PDA

View Full Version : Magpies V Bulldogs - Round 12, 31/5/24 Marvel Stadium 7:40PM AEST

Pages : 1 2 [3]

josie
31-05-2024, 11:59 PM
Listen, I don't get many right but I promise you guys when I do I am ABSOLUTELY INSUFFERABLE.

Get ready for a long week.

Hey EW?Continue to be pick us for a win and long may you be insufferable.

EasternWest
01-06-2024, 12:00 AM
Hey EW?Continue to be pick us for a win and long may you be insufferable.

That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me

Grantysghost
01-06-2024, 12:00 AM
Potted Sanders at HT.

Thought he had a great second half. Really got back to his intent from last week, putting his body over the ball, taking hits, holding up the ball when needed etc.
And...socks down.

dog town
01-06-2024, 12:01 AM
If you break it down it was all pure centre clearance dominance early. I said to my mate if we got territory it would look much different given we played 7 talls.

Great adjustments at qtr time around the ball but Garcia should have started.

hujsh
01-06-2024, 12:01 AM
So why is Darcy an automatic suspension for a late hit but all sorts of front on head high contact gets a warning and a pat on the ass? At least Darcy didn't get the head. Feels like a 50 is appropriate so am I just crazy?

Testekill
01-06-2024, 12:02 AM
So why is Darcy an automatic suspension for a late hit but all sorts of front on head high contact gets a warning and a pat on the ass? At least Darcy didn't get the head. Feels like a 50 is appropriate so am I just crazy?

It's ridiculous but the AFL makes up rules as they go along and Cleary is already declaring two weeks for Darcy.

dog town
01-06-2024, 12:03 AM
Pretty sure inside 50s were 58-22 after qtr time if tv was accurate at qtr time.

Sedat
01-06-2024, 12:04 AM
Umps loves of Nick Daicos is embarrassing
Should change his name to Fap Daicos

josie
01-06-2024, 12:04 AM
That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me

Ha ha. Whilst I’m in butter up mode….To quote the legendary news reader Lei Ling Ping…. “Who’s that handsome….?”

Grantysghost
01-06-2024, 12:07 AM
I thought 50 was about all it needs.

No weeks my verdict.

Same with Duryea, what was that umpire smoking.

ledge
01-06-2024, 12:15 AM
That Johnson for the pies is horrid, lazy, hates a hard ball won’t chase and no interest at all. Would think his papers are stamped.

Uninformed
01-06-2024, 12:17 AM
Are we finally seeing the result of the new fitness regime under Daniel Duvnjak-Zaknich?

I hope that is the case. What an advantage to be able to go harder longer than the Pies.

ledge
01-06-2024, 12:17 AM

No weeks my verdict.

Yeah the Duryea one will be a fine at most, it looked like they were both scragging and he just pushed him off with his elbow

Happy Days
01-06-2024, 12:23 AM
Beat a virtually full strength Pies with all our outs. We are so ****ing back.

hujsh
01-06-2024, 12:26 AM

No weeks my verdict.

Back to the classic avatar

bulldogsthru&thru
01-06-2024, 12:28 AM
Pies were red hot in the first quarter. They would have rattled anyone with that intensity. We just had to weather the storm.

I can't remember who said we were actually doing ok when all that was going on. Probably someone smart and really really really really good looking.

Were you the same guy who said McNeil was an astute inclusion?

EasternWest
01-06-2024, 12:33 AM
Were you the same guy who said McNeil was an astute inclusion?

Post game yes.

And because we don't narc on this forum there'll be no checking otherwise

bulldogsthru&thru
01-06-2024, 12:34 AM
Beat a virtually full strength Pies with all our outs. We are so ****ing back.

I'm still only hearing about how good our win was because we were injury depleted and only 2 on the bench vs a full strength pies squad. Great umpiring and media performances. What a time to be alive.

jeemak
01-06-2024, 12:40 AM
Listening to the ABC after the game and all said Duryea no chance of a suspension and Darcy maybe a week at most. Interesting in the case of the latter, as I think Darcy is going for two.

