great below his knees. It’s like when you finally see the 3D picture. Now I’ll never unsee it.

Yep we're too deep into it now. Beautiful part about it is we have a heap of half backs to take his place.

ledge
Richards kicking has been sensational, 10 disposals, 4 clearances. His balance, and turning in traffic to hit the target is amazing. That kfwd kick to Naughton was bullet pass.

Haha even when he miss kicked it.

G-Mo77

Slowed a little in the 2nd so not surprising. Had a great 1st quarter

The Bulldogs Bite

Has been really important.

We look a lot quicker around the ball working both ways with Garcia and Richards in the mids.

We need to persist with this even when they have quieter games.

The Underdog
18-04-2024, 09:51 PM
Dale with 528 metres gained in a half.
Get the Km Digger

EasternWest
18-04-2024, 09:52 PM
Richards has been amazing. Is it as simple as we've just been missing someone with that point of difference in the middle?

Bailey Dale has been good, Garcia needs an extended run. Treloar incredible.

Also despite my promise to not go to a game, my brother got medallion club passes so here I am. So far it's been a good decision, but the flashing lights still suck and the music is way too loud and get off my lawn.

SonofScray
18-04-2024, 09:54 PM

Ok, now to replicate that emotional upswing and turn it into football that is resilient, tactically adept, and performed under pressure.

Conditional football.

jeemak
Does everyone agree that Born in Droop Street should always have multiple quotes of mine that are irrelevant to his posts kicking off his posts like they seem to be in this thread?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
OK...?
What kind of shitf@$very is this??
I just got in the door from a two day work trip in Adelaide.

I expected this was not going to be a pretty scene, so hadn't really considered we might actually step up and play like a good team again!

I hope it keeps up. I likey!!
And Richards in the guts. What a move...Bailey Smith who???

HOSE B ROMERO
18-04-2024, 09:56 PM
In 2015 the saints beat us after we were 55 points up at half time..

MUST STOP these negative thoughts coming into my head.

EasternWest
18-04-2024, 09:57 PM

Can we ban Hose B for a week please?

The Underdog

You had to go there.

HOSE B ROMERO
Richards has been amazing. Is it as simple as we've just been missing someone with that point of difference in the middle?

Bailey Dale has been good, Garcia needs an extended run. Treloar incredible.

Also despite my promise to not go to a game, my brother got medallion club passes so here I am. So far it's been a good decision, but the flashing lights still suck and the music is way too loud and get off my lawn.

EW well said. Exactly the reason i'm not there tonight.

GVGjr
18-04-2024, 09:58 PM

Please run some laps and give us 50 push ups. :)

ledge
18-04-2024, 10:00 PM
You had to go there.

It’s a bulldog thing

Grantysghost
18-04-2024, 10:02 PM

That was the Wallis broken leg?

jeemak
18-04-2024, 10:04 PM
I'd say persisting with Naughton forward is probably fine for now.

westdog54
That kick from West was beyond sublime. Naughton seemingly can't miss tonight.

The Underdog
Who’s the first journo to suggest sending Naughton back tonight?

SonofScray
18-04-2024, 10:06 PM
Terrific start to the 3rd, footy can be fun.

angelopetraglia
18-04-2024, 10:10 PM
Where has this come from!!!

jeemak
This mistreatment of Jack Macrae and Bailey Dale is really biting us in the arse right now.

jeemak
Where has this come from!!!

We're on, Saints are down by ten per cent. That's how tight it is and why I bang on about effort all the time.

Grantysghost
18-04-2024, 10:11 PM
Who’s the first journo to suggest sending Naughton back tonight?
Chef is eating humble pie (see what i did there?)

angelopetraglia
18-04-2024, 10:15 PM
11 goals up.

Treloar throws himself across the boot for a smother. Can?t question his committment.

