PDA

View Full Version : Bulldogs V Swans - Round 11, 23/5/24 Marvel Stadium 7:30PM AEST

Pages : [1] 2

Eastdog
21-05-2024, 11:57 AM
Margin:
First goal:
Best on ground:

Eastdog
22-05-2024, 12:31 PM
Margin: Dogs by 2 points
First goal: Jamarra Ugle Hagan
Best on ground: Ed Richards

Eastdog
22-05-2024, 12:33 PM
Via AFL Website: https://www.afl.com.au/news/1135243/r11-preview-swans-aim-for-88-year-high-cats-face-home-bogey

Western Bulldogs v Sydney, Marvel Stadium
Thursday, May 23, 7.30pm AEST
Last time: Sydney 11.12 (78) d Western Bulldogs 11.10 (76), R18 2023

What it means

The Western Bulldogs (5-5) have revitalised their season with back-to-back wins including a clinical dismantling of heated rivals Greater Western Sydney last week. But the Bulldogs are coming off a five-day break to face the white-hot Swans with further tests of their finals credentials to follow against the Pies, Lions and Dockers before a bye.

Sydney (9-1) can stretch its blistering start to the season to a 10-1 record for the first time since 1936 with a seventh consecutive victory when it faces the Bulldogs. The stunning streak has helped the Swans open up a gap on the chasing pack that they can maintain with a win over the Dogs before a week off with a bye.

Game shapers

The Bulldogs have been forced to shake up their midfield this year with Bailey Smith out for the season and Tom Liberatore sidelined in recent weeks. Dashing defender Ed Richards has made the most of his move to midfield over the past two weeks, winning the ball at the coalface while still using his pace to find space and move the ball forward at speed.

Isaac Heeney has lapped up the plaudits as the Swans have soared to the top of the ladder, but fellow onballer Chad Warner has been in similarly imperious form. Warner is all about maximum impact as he averages 24.5 disposals with 3.8 clearances, while booting the third most goals of all midfielders, with 15 from 10 matches.

Early tip: Sydney by 11 points

GVGjr
22-05-2024, 12:34 PM
Dogs by 9 points
West with the first goal
Naughton the best on ground

bornadog
22-05-2024, 12:39 PM
Swans have been excellent, so we need 4 quarters of footy and limit our turnovers.

We can win this.

Dogs by: 14 points
First Goal: Marra
BOG: Adz

Mat Lyons
22-05-2024, 05:32 PM
Don't miss Dougie's magnificent comments on the topics EVERY Bulldog fan is talking about!...

\<font color="#1D1D1D"><span style="font-family: Verdana">
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YoAHu_i4ps&amp;t

The Bulldogs Bite
22-05-2024, 11:38 PM
Not sure the 5-day break helps after playing in the wet.

If we've got a few sick, this could be ugly.

Would love to see us throw everything at the Swans.

Sydney by 28
FG Darcy
BOG Bont

Happy Days
23-05-2024, 10:03 AM
I too have a bad feeling about this one. The Swans’ game style is quick as hell and really suited to Marvel, and I think they’ll open us up.

I’m also astonished that despite AFL.com.au telling me that the AFL has the best fixture guru in the history of fixture gurus that 5 day breaks off interstate trips are still happening.

Mantis
23-05-2024, 10:14 AM
I too have a bad feeling about this one. The Swans’ game style is quick as hell and really suited to Marvel, and I think they’ll open us up.

So how do we counter that?

We know they're quick and like to move the ball quickly... we need to counter-act their ball movement and not allow ourselves to lose this way.

We must take this game into the trenches, clog up space in their front half (we can't give up out the back/ sling shot goals) and hopefully expose their lack of height in defence.

G-Mo77
23-05-2024, 10:41 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say we'll win this one. We're playing some great footy right now and think Sydney is due to drop one. It would be a great scalp to have if we take it.

Sedat
23-05-2024, 10:53 AM

We know they're quick and like to move the ball quickly... we need to counter-act their ball movement and not allow ourselves to lose this way.

We must take this game into the trenches, clog up space in their front half (we can't give up out the back/ sling shot goals) and hopefully expose their lack of height in defence.
Easier said than done, but we just need to be 'on' tonight. I know they have significant weapons and we need to put some work/plans into these (others have already articulated what these are and potential plans), but it really comes down to our unwavering competitiveness at contests for 120 minutes. If we are switched on tonight and our forward half gets plenty of good looks inside F50, they will have a really hard time stopping our key forwards in the air with McCartin still out. Francis, Melican and Rampe will need enormous help from the likes of Blakey zoning off and especially from their mids preventing our F50 supply.

It all starts with English v Grundy. Grundy has toyed with English in the past and Tim really has to attack the ruck contests tonight to blunt the stoppage threat of Grundy. Do that and we will be in this up to our eyeballs.