Duryea was being interviewed and was super insightful. Said they kept calm after the first quarter because a lot of our mistakes gave them goals and that made the pressure look even worse. The coaching group made adjustments to how we closed off exits and baited them into going central, with that being the difference in being able to put pressure on them.

Sounds like a committed performance all round. They also called out our injuries going into the game being bad, on top of the Pies, and how much guts it took for us to go a man down for a half. Reckon we should earn some respect from decent footy pundits this week.

jeemak
01-06-2024, 12:46 AM
English 50 hitouts.

I thought both rucks played really well tonight in their own ways.

jeemak
01-06-2024, 12:50 AM
I don't watch the Magpies very often but it genuinely disgusts me how often they beg and appeal for free kicks. Play the game, not to the whistle.

Selwood and Dangerfield were absolute shockers for getting up with an entitled look on their faces expecting free kicks. Collingood's entire team seems to expect the umpires just to give them the footy these days.

jazzadogs
01-06-2024, 12:53 AM
Selwood and Dangerfield were absolute shockers for getting up with an entitled look on their faces expecting free kicks. Collingood's entire team seems to expect the umpires just to give them the footy these days.

Max Gawn.

Eastdog
01-06-2024, 12:59 AM
Just got home. Great performance tonight.

The first quarter looked a bit worrying but huge credit to get back into after quarter time.

We won it in the final term.

Bont, Dale and Trelaor really good.

Huge confidence and reaffirms last weeks good performance.

Go Dogs!

jeemak
01-06-2024, 01:00 AM
Max Gawn.

Good call.

Although Max is into coffee and that makes him cool.

jeemak
01-06-2024, 01:00 AM
Just got home. Great performance tonight.

The first quarter looked a bit worrying but huge credit to get back into after quarter time.

We won it in the final term.

Bont, Dale and Trelaor really good.

Huge confidence and reaffirms last weeks good performance.

Go Dogs!

Your family are Collingwood aren't they Eastdaaaaawwwwwg? Did you go with them tonight?

Eastdog
01-06-2024, 01:01 AM
Your family are Collingwood aren't they Eastdaaaaawwwwwg? Did you go with them tonight?

Just my brother who is a Pies fan.

jeemak
01-06-2024, 01:06 AM
Just my brother who is a Pies fan.

I hope you really got in his face and made his night a complete misery mate. ;)

Just kidding.

Nice to get a win and hope he took the loss in good humour.

Eastdog
01-06-2024, 01:08 AM
I hope you really got in his face and made his night a complete misery mate. ;)

Just kidding.

Nice to get a win and hope he took the loss in good humour.

We sat in separate areas and met after the game. He sat at the Coventry End Level 1 and I was up at the Lockett End Level 1.

bornadog
01-06-2024, 01:10 AM
I thought both rucks played really well tonight in their own ways.

Cameron had 51 hitouts, and the disposals around the ground were even, so I will call it a nil all draw

jeemak
01-06-2024, 01:12 AM
Cameron had 51 hitouts, and the disposals around the ground were even, so I will call it a nil all draw

Man you're harsh! At least give them a goal each. They had 118 and 137 SC points respectively.

angelopetraglia
01-06-2024, 01:13 AM
Just got home. Wowee. I forgot how good it feels to win a close tight contest. Great game. So many big moments. So many big performers tonight. That has to build a lot of confidence.

jeemak
01-06-2024, 01:15 AM
Just got home. Wowee. I forgot how good it feels to win a close tight contest. Great game. So many big moments. So many big performers tonight. That has to build a lot of confidence.

What was the vibe at the ground like? It seemed like we were well outnumbered from a crowd point of view, but unclear by how much.

Were the Pies fans feral?

angelopetraglia
01-06-2024, 01:18 AM
What was the vibe at the ground like? It seemed like we were well outnumbered from a crowd point of view, but unclear by how much.

Absolutely outnumbered and they definiltey influenced the umpiring. They got the rub of the green on those holding the ball calls due to the crowd. The Pie fans were actually not too bad around me. Everyone was laughing about how bad the umpiring was in the first quarter both ways.

