PDA

View Full Version : Who's Jordan gonna TAG??

mjp
20-05-2024, 10:48 AM
Sydney have seen something in Jordan: Shut down player.

He's 'got' Walsh and Whitfield (and good) in the last two weeks...one a half back, one an inside mid.

Who does he go to this week (and what the hell do we do about it).

It's coming.

GVGjr
20-05-2024, 10:49 AM

He's 'got' Walsh and Whitfield (and good) in the last two weeks...one a half back, one an inside mid.

It's coming.

He's nabbed a few of them in this run. It will either be Treloar or Bont won't it or could it be Dale?
Dale would be the most likely candidate.

Mantis
20-05-2024, 11:04 AM
He's nabbed a few of them in this run. It will either be Treloar or Bont won't it or could it be Dale?

It could also be Richards too? nice that we?ve got some in-form players to share the load.

bornadog
20-05-2024, 11:04 AM
100% will go to Bont. What do we do about it - well we better be prepared.

Last week Ward tagged Bont effectively, so we changed it up in the second half, and Bont went on to another player and played more in the forward line. I don't like doing that as it takes something away from the midfield. We need a different tactic, and maybe Harmes tags Jordan (not sure how that will work)

mjp
20-05-2024, 11:11 AM

See, I think he goes to Dale.

Why do you think Bont? One thing in common about the players he's targeted? They are mid-sized runners...if he went to Bont then they would need plan B as Jordan couldn't play vs Bont in the back 6. Or at least he shouldn't be able to do that...

bornadog
20-05-2024, 11:19 AM

Why do you think Bont? One thing in common about the players he's targeted? They are mid-sized runners...if he went to Bont then they would need plan B as Jordan couldn't play vs Bont in the back 6. Or at least he shouldn't be able to do that...

Bont is our most dangerous player, and opposition love to tag him, that is why I chose Bont. I am only guessing, as I don't know much about Jordan.

Bullies
20-05-2024, 11:22 AM
Bont is our most dangerous player, and opposition love to tag him, that is why I chose Bont. I am only guessing, as I don't know much about Jordan. I'm picking Rowbottom to go with Bont and Jordan to Richards.

Ozza
20-05-2024, 11:43 AM

Last week Ward tagged Bont effectively, so we changed it up in the second half, and Bont went on to another player and played more in the forward line. I don't like doing that as it takes something away from the midfield. We need a different tactic, and maybe Harmes tags Jordan (not sure how that will work)

It worked okay for us Bont being tagged on the weekend, as Bont just used his size to block, tap on and create opportunities for Treloar and Richards. He even ran Ward out to the boundary side at times to free up hit up targets more central. Was a good watch tactically. Such a smart footballer the Bont.

mighty_west
20-05-2024, 11:44 AM
It shouldn't matter, if we have our plans in place we should always be prepared for situations like a tag, i always hated when they'd tag Libba because he was the one getting his hands dirty which would have an effect on Bont and the other mids, but that was when our middle was predictable, if they go Bont, Ed has stepped in and not only has his defensive mindset but great offensively too and becoming a clearance king in such a short time, all of a sudden we aren't so reliant on the Bont and that's critical, Garcia can run in there and would love Sanders back in as well.

If dale, hopefully JJ will be back and use his run but i'm backing our mids to match or even get the better of theirs.

lemmon
20-05-2024, 11:50 AM
I think it'll be Bailey Dale.

If they squeeze down on Dale, it's putting a lot of onus on Freijah, Cleary and JOD bringing the ball out of our back-line - especially if JJ is out. When we've played well, Dale's played well and the running defenders around him are pretty vulnerable.

What do we do with Heeney? Does Richards play more accountable this week? Gallagher also seemed to spend some time following around Tom Green.

bornadog
20-05-2024, 12:13 PM
It worked okay for us Bont being tagged on the weekend, as Bont just used his size to block, tap on and create opportunities for Treloar and Richards. He even ran Ward out to the boundary side at times to free up hit up targets more central. Was a good watch tactically. Such a smart footballer the Bont.

Hard to see that on TV, but you did mention you went to the game, so must have been really evident live.

bulldogtragic
20-05-2024, 12:24 PM
Harmes.

Sedat
20-05-2024, 12:29 PM

100% he will go to Dale. That's where Williams will be critical this week - he's been in good form and should proactively step up as our main driver out of our D50 this week.

I'd almost be tempted to use Dale in bursts as a lead-up forward this week and use him on the short, as Sydney will be preparing heavily for the long ball deep to our big 3 key forwards. We need to keep the likes of Blakey and Florent honest and stop them peeling off and rebounding.

EasternWest
20-05-2024, 12:30 PM

It's coming.

Bailey Dale. So important to our run out of the backline and also someone I think would be easiest to shut down.

Axe Man
20-05-2024, 12:32 PM
Harmes.

I would like to see them try, he's untaggable.

GVGjr
20-05-2024, 12:55 PM

I think this makes the most sense. Dale has been providing us a lot of run and drive so they might be prepared to allow their midfield to go up against ours.

Mantis
20-05-2024, 02:50 PM
I think this makes the most sense. Dale has been providing us a lot of run and drive so they might be prepared to allow their midfield to go up against ours.

They might be comfortable for this to occur but surely, we can't allow this.

Both Heeney & Warner as inside mids and Gulden on the wing need our full attention this week and we simply can't allow them to roam freely.

GVGjr
20-05-2024, 02:57 PM
They might be comfortable for this to occur but surely, we can't allow this.

Both Heeney & Warner as inside mids and Gulden on the wing need our full attention this week and we simply can't allow them to roam freely.

I was trying to think of options to curb Gulden and perhaps we might try Gallagher or even Bramble to do that. Macrae needs to work on Heeney when the opportunities are there.

Uninformed
20-05-2024, 03:20 PM
Having seen how the GWS tag on Bont failed to give them an advantage, I think Jordan might go to Dale at first. They should back their midfield in to beat ours, but if they don't match us they could then try Jordan on our most dominant mid. as plan B.

Uninformed
20-05-2024, 04:48 PM
I was trying to think of options to curb Gulden and perhaps we might try Gallagher or even Bramble to do that. Macrae needs to work on Heeney when the opportunities are there.

Gulden and Warner are very damaging with both their break through speed and brilliant delivery. Would be good jobs for Gallagher and Bramble.

The other, that starts a lot of their run is Blakey. I think Naughton and/or Marra will have to keep an eye on him.

SquirrelGrip
20-05-2024, 06:18 PM
I think Jordan goes to Treloar. He’s been our best player for the last month or so and Ordan matches up quite well on him as opposed to Bont or Red.

Ozza
20-05-2024, 07:50 PM
Hard to see that on TV, but you did mention you went to the game, so must have been really evident live.

Never seemed flustered. Never seemed like a player desperate to break free and get his possession count up. Maybe he would have if we were down and he felt he needed to impose himself. Did spend a lot of time on the bench (at least it seemed like it). He was getting worked on a lot.