We are a tricky opponent for Sydney with our aerial threat up forward and our strong midfield notionally being able to match theirs (if 'good' Bulldogs show up). They also don't have absolute topline key forwards to exploit our weakness in the defensive half. On the flipside, they do have gun pressure forwards and their mids are also incredibly dangerous going forward.

bornadog
23-05-2024, 10:54 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say we'll win this one. We're playing some great footy right now and think Sydney is due to drop one. It would be a great scalp to have if we take it.

Even though I hate Thursday night footy, I will be there and like you have a feeling we will knock this mob off.

Mantis
23-05-2024, 11:30 AM
Easier said than done, but we just need to be 'on' tonight. I know they have significant weapons and we need to put some work/plans into these (others have already articulated what these are and potential plans), but it really comes down to our unwavering competitiveness at contests for 120 minutes. If we are switched on tonight and our forward half gets plenty of good looks inside F50, they will have a really hard time stopping our key forwards in the air with McCartin still out. Francis, Melican and Rampe will need enormous help from the likes of Blakey zoning off and especially from their mids preventing our F50 supply.

It all starts with English v Grundy. Grundy has toyed with English in the past and Tim really has to attack the ruck contests tonight to blunt the stoppage threat of Grundy. Do that and we will be in this up to our eyeballs.

We are a tricky opponent for Sydney with our aerial threat up forward and our strong midfield notionally being able to match theirs (if 'good' Bulldogs show up). They also don't have absolute topline key forwards to exploit our weakness in the defensive half. On the flipside, they do have gun pressure forwards and their mids are also incredibly dangerous going forward.

I can't believe it's taken you until the morning of the game to bring this topic up.... it's a little-known fact that Brodie slept in the change rooms last night. :D

Tim needs to be at his absolute best tonight... if he wants to be a million-dollar player, he needs to be up to the challenge opponents like Grundy presents.

I don't want to see us defending high tonight and I don't want to see Jones leaving D50, he needs to be our anchor point. I also want to see Bont spending more time as our ''defensive mid'' in terms of positioning tonight, especially early on... we need to be in the game for as long as possible so that we can take advantage of our tall forwards and feel Bont can really help in this area.

Happy Days
23-05-2024, 12:17 PM

Everything you’re saying is right but I don’t know that we can actually do it. They’re *really* good and have weapons everywhere.

The stats say that we should have a clear advantage at stoppage and will get killed outside of it. If we can be first and emphasise protecting the ball at the expense of there being any speed on it, I think it will go a long way. We also have to make their actual forwards be the one to try and kick their score. That space 65-50m out from goal is deadly for them when Warner, Heeney or Gulden have it.

I dunno. I just think they’re better than us.

Eastdog
23-05-2024, 12:37 PM
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/05/23/who-will-win-and-why-the-tips-and-predictions-for-afl-round-11/

Western Bulldogs v Sydney
Thursday - 7:30pm AEST – Marvel Stadium

Thursday night footy is set to return to its brilliant best in Round 11, with both the Western Bulldogs and Sydney Swans in strong form.

John Longmire’s Swans are shooting for a 10-1 record, a start to the season not seen for the club since 1936. They’ve been clinical throughout the 2024 season, with all of their wins coming by 22 points or more in proving potent ahead of the footy.

Ironically, their only loss came to now-17th Richmond. Make sense of that as you will, but Sydney holds no fears having since claimed the scalps of Gold Coast, GWS, Fremantle in Perth and most recently Carlton.

In defeating the Blues, Swan Chad Warner played the second best game seen this year on AFL rating points and proved that if you want to go after one star, another one is going to stand up in spades.

Combatting all of Sydney’s weapons is Luke Beveridge’s biggest headache on paper, with game-breakers on every line for the Swans.

But in what is a mild free hit for the Dogs after their last two wins, including most recently over the Giants at Engie Stadium, expect Beveridge’s men to come out firing on all cylinders.

They’ve averaged just shy over 100 points over the last three weeks, with key forward Aaron Naughton looking to be in career best form.

Ed Richards has also proven to be dynamite in the midfield, while a Liam Jones-led defence has conceded just 12 total goals in the last fortnight.

Their game is in good order, a leap back into the top eight beckons with a win and the Swans may be sleepy in the week before their bye.

But Sydney’s proven to be the most trustworthy team in the competition so far and have no chinks in their armour.

Tip: Sydney by 24 points.

Seb Mottram

Axe Man
23-05-2024, 12:44 PM

To be fair the last time that Grundy dominated English was round 1 2020. Grundy isn't that player anymore and English is much more mature.

For the 2021 game Martin did most of the ruck work. He didn't play us in 2022 and round 1 2023 it was more Gawn than Grundy.