Dog fans were sparce, but gee whiz they made some noise when Darcy slotted that goal. That was right in front of me as well. I was in that pocket on the second deck. Good to see the Pies fans go home after that and just leave the red, white and blue.

bornadog
01-06-2024, 01:18 AM

I sat next to Collingwood supporter, and he was ok, and on my other side was a Bulldog family.

When Darcy kicked the sealer, all of a sudden Doggies supporters found voice. Overall yes a lot of ferals, especially trying to get to the train, took forever and they weren't happy

angelopetraglia
01-06-2024, 01:19 AM
Sam Darcy. 5 contested marks. Wow. The kid is already a star.

jeemak
01-06-2024, 01:24 AM
I sat next to Collingwood supporter, and he was ok, and on my other side was a Bulldog family.

When Darcy kicked the sealer, all of a sudden Doggies supporters found voice. Overall yes a lot of ferals, especially trying to get to the train, took forever and they weren't happy

Chef's kiss.

angelopetraglia
01-06-2024, 01:28 AM
Ryley Sanders. 11 tackles. The most of any Bulldog. Thought he was great after half time. He just has time and great spaital awareness with the ball in hand in tight. You can not teach that. The kid is going to be OK.

Grantysghost
01-06-2024, 01:56 AM
Back to the classic avatar
I always find my way back to Lachie in the SANFL.

angelopetraglia
01-06-2024, 01:59 AM
Bevo "we normally don't do it, but we kept Marcus on for the entire last quarter, when he was due to come off we kept him on, he went forward and he kicked that goal for us, we needed everyone to stand up, but as our skipper he was enormous"

angelopetraglia
01-06-2024, 02:00 AM
Bevo "we asked Treloar to go to Nick Daicos in the last quarter at stoppages, Adam had a great last quarter"

angelopetraglia
01-06-2024, 02:02 AM
Last quarter (after Bevo asked Adam to go to Daicos at stoppages).

Treloar. 13 touches. 8 contested possesions. 3 clearances.

N Daicos. 7 touches. 5 contested possesions. 3 clearances.

Well done Adam Treloar!

FrediKanoute
01-06-2024, 02:03 AM
Injuries mounting up - Darcy, Vanders and Harmes likely out's. Will be a tough game vs the Lions

Big opportunity for some of he Footscray boys to stamp a claim on a spot - Clark, Jones, Buku, Cleary, Bedendo, must all be a chance

jeemak
01-06-2024, 02:06 AM
Bevo - Lobb was playing with a tight back, but they had to keep him on after 3/4 time and he contributed well.

Some psycho called Greg seemed to ask something along the lines of how much it would cost to get Bont in a Collingwood Jumper. Bevo asked him if he was a Collingwood supporter, he responded as saying he was a football supporter. Bevo laughed it off and said he won't entertain the question.

How bloody weird is that?

angelopetraglia
01-06-2024, 02:16 AM
Dogs. 64 inside 50s for 8 inside 50m marks. 13%.

Pies. 41 inside 50s for 13 inside 50m marks. 32%.

We need to fix that next week. We didn't appear to offer leads or lower our eyes and look for someone free. We just wanted to bomb it long, every single time.

Scorlibo
01-06-2024, 02:22 AM
Bevo - Lobb was playing with a tight back, but they had to keep him on after 3/4 time and he contributed well.

Some psycho called Greg seemed to ask something along the lines of how much it would cost to get Bont in a Collingwood Jumper. Bevo asked him if he was a Collingwood supporter, he responded as saying he was a football supporter. Bevo laughed it off and said he won't entertain the question.

Craig Macrae in his presser said 'Bont would look great in a Collingwood jumper' - purely trying to pump his tyres. So I guess Greg went fishing for a sound bite in response.

jeemak
01-06-2024, 02:27 AM
Dogs. 64 inside 50s for 8 inside 50m marks. 13%.

Pies. 41 inside 50s for 13 inside 50m marks. 32%.

We need to fix that next week. We didn't appear to offer leads or lower our eyes and look for someone free. We just wanted to bomb it long, every single time.

It's a problem caused up the ground because we don't trust our ability to move it quickly, and don't generate enough run through the middle to deliver cleaner ball. We're also still attempting to generate repeat entries and rely on our stoppage game to score.

