PDA

View Full Version : Always Right Match Committee Round 16 VS North Melbourne

Scraggers
10-06-2024, 03:49 AM
Welcome to the Always Right Match Committee Thread. The Match Committee threads has been named after long time WOOF member Always Right who tragically passed away in March 2018.

If you were on the Western Bulldogs match committee, what changes would you make after our Bye and our Round Fourteen match against Fremantle for our Round Sixteen match against North Melbourne at Marvel on Saturday afternoon.

For those new to these threads, please give a brief explanation for your changes ... this would add a lot of value to the discussion.

GVGjr
15-06-2024, 11:37 AM
Bump

bulldogtragic
15-06-2024, 05:35 PM
Naughton, Harmes & Coffield all listed as soon as two weeks time.

Darcy back for sure.

Only KPD choice is Khamis or Buss.

jDogs
15-06-2024, 05:47 PM
Buss in for Buku seems obvious.
Bevo said the timing wasn't right, I am just going to assume that he meant that the week after the bye would be the perfect timing.

whythelongface
15-06-2024, 05:52 PM
Buss in - week after the bye and against norf - perfect.
Darcy - in

Khamis - out
VDM -out (won’t happen)

ledge
15-06-2024, 06:53 PM
Buss in - week after the bye and against norf - perfect.
Darcy - in

Khamis - out
VDM -out (won’t happen)

I thought Naughton was a chance.

Bumper Bulldogs
15-06-2024, 06:56 PM
Right now it?s to hard but 1/2 after todays game.

Outs Daniel, Gags and Khamis

Ins Harmea, Darcy and Buss. Scott as the sub

Warrnambulldog
16-06-2024, 12:17 AM
Out; Gallagher, Scott, Khamis
In; Garcia, Darcy, Busslinger

bornadog
16-06-2024, 12:22 AM
I thought Naughton was a chance.

Naughton said on SEN that he will be available after the bye.

Possibles

Darcy, Naughton, and what do you do with Lobb?

Buss played another good game today, Baker had 32 disposals, Garcia had 31

Under the pump

Scott, Gallagher, Daniel, Buku

jazzadogs
16-06-2024, 12:34 AM
I actually really liked our forward line with less talls. We hit up more leads rather than bombing it long to packs, and had good pressure when the ball hit the ground. Lobb and Marra are both natural tall forwards who are good at not spoiling each other's contests.

I would still love to see our forwards lead at the ball more, particularly on a fast break. We are always looking for the 50m perfect penetrating flat kick out the back.

It is such a strange problem to have, too many talls. I don't know what the answer is... Other than one going to defence.

EasternWest
16-06-2024, 01:10 AM
I actually really liked our forward line with less talls. We hit up more leads rather than bombing it long to packs, and had good pressure when the ball hit the ground. Lobb and Marra are both natural tall forwards who are good at not spoiling each other's contests.

I would still love to see our forwards lead at the ball more, particularly on a fast break. We are always looking for the 50m perfect penetrating flat kick out the back.

It is such a strange problem to have, too many talls. I don't know what the answer is... Other than one going to defence.

Woop woop

PR0408
16-06-2024, 01:31 AM

Possibles

Under the pump

I?m a fan of buss and I think he can make it. However possessions are not how we rate a defender and even if we did he butchered it numerous times today. Like many did. In saying that our team structures are way out.
Buss isn?t great one on one. Hamling kicking 5 on him doesn?t bode well if he is thrust into AFL. Just let him continue to develop in the vfl for now.

jeemak
16-06-2024, 01:48 AM
What? Busslinger had five kicked on him by Joel Hamling and we're saying he should be promoted?

kruder
16-06-2024, 01:58 AM

Possibles

Under the pump

Naughty back? :cool:

kruder
16-06-2024, 02:09 AM
What? Busslinger had five kicked on him by Joel Hamling and we're saying he should be promoted?

Our defence is a massive issue, Buss is well off the pace still. I like Freijah but I reckon he cost us 3-4 goals while Buku runs around like an under 18 player still, without ball in hand he isn't an AFL footballer. Is JOD really a KPD? I'm not convinced he is a number two yet I prefer him as the 3rd tall at this stage.

We kicked 149 points without Naughty and Darcy today which is a phenomenal effort, but is having all that talent in one area of the ground the best utilisation of our assets? It's worth noting that with Ed showing up in the the middle of the park we are also seeing Bont getting forward more with 6 goals in 2 weeks.

Food for thought for Bevo no doubt, but I would think Freijah,Buku, Scott and Gags to be on the edge of selection next time out.

Hotdog60
16-06-2024, 09:51 AM
I wonder if a bit of fatigue is setting in with Freijah and he may be looking forward to a week off.

bornadog
16-06-2024, 10:22 AM
I?m a fan of buss and I think he can make it. However possessions are not how we rate a defender and even if we did he butchered it numerous times today. Like many did. In saying that our team structures are way out.
Buss isn?t great one on one. Hamling kicking 5 on him doesn?t bode well if he is thrust into AFL. Just let him continue to develop in the vfl for now.