Sedat
23-05-2024, 02:21 PM
To be fair the last time that Grundy dominated English was round 1 2020. Grundy isn't that player anymore and English is much more mature.
Even if the historical comparison is not overly recent, it is not kind to English. But even taking that to the side, Grundy is on AA pace for 2024 - English needs to be as strong as possible at the ruck stoppages tonight.

Just maybe the acquisition of Grundy in the off-season is one of the key reasons why Sydney have gone from mid-table wasteland in 2023 to premiership favourites this year. It's just not talked about much with Heeney, Warner and Gulden getting all the headlines.

chef
23-05-2024, 04:28 PM
Dogs by 22
BOG Harmes
First Goal Harmes

ReLoad
23-05-2024, 04:34 PM
Swans will be huge heavy favorites on this one, especially since we are flu ridden. only takes us to be off 1% and we are cactus.

Swans by 78
BOG: Warner

IF Bevo manages to get the boys up to win tonight all talk of him being in jeopardy this year will and must cease immediately.

Pleather Sole
23-05-2024, 04:51 PM
Dogs by 1-6
First goal West
BOG Ed White and Blue

hujsh
23-05-2024, 05:14 PM
Nah, not off 5 days we won't

HOSE B ROMERO
23-05-2024, 05:14 PM
Dogs by 3
first goal West
bog Ed the Red.

Really need a good start.
Let's emulate the '97 qualifying final against the Swans and have a 9 goal to zip first quarter.

Hopefully the supporters get right behind the boys from the get go and make it a hostile environment for the Swans.

HOSE B ROMERO
23-05-2024, 05:15 PM
Swans will be huge heavy favorites on this one, especially since we are flu ridden. only takes us to be off 1% and we are cactus.

Swans by 78
BOG: Warner

IF Bevo manages to get the boys up to win tonight all talk of him being in jeopardy this year will and must cease immediately.

Has flu raised it's head in the ranks?

The bulldog tragician
23-05-2024, 05:31 PM
Margin: us by one point
BOG : Harmes
first goal : Harmes

In a nail biting finish Harmes kicks an outrageous goal from outside 50. After the siren.

Nah, I really have no idea. Such a gap between our best and worst. Don’t like the mutterings that there are sore players, colds going round, 5 day break. Want us to be competitive and for effort to be unquestioned, but maybe they are just better than us.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-05-2024, 07:01 PM
Dogs by 1 million points, or 1 point.
BOG:Naughton
First Goal: JUH

Grantysghost
23-05-2024, 07:07 PM
Swans by 15
BOG Ben Richards the butcher of bakersfield (Ed)
FG : Jamarra Ugle-Hagan

bornadog
23-05-2024, 07:12 PM
BOG in this thread is for who will be our BOG

Grantysghost
23-05-2024, 07:16 PM
BOG in this thread is for who will be our BOG
Sorry I was trying to be funny referencing the Stephen King novel / later movie with arnie the running man. The protaganist is Ben Richards.

I mean Ed of course.

Scorlibo
23-05-2024, 07:42 PM
Dogs by 2 points
BOG Bontempelli
First goal to Bamm-Bamm West

merantau
23-05-2024, 07:51 PM
I feel confident about this game. Dogs by 15 points. For once we're going to kick straight and snap a few miracle goals

Dry Rot
23-05-2024, 07:58 PM
Did anyone watch the Swans only loss so far to Richmond?

If so, did the Swans just have a off day or did the Tigers do something special to stop them?

ReLoad
23-05-2024, 08:01 PM
JOD out. The flu has really hit us hard. 4 blokes that really should be home in bed with some of Nonna?s chicken soup.

Going to be tough

Rocket Science
23-05-2024, 08:04 PM
Dermott interviewing Bevo finish a sentence challenge.

kruder
23-05-2024, 08:21 PM
Caleb warming up with the mids

G-Mo77
23-05-2024, 08:22 PM
My son just changed his tips to Bulldogs. We're stuffed now. :D

Jeanette54
23-05-2024, 08:24 PM
No predictions, but Go 'Dogs.

G-Mo77
23-05-2024, 08:32 PM
I thought that guy was going to keep talking until 8pm.

jazzadogs
23-05-2024, 08:35 PM
Darcy on Francis is a dream match up, because that guy stinks.

jazzadogs
23-05-2024, 08:37 PM
Damn Scott, he has missed a lot with concussion in previous years hasn't he?

Grantysghost
23-05-2024, 08:40 PM
Poor Tony Scott!

Grantysghost
23-05-2024, 08:41 PM
Grundy is such a chump.

jeemak
23-05-2024, 08:41 PM
That's really smart from English, engaging with Grundy so the latter goes too hard on the body/ hold. Then goads him for the fifty.

Can't knock the start.

