PDA

View Full Version : Are you Jumping on the Harmes Bandwagon

bornadog
19-05-2024, 02:56 PM
Two pretty good games, are you jumping on the bandwagon, or is it still a wait and see?

I was surprised we recruited him, but the last two weeks he has started to grow on me.

chef
19-05-2024, 02:59 PM
I'm sold. Doesn't shirk a contest and can kick a goal, what's not to love.

josie
19-05-2024, 03:00 PM
Why not? Might as well be positive. Seems popular amongst the group too.

Grantysghost
19-05-2024, 03:01 PM
Yes because my demons friends said why couldn't he play like for us.
So that's enough.

Grantysghost
19-05-2024, 03:03 PM
Funny story at sponsors event they did the quick fire panel and one of the questions was which player do you want to play like...

James said Toby Greene...

500 people booed.

He mouthed **** to Gaggs sitting next to him so hes learning the dogs culture the hard way.

ledge
19-05-2024, 03:10 PM
I have always thought he was a good get , hard in which is what we needed , must say I thought he would play in the middle but we need hard at it all over the ground so we found where he works best.

G-Mo77
19-05-2024, 03:19 PM
Really liked his game last night. He's starting to win me over.

Go_Dogs
19-05-2024, 03:27 PM
Not sure it needs a separate thread to the other one, but yes, the match making between him and us in building nicely. We seem to have got him in the right role and it’s beginning to click.

EasternWest
19-05-2024, 03:33 PM
I'm applying a bastardised 20 game rule.

I got on board with Baker and Poulter and I don't think they're it.

I'm willing to give HD's man the benefit of the doubt but I'm holding off any commitment for a while. I've been hurt before.

The Doctor
19-05-2024, 03:49 PM
Lets compare the stats of Harmes v Toby Greene over the last 4 weeks and people can judge for themselves.

Greene

Goals 5
Possessions 63
Tackles 8
Team Wins 0

Harmes

Goals 6
Possessions 80
Tackles 13
Team Wins 2

Harmes > Greene

The bulldog tragician
19-05-2024, 06:03 PM
I’ve shown the ultimate buy-in with my avatar. I expect soon number 22 badges will be outselling those of Bont.

From the outside, in his Melbourne days he always struck me as typical of their arrogance. Maybe it’s his appearance in afore-mentioned avatar. Maybe it’s that I wasn’t sure what he would bring to the table, and then that he played a shocker on debut. Maybe it’s those outsized teeth. Maybe it’s just always hard to warm to new guys especially when they were part of a team that delivered one of our most recent painful humiliations, and without a skerrick of evidence I could imagine him in that jeering ‘Free from desire’ circle.

But yeah. I guess it’s all a bit unfair on the guy. He’s definitely added something in our last two weeks. That’s about as gushing as I can get right now but it’s a lot more positive than I was three weeks ago.

bornadog
19-05-2024, 06:11 PM
I’ve shown the ultimate buy-in with my avatar. I expect soon number 22 badges will be outselling those of Bont..

I still remember when a long time ago, the number 22 badges sold out very quickly and under investigation, it was EW :D

EasternWest
19-05-2024, 06:13 PM
I still remember when a long time ago, the number 22 badges sold out very quickly and under investigation, it was EW :D

It's true I have them all. I'll only be distributing them when we roll back the rock and our once true lord and saviour is back again.

Mofra
19-05-2024, 10:39 PM
Lets compare the stats of Harmes v Toby Greene over the last 4 weeks and people can judge for themselves.

Greene

Goals 5
Possessions 63
Tackles 8
Team Wins 0

Harmes

Goals 6
Possessions 80
Tackles 13
Team Wins 2

Harmes > Greene
Swamp now has some serious competition

Uninformed
19-05-2024, 11:48 PM
I have always thought he was a good get , hard in which is what we needed , must say I thought he would play in the middle but we need hard at it all over the ground so we found where he works best.

I had the other view. Didn't think he would be much good for us. But he has proved me wrong fortunately.

Has had a great couple of weeks.

Uninformed
19-05-2024, 11:49 PM
Swamp now has some serious competition

Magnificent find

Bullies
20-05-2024, 08:46 AM
Jury still out for me but happy to be proven wrong.

Richmond were ordinary and the conditions on Saturday were perfect for Harmes. Let's see over the next couple of weeks against the big boys on the fast and hard tracks.

ReLoad
20-05-2024, 09:27 AM
You bet I am on board, I have his footy card!

merantau
20-05-2024, 09:30 AM
On board? I'm behind the steering wheel. He goes full tilt and kicks straight. Just what we need.

Sedat
20-05-2024, 11:53 AM
I mentioned it at the time we got him - it says everything about his character when he deliberately tried to fake an injury late in the 2021 GF just so he could get James Jordan a run in the GF when he was the sub. Just think about that - you are about to fulfil your lifelong goal of a premiership, and you are focusing solely on your teammate's welfare instead of your own personal satisfaction so he can also feel part of the celebration. I can't love that mindset enough - with an attitude like that towards his teammates, he can wear pink speedos and cowboy boots in his spare time whenever he wants.

bornadog
20-05-2024, 04:11 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GN4BOyeboAAZF0e?format=jpg&name=900x900

soupman
20-05-2024, 04:18 PM
I mentioned it at the time we got him - it says everything about his character when he deliberately tried to fake an injury late in the 2021 GF just so he could get James Jordan a run in the GF when he was the sub. Just think about that - you are about to fulfil your lifelong goal of a premiership, and you are focusing solely on your teammate's welfare instead of your own personal satisfaction so he can also feel part of the celebration. I can't love that mindset enough - with an attitude like that towards his teammates, he can wear pink speedos and cowboy boots in his spare time whenever he wants.

I still cannot believe neither side managed to find a way to get their medical sub on in that game. Especially Melbourne. What was the AFL going to do?

Rocket Science
20-05-2024, 06:14 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GN4BOyeboAAZF0e?format=jpg&name=900x900

Tag yourself.

I'm Grandpa Simpson taking a break from demanding 'Nut' gets off my lawn.

https://i.ibb.co/Sd0WgC6/Screen-Shot-2024-05-20-at-3-58-17-pm.png (https://ibb.co/1dKhNW0)

Happy Days
20-05-2024, 09:40 PM
I’m Sam Taylor yelling at my team mates for letting a human Instagram explore page kick a goal on us.

DadBod
20-05-2024, 10:41 PM
I was looking forward to him playing since we got him, and he has showed why the last two weeks. Hard at the ball, smart footballer, has a defensive mindset, and can kick a goal. He was a great pick up.

jazzadogs
20-05-2024, 11:39 PM
He's played 6 games for us. 2 very good, 1 okay, 3 poor. I'm not popping the champagne just yet.

If he keeps up the last two weeks he'll win me over...he's still got two and a half years for that.

jeemak
21-05-2024, 01:27 AM
He's played 6 games for us. 2 very good, 1 okay, 3 poor. I'm not popping the champagne just yet.

If he keeps up the last two weeks he'll win me over...he's still got two and a half years for that.

His form has mimicked the form of all of our second tier and third tier players the past couple of years. I want to see him and others like Williams and Dale, Vanders and West etc. put games together and take on more of the responsibility of winning games.

We have weaknesses all over the ground, but if the talent we do have plays to its potential we're going to be in more games than we're not and we should win a lot of them.