Getting 25 scoring opportunities this week on the back of 28 and 30 the past two weeks says we're doing a lot right - and against good teams. I think when we have JJ back it should free us up a little (if he plays well) to get the ball moving off half back. With Richards going into the midfield and JJ out, it's really only Dale who can be relied upon to drive it forward. Williams is capable but he's having to play a bit more conservative to protect Freija, with Daniel and Bramble not being as effective as we might like.

On the plus side with Darcy playing well we don't seem to be as near side focused in our entries, putting it more central even if it is to a clump of talls.

jeemak
01-06-2024, 02:33 AM
Craig Macrae in his presser said 'Bont would look great in a Collingwood jumper' - purely trying to pump his tyres. So I guess Greg went fishing for a sound bite in response.

I see. Haven't watched the Collingwood presser, was about to do so. Cheers for the context.

jeemak
01-06-2024, 02:46 AM
The profile of the sides:

Total Players By Games

Collingwood Games Western Bulldogs
7 Less than 50 9
7 50 to 99 2
4 100 to 149 4
2 150 to 200 4
3 200 or more 4

Collingwood average games - 95
Western Bulldogs average games - 107

Collingwood were a bit exposed in that second developing bracket, and I think our lesser experienced players in the first developing bracket come with a bit more quality.

Both sides play system based football and are heavily coached by very intelligent but probably complicated coaches. It will be interesting to see how both teams evolve over the coming year or two.

merantau
01-06-2024, 07:46 AM
Max Gawn.

Poor Max Gawn looked so forlorn
Touched on the arm when he didn't have the ball!
Umpire, umpire are you blind?
Can't you see I'm Max , one of a kind?

I'm a two metre giant with a massive bald head
I'm a target for snipers, cheaters and thugs
I deserve a free kick if someone just brushes my lugs

So cosset me, protect me
I'm special you know
I'm a media darling
So let the frees flow

But hey, ignore my transgressions - the blocks, holds and shoves
The knees, the backhanders, the HTBs galore
Not a one is deliberate, they're all ridgie-didge
And if you believe that bull shit
I'll sell you a bridge.

merantau
01-06-2024, 07:58 AM
It's a problem caused up the ground because we don't trust our ability to move it quickly, and don't generate enough run through the middle to deliver cleaner ball. We're also still attempting to generate repeat entries and rely on our stoppage game to score.

Getting 25 scoring opportunities this week on the back of 28 and 30 the past two weeks says we're doing a lot right - and against good teams. I think when we have JJ back it should free us up a little (if he plays well) to get the ball moving off half back. With Richards going into the midfield and JJ out, it's really only Dale who can be relied upon to drive it forward. Williams is capable but he's having to play a bit more conservative to protect Freija, with Daniel and Bramble not being as effective as we might like.

On the plus side with Darcy playing well we don't seem to be as near side focused in our entries, putting it more central even if it is to a clump of talls.

Absolutely spot on assessment. Analysis nailed.

Hotdog60
01-06-2024, 08:32 AM
A shout out to JOD I thought he was steady last night and the confidence must be growing.
His not a quick player but can take a grab and not a bad kick of the footy.

Topdog
01-06-2024, 08:50 AM
A shout out to JOD I thought he was steady last night and the confidence must be growing.
His not a quick player but can take a grab and not a bad kick of the footy.

Some of his marks in the last were absolutely fantastic.

Jasper
01-06-2024, 09:00 AM
While we aren't winning as much as we would like I think Bevo has hit his straps and is performing better in the media and in the coaches box. He wanted a spread of goal kickers to help fill the loss of Naughton and we were able to achieve last night.
I felt the contributions of Bont, Treloar and Macrae to our scoreboard were telling given all the work they did in midfield.

azabob
01-06-2024, 09:01 AM

Greg Baum at a guess. He also left his “phone playing” at Bevo’s press conference.

ledge
01-06-2024, 09:40 AM
Injuries mounting up - Darcy, Vanders and Harmes likely out's. Will be a tough game vs the Lions

Big opportunity for some of he Footscray boys to stamp a claim on a spot - Clark, Jones, Buku, Cleary, Bedendo, must all be a chance

You do realise we get Libba , Richards and Scott back.