Grantysghost
23-05-2024, 08:43 PM
Richards is what we've needed for so long.

chef
23-05-2024, 08:44 PM
What a gift

jeemak
Bont that is completely ****ed mate.

bulldogtragic
Dumb freebie…

G-Mo77
23-05-2024, 08:45 PM
Joke of a 50. A time were umpire abuse should be allowed.

jazzadogs
23-05-2024, 08:46 PM
Bont that is completely ****ed mate.

He didn't even really swat at the ball though...was just unlucky imo.

Grantysghost
Freijah dont kick on the back foot short in defence.

jeemak
Bont FFS.

chef
23-05-2024, 08:48 PM
Freijah with a couple dodgy acts

jeemak
So when is it advantage and when is it not advantage?

Nobody else could have gotten a free just then.

ledge
Jones disposal is horrid we have given them both goals .

jazzadogs
Look forward to Naughton getting some soft frees like that. And lucky Hayward didn't take the advantage!

Grantysghost
23-05-2024, 08:49 PM
Amartey is going to join the "duds with career best figures v the dogs" club.

Majak Daw being the patron saint.

ledge
23-05-2024, 08:50 PM
No second chances with this mob. They are burning us with our mistakes.

Grantysghost
23-05-2024, 08:51 PM
Defence is all over the place. But also coming in way too fast.

ledge
23-05-2024, 08:51 PM
Amartey is going to join the "duds with career best figures v the dogs" club.

Majak Daw being the patron saint.

Billing’s as well.

whythelongface
23-05-2024, 08:55 PM
Great work Ed and Vitas

bulldogtragic
23-05-2024, 08:57 PM
These posts.

JanLorMill
23-05-2024, 09:00 PM
Can?t give them the ball.

bulldogtragic
We’ve done well to keep them in the game and now ahead.

ledge
Rushed kick into jamara with 2 swans players in front of him who were always going to cut it off.

jazzadogs
Another gift from our backline. This is Hawks level turnovers.

Grantysghost
Dale, seriously. If you're not sure go to a defensive position not down the guts!

To mirror Bevo's sentiments. **** me.

chef
23-05-2024, 09:05 PM
Great finish to the quarter

jeemak
23-05-2024, 09:05 PM
West is such a mixed bag player. No idea why he didn't bring Daniel into the game, then goes crazy hard at the footy and causes turnovers. Misses easy shots.

He's my new bingo card player, now that Hunter has gone.

jazzadogs
23-05-2024, 09:06 PM
Marra converting a set shot is such a relief.

bulldogtragic
23-05-2024, 09:07 PM
English, Naughts, Darcy & Marra.

The four headed monster returns.

Grantysghost
23-05-2024, 09:08 PM
All above the shoulders.

Good hes stuck with the 5 and 5 he can't be chopping and changing too much.

whythelongface
Great qtr by the boys against the ladder leaders. Felt we were the better team but letting get a couple of easy goals. Great signs from our younger lads

azabob

Was a great block by English

bornadog
Feel for Scott he has had quite a few concussions . Hope he is ok

ledge
23-05-2024, 09:09 PM
West could have really pushed us away. A missed easy shot and the no hand ball to Daniel who would have pretty much run into an open goal.
We are going ok though all our forwards are getting marks , just our stupidity giving them goals.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-05-2024, 09:09 PM
Great quarter. They really do make you play well and we are. Hopefully we maintain the rage.

Grundy trying to rough English up multiple times.

Transition we look vulnerable but they're a super skilled side. Jones needs to play closer because of it - don't rate either of their talks but you have to actually be close enough to impact the contest

JanLorMill
23-05-2024, 09:10 PM
English’s best game this year so far

whythelongface
Gags needs to get his hands on the ball but he is playing a negating role

ledge
Scott can’t take a trick we need his speed and hardness in this game.

Sedat
23-05-2024, 09:11 PM
Great courage by English going back with the flight at D50 halfway through the qtr. Good signs.

Man, the Swans are deadly by foot. Need to keep the pressure up, so far so good.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-05-2024, 09:12 PM
Impressive start by Sanders.

Looks hardened.

ledge
Freijah getting a lesson in playing against the best.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Ed Richards is elite since his move into midfield. Top shelf Elite.

Grantysghost
Richards has changed the entire season outlook for.me. We look so much more dangerous with his penetration and clean skills.

Where does Libba play??!

chef
23-05-2024, 09:14 PM
Naughty has done his knee

jeemak
23-05-2024, 09:17 PM
JUH needs to be dragged after that. Gives away a shit free kick, then just walks and lets Blakey run it on.

Grantysghost
Im flat. That tackle. Putting all your weight through Naughts legs. Legal but yuk.

jeemak
Naughty has done his knee

Maybe.

Reckon it might be a lower grade one, hopefully.

whythelongface
23-05-2024, 09:19 PM
Thinking Naughts will be ok.

bulldogtragic
Posters. FMD.

jeemak
JUH doesn't kick it with enough intent. Needs to stop leaning back.

