PDA

View Full Version : Who are our match winners?

bulldogtragic
27-04-2024, 11:23 PM
So many close losses last year and this year from tight last quarters. For all the huge coin we pay out, who are our are actual match winners?

Because they ain?t winning us these games.

The Doctor
27-04-2024, 11:38 PM
VDM just ask Bevo

JanLorMill
28-04-2024, 12:21 AM
VDM just ask Bevo
Could go with any of those that deserve to be dropped but don’t next week.
Khamis, Harmes, Bramble, Lobb, Daniel Gallagher

Raels_d
28-04-2024, 01:58 PM
Bont and only Bont - unless he?s having a straight shot close to goal.
Maybe one day it will be Darcy

Grantysghost
28-04-2024, 02:04 PM
Naughton, Libba, Bont.
Marra is coming, English has his moments.

bulldogtragic
28-04-2024, 02:06 PM
Naughton, Libba, Bont.
Marra is coming, English has his moments.

When in crucial matches, tight matches, has Naughton picked up the other 17 players on the ground and imposed his will on the game to a win? Same with Tim?

I can’t recall.

Grantysghost
28-04-2024, 02:07 PM
When in crucial matches, tight matches, has Naughton picked up the other 17 players on the ground and imposed his will on the game to a win?

I can’t recall.
6 goals last week was match winning in my book.

He's a forward so does rely on others.

bulldogtragic
28-04-2024, 02:09 PM

Not flat track bullying. When it’s a tight game, when the chips are down, do they impose themselves on the outcome of a game. In the true sense of a match winner. When the game is on the line?

bornadog
28-04-2024, 02:16 PM

At last you acknowledge this :D

Go_Dogs
28-04-2024, 02:30 PM
Match winners:

Bont - he’s done it countless times. Yes he misses some goals we’d love him to kick (and last night was a shocker) but he’s rolled gold
Smith - proven in finals to be someone who can rise to the occasion and moments
Libba - yes we all wish he’d turned into an octopus and tackled all of Jackson, Oliver and Petracca in 21 GF but again, he’s proven to be capable of winning a game for us in moments that count
Jones - I’d back him to win a big moment in a big game

Darcy and Marra on the rise

Not sure how different it is to 2016 tbh, and then, our match winners were Clay Smith, Liam Picken, Dale Morris, Tom Boyd, JJ, Bont and Libba. Some of who I’m not sure I’d call genuine match winners more so players who managed to stand up when it counted most. And we’re probably just as deep for them now although without the same hard edge.

Another related question is who would you rely on to take the big moment and kick the critical goal? The Pies have about 5 blokes who’d do it. I’m not sure we’ve got anyone other than Cody.

mjp
28-04-2024, 02:33 PM
Not flat track bullying. When it’s a tight game, when the chips are down, do they impose themselves on the outcome of a game. In the true sense of a match winner. When the game is on the line?

To be fair, pushing up hard and taking outlet marks on the half-back line when we couldn't exit was 100% game on the line, match-changing stuff....

The match was LOST in q3 with some appalling kicking for goal. We played well enough to win last night DESPITE the performances of Fyfe, Serong and Brayshaw.

Grantysghost
28-04-2024, 03:22 PM

Well i guess its just Bont really. Libba to a lesser extent. Forwards is a different game. You need the mids...

Grantysghost
28-04-2024, 03:24 PM
At last you acknowledge this :D
Ha nice! I turn coated last week. It's just macarroon man pushing that barrow now.

In all seriousness he could be a great swing man.

Grantysghost
28-04-2024, 03:25 PM
To be fair, pushing up hard and taking outlet marks on the half-back line when we couldn't exit was 100% game on the line, match-changing stuff....

The match was LOST in q3 with some appalling kicking for goal. We played well enough to win last night DESPITE the performances of Fyfe, Serong and Brayshaw.
Yes he did that very well last night its a nice developmental step forward.

azabob
28-04-2024, 03:28 PM
Ha nice! I turn coated last week. It's just macarroon man pushing that barrow now.

We looked so much better when Jones role changed from a deep lock down defender to more of a higher up interceptor.

The only way we get to see Naughton as an interceptor defender is with a new coach.

chef
28-04-2024, 03:34 PM

You'll be back you flip flopper.