Grantysghost
01-06-2024, 10:15 AM
Greg Baum at a guess. He also left his “phone playing” at Bevo’s press conference.
" A low rumple, a metallic squink, a galonk, someone crying out 'DEAR GOD!'"

jeemak
01-06-2024, 10:18 AM
What's all this about?

1eyedog
01-06-2024, 10:21 AM
Macrae, Treloar, Darcy brilliant.

Sanders shits me

Why he's a teenager and 8 game player?

Grantysghost
01-06-2024, 10:27 AM
What's all this about?
I'm referencing George doing the recorder in the briefcase trick.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=_ok7SpbRhbA

GVGjr
01-06-2024, 10:28 AM
Macrae, Treloar, Darcy brilliant.

Sanders shits me

It's an interesting position with Sanders. Is it based on just last nights effort or has it been building over a few weeks?

EasternWest
01-06-2024, 10:48 AM
Greg Baum at a guess. He also left his ?phone playing? at Bevo?s press conference.

Was it like Luka's press conference?

azabob
01-06-2024, 10:59 AM
It's an interesting position with Sanders. Is it based on just last nights effort or has it been building over a few weeks?

Purely his first half effort. He was not strong in the contest, he was slow, his disposal was not damaging, his defensive efforts without the ball were lackluster.

I'm on record in the Three things I learned about Sanders turning his game around. His second half was chalk and cheese compared to the first. Kudos to him.

azabob
01-06-2024, 11:00 AM
Was it like Luka's press conference?

Damn, I have not seen that footage. I will need to look for it. That guy seriously does not give two shits about anything except winning and home.

Grantysghost
01-06-2024, 11:04 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/cCSmybgZ/Screenshot-20240601-100059-2.png (https://postimages.org/)

EasternWest
01-06-2024, 11:07 AM
Damn, I have not seen that footage. I will need to look for it. That guy seriously does not give two shits about anything except winning and home.

Ha no it's more about someone "leaving their phone on" during the conference and Lukas response of "I hope that's not live".

Here you go: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6yU-_BvMcP/?igsh=bzVrcWF2aTc4NjNh

bulldogsthru&thru
01-06-2024, 11:09 AM
Ha no it's more about someone "leaving their phone on" during the conference and Lukas response of "I hope that's not live".

Here you go: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6yU-_BvMcP/?igsh=bzVrcWF2aTc4NjNh

That was just.....odd

EasternWest
01-06-2024, 11:10 AM
That was just.....odd

Can't fault Luka's comedic timing though. His face when it first happen makes me roll with laughter.

bulldogsthru&thru
01-06-2024, 11:14 AM
Can't fault Luka's comedic timing though. His face when it first happen makes me roll with laughter.

Oh yeah nothing odd about Luka. His reactions are entertaining. Did you see yesterday's where Finley took the beer from him?

EasternWest
01-06-2024, 11:32 AM
Oh yeah nothing odd about Luka. His reactions are entertaining. Did you see yesterday's where Finley took the beer from him?

Nah I didn't. I turned the game off in disgust at about quarter time and did something productive.

Go_Dogs
01-06-2024, 12:03 PM
In all honesty I hardly noticed him for 3 quarters but thought his 4th was great.

He was quite influential I thought presenting and showed good aggression a few times. Very happy with his game.

bulldogsthru&thru
01-06-2024, 12:08 PM
Nah I didn't. I turned the game off in disgust at about quarter time and did something productive.

Not sure why the wolves were so terrible at home. Ant will need more help on offence next season.

The Doctor
01-06-2024, 12:40 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/cCSmybgZ/Screenshot-20240601-100059-2.png (https://postimages.org/)

I think he will be captain one day.

Grantysghost
01-06-2024, 01:14 PM
I think he will be captain one day.
Agree he oozes leadership

G-Mo77
01-06-2024, 03:02 PM

He'll get rubbed out for 2 at least but I loved him knocking Maynard like that.

The kid has it, he's going to be special.

The Adelaide Connection
01-06-2024, 03:35 PM
Am I the only one that thinks we're a bit off but not a total lost cause?