Damn Gags.

bulldogtragic
23-05-2024, 09:20 PM
Lucky Gags.

ledge
Gallagher omg that’s twice now he can’t kick an open goal

Grantysghost

I hope you're right, i fear the worst.

JanLorMill
23-05-2024, 09:22 PM
Sorry English back to his normal self. Weak in our goal square

ledge
23-05-2024, 09:22 PM
Jesus . If we were clean they wouldn’t get near us.
We are our own worst enemy.

jazzadogs
23-05-2024, 09:23 PM
Sorry English back to his normal self. Weak in our goal square

If it was the other way round, Amartey is getting an arm chop free kick.

jeemak
23-05-2024, 09:24 PM
Westy Bingo!!!

JanLorMill
23-05-2024, 09:24 PM
Put Naughton in defence now

Grantysghost
23-05-2024, 09:25 PM
Westy is so good at those scrapping goals.

Great game.

jazzadogs
23-05-2024, 09:25 PM

It's a mechanism that could be any of ACL, meniscus, medial collateral ligaments...or all three. Wait and see.

dog town
23-05-2024, 09:27 PM
Jamarra is just so poor when he picks the ball up at ground level. Either gets tackled turning back into traffic, turns it over or gets his disposal blocked. Been a huge issue since day 1 and no sign of improvement.

JanLorMill
23-05-2024, 09:29 PM
If it was the other way round, Amartey is getting an arm chop free kick.
Punch it through

bulldogtragic
23-05-2024, 09:29 PM
Should be a few goals up. Cmon dogs.

ledge
23-05-2024, 09:30 PM
Geez we throw games away with those shots at goals.

bulldogtragic
23-05-2024, 09:31 PM
Disappointing. Cmon dogs, get it back.

jeemak
How does Dale miss that FFS.

How the **** does West miss JUH in the pocket.

Then they get it up their end, no worries.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
There's your moment right there, sloppy, missed tackles all the way upfield.

ledge
23-05-2024, 09:32 PM
And there it is the return goal as always. Miss easy shots and then whack down the other end.

Grantysghost
Jacko needs to stick those tackles.

Cmon Dogs.

Testekill
So annoying, we waste a lot of rudimentary shots and entries and then they get it in for a goal.

DOG GOD
Did Syd just break 5-6 lacklustre tackles. Launghable. We tackle like little boys

jeemak
23-05-2024, 09:33 PM
Bees to a honey pot. Keep your width boys.

bulldogtragic
23-05-2024, 09:33 PM
Nice save Keath.

Mantis
23-05-2024, 09:34 PM
If Macrae can?t stick his tackles he has no value in the team.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-05-2024, 09:35 PM
This is going to be a very tough ask now. We've not historically coped well with major injuries during big games before.

ledge
I get the feeling this could get nasty.
2 players down already.

Testekill
Has Macrae forgotten how to tackle?

Grantysghost
It's a mechanism that could be any of ACL, meniscus, medial collateral ligaments...or all three. Wait and see.
Thanks JD.

ledge
23-05-2024, 09:36 PM
Bont is having a bad one when we need him to stand up.

azabob
23-05-2024, 09:37 PM
Bont is having a bad one when we need him to stand up.

Bont looks lethargic as f**k

azabob
23-05-2024, 09:38 PM
How does Dale miss that FFS.

How the **** does West miss JUH in the pocket.

Then they get it up their end, no worries.

JUH and West are having a lovers tiff. Before that JUH was mouthing off to West about letting his opponent intercepting.

bulldogtragic
Garcia!

jeemak
Great forward contest work and a great finish from Garcia.

Excellent.

KT31
23-05-2024, 09:39 PM
Put Naughton in defence now

Nice, kicking a bloke when his down.

bulldogtragic
23-05-2024, 09:40 PM
Not dropping our heads at all. I like it.

jeemak
Suck shit Warner you little ****en bogan.

azabob
Marra has lifted.

ledge
23-05-2024, 09:41 PM
Lizard has shit himself twice.
Given up two goals

Grantysghost
23-05-2024, 09:42 PM
Suck shit Warner you little ****en bogan.

He looks like the king hitting type.

Grantysghost
23-05-2024, 09:44 PM
We are playing so well, loving this.

jeemak
23-05-2024, 09:45 PM
Fantastic stuff from the Dogs.

Was about to get into all of Bont, Richards and Treloar in that second, but each of them really got us back into it.

comrade
23-05-2024, 09:45 PM
Liam Jones, take a bow.

bulldogtragic
23-05-2024, 09:46 PM
I love Liam Jones.

bornadog
Gutsy

kruder
Liam Jones, take a bow.

Much better positioning by Jones that quarter

bulldogtragic
Tighten up next half. Win.

Cmon boys.

whythelongface
We are playing so well, loving this.