Grantysghost
18-04-2024, 10:16 PM
61 points Ross Lyons biggest losing margin with aints

westdog54
18-04-2024, 10:19 PM
Lobb's ball use from his few opportunities has been excellent.

chef
18-04-2024, 10:19 PM

Nah, Clay did his knee and we just stopped.

chef
18-04-2024, 10:21 PM
Chef is eating humble pie (see what i did there?)

Typical.

kruder
18-04-2024, 10:22 PM
Lobb's ball use from his few opportunities has been excellent.

I just don't think his teammates like him, he has been very handy indeed.

angelopetraglia
18-04-2024, 10:23 PM
Whatever we are paying Johnno, increase it.

jeemak
18-04-2024, 10:24 PM
I feel Bont needed that one.

Not his best night but has had a few good finishes along the way on entries and now a goal. Hopefully he can get going.

westdog54
18-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Only four Bulldogs haven't laid a take tonight.

Sanders gets a pass because he's not on the ground yet.

O'Donnell, Khamis and Jones get passes because they've combined for 17 intercept possessions.

comrade
Buku deserved better there.

The Bulldogs Bite
That wasn't a clip we'd want to watch back again. Fell asleep.

Lobb has been good. Interesting selection dilemma next week

The Bulldogs Bite
18-04-2024, 10:27 PM
Bramble needs to go back to VFL.

Mantis
18-04-2024, 10:27 PM
If Bramble wants to stay in the team he needs to tidy up his kicking.

SonofScray
18-04-2024, 10:28 PM
Keep piling on the goals.

It’ll be disappointing if we pull up here.

ledge
18-04-2024, 10:28 PM
Sanders in for VDM

The Bulldogs Bite
18-04-2024, 10:31 PM
Special mention to Macrae.

Been working hard both ways.

bulldogsthru&thru

Different game but also against the saints. Same game Redpath did his knee. Saints beat us and our season looked dead. We did win a flag though.

angelopetraglia
Let?s get Naughton a bigger bag this quarter.

whythelongface
18-04-2024, 10:32 PM
Let’s get Naughton to 10

bulldogsthru&thru
18-04-2024, 10:32 PM
Just got home and I only just switched the game on to see a saints goal straight from our backline and a near goal after a shocking turnover out of our 50.

Game looks completely open.

How are we 70pts up?

ledge
18-04-2024, 10:33 PM
Well done dogs, held up and got them again.
Feel sorry for Khamis , seems to be left to do it all on the rebound , couldn’t ask for more from him.
Macrae been extremely good . Naughton will shut up the media crap now and Lobb is having a very good game presenting and bustling, if only English could bustle.

Bullies
18-04-2024, 10:33 PM
Needed to punch

BornInDroopSt'54
18-04-2024, 10:34 PM
Does everyone agree that Born in Droop Street should always have multiple quotes of mine that are irrelevant to his posts kicking off his posts like they seem to be in this thread?

No, no!
I am not into stalking or sharing!

ledge
18-04-2024, 10:35 PM
Haha 3/4 time saying Bevo a great coach.

kruder
18-04-2024, 10:35 PM
Bramble needs to go back to VFL.

why would you take that kick on late in a quarter with the lead we have? Decision making not convinced.

angelopetraglia
18-04-2024, 10:36 PM
Saints worse loss this season is 8 points prior to tonight.

Pushed Cats, Bombers and GWS. Beat the Pies.

angelopetraglia
18-04-2024, 10:37 PM
Gee whiz, Darcy has good hands 🙌

comrade
18-04-2024, 10:40 PM
Bont is just way off tonight.

G-Mo77
18-04-2024, 10:45 PM
This is bloody outstanding. Some of my worst memories were at Saints games and their supporters made it even worse. I love that we're not only beating them easily but getting every free kick as well to rub it into their noses

SonofScray
18-04-2024, 10:46 PM
This is bloody outstanding. Some of my worst memories were at Saints games and their supporters made it even worse. I love that we're not only beating them easily but getting every free kick as well to rub it into their noses

It’s been nice to see freekickbulldogs back on the agenda.