PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 13, 2024 vs Brisbane

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
07-06-2024, 01:23 PM
The moment; the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's game against Brisbane.
Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

Was it a collection of moments or even one with greater significance outside of the actual games result.. the kind where you go, oh no, this is going to keep Jeemak posting til 4am the next 3 nights and see EasternWest reach some kinda of shit-posting nirvana state.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
07-06-2024, 10:47 PM
McNeil's miss and Berry subsequent scoring from almost identical situation down the other end. It just totally killed any momentum.

But you know you could pick 3 or four equally shitty moments that sum up our shittiness tonight.

bulldogtragic
07-06-2024, 10:48 PM
McNeil ending his career with a miss my dead nan would’ve kicked. How many times do we need him to kill our chances to turn a game?

westbulldog
07-06-2024, 11:31 PM
My mate McNeil (again) missing from 30m dead in front under the roof. He and Vandermeer had 9 kicks between them and kicked 0.2 , enough is enough.

Hotdog60
07-06-2024, 11:36 PM
Libba's jumper punch it was all down hill from there.

Grantysghost
07-06-2024, 11:37 PM
Libba's jumper punch it was all down hill from there.
+1
Stupid is as stupid does.

Happy Days
07-06-2024, 11:44 PM
When MJP said we couldn’t win on Wednesday. I was feeling pretty good about our chances until then.

angelopetraglia
07-06-2024, 11:46 PM
First bounce. We could not win a clearance. Neale had 15 touches in the first quarter. Dunkley 10. They just beat us up around the ball. It was like men against boys in the middle. That set the tone for the night.

Grantysghost
07-06-2024, 11:50 PM
When MJP said we couldn’t win on Wednesday. I was feeling pretty good about our chances until then.
Ha, definitely has a lot to answer for.

merantau
07-06-2024, 11:59 PM
McNeil's miss really hurt. West hit the post when we need a goal. English missed the only set shot he had. The Bailey Dale snap that missed just before three quarter time. The shocking decision by Caleb Daniel, the Bailey Dale kick out to Libba who was outnumbered 2 - 1, Jones in the last quarter flaffing around and then kicking the ball to two Brisbane players - multiple nightmare moments.

MrMahatma
08-06-2024, 12:01 AM
When we all as a team decided to not win the ground ball and let them have it.

Plus, McNeil’s miss

Hotdog60
08-06-2024, 12:05 AM
Jones in the last quarter flaffing around and then kicking the ball to two Brisbane players - multiple nightmare moments.

I think the issue there was no one was giving him an option had to play on and couldn't get it far enough.
What I notice a lot tonight was we don't lead up to the ball carrier. All our forwards roll back expecting players to kick it over the opposition heads.

bornadog
08-06-2024, 12:07 AM
Allowing both Hipwood and Daniher to stand alone in the goal square

Eastdog
08-06-2024, 12:53 AM
When we kicked it straight to Dunkley from a kick in early in the game and it was a goal.

jeemak
08-06-2024, 12:56 AM
The missed incorrect disposal at the CB against Neale with seventeen seconds left on the clock in the second, and then nobody in our colours on the ground thinking it could get any worse.

Mantis
11-06-2024, 09:34 AM
My biggest moment was late in the game was when Macrae came onto the ground following a goal.

Garcia was set up in the centre square ready to go, but Jack bolted on yelling out, 'Sonny, Sonny' and pointed to the forward line.

It seemed every centre bounce in the 2nd half was attended by the ''old guard'' who were ****ing ordinary... it was a return to the past and the sooner we can get healthy and change things up the better.