Yes agree. Extremely well

bornadog
Has Naughton done a knee

The Bulldogs Bite
Great half of footy. Arguably our best for a few years given the opponent and that we're down 2.

As much as I've loved this half, can't help but wonder about Naughton.

josie
23-05-2024, 09:47 PM
Any news on Naughton injury?

Testekill
Has Naughton done a knee

BT said that it's not an ACL

NoseBleed
Gonna be important that we don?t drop our heads over Naughts after 1/2 time.

Short break and 3 on the bench will be an uphill battle.

KT31
23-05-2024, 09:48 PM
Has Naughton done a knee

Just said on tv it looking ok.

G-Mo77
23-05-2024, 09:49 PM
This is a good game of footy! We've had patches of playing well in 2024 but IMO never looked like one of the better sides. Tonight is a different story, we actually look like we belong. Keep fighting Dogs!

kruder
23-05-2024, 09:49 PM
Love Garcia?s composure. The best half in a long time should be a few up.

Testekill
23-05-2024, 09:50 PM
Garcia has grown so much with confidence since he came into the side.

kruder
Naughty ACL?

jazzadogs
That Garcia goal got me off the coach. A ripper.

Marra kicking to the top of the square when Marra was alone in the pocket also got me off the couch. A stinker.

Grantysghost
23-05-2024, 09:51 PM
Has Naughton done a knee

AFL needs to do something about that Melican tackle.

He's hurt it very badly. Just HOW badly is the question.

Jeanette54
Reading these posts you would reckon we were down by goals. Two players short, and up at half time against the top team, we must be doing something right.

How about a bit of credit and gratitude for the things the boys are doing right.

The Bulldogs Bite
Loving Sanders' edge. Playing angry. Looks up to the pace of the game and physicality is miles ahead of early in the year. Great signs.

bornadog
23-05-2024, 09:53 PM
Love Garcia?s composure. The best half in a long time should be a few up.
How good was English in that play to Garcia

Sedat
23-05-2024, 09:54 PM
Excellent game so far. Loved it when Chompers halved the aerial contest in our defensive goal square against one of their tall forwards and saved a goal about halfway through that qtr. He does a couple of those acts every week.

ledge
23-05-2024, 09:54 PM
I hope Naughton is just a knee cap hit

josie
23-05-2024, 09:55 PM
Agree Jeanette54. We?re in this right up to our eyeballs. Boys are doing us proud. Just need to hit up our forwards better and we can win this. X finger Naughts injury is not a bad one.

Garcia - you bloody gun!!!

Richards, Bont, Treloar, Jones Boy, Saunders, Doc?. So many doing well.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-05-2024, 09:57 PM
Excellent game so far. Loved it when Chompers halved the aerial contest in our defensive goal square against one of their tall forwards and saved a goal about halfway through that qtr. He does a couple of those acts every week.

Love that I knew who you were talking about as soon as I read Chompers.

He looks confident and is giving us a fair bit that doesn't always translate to a stat sheet.

jazzadogs
Reading these posts you would reckon we were down by goals. Two players short, and up at half time against the top team, we must be doing something right.

How about a bit of credit and gratitude for the things the boys are doing right.

Really? I feel like the vibe is pretty good.

Lots of worry for Naughton but I think there have been enough compliments and positive comments!

It's the game day thread babyyyyyy

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
I really hope those misses and the loss of Scott and now Naughton find us coming up short.
This is going to be a very, very tough second half if we're not at 100% for 100% of the time remaining.

Sedat
We need to be smarter with our ball use into F50 in the 2nd half. No Naughts so we need to spot up the shorter leading targets, otherwise they will double and triple team JUH and Darcy.

angelopetraglia
23-05-2024, 09:58 PM
Any news on the TV coverage about Naughton?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-05-2024, 09:58 PM
I'm very proud of the performance so far, but we're in a very precarious position against a tail up opposition who the whole football love is in love with right now.

jazzadogs
23-05-2024, 10:00 PM

Jon Ralph said word from the dogs is we aren't sure.

My read is that the ACL integrity tests were negative, but because they aren't very reliable with false positives/negatives they will have to do scans to confirm anyway.

Grantysghost
Best guess is it's not immediately apparent it's an ACL, however need scans to confirm.

Edit: what our resident physio Dr JD said.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

Nothing conclusive. Tests.. clubs hoping it's like his previous knee injury in that final against GWS a few years back.
I think they're putting a very hopeful spin on it.
See what the tests say and hope for the best. It's a horrible scenario for us. He's impossible to replace as like for like.

macca
At the game half time
Not much in it.
65 vs 70 % kicking efficiency.

Swans area very disciplined teamand dont give us much space.
We need to take our chancesm those missed shots in front ofngoals need ti cinvert.
Jones great mark at end of second quarter.

Richards was on fire in hmthe first quarter.