Fair enough, I only saw part of the game and didn't realise Joel kicked 5 on him.

Buku is saved for another match.

GVGjr
16-06-2024, 10:30 AM
I wonder if a bit of fatigue is setting in with Freijah and he may be looking forward to a week off.

It's a fair call but for someone so young he has been impressive with the role he's been asked to play and the manner he's stuck to his task.

EasternWest
16-06-2024, 10:46 AM
It's a fair call but for someone so young he has been impressive with the role he's been asked to play and the manner he's stuck to his task.

Yeah I like what I see.

hujsh
16-06-2024, 10:58 AM

New Lewis Young.

Happy Days
16-06-2024, 11:05 AM

Firstly, it was 4 - rude.

Secondly, if we weren?t promoting him when he played well, maybe we were waiting for him to play poorly?

Virgin-Dog
16-06-2024, 11:16 AM
Naughton, Harmes and Coffield are all possibilities. I?m going to assume none are ready in time (and I think we?ll send Coffield through the VFL first regardless).

Darcy must come in. Garcia and Buss should get a spot.

Daniel out. Simple change.
Scott goes to sub.

Gallagher out. His output has been dropping for weeks. I?m a huge fan of his but would like to see him get some form through the VFL then come back in a few weeks.

Final chance is Buku out.

ibonttobreakfree
16-06-2024, 11:45 AM
I couldn't make it to the game yesterday so was only watching on tv. When Jamarra or Lobb where having a spell did Bont go forward. I couldn't quite tell but I get the feeling a few times he started on ball and drifted forward to be the 2nd tall, with the high HFs replacing him on ball. Good magnet spinning imo.

Rocco Jones
16-06-2024, 12:02 PM
I know Naughts won't play back but...

Lobb as R2/fwd >>>> Buku as a def. A lot of us would love to see Buss in, I would like to see what he does too but along with a lot of marks, he seems to concede a few goals at VFL level (I could be wrong as I don't watch heaps of VFL).

bornadog
16-06-2024, 12:08 PM
I couldn't make it to the game yesterday so was only watching on tv. When Jamarra or Lobb where having a spell did Bont go forward. I couldn't quite tell but I get the feeling a few times he started on ball and drifted forward to be the 2nd tall, with the high HFs replacing him on ball. Good magnet spinning imo.

I didn't notice Bont up forward for long periods

Hotdog60
16-06-2024, 12:20 PM
I think he only drifted forward when we had control in the back half to give another option or having a rest.

Mofra
16-06-2024, 12:21 PM
Darcy for Lobb.
Garcia for Gags.

jazzadogs
16-06-2024, 12:32 PM
I think there's very little chance Gallagher gets dropped coming off a bye. The belief will be that he is rested and ready to return to his best form.

Go_Dogs
16-06-2024, 01:39 PM
I think he only drifted forward when we had control in the back half to give another option or having a rest.

It seemed like a purposeful move that he would hold position on a turnover a bit more and be well placed to run forward of centre rather than having to be the only mid working hard into the D50. It worked a treat and we should see more of it moving forward.

Before I Die
16-06-2024, 02:04 PM
After a 10 goal plus win, you only drop players when there are clearly better options demanding to come in. Darcy and Naughton if ready, tick that box. If Coffield is deemed ready to go, it wouldn?t surprise if he came in for Buku. I think Lobb will be unlucky, but one good game isn?t enough to keep Darcy out. Somebody else will have to make way for Naughton. I only think Garcia comes back if he has clearly demonstrated the KPIs he was set by the coaches. I doubt if one game at VFL level would be enough to do this.

BornInDroopSt'54
16-06-2024, 03:16 PM

Very interesting.
Perhaps, given it was proven in our best win for some time, the forward set up is our best?
It certainly put goals and a big victory on the scoreboard.
Darcy represents our chance at winning it this year and can only be an addition.
Fact is Lobb can do the job if we play to him.

FrediKanoute
17-06-2024, 08:10 PM

Possibles

Under the pump

Did Buku play that bad a game? I thought he was good against oversized opponents. Daniel, Scott and Gallagher are playing a role and I think doing this pretty well.

Its a tricky selection and North did well against the pies (and probably should have won it). We are similar in a lot of waus to the Pies so I see the North game as being a real danger game.

lemmon
18-06-2024, 12:58 PM
Pretty interested in how we fit four into three come the North Melbourne game.

If Naughton is cherry ripe, I think he probably has to play - after North we have Port away and Carlton. Those are huge games and I think he needs a run to find some touch and form.

Marra is a lock and so that means Lobb or Darcy.

I think Lobb has to play after that performance. Dropping him sends the wrong message to the group around selection integrity. I don't think we can play the four, so that means Darcy is the unlucky man.

He was tremendous against Collingwood, but it is a bit of the Ian Healy theory in terms of not giving the next bloke in-line a sniff at your spot.

Great problem to have, but Lobb has set a bar for himself and knows that the guy gunning for his spot is incredibly talented and ready to go.

bornadog
18-06-2024, 01:06 PM

If Naughton is cherry ripe, I think he probably has to play - after North we have Port away and Carlton. Those are huge games and I think he needs a run to find some touch and form.

