PDA

View Full Version : Starting midfield friday night - who you got?

azabob
27-05-2024, 07:19 PM
So, it is well known our midfield three has been fairly constant over the past 18 months. The only real change has been with Liberatore being out Richards has stepped in and exceeded all expectations.

This Friday night no Liberatore and no Richards.

What are my fellow woofers thoughts on who is the starting three and what is your rotation strategy throughout the match? Keep ??em guessing or stick to a core group.

Are you going old school with Bontempelli, Macrae and Treloar?

Are you going out with the old in with the new in Sanders, West, Garcia?

Are you totally flipping the script and playing Bontempelli forward?

Or is Gallagher your third amigo? Or will Harmes be the third wheel? Is it a Bevo special and giving the keys to Daniel?

? so who you got?

mjp
27-05-2024, 08:07 PM
Great thread.

I've no idea which way I would go...but great thread.

Treloar's first quarters have been off the hook the last few weeks so I would start there and build it out...

jazzadogs
27-05-2024, 08:12 PM
We have been starting hot, and I like that.

I'm going Bont, Treloar and Garcia.

azabob
28-05-2024, 09:57 AM
It is a must win game, so Bontempelli and Treloar both need to be there for the opening bounce.

The third player is definitely a toss of the coin.

How much of a consideration is given to who we think Collingwood will start in the middle?

I really would like to see Garcia and West get significant opportunities through the middle.

It will be disappointing if we go back to three experienced players (Bont, Treloar, Macrae, Daniel).

We should really give the opportunity to the younger brigade.

Mantis
28-05-2024, 11:15 AM
Bont, Treloar & Gallagher.

Gallagher goes to Nick Daicos and follows him everywhere.

Harmes, Garcia & Sanders are next in line for midfield minutes... West can also run through there as required. Would like to share the load more tanh we have in the 1st portion of the season and to play with a high intensity in there.

I'm asking Macrae to follow around Pendlebury and to keep him quiet around the ground, but I don't want him in for CBA's.

Happy Days
28-05-2024, 11:18 AM
Bont, Treloar & Gallagher.

Gallagher goes to Nick Daicos and follows him everywhere.

Harmes, Garcia & Sanders are next in line for midfield minutes... West can also run through there as required. Would like to share the load more tanh we have in the 1st portion of the season and to play with a high intensity in there.

I'm asking Macrae to follow around Pendlebury and to keep him quiet around the ground, but I don't want him in for CBA's.

I don’t know if I’m in love with Gallagher tagging Daicos. He went to Gulden after Scott went off and got pretty badly cooked.

I’d rather Harmes do it.

EasternWest
28-05-2024, 11:50 AM
I don’t know if I’m in love with Gallagher tagging Daicos. He went to Gulden after Scott went off and got pretty badly cooked.

I’d rather Harmes do it.

GVG can you check the security on the site it seems like Happy Days has been hacked.

Mantis
28-05-2024, 12:35 PM

I’d rather Harmes do it.

I'm not in love with it either, but it seems the coaches are trying to give these types of roles to Gags so happy for him to have first go... if Daicos gets off the chain then Harmes can have a crack.

GVGjr
28-05-2024, 01:51 PM
GVG can you check the security on the site it seems like Happy Days has been hacked.

Harmes didn't go to the East West dinner last night, word was Happy Days would be there and now this.

EasternWest
28-05-2024, 01:55 PM
Harmes didn't go to the East West dinner last night, word was Happy Days would be there and now this.

Evidence is mounting

Mofra
28-05-2024, 01:57 PM
Treloar, Harmes, Garcia

Mix it up. Bont starts forward and runs to the contest so nobody runs with him.
West can't start on the middle as he's per go to 'defensive' forward option and if we make Darcy Moore cry, we win. Simple as that.