Hope Naughton is ok but it looked bas..
Scott very unlucky.

We need to win thus game , big challenge.

ledge
23-05-2024, 10:01 PM

Reporter saying it looks an ACL on the video of incident but we don’t know yet.

angelopetraglia
23-05-2024, 10:02 PM
Thank you for the Naughton updates. Fingers crossed.

FrediKanoute
23-05-2024, 10:04 PM
What happened to Scott?

azabob
23-05-2024, 10:05 PM
What happened to Scott?

Concussion head knock in the first couple of minutes

G-Mo77
What happened to Scott?

Concused in a head clash. Very early.

Mantis
Head clash for Ed.. dropping like flies.

bulldogtragic
23-05-2024, 10:06 PM
Now Ed possibly concussed. Bloody hell.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-05-2024, 10:06 PM
This is ridiculous. We're stuffed. Richards is surely out too now.

bulldogtragic
23-05-2024, 10:07 PM
Need to switch on again.

Grantysghost
Yep we are goneski.

G-Mo77
Very flat start. Don't do this now guys.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-05-2024, 10:08 PM
I've got to go to bed, have to get up early.

ledge
23-05-2024, 10:09 PM
Umpire was going to blow whistle on the toss tackle on Treloar then didn’t .. **** Me

KT31
23-05-2024, 10:11 PM
Marra.

Grantysghost
23-05-2024, 10:11 PM
Love u marra.

bulldogtragic
23-05-2024, 10:19 PM
Getting frustrating. Dominating most areas but the goals.

KT31
23-05-2024, 10:20 PM
So poor from Keith.

G-Mo77
Gotta get to bed. 4am start, these time slots suck!

Grantysghost
Keath and Jones 65 years between them and played it like under 9s.

FrediKanoute
Concused in a head clash. Very early.

Just seen it. Football incident very freak - two guys putting their head's over the ball

jazzadogs
23-05-2024, 10:21 PM
So poor from Keith.

Jones needed to take one step back over the boundary. His decision making tonight has been off.

KT31
23-05-2024, 10:22 PM
What did we ever see in Bramble, he is a liability every time he has the ball in his hand?

Mantis
What did we ever see in Bramble?

Clanger king.

chef
Gee Bramble is a trash footballer

bulldogtragic
Feels like that could be it.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-05-2024, 10:23 PM
Why is he still playing (Bramble).

Gags has struggled too.

lemmon
Can't keep playing Bramble when he keeps making those errors

ledge
Geez bramble just kick it ffs.
Injuries taking there toll . Any news on Richard’s ?

Testekill
Why is Bramble in the team? The only thing he offers is pace but he runs himself into trouble all the time.

It should have never come down to Cleary out and Bramble staying in.

Grantysghost
23-05-2024, 10:24 PM
I dont mind Bramble.

Good two way player.

Gaggs ****ed it.

The Underdog
23-05-2024, 10:26 PM
Geez bramble just kick it ffs.
Injuries taking there toll . Any news on Richard’s ?

He’s out

lemmon
I dont mind Bramble.

Good two way player.

Gaggs ****ed it.

I mean, Bramble fumbled then tried to duck through two tacklers and refused to give the hands. Horrendous play

bulldogtragic
Ed is out.

KT31
Richards out with concussion.

bulldogtragic
23-05-2024, 10:28 PM
Take him over Bramble. Bloody hell.

lemmon
23-05-2024, 10:30 PM
We need to hold the ball up here. They're running over the ground

Testekill
We need players to start going the knee into backs. Swans have been bullying us out there and letting it, at least let someone line up Melican.

bulldogtragic
Just the margin now. Great while we fought it out.

ledge
23-05-2024, 10:31 PM
They will run away with it now just our luck big game and we get injuries during the game.
And not just this week but next week as well.

whythelongface
23-05-2024, 10:31 PM
Disappointing. We were right in this. Bloody injuries.

The Underdog
23-05-2024, 10:32 PM
Just the margin now. Great while we fought it out.

You can’t lose 3 players off a 5 day break, especially the best key forward on the ground and the leading midfielder.

ledge
23-05-2024, 10:32 PM
This will be a hiding now , and the media will say how good Sydney are is the worst part.

whythelongface
23-05-2024, 10:33 PM
They can talk it up as much as they want but we had these nupties

comrade
23-05-2024, 10:35 PM
Footy ain?t fair sometimes.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-05-2024, 10:35 PM
Hard to watch.

We would have beaten this mob on an even setting tonight.

bulldogsthru&thru
23-05-2024, 10:36 PM
We were having too good a run. Oh well.