Feels like they've started with a head of steam and we're struggling to adjust, but I think we'll be ok.

Just went through the whole game day thread. Hats off to this comment when things were dour and the entire world was imploding.

bulldogsthru&thru
01-06-2024, 03:56 PM
Just went through the whole game day thread. Hats off to this comment when things were dour and the entire world was imploding.

Oh jeez now you've done it. That head can't inflate anymore but we'll see.

azabob
01-06-2024, 04:29 PM
How funny is this from HB over at the mongrel punt?

THE ARM WRESTLE

With the game close at halftime, the third quarter was always going to tell a story. The story it told was not the one I expected, however.

The game became a real arm wrestle, with both teams collapsing back inside their defensive fifties, determined not to give up any easy scores. With just six goals scored for the quarter, majors were at a premium, so when Josh Daicos decided to give the Single Female Lawyer McNeil a punch to the chest, and the ensuing goal, it was a pretty big deal.

Josh was having a solid game ? his first quarter goal was spectacular, and he added another in the second, but he gave one back to the Dogs in a rare instance of losing his cool.

No shots of Peter going off in the corporate box for this, I notice?

kruder
01-06-2024, 07:31 PM
Did anyone on woof believe that as soon as McNiel crumbed the Garcia entry that he would kick a goal?

There was no way in the world I was thinking in that split moment he had the composure to hold on to the pill and create space for himself and finish. How good!!!!

It's worth mentioning that Garcia was on Lippa at the stoppage, he pushed off him with ease and left him for dead!:cool:

D Mitchell
01-06-2024, 07:43 PM
Just went through the]b] whole game day thread[/b]. Hats off to this comment when things were dour and the entire world was imploding.

Obsessive-compulsive ? Self-flagellatory ? Single-minded ? One-more-boring-Thursday-night-in-Adelaide ? Whichever, well done.

EasternWest
01-06-2024, 08:51 PM

Finally some recognition of my talents.

Oh jeez now you've done it. That head can't inflate anymore but we'll see.

You underestimate me.

Testekill
02-06-2024, 07:53 PM
From the 7 things we learned article

4) The Bulldogs love a late surge

The Western Bulldogs have put the competition on notice in the past month. When you have the ascendancy against them, make sure you create a gap on the scoreboard, because all the Dogs need is to be within arm's reach come the fourth quarter. Across their past four games, they have kicked more than 30 per cent of their score in last quarters, finding a new gear to run out games. On Friday night (https://www.afl.com.au/afl/matches/5995), the Dogs kicked five goals in the last term to run over the top of a seemingly in-control Collingwood outfit to claim a third win from their past four games. That desperate late effort is even more impressive given the injuries the club has suffered in the past two weeks early in games, leaving it down rotations for both second halves. Clubs need to make the most of their early chances to stop the Bulldogs from finding that late momentum. – Gemma Bastiani

bulldogsthru&thru
02-06-2024, 08:01 PM
Whoever this fitness guy is from gws is a gun. The Giants were doing this last year.

azabob
02-06-2024, 09:40 PM
Whoever this fitness guy is from gws is a gun. The Giants were doing this last year.

I don’t even think he was GWS number one guy. Either way it looks an inspired choice.

bulldogsthru&thru
02-06-2024, 10:02 PM
I don’t even think he was GWS number one guy. Either way it looks an inspired choice.

Everything looks great when we're playing well but I think there's a clear improvement in our fitness this season. The last few years we've really struggled to run out games and it's been well visible on the field. We've just had so much more intensity late in games this year. I don't think that's just down to mindset alone. Maybe Dunkley can come back now that we're doing lots of running.

jeemak
02-06-2024, 10:52 PM
Everything looks great when we're playing well but I think there's a clear improvement in our fitness this season. The last few years we've really struggled to run out games and it's been well visible on the field. We've just had so much more intensity late in games this year. I don't think that's just down to mindset alone. Maybe Dunkley can come back now that we're doing lots of running.