Jeanette54
28-05-2024, 06:28 PM
I would start with Bont, Macrae and Treloar, with Bont to go forward, and West or Garcia to subsequently run through the middle

DOG GOD
28-05-2024, 09:39 PM
Bont, treloar definitely. I want McRae on the bench if in the team at all. If nick discos starts in middle then harmes. If not, Garcia.

If we do not tagged NDaicos from opening bounce I?m turning the tv off. It?s an absolute disgrace how he isn?t tagged every week FFS.

josie
29-05-2024, 12:40 AM
Dog God, your typo bought up an image of Nick in Travolta dance pose, one finger pointing towards the disco ball.

Agree with your thoughts about tagging Daicos.

Not sure whom I’d like to see as mids at first bounce but definitely want Garcia and West to have some mid time during the match.

bornadog
29-05-2024, 10:36 AM
First bounce will be Bont, Treloar and Macrae. I say Macrae because why is he in the team if he doesn't attend the CBA? I would prefer Garcia, but doubt we go that way.

azabob
11-06-2024, 09:38 PM
CBA wise I think we will back in Liberatore over Richards come Saturday afternoon.

Moving forward it will be an interesting watch to see which way it goes.

Richards was such a dynamic breath of fresh air, hopefully he can demand his spot back.

bornadog
11-06-2024, 11:54 PM
CBA wise I think we will back in Liberatore over Richards come Saturday afternoon.

Richards was such a dynamic breath of fresh air, hopefully he can demand his spot back.

Richards must play in the middle.

Mantis
12-06-2024, 08:09 AM

Libba needs to be told that he MUST NEVER kick out of a clearance unless it's a direct kick to a team-mate... his long & high bombs to no one will be the death of me.

azabob
12-06-2024, 08:39 AM

Could not agree more.

Gut feel is Bevo will back Libba in.

hujsh
12-06-2024, 10:19 AM
Libba needs to be told that he MUST NEVER kick out of a clearance unless it's a direct kick to a team-mate... his long & high bombs to no one will be the death of me.

Should Treloar get pulled into that meeting? Maybe CC'd on the email?

bornadog
12-06-2024, 10:23 AM

Yeah, he does it alot

Mantis
12-06-2024, 11:03 AM

His dump/snap kicks out of congestion leaving me equally frustrated.

mjp
12-06-2024, 01:17 PM
His dump/snap kicks out of congestion leaving me equally frustrated.

Why is it his fault?

Shouldn't the players upfield be in position for the quick surge kick as an exit??

Grantysghost
12-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Why is it his fault?

Shouldn't the players upfield be in position for the quick surge kick as an exit??
I'm leaning this way. Treloar gets more penetration with those kicks / clearances so i have zero issue with them. The opposite actually they are good.

Mantis
12-06-2024, 01:57 PM
Why is it his fault?

Because we are often left out-numbered ahead of the ball due to our want to push our HF's up to the clearance.

Sure, when under pressure a kick for 'territory' is advantageous but there are lots of example when Adam has time to move the ball on to a player in a better position or at least steady before just hacking it forward.

mjp
12-06-2024, 02:13 PM
Because we are often left out-numbered ahead of the ball due to our want to push our HF's up to the clearance.

Sure, when under pressure a kick for 'territory' is advantageous but there are lots of example when Adam has time to move the ball on to a player in a better position or at least steady before just hacking it forward.

Well, the forwards need to round 'em up.

I know what you're saying but sometimes a quick kick is the ONLY kick. Don't get outmarked - that's your job.

mighty_west
12-06-2024, 02:17 PM

Jose Romero was good at that, get ball and dump kick, although we should be better equipped these days with 3 legit tall forwards, the main issue though is that unlike Hawkins or Cameron our forwards don't necessarily read the play as well or don't spread well enough to crate the space for one of them to read with what should be a quickfire out of the middle set play.

mighty_west
12-06-2024, 02:23 PM

The fact the John Longmire said in his after game presser that they made a mistake by starting their tag on Dale and Not Richards speaks volumes, he just looks like an elite mid, there are plenty of other players that can clear the ball from the backline.