I think Lobb has to play after that performance. Dropping him sends the wrong message to the group around selection integrity. I don't think we can play the four, so that means Darcy is the unlucky man.

He was tremendous against Collingwood, but it is a bit of the Ian Healy theory in terms of not giving the next bloke in-line a sniff at your spot.

Great problem to have, but Lobb has set a bar for himself and knows that the guy gunning for his spot is incredibly talented and ready to go.

Does Darcy play in the backline?

Happy Days
18-06-2024, 01:12 PM
Respectfully not a chance in hell Lobb should play ahead of Darcy if they’re both available and there’s only room for one.

mighty_west
18-06-2024, 01:47 PM

I know it's been done to death and i am a pro Naughton plays CHF guy and it probably won't happen anyway, however there comes a time where what is best for team balance and a stronger structure, Lobb played well moving up the ground more and we lack key position defenders if you know where i'm coming from.....

jeemak
18-06-2024, 02:12 PM
I don't put any faith in Lobb returning that sort of form in the future, so happy to worry about what we do with our four talls if that actually happens.

I think Darcy misses out against Norf if Naughton is returning, and learns a valuable lesson about not exposing yourself to missing games through stupidity.

Naughton was the highest rated forward in the competition. He comes back and plays forward.

Freo were shit on Saturday. I think that had something to do with how good we looked with our interim structure.

chef
18-06-2024, 02:13 PM

If its Darcy or Lobb it's Darcy everyday of the week. Lobb didn't play that well on the weekend to keep Sam out.

Sometimes guys are just Fringe and that's Rory's lot.

Scraggers
18-06-2024, 03:54 PM
Left field ... Does Lobb have the tank (and the wherewithal) to play back? Could he play deep and stick with the second best forward (whilst also cutting out English in the ruck)

EasternWest
18-06-2024, 03:55 PM
Left field ... Does Lobb have the tank (and the wherewithal) to play back? Could he play deep and stick with the second best forward (whilst also cutting out English in the ruck)

I'm here for the girlfriend videos about it

Bulldog Joe
18-06-2024, 05:52 PM

I would say his tank is fine, not sure about the application.

To my eye his mobility is better than Darcy, so could cover the KPD if he really took it on board.

His weakness would be in the contested marking and Darcy might be the best option back if they want to put one of them behind the ball. We would require a lot better pressure to stop the easy kick to a leading forward for either of them to succeed defensively.

Bullies
20-06-2024, 02:45 PM
I would say his tank is fine, not sure about the application.

To my eye his mobility is better than Darcy, so could cover the KPD if he really took it on board.

His weakness would be in the contested marking and Darcy might be the best option back if they want to put one of them behind the ball. We would require a lot better pressure to stop the easy kick to a leading forward for either of them to succeed defensively. Agree they are 2 different players. Lobb is not a pack mark and relies on his speed as a hit up player. Has plenty of stamina as well. Could he be a chance on the wing?

1eyedog
20-06-2024, 06:50 PM

Lobb out Darcy in.

Don't be silly.

Grantysghost
20-06-2024, 06:58 PM
If its Darcy or Lobb it's Darcy everyday of the week. Lobb didn't play that well on the weekend to keep Sam out.

Sometimes guys are just Fringe and that's Rory's lot.
Yeah nah don't agree Chef.

Lobb kicked 3 and presented all day.

Darcy has to earn his spot back after his brain fade.

chef
20-06-2024, 07:27 PM
Yeah nah don't agree Chef.

Lobb kicked 3 and presented all day.

Darcy has to earn his spot back after his brain fade.

Rewatch the Pies game, Darcy is already a much better footballer than Lobb.

Maybe Richards should have come back through the 2s as Garcia had an OK game. Seems the same logic.

Grantysghost
20-06-2024, 07:40 PM
Rewatch the Pies game, Darcy is already a much better footballer than Lobb.

Maybe Richards should have come back through the 2s as Garcia had an OK game. Seems the same logic.
Hmmm. Hear you, I get it sorry wasn't trying to be dismissive respect your thoughts.
I was at the game and Lobb was very good.

Hard one to manage. I kind of think there's more to lose not playing Lobb long term.

Btw there seems to be some angst towards me at the moment, I'll have a bit of a hiatus to give you woofers some anti me time :cool:

Apologies if offended anyone.

Uninformed
20-06-2024, 07:43 PM
Any takers for Darcy playing back. Keep Lobb and Darcy covers for Keath. Never get out-marked with Darcy and Jones down back. His is pretty mobile and has ground game.

Don't like to lose talent from the side if Lobb can sustain his form.

G-Mo77
20-06-2024, 08:40 PM
I just came on to bitch about selections this week and find out we have a bye.

See you all next week. ;)

hujsh
20-06-2024, 08:45 PM
Kind of unbelievable we didn't pick Garcia again

chef
20-06-2024, 09:37 PM
Hmmm. Hear you, I get it sorry wasn't trying to be dismissive respect your thoughts.
I was at the game and Lobb was very good.

