PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 11, 2024 vs Sydney

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-05-2024, 05:36 PM
The moment; the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in this afternoon's game against GWS.
Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

Was it a collection of moments or even one with greater significance outside of the actual games result.. the kind where you go, oh no, this is going to keep Jeemak posting til 4am the next 3 nights and see EasternWest reach some kinda of shit-posting nirvana state.

bulldogtragic
23-05-2024, 10:32 PM
Gags & Dale missing from 20m straight in front when we need to put it on the scoreboard.

ledge
23-05-2024, 10:39 PM
Injuries of course.

bulldogtragic
23-05-2024, 11:10 PM
VDM can do stupid on his own. He doesn’t need to have shit like that 50m…

Grantysghost
23-05-2024, 11:12 PM
Wasnt even a mark wow. Thats as bad as it gets.

Crows missed the finals with a dodgy v Swans decision.

It happens, horrible timing though.

bulldogtragic
23-05-2024, 11:12 PM
How was Darcy meant to bend physics?

Happy Days
23-05-2024, 11:26 PM
When that ****ing muppet umpire paid that ****ing bullshit ****ing 50. I’m hanging around the change rooms waiting for his autograph.

angelopetraglia
24-05-2024, 12:42 AM
Richards getting concussed. It took a while for us to adjust after that moment. They ran riot for the next 10 minutes, especially Warner and it was essentially game over.

Scorlibo
24-05-2024, 12:45 AM
Richards getting concussed. It took a while for us to adjust after that moment. They ran riot for the next 10 minutes, especially Warner and it was essentially game over.

In retrospect it was definitely a turning point... neither Heeney nor Warner were troubling us up until that point and Richards was BOG.

angelopetraglia
24-05-2024, 01:12 AM
In retrospect it was definitely a turning point... neither Heeney nor Warner were troubling us up until that point and Richards was BOG.

Yes. Horse said in his presser that they made a mistake not sending Rowbottom to Richards (they sent him to Dale). They sent Rowbottom to Richards after quarter time. So they had put their best defensive player on Richards. So losing our most damaging mid and then also releasing their tagger to do another job was a double whammy. Game completely changed.

AshMac
24-05-2024, 07:40 AM
The missed and very gettable shots in the final quarter - Bont, Dale and Gallagher

??
The 50 for running over the mark that Blakey did 3 minutes earlier

bornadog
24-05-2024, 10:37 AM

this for me too

merantau
24-05-2024, 10:44 AM
There are always lots of moments. The one I felt the most was Bont's miss. Such a great player but these misses may tarnish his legacy if they continue to occur.

Painful to recall they go back to his early days. 2015 Elimination Final against the Crows. He missed two set shots in close succession from memory and we lost narrowly.

I want to see more of the reverse. Great match winning goals that mirror his greatness as a player and leader. I don't want him ever to be remembered for deficiencies; it pains me to think that might happen. Captaining a Premiership team would put an end to that though and would be a deserved legacy for him.

Can Bar
24-05-2024, 12:36 PM
Darcys Mark on the 50m line, think it was the lizard who blatantly took about 4 steps over the mark. Umpire politely and kindly asked him to take fours steps back. I dislocated my throat calling for a 50. to then see soft 50s paid the other way made me "SPEW UP"

westbulldog
24-05-2024, 01:03 PM
Aside from the injuries, when we were just 5 points down, Bramble's "I can take on half the Swans" mantra = htb and warner goaled soon after.

mighty_west
24-05-2024, 02:57 PM
100% Ed getting concussed, the game just changed as his influence on the game was elite.

Jeanette54
26-05-2024, 03:47 PM
I would say the moment was Bont's miss from a very gettable set shot. The worst thing is its so predictable, and so often repeated. Given the predictability, and the consistent trajectory off his foot, I would have thought it would be easy for a kicking coach to correct. C'mon Johnno, its not rocket science. Bont consistently kicks directly (and straight) left of the target.