PDA

View Full Version : Bankers & Anchors: Rnd 13, 2024 vs Brisbane

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
07-06-2024, 01:25 PM
This is the Round 13, 2024 edition of the weekly Bankers and Anchors thread. Once this evening's game against Brisbane has concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys/aspects of the game that we banked on to do the right thing during the game
The Anchors = 3 guys/aspects of the game that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each player or aspect of the game, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match - I will allow more freedom now as the thread seems to be going down more of the aspects of the game path so you can have 3 for each made up of aspects of the game and individual players.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

bulldogtragic
07-06-2024, 11:09 PM
B

Bont quiet night is 20 & 3 goals
Um, not going down by 100

A

Lobb
Daniel
Pathetic effort

bornadog
08-06-2024, 12:29 AM
Bankers

1. JOD first goal

2. Bont's mark and goal in the last

3. Freijah - building along nicely

Anchors

1. Jones I love him but tonight, he was spanked. Left his man many times on his own in the goal square - not his best game by a mile.

2. Umpiring - how can you only have 4 frees in a half of footy and the opposition 16.

3. Midfield - killed tonight

The Adelaide Connection
08-06-2024, 01:41 AM
Massive (W)Anchor: Whoever was responsible for the fixturing.

Being forced to play a team coming off their SECOND bye (when we haven't had one) is just corrupt.

We also go shafted in Round 1 having to play a team with a game under their belt.

We now have the pleasure of playing Free coming off of their bye too...

bulldogtragic
08-06-2024, 07:38 AM
Massive (W)Anchor: Whoever was responsible for the fixturing.

Being forced to play a team coming off their SECOND bye (when we haven't had one) is just corrupt.

We also go shafted in Round 1 having to play a team with a game under their belt.

We now have the pleasure of playing Free coming off of their bye too...

Sydney off a 5 day break…

merantau
08-06-2024, 08:10 AM
Bankers
1.Freijah - is tracking well.
2. JOD - can play both ends
3. Williams - he was sure handed under a lot of pressure on many occasions.

Anchors
1. The men in puce. They were appalling.
2. The fixture - surely the Club has to speak out about these two issues.
3. Missing set shots.

Bullies
08-06-2024, 08:58 AM
Bankers

1. JOD first goal

2. Bont's mark and goal in the last

3. Freijah - building along nicely

Anchors

1. Jones I love him but tonight, he was spanked. Left his man many times on his own in the goal square - not his best game by a mile.

2. Umpiring - how can you only have 4 frees in a half of footy and the opposition 16.

3. Midfield - killed tonight JOD will be a handy swing man when we get the troops back. Would still like to se him on the wing but he looked quite comfortable on the forward line and could do well against the 5th or 6th defender.

The Adelaide Connection
08-06-2024, 09:54 AM
Sydney off a 5 day break…

Complete stitch up.

Grantysghost
08-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Anchors

-Midfield group. What was that?! Defensively, and inside that was as poor a collective midfield game as I've seen.

-Libba, love the guy but he was on another planet tonight especially early.

-Tactics, JOD forward due to the obsession with the 3 talls up there leaving the under seige defence down a tall was big brain stuff with Buku a spectator.

Bankers

-Bont 3 goals impacted when tagged

- Odd considering my other comments but JOD was great. He's good this guy.

-Lobb battled hard, was physical, and played his role well. He cops it but i was happy with his game on a dark night.

bornadog
08-06-2024, 04:56 PM
JOD will be a handy swing man when we get the troops back. Would still like to se him on the wing but he looked quite comfortable on the forward line and could do well against the 5th or 6th defender.

My mate at the footy last night thought he was 188cm, because he doesn't look tall. I said he is 197cm - his response, no wonder Bevo gives him so many games. I really like him as a player