Hard one to manage. I kind of think there's more to lose not playing Lobb long term.

Btw there seems to be some angst towards me at the moment, I'll have a bit of a hiatus to give you woofers some anti me time :cool:

Apologies if offended anyone.

No angst from me mate.

Rocco Jones
20-06-2024, 10:21 PM
Re: Darcy and Lobb.

I mentioned earlier in the thread, I'd much rather Lobb in the side than whichever 3rd tall defender we select. Obviously the issue is we would need to send Naughts or Darcy back.

I know it's very unlikely but I would like to see Naughts go back. Perhaps the type of move to take us the next step.

L Jones, Naughts and JOD down back. Darcy, Lobb and Marra forward.

comrade
20-06-2024, 10:34 PM

I mentioned earlier in the thread, I'd much rather Lobb in the side than whichever 3rd tall defender we select. Obviously the issue is we would need to send Naughts or Darcy back.

I know it's very unlikely but I would like to see Naughts go back. Perhaps the type of move to take us the next step.

This should be well received haha

ledge
20-06-2024, 10:38 PM
Lobb has an unbelievable tank , I’m not sure Darcy could run with a forward all day.

The Underdog
20-06-2024, 10:45 PM

This gets suggested all the time, but is there any concrete reason we think Naughton would be good down back? Obviously good in the air, but not necessarily a 1 v 1 guy and awfully slow to move the ball by foot / not a super reliable field kick.

bornadog
20-06-2024, 11:33 PM
This gets suggested all the time, but is there any concrete reason we think Naughton would be good down back? Obviously good in the air, but not necessarily a 1 v 1 guy and awfully slow to move the ball by foot / not a super reliable field kick.

Yeah, decision making not brilliant, but then again, Keath is slow as a wet week to move the ball .

jeemak
21-06-2024, 01:03 AM
I think Darcy should be made to earn his spot back and learn that cannoning into the back of a vulnerable opponent for no reason, getting suspended for it and putting the team's performance in jeopardy has consequences at selection if his replacement plays well.

But if we needed to get both him and Naughton into the team, then I'd play him back like I said I would at the start of the year if all of Lobb, Marra and Naughton had earned forward selection like they have for next week.

At this point I'd be happy with that experiment versus having Khamis play as the second tall.

jeemak
21-06-2024, 01:10 AM

We've seen this year on one occasion what Naughts getting the ball behind centre field looks like. Ambition, blinkers and a lack of skill is punishable by goals, and he'd cost us plenty because he'd be so good at marking/ finding the footy.

We've been stagnant and prone to turnovers with the likes of JJ, Richards and Dale controlling things at times, and these guys are guns with the football in hand. I wouldn't like the change, but if it happened I'll either be proved correct or wrong and the latter would solve a lot of issues (albeit creating some with Darcy, Marra and Lobb in the forward line running in sand when they don't have the ball).

The Underdog
21-06-2024, 11:14 AM
We've seen this year on one occasion what Naughts getting the ball behind centre field looks like. Ambition, blinkers and a lack of skill is punishable by goals, and he'd cost us plenty because he'd be so good at marking/ finding the footy.

We've been stagnant and prone to turnovers with the likes of JJ, Richards and Dale controlling things at times, and these guys are guns with the football in hand. I wouldn't like the change, but if it happened I'll either be proved correct or wrong and the latter would solve a lot of issues (albeit creating some with Darcy, Marra and Lobb in the forward line running in sand when they don't have the ball).

Yeah, I get the whole trying to find a way to get all 4 talls on the field and I’m as frustrated as the next supporter by the problem. I’m just not sure that Naughton to the backline is the slam dunk solution some think it is. The club certainly don’t seem to be considering it at all, which probably says something.

Mofra
21-06-2024, 11:15 AM
Well he was 4th in our B&F as a defender so I think he could play well there.

He is however the no 1 forward in the comp (statistically) this year so I'm guessing he stays where he's elite.

Given we want speed on the ball in the back half, do we absolutely have to play 3 talls every game? I'd rather gamble on our rebound compensating for any height differential in our 3rd defender

The Bulldogs Bite
21-06-2024, 01:34 PM
I almost want to reward Lobb's persistence and game vs Freo by making Darcy come back through the VFL.

It sounds crazy but it keeps team morale high. EVERY player knows if they play well, they get a chance, and if they perform they maintain their spot. It says to Darcy that we know you are becoming a super player already, which is why we need you on the park and not in the stands. Have to bide your time now until a spot opens up.

Not to take North lightly, but it's a good week to do it.

All of this assumes Naughton is back. If he's not, Darcy and Lobb both play.

Before I Die
21-06-2024, 02:06 PM
I don?t get the love for Lobb. Two good games in two years is not enough. He is the back up man. It?s great that he can contribute, on occasion, but he just hasn?t performed consistently enough to retain his place. And he certainly hasn?t performed consistently enough to have us play around with our structure to fit him in.

