PDA

View Full Version : The Triple R's

Hotdog60
24-05-2024, 09:03 AM
In Bevo's presser he mentioned and gave credit to the three Riley's that gave us some momentum in the last quarter as a midfield mix.
How do woofer feel it went?
I feel the mix of Garcia, West and Sanders (sounds like a law firm) did very well and three players that probably played their natural positions got a good result against a stronger Swans midfield.
Could this be a look at the future? I feel when Libba hangs up the boots we can replace him very quickly and that's not diminishing what Libba brings.
So I hope we can hang onto The 3 R's in the near future.

azabob
24-05-2024, 09:27 AM
Frequency 102.7FM...

azabob
24-05-2024, 09:29 AM
In Bevo's presser he mentioned and gave credit to the three Riley's that gave us some momentum in the last quarter as a midfield mix.
How do woofer feel it went?
I feel the mix of Garcia, West and Sanders (sounds like a law firm) did very well and three players that probably played their natural positions got a good result against a stronger Swans midfield.
Could this be a look at the future? I feel when Libba hangs up the boots we can replace him very quickly and that's not diminishing what Libba brings.
So I hope we can hang onto The 3 R's in the near future.

The scuttlebutt was Garcia has been earmarked as the Liberatore replacement when he does retire.

Richards can also be thrown into the mix as he is only 24, hopefully Smith signs on (long shot I know), coupled with Gallagher maybe the midfield mix is coming along ok.

The Adelaide Connection
24-05-2024, 09:49 AM
The scuttlebutt was Garcia has been earmarked as the Liberatore replacement when he does retire.

Richards can also be thrown into the mix as he is only 24, hopefully Smith signs on (long shot I know), coupled with Gallagher maybe the midfield mix is coming along ok.

Garcia was awesome. I think in a few weeks they will be talking about him in the media like they were talking about Richards IMO.

bornadog
24-05-2024, 10:00 AM
Frequency 102.7FM...

My Favourite show on a Tuesday is the The Good, the Dub and the Global - is this Sanders, West and Garcia. :D

MrMahatma
24-05-2024, 11:57 AM
I liked it, but Sanders looked completely cooked at times late. Tough gig being early in your career, playing mid, and having a few short on the bench.

The Bulldogs Bite
24-05-2024, 12:00 PM
I liked it, but Sanders looked completely cooked at times late. Tough gig being early in your career, playing mid, and having a few short on the bench.

They all were, but I was VERY impressed by Sanders.

It wasn't a perfect game, but his effort was brilliant. He fought, he was aggressive, he played with an edge.

That VFL stint will be the making of him.

GVGjr
24-05-2024, 12:21 PM

It wasn't a perfect game, but his effort was brilliant. He fought, he was aggressive, he played with an edge.

I would have liked to see him kick the footy a bit more but some real positive signs. He doesn't seem to be out of place at the senior level.

lemmon
24-05-2024, 12:26 PM

I was super impressed with some of the more 'touch' aspects to his game. He's excellent at finding a pocket of space in a phone box and he's a really deft kick.

bornadog
24-05-2024, 05:37 PM
I would have liked to see him kick the footy a bit more but some real positive signs. He doesn't seem to be out of place at the senior level.

I am not wrapped in the short kicking which loops in the air, needs to kick through the ball more, plus he should have a shot if he is within 50 and not try and dish it off

Testekill
24-05-2024, 05:40 PM
The three of them were very competitive when rotated through the middle and almost saved the game for us, I definitely reckon we can afford to rotate more heavily through the middle when Libba and Richards are back.

bornadog
24-05-2024, 05:41 PM
The three of them were very competitive when rotated through the middle and almost saved the game for us, I definitely reckon we can afford to rotate more heavily through the middle when Libba and Richards are back.

Libba may end up with less time in the middle as we manage him.

hujsh
24-05-2024, 06:50 PM
If the 3 Rileez all come good then with, Bont, Treloar and Richards we may not miss Smith quite so much as we maybe should.

macca
24-05-2024, 07:00 PM
We have 3xBaileys

bring on the 3xRileys! Time for these young lads to emerge to be core of our team

The bulldog tragician
24-05-2024, 07:44 PM
I am not wrapped in the short kicking which loops in the air, needs to kick through the ball more, plus he should have a shot if he is within 50 and not try and dish it off

I can’t remember for sure but was it Ryley Sanders who did such a bullet-like pass to Jamarra that he couldn’t mark it?