PDA

View Full Version : Forward Line decimated - what now

bornadog
02-06-2024, 04:32 PM
We are down Naughton, Weightman, Darcy, West and VDM. How would you structure the forward line for the next couple of weeks.

Do we forget bringing another tall, and go with a smaller forward line, or does a Buku type come in?

bulldogtragic
02-06-2024, 04:36 PM
And VDM who gets picked. Barnes who rotates through it too.

HF: McNeil - Lobb - Macrae/Bont/Garcia
F: Khamis - Marra - Clarke

Rocco Jones
02-06-2024, 05:34 PM
I wouldn't play Arty or especially Clarke as I believe they are too big a risk of being massive passengers.

- KPFs: Marra, Lobb, Buku
- McNeil, Macrae fwd most the game
- Bont, Garcia, Gags rotating there

D Mitchell
02-06-2024, 06:16 PM
Adam Treloar. Arguably the greatest gift our club has ever had. Ugle-Hagan keeps his spot by dint of his 2 goals. Will Ugle-Hagan ever demonstrate anything like what AT shows ?

Bumper Bulldogs
02-06-2024, 06:42 PM
I would love to see a forward line of
F: Lobb, JUH and McNiel
HF: Daniel, Khamis, MaCrae

This would allow both Daniel and McCrae to play high 1/2 forward/mid roles which should be an absolute head ache for the Lions. Khamas to just float around and take grabs at will while JUM and Lobb get serious around goals.

Interesting. Who would have thought we would have ever been able to cover carnage like this in the F50. Credit to Sam and not continuing to draft HBF type of players

Happy Days
02-06-2024, 07:12 PM
Yeah if Jamarra didn’t do any of that good stuff I agree he would’ve had a bad game.

hujsh
02-06-2024, 07:22 PM
Yeah if Jamarra didn’t do any of that good stuff I agree he would’ve had a bad game.

2 goals, one almost goal from a snap in the pocket and a direct goal assist is a pretty nice 'quiet' night to have. Suppose the same could be said of Lobb so hopefully they have more impact this week

EasternWest
02-06-2024, 07:27 PM
Arguably the greatest gift our club has ever had.

Why are we talking about Lachlan Veale?

You're the funniest dude on this forum.

After me.

jazzadogs
03-06-2024, 01:01 AM
Why are we talking about Lachlan Veale?

You're the funniest dude on this forum.

After me.

Sleeping on Zaine Cordy at pick 62.

Uninformed
03-06-2024, 01:06 AM
I would like to give Bedendo a try. A marking, medium forward with the pace to put on some pressure?

azabob
04-06-2024, 03:20 PM
So, how are we going to kick a winning score the next two weeks?

Brisbane have one of the best key defenders in the game and Fremantle they are just hard to score against full stop.

Naughton, Darcy, VDM, West and Weightman are five of our first choice forwards!

I am now worried how we will score.

my plums
04-06-2024, 03:34 PM

Brisbane have one of the best key defenders in the game and Fremantle they are just hard to score against full stop.

Heard the stat is 6 of our top 9 goal scorers missing this week.

bulldogsthru&thru
04-06-2024, 03:39 PM

Darcy and Naughton are the big outs here purely because of their marking ability up the ground. Darcy took some really important grabs on Friday night that meant the ball didn't turnover the other way. Those are momentum shifters. I'm worried we'll struggle to get enough f50 entries let alone enough scoring shots.

It really will just come down to others having to step up big time. Marra and Lobb need to step up and have big games. Our mids need to continue their excellent form and we'll need loads of pressure from whoever replaces West and VDM.

We need the approach of one man down another up. But Marra and Lobb are the 2 that will drive our fate.

Axe Man
04-06-2024, 03:42 PM
Heard the stat is 6 of our top 9 goal scorers missing this week.

That will be correct if West and Vandermeer don't play.

We can't just rely on JUH to kick a bag, we are going to have to spread the load.

GVGjr
04-06-2024, 03:44 PM
I would like to give Bedendo a try. A marking, medium forward with the pace to put on some pressure?
I thought he might be a chance as well but he wasn't on the track yesterday. Let's hope he trains well and gives the MC a reason to have a rethink

GVGjr
04-06-2024, 03:45 PM

I think Cody is a chance to play against Fremantle.
The brace was off yesterday and he completed the full session.

Sedat
04-06-2024, 04:05 PM
If Libba and Richards both return this week, Bont forward for extended periods would be on the cards you'd imagine.

Or a left-field option, maybe Libba will spend more time forward to protect him from himself? He is a smart player and a beautiful kick.

mighty_west
04-06-2024, 06:07 PM
If Libba and Richards both return this week, Bont forward for extended periods would be on the cards you'd imagine.

Or a left-field option, maybe Libba will spend more time forward to protect him from himself? He is a smart player and a beautiful kick.

With Naughton out and Richards firing in the middle, i'd like Bont play the Naughty role at CHF, was needed in the middle v Pies but with Richards AND Libba back i think it could be a positive move and keeping our forward structure, Marra, Lobb playing the Darcy role and Bont also providing a target but also keeping the Lions backs accountable, with West out Garcia slots into his role with Sanders more mid time.

FrediKanoute
05-06-2024, 12:14 AM
With Naughton out and Richards firing in the middle, i'd like Bont play the Naughty role at CHF, was needed in the middle v Pies but with Richards AND Libba back i think it could be a positive move and keeping our forward structure, Marra, Lobb playing the Darcy role and Bont also providing a target but also keeping the Lions backs accountable, with West out Garcia slots into his role with Sanders more mid time.

West will play!

bornadog
05-06-2024, 09:24 AM
Do we play JUH deep or Lobb deep? I am not sure how it is going to work

Mofra
05-06-2024, 10:09 AM
I thought J-Mac was excellent against Collingwood.

Two talls is enough with a leading type as well. Bont can rotate forward when Lobb chops out in the ruck. Buks can lead if we want another forward in who can split the defenders.

EasternWest
05-06-2024, 10:10 AM
Do we play Lobb

Nope.

azabob
05-06-2024, 10:29 AM
I thought J-Mac was excellent against Collingwood.

Two talls is enough with a leading type as well. Bont can rotate forward when Lobb chops out in the ruck. Buks can lead if we want another forward in who can split the defenders.

J-Mac=Jack Macrae?

Macrae played with a real physicality for the first time this year. He really hunted the ball and attacked the opposition.

Warrnambulldog
05-06-2024, 10:09 PM
Despite the great win last week, there was a lot of scope for improvement with our forward setup. Spangher needs to get it going. Hope Jamarra can position himself better in contests. No Darcy and Naughts vs Andrews, think we need to lower the eyes a bit more this week, get the smalls involved, McNeil to keep growing in confidence

MrMahatma
06-06-2024, 07:47 AM
English forward, VDM to ruck.

Turn the disadvantage to an advantage.

#BevBall