Regarding our backline, where is all the angst coming from? They are performing well. If we are looking to the future, it?s JOD and Busslinger, not Lobb or Naughton down back.

westbulldog
21-06-2024, 03:30 PM
Based on the Fremantle game Lobb does not deserve to be dropped. 107 ranking points 3 goals 19 disposals 6 marks 3 tackles 2 clearances. If anyone else had those stats they wouldn't be omitted.

Before I Die
21-06-2024, 04:57 PM
Based on the Fremantle game Lobb does not deserve to be dropped. 107 ranking points 3 goals 19 disposals 6 marks 3 tackles 2 clearances. If anyone else had those stats they wouldn't be omitted.

And quite possibly the MC will agree. But if fit, I would be bringing in Naughton and Darcy, which means I would be omitting Lobb. And I would see no issue with selection integrity. One good game is simply not enough. Darcy has a body of work behind him this season, Lobb has one good performance in a game where our entire forward line feasted.

chef
21-06-2024, 05:21 PM

I guess Garcia didn't deserve to lose his spot either, but Richards is just a better footballer.

Like Darcy is to Lobb.

Grantysghost
21-06-2024, 06:53 PM
I guess Garcia didn't deserve to lose his spot either, but Richards is just a better footballer.

Like Darcy is to Lobb.

Garcia was dropped because he had things to work on according to Mr Beveridge.

chef
21-06-2024, 08:01 PM
Garcia was dropped because he had things to work on according to Mr Beveridge.

Hopefully he can just tell Rory the same thing.

Though it just seems Bevo was just sugar coating Garcia being drop for a better player.

Grantysghost
21-06-2024, 08:22 PM
Hopefully he can just tell Rory the same thing.

Though it just seems Bevo was just sugar coating Garcia being drop for a better player.
Ha may be right :)

jeemak
21-06-2024, 09:27 PM
Ah yes, the Bevo lies to everyone narrative.

BornInDroopSt'54
21-06-2024, 09:42 PM
It not going to happen but given we are coming off a big win in which Lobb, Marra, Weigtman, Bont and West were great, Naughton could play CHB.
I dismissed it all along given his forward value but the team found forward targets aplenty without him.
Naughton at CHB could be interesting in the second half of the premiership season.
Sam Darcy will replace Naughton's goal tally no probs and his marking power.

hujsh
21-06-2024, 10:05 PM
Ah yes, the Bevo lies to everyone narrative.

He does, but worst of all, he lies to himself.

Grantysghost
21-06-2024, 10:17 PM
He does, but worst of all, he lies to himself.
Dude too deep for a footy chat :)

chef
21-06-2024, 10:20 PM
Ha may be right :)

Not saying Bevo is a liar, but who knows.

Grantysghost
21-06-2024, 10:56 PM
Not saying Bevo is a liar, but who knows.

Omg chef is saying bevo is a liar

The you broke my heart macaroons will be popular tomorrow.

Rocco Jones
22-06-2024, 12:25 PM
In terms of Naughts going back to allow Lobb to keep his spot:
- I believe Naughts adds more value to our side as a forward rather than as a defender
- I also believe Lobb has more value as a R2/KPF than whoever we select alongside Jones and JOD as a KPD

I guess to me it's value we get from having Lobb in over say Buku/Buss - value we lose from moving Naughts.

comrade
22-06-2024, 01:12 PM
- I believe Naughts adds more value to our side as a forward rather than as a defender
- I also believe Lobb has more value as a R2/KPF than whoever we select alongside Jones and JOD as a KPD

I guess to me it's value we get from having Lobb in over say Buku/Buss - value we lose from moving Naughts.

You?re effectively saying:

Lobb forward & Naughton back > Naughton forward & Buku (or whoever isn?t Naughts) back

I think you?re probably right but we?ll never get a chance to have it proven or not.

hujsh
22-06-2024, 01:22 PM
You?re effectively saying:

Lobb forward & Naughton back > Naughton forward & Buku (or whoever isn?t Naughts) back

I think you?re probably right but we?ll never get a chance to have it proven or not.

There's also Darcy. When it comes to playing the 'interceptor' role he can also do it and I'd trust him more after marking the ball. He's pretty much a menace in any part of the ground except a little as the ruck (for now)

Grantysghost
22-06-2024, 02:35 PM

This has been my thought for a while. Naughton is a great forward and will be a great defender I believe.
He has all the attributes.

The team just looks better with him back.

Why is it when we have a surplus of mids we are ok with playing the forward (Richards was forward rolling up v Freo) but we get so caught up with KPPs.

Theres an argument to be had that not all mids will make good forwards.

It would make a mockery of any perceived meritocracy if Lobb gets dropped.

hujsh
22-06-2024, 03:08 PM
This has been my thought for a while. Naughton is a great forward and will be a great defender I believe.

Why is it when we have a surplus of mids we are ok with playing the forward (Richards was forward rolling up v Freo) but we get so caught up with KPPs.

Theres an argument to be had that not all mids will make good forwards.

It would make a mockery of any perceived meritocracy if Lobb gets dropped.

On paper, we don't really know how it looks in practice

Grantysghost
22-06-2024, 03:22 PM
On paper, we don't really know how it looks in practice
Yep absolutely.

bornadog
22-06-2024, 05:40 PM

An elite forward is 100% better than an elite back. to the value of a team

Just look at Melbourne with two great KPDs, but they struggle to kick goals beacuse no KPF good enough.

Backs don't win you games, goals do.

comrade
22-06-2024, 05:42 PM

Just look at Melbourne with two great KPDs, but they struggle to kick goals beacuse no KPF good enough.

We?d have Lobb, Darcy & Marra forward. All 3 are better than Melbourne?s best key forward option.

hujsh
22-06-2024, 06:53 PM

Melbourne, is that the club that won a GF (that didn't count) with Happy Days favourite full forward Ben Brown?

jeemak
22-06-2024, 07:30 PM
We?d have Lobb, Darcy & Marra forward. All 3 are better than Melbourne?s best key forward option.

Are you forgetting Schache kicked four goals in the wet?

Happy Days
22-06-2024, 07:50 PM
Melbourne, is that the club that won a GF (that didn't count) with Happy Days favourite full forward Ben Brown?

I don’t have any memory of that at all?

Go_Dogs
22-06-2024, 09:59 PM
I don’t have any memory of that at all?

Hadn’t heard it either. It’s like the opposite of Butters coming to the Dogs.

mighty_west
22-06-2024, 10:06 PM

Not sure that is always the case, Liam Jones is arguably our most valuable player, he goes down and we are stuffed plus we do have a surplus of tall forwards and two quality small forwards at our expense, we rolled with just Jamarra and Lobb as our key forwards v Freo and kicked our highest score of the season.

Most of the Naughton to CHB talk over the past few seasons i believe revolved around not trusting his set shots for goals, funny thing is that has improved considerably this season yet for the structure of the team it's probably seen more as what actually helps the team rather than where he plays his best footy.

bornadog
24-06-2024, 04:53 PM
Gun forward nears return as Dogs face selection squeeze (https://www.afl.com.au/news/1157858/gun-forward-aaron-naughton-set-to-return-as-western-bulldogs-face-selection-squeeze?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR0BB2ds4cd54DyYRdYqxmMEiN3 uaB47MSK6lM-QEhIQtpDZmftHHm2zSVs_aem_FyWTBV83V0LThMpgTaGBxQ)

WESTERN Bulldogs key forward Aaron Naughton is on track to face North Melbourne this Saturday at Marvel Stadium, creating a selection conundrum for Luke Beveridge.

Naughton has been sidelined for the past month after sustaining a moderate grade medial collateral ligament injury in the loss to Sydney in round 11.

The West Australian was expected to miss up to six weeks after escaping an anterior cruciate ligament tear, but has made strong progress and has this fixture circled.

Naughton completed a light session at the Whitten Oval on Monday, but will need to prove his fitness at Wednesday's main training before being given the green light to resume his season.

Young gun Sam Darcy is available after serving a two-game suspension prior to the bye for a late hit on Collingwood defender Brayden Maynard in round 12.

The 20-year-old should come straight back in after kicking 22 goals from 11 games to start 2024, before losing his Telstra AFL Rising Star eligibility on the same weekend as 2023 pick No.1 Harley Reid.

Rory Lobb has spent more time playing for Footscray than the Western Bulldogs this year ? seven games in the VFL, six at AFL level ? but the former Giant and Docker produced his most complete performance last start since moving to Melbourne.

The 31-year-old, who is expected to request a trade in October despite having two years to run on his contract, finished with 19 disposals, 10 contested possessions, seven hitouts, six marks and three goals against Fremantle in the 67-point win.

Lobb started the season ahead of Darcy but was dropped after round one and has only played when Jamarra Ugle-Hagan missed earlier in the season, before replacing Naughton when he went down. Beveridge hasn't played all four in the same side this year.

Off-season signing Nick Coffield will also need to pass a fitness test on Wednesday to book his return from a shoulder reconstruction.

The former top-10 pick played in round one but then dislocated his shoulder against Gold Coast in round two, undergoing surgery in March.

A decision will then be made later in the week regarding whether he plays against North Melbourne at Arden Street in the VFL or at Marvel Stadium against Alastair Clarkson?s side.

Former Demon James Harmes could also be available to face the Kangaroos after being sidelined since straining his hamstring against the Magpies in round 12.

The Dogs reached the bye one game adrift of the eight at 7-7 after winning four of their previous six games ahead of the weekend off.

Grantysghost
24-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Wow - Naughton, Darcy, Coffield, Harmes to come into a team that demolished Freo.

Yes I said Harmes.

bulldogsthru&thru
24-06-2024, 05:26 PM
That is some real selection headache.

I kinda feel bad for Lobb. Puts in a great, selfless performance only to get dropped.

GVGjr
24-06-2024, 05:45 PM
My guess is this was written before today's training session.

The Underdog
24-06-2024, 06:02 PM
Wow - Naughton, Darcy, Coffield, Harmes to come into a team that demolished Freo.

Yes I said Harmes.

Self-Harmesing again?