Sedat
Sam Darcy has had a bit of a lesson in aerial contests tonight. Swans defenders have been excellent in bumping him off balance just before the ball lands.

whythelongface
We need Bont to lift and play out of his skin this quarter

bornadog
23-05-2024, 10:37 PM
We are really against it with3 injuries, 5 day break and dumb umpires

comrade
23-05-2024, 10:38 PM
Sam Darcy has had a bit of a lesson in aerial contests tonight. Swans defenders have been excellent in bumping him off balance just before the ball lands.

Also double teaming him at every opportunity, not that the players kicking inside 50 are taking any notice.

Bumper Bulldogs
Still in this one. We just need a lift from Daniel and Jamara.

jeemak
Can't wait for everyone to get the wanksuits out and blitz a team and coach that lost two runners to concussion including a key mid, and the competition's highest rated forward in the process of losing to the competition's best team.

But......it's not over until it's absolutely over. I expect us to come out and do what we can to try and win it. I expect our captain to stand up, and I expect Treloar and Dale to stand up with Jacko, Daniel and our experienced defenders in tow.

Come on lads.

ledge
I wonder what Bevo will do ? Put a tall back ?

jazzadogs
23-05-2024, 10:39 PM

A lesson in how nice it is to have Aaron Naughton playing alongside you as well...

Sedat
23-05-2024, 10:40 PM
Also double teaming him at every opportunity, not that the players kicking inside 50 are taking any notice.
Yeah there's been a bit of that, but he has been well beaten one out a few times as well. Great learning experience for him.

We played into their hands by bombing it in that qtr - needed to spot up the short on the lead more.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-05-2024, 10:41 PM
A lesson in how nice it is to have Aaron Naughton playing alongside you as well...

This.

Been a huge gap.

But in the end we don't have the legs. Cruel game.

whythelongface
Sanders has done some good things- apart from his kick out on the full

jazzadogs
I wonder what Bevo will do ? Put a tall back ?

I actually think he's pretty happy to have Sanders, Garcia and Gags in the midfield, getting important experience in a high pressure game.

I'd prefer to have Macrae, Harmes, Daniel getting mid minutes as I think it gives a higher chance of a win.

Bumper Bulldogs
23-05-2024, 10:42 PM
Warner goal and that?s the game right their.

jeemak
I could have smothered that ****en ball from my couch Gags.

JanLorMill
Williams had a shocker. Gags too

Grantysghost
23-05-2024, 10:44 PM
Bont cant be fit.

He looks 150.

bulldogtragic
Harmes with a nice finish.

jeemak
Great stuff from Daniel and Harmes.

Still in it. Need a Swans lapse, but still in it.

bulldogtragic
23-05-2024, 10:45 PM
Bont cant be fit.

He looks 150.

Carrying a lot by the looks of things.

bulldogsthru&thru
23-05-2024, 10:46 PM
Jeez Gags needs a spell

lemmon
23-05-2024, 10:46 PM
Excellent from Caleb. Love it

Grantysghost
23-05-2024, 10:48 PM
Carrying a lot by the looks of things.
We should manage him one side of the bye.

bulldogsthru&thru
23-05-2024, 10:48 PM
One thing we're very good at is finding ways to screw up an absolute easy play.

Grantysghost
23-05-2024, 10:49 PM
Jones has looked his age tonight.

jazzadogs
Jones had to call Duryea out of that, and just take the mark himself.

jeemak
I'm so glad Duryea decided not to trust Jones with that and fly leaving Warner on the ground.

bulldogtragic
23-05-2024, 10:50 PM
21 shots to 20 shots - and we are 24 points down…

bulldogsthru&thru
23-05-2024, 10:51 PM
A few out there on their feet. Injuries took away a cracking game.

westbulldog
23-05-2024, 10:52 PM
Disappointing. We were right in this. Bloody injuries.

........... 8 minutes to go in the third 1/4 .before Bramble in another moment of idiocy decided he could take on half the Swans team we were just 5 points down - then Warner goaled soon after.

bulldogsthru&thru
How was that not htb??

jeemak
**** off Heeney.

ledge
Now they kick magic goals, when things aren’t going your way they definitely go against you in all ways

jazzadogs
The umpiring has been incredibly poor tonight, consistent with most games I've watched this year.

Bumper Bulldogs
I really don?t know how to respond but 21 shots on goal a piece and a e are 5 goals down.

jazzadogs
23-05-2024, 10:53 PM
Can't one of those arrogant pricks get knocked out instead of Ed...

bulldogsthru&thru
We all knew he'd miss that right?

bulldogtragic
Captains point.

Grantysghost
23-05-2024, 10:54 PM
I really don?t know how to respond but 21 shots on goal a piece and a e are 5 goals down.
That's a very misleading comparison.

Oils aint oils (shots aint shots).

Swans have generated a massive amount from turnover which means the shots are much much easier.

jeemak
23-05-2024, 10:54 PM
Can't believe Bont missed it left. It's almost as if his kicking action where he swings his boot across his body has a flaw in it.