I think our running would be a bit too much for Dunkley to wrap his head around, given it's apparently not just laps of the oval.

angelopetraglia
03-06-2024, 04:49 PM
AFL Coaches Votes

10 Bont (5 + 5)
8 N Daicos (4 + 4)
4 Treloar (3 + 1)
3 Dale (0 + 3)
3 Darcy (1 + 2)
2 Cameron (2 + 0)

angelopetraglia
03-06-2024, 05:09 PM
Bont and Treloar have now both polled in seven games. Bont has two perfect 10s and a 9. Treloar has three perfect 10s. They must be close in the B&F.

azabob
03-06-2024, 05:18 PM
AFL Coaches Votes

10 Bont (5 + 5)
8 N Daicos (4 + 4)
4 Treloar (3 + 1)
3 Dale (0 + 3)
3 Darcy (1 + 2)
2 Cameron (2 + 0)

Not real consensus between the coaches other then Bontempelli and Daicos.

Bulldog Joe
03-06-2024, 05:24 PM
AFL Coaches Votes

10 Bont (5 + 5)
8 N Daicos (4 + 4)
4 Treloar (3 + 1)
3 Dale (0 + 3)
3 Darcy (1 + 2)
2 Cameron (2 + 0)

I am actually surprised at that run down.
Daicos, brilliant early but his impact diminished as the game progressed and Treloar had more impact when it really counted.

Couldn't Dale and Darcy be interchanged?

Personally thought that Dale would have been higher.

angelopetraglia
03-06-2024, 05:27 PM
I am actually surprised at that run down.
Daicos, brilliant early but his impact diminished as the game progressed and Treloar had more impact when it really counted.

Couldn't Dale and Darcy be interchanged?

Personally thought that Dale would have been higher.

Yes. Absolutely. That is just a guess. It could be either way.

SquirrelGrip
03-06-2024, 11:02 PM
AFL Coaches Votes

10 Bont (5 + 5)
8 N Daicos (4 + 4)
4 Treloar (3 + 1)
3 Dale (0 + 3)
3 Darcy (1 + 2)
2 Cameron (2 + 0)

It could also be:

10 Bont (5+5)
8 N Daicos (4+4)
4 Treloar (2+2)
3 Dale (0+3)
3 Darcy (3+0)
2 Cameron (1+1)

angelopetraglia
05-06-2024, 05:05 PM
This is a really interesting insight from Champion Data.

"The Bulldogs' display against Collingwood last Friday was something Champion Data has never seen before." - https://x.com/1116sen/status/1798221720693948829

mighty_west
05-06-2024, 05:21 PM

"The Bulldogs' display against Collingwood last Friday was something Champion Data has never seen before." - https://x.com/1116sen/status/1798221720693948829

I listened to that yesterday, and for most of us out there jumping up and down the media included, why can't we stop Daicos etc, but to go after the next bloke, the next in line after Daicos gets ball worked extraordinarily well, and as Gerard Healy said, great coaching by Beveridge.

bornadog
05-06-2024, 06:20 PM

I listened to that yesterday, and for most of us out there jumping up and down the media included, why can't we stop Daicos etc, but to go after the next bloke, the next in line after Daicos gets ball worked extraordinarily well, and as Gerard Healy said, great coaching by Beveridge.

Dogs ?never-before-seen? scalp in Champion Data stats (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/1571809/dogs-never-before-seen-scalp-in-champion-data-stats)

The Western Bulldogs achieved a 25-year-first in the win over Collingwood last Friday night, according to Champion Data.

Taking a deep dive into the post-match stats, the Dogs were first to the ball nine less times than the Pies at stoppage but ended up winning 17 more clearances.

It?s a turnaround Champion Data has never seen in their 25 years of collating stats, and a feat made even more impressive when considering the Bulldogs were without typical clearance king Tom Liberatore.

Of the Dogs? 55 clearances on Friday night, star duo Adam Treloar (11) and Marcus Bontempelli (10) were the main culprits, while 12-gamer Harvey Gallagher (6) was next best.

The remaining 28 clearances were spread across 12 different players.

Bontempelli sits fourth across the competition for total clearances this season (80), followed closely by Treloar (77) on the club-house leaderboard.

Liberatore leads the league for average clearances with 9.8 per game (next best Fremantle?s Caleb Serong, averaging 7.8).