Grantysghost
24-06-2024, 06:50 PM
Self-Harmesing again?
Not bad lol

bornadog
24-06-2024, 10:44 PM
My guess is this was written before today's training session.

Don't think so. It was published this afternoon and mentions Naughton doing a light session on Monday.

GVGjr
24-06-2024, 11:29 PM
Don't think so. It was published this afternoon and mentions Naughton doing a light session on Monday.
What about Harmes not being on the track at all?
That sort of contradicts with his article

GVGjr
25-06-2024, 09:01 PM
How surprised would you be with a potential Busslinger debut against North? Could this be the week?

Grantysghost
25-06-2024, 09:20 PM
How surprised would you be with a potential Busslinger debut against North? Could this be the week?
He seems miles off to me but we have to shop him soon.

Happy Days
25-06-2024, 09:36 PM
He seems miles off to me but we have to shop him soon.

Miles off? He’s getting it a million times and using it pretty well, I think he’s improved a ton and earned a chance.

Grantysghost
25-06-2024, 09:46 PM
Miles off? He’s getting it a million times and using it pretty well, I think he’s improved a ton and earned a chance.

Runs like Geoff Southby now and he's dead! (he's not but why ruin yada yada....)

Let's cash in on this kid now he's never making it.

bornadog
25-06-2024, 09:49 PM
Runs like Geoff Southby now and he's dead! (he's not but why ruin yada yada....)

Let's cash in on this kid now he's never making it.

You are very harsh on him he is 198cm and only 20 years old, and we know big guys take longer to mature

Grantysghost
25-06-2024, 09:53 PM
You are very harsh on him he is 198cm and only 20 years old, and we know big guys take longer to mature
You can not be that slow in the afl. He's just not going to make it.
We need to cash in and never believe the WA people.

He has good skills, if he was a half back awesome.

Grantysghost
26-06-2024, 09:54 AM
You can not be that slow in the afl. He's just not going to make it.
We need to cash in and never believe the WA people.

He has good skills, if he was a half back awesome.
I am stepping back a tad. Never is too big. I just worry he's the next Keiran Collins.

Mat Lyons
26-06-2024, 01:48 PM
Is it time to unleash the Four Headed Monster at selection?

https://youtu.be/PFy9hgu5P5I

mjp
26-06-2024, 02:22 PM
I am stepping back a tad. Never is too big. I just worry he's the next Keiran Collins.

OK.

I think comparing Collins to Busslinger is probably a bridge too far.

Busslinger is slow. But he is probably a solid 5-6cm taller that Busslinger and does take genuine 1-on-1 marks...he is a lovely kick of the footy. There remains a lot to like...

I'm never a fan of drafting junior interceptors but I do think he's a bit better than that.

Mantis
26-06-2024, 03:18 PM
OK.

Busslinger is slow. But he is probably a solid 5-6cm taller that Busslinger and does take genuine 1-on-1 marks...he is a lovely kick of the footy. There remains a lot to like...

I'm never a fan of drafting junior interceptors but I do think he's a bit better than that.

Is Jake Lever fast?

Good positioning, cutting angles and anticipating ball movement can cover a lack of speed pretty easily.

Grantysghost
26-06-2024, 03:25 PM
OK.

He is nice with ball in hand. However, he just doesn't seem a player to me that's first round pick without it.

I'm probably judging too hard with that pick in mind, it's not like he selected himself and was the best defender at our pick.

What do you think the coaches are seeing that puts Buku in front? Gps data?

Grantysghost
26-06-2024, 03:26 PM
Is Jake Lever fast?

Good positioning, cutting angles and anticipating ball movement can cover a lack of speed pretty easily.
Fast mentally. Positioning and decision making.

Bullies
26-06-2024, 04:31 PM
He is nice with ball in hand. However, he just doesn't seem a player to me that's first round pick without it.

I'm probably judging too hard with that pick in mind, it's not like he selected himself and was the best defender at our pick.

What do you think the coaches are seeing that puts Buku in front? Gps data? I think Buss has time on his hands being a lot younger than Buku so no need to fast track him. I think they are taking the long term approach with him.

Buku lucky that we have a few missing at the moment and he is filling the gaps. I don't think they would see Buku as a long term defender as they are aware he can't defend very well.

Danjul
26-06-2024, 07:10 PM
I think Buss has time on his hands being a lot younger than Buku so no need to fast track him. I think they are taking the long term approach with him.

Buku lucky that we have a few missing at the moment and he is filling the gaps. I don't think they would see Buku as a long term defender as they are aware he can't defend very well.

Saw Buku as a halfback flanker and he played a good game a few years back against st Kilda when few others did. So we played him in the ruck, and as a forward and as a key defender. I suspect that he has not learned to specialise anywhere.

jeemak
26-06-2024, 09:00 PM
The things that stamp Khamis's papers each time I see him play are the things you can't really teach through specialisation, or playing forward, ruck, or as an interceptor which in each case he shows positive traits.

It's about the times he doesn't attack the ball or body when he should, or conceive the pressure he's going to be under if he gets his hands on the footy. There were a couple of glaring examples from last week, one of which resulted in a HTB where he was caught completely unawares, both hands on the footy at waist height instead of the inside (danger side) arm free to fend off, no turn of the body to protect what should have been a single arm carrying the ball.

If he hasn't learned these elements of craft by now, he never will. And they're super important if you're playing defence and needing to run it out.

He's OK as a back up, and you need back ups for back ups. But he's not going to be a key player/ best 22 for mine.

josie
26-06-2024, 09:49 PM
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-06-26/bulldogs-skipper-bontempelli-hurt-in-training-accident/104025456?utm_source=abc_news_app&utm_medium=content_shared&utm_campaign=abc_news_app&utm_content=link

Bont in doubt for game vs north, hopefully not too serious.

1eyedog
27-06-2024, 08:23 AM
The things that stamp Khamis's papers each time I see him play are the things you can't really teach through specialisation, or playing forward, ruck, or as an interceptor which in each case he shows positive traits.

It's about the times he doesn't attack the ball or body when he should, or conceive the pressure he's going to be under if he gets his hands on the footy. There were a couple of glaring examples from last week, one of which resulted in a HTB where he was caught completely unawares, both hands on the footy at waist height instead of the inside (danger side) arm free to fend off, no turn of the body to protect what should have been a single arm carrying the ball.

If he hasn't learned these elements of craft by now, he never will. And they're super important if you're playing defence and needing to run it out.

He's OK as a back up, and you need back ups for back ups. But he's not going to be a key player/ best 22 for mine.

Agreed he's too slow of mind.

Mofra
27-06-2024, 09:17 AM
Is Jake Lever fast?

Weitering isn't quick.
The slowest FB option in the competition (Sam Collins) is one of the best too. Both of these guys do exactly what your bottom sentence suggests.
In modern footy and zone defences, getting burnt on the lead is far less common than it used to be.

bornadog
27-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Sam Landsberger says Bont will play Saturday

Rocco Jones
27-06-2024, 11:40 AM
Thinking a couple of weeks ahead, do we accept that we have to play Buku or Buss on McKay or Curnow?

Axe Man
27-06-2024, 11:46 AM
Thinking a couple of weeks ahead, do we accept that we have to play Buku or Buss on McKay or Curnow?

Although still not ideal I would prefer JOD.

Rocco Jones
27-06-2024, 11:54 AM
Although still not ideal I would prefer JOD.

Oh whoops, yep I forgot JOD. But yeah, he is ideally very much your 3rd defender.

Rocco Jones
27-06-2024, 12:13 PM
Just on Buss, like others have stated, there are plenty of gun KPDs with limited speed.

Buss is a bit different to most as he has some clear strengths and weaknesses. Looks like he has a really strong ability to intercept and find the ball, which is massive. He seems like quality with ball in hand for a KPD too. On the other end, he is slow and still raw, easily exposed 1:1.

IMO confidence is especially important to these types as their strengths are more on the offensive/rebound end of defending. If hesitant/ultra defensive mindset, he will be playing to his weaknesses more than his strengths. I think a bit risk to bring him in but honestly I don't see Buku as anything more than a KPD3 who's main upside in the intercept part. Not like we are getting 1:1 quality from him.

Before I Die
27-06-2024, 01:19 PM
Oh whoops, yep I forgot JOD. But yeah, he is ideally very much your 3rd defender.

Why is JOD so regularly written off as a KPD? He is still developing but has the complete skill set and the size. Surely he is our future CHB, and with the injuries, our best option now

Rocco Jones
27-06-2024, 01:50 PM
Why is JOD so regularly written off as a KPD? He is still developing but has the complete skill set and the size. Surely he is our future CHB, and with the injuries, our best option now

I rate JOD highly. More that he is young and also that being a 3rd defender isn’t a bad thing. He offers us the flexibility to play another guy suited to playing on KPFs.

Rocco Jones
27-06-2024, 01:51 PM
Do we just play Truck as the 3rd defender instead of Buku?

mjp
27-06-2024, 02:18 PM

I would do this.

Pleather Sole
27-06-2024, 02:44 PM
I was there. It was a good win but apart from a few passages of play Freo barely showed up. We weren't doing the usual long bombs to no-one because there wasn't the pressure on us like there was against the Pies or Sydney. Our goalkicking accuracy was where it should be every game. So there was cohesion and solid performances which was a relief to see and enjoy but a lot of that might've been different if Freo had challenged us relentlessly for 4 quarters. I hope we can replicate the same results under sustained intense pressure.
North have been feverish with pressure of late, I hope we're not complacent or it could be worse than a narrow win.
I'd rather see Busslinger get a guernsey than another ridiculous musical chairs line-up. One not great game from him when the whole VFL team had a shocker isn't enough to keep him back. If Coff is back next week Buss might not get another chance this year. I've watched every VFL & AFL game this year and he's ready. He's an obvious like for like even if raw and more than deserves a chance. There are many many supporters/and non supporters who see his talent and a handful of naysayers who appear to be splitting hairs. I believe he'd take a lot of pressure off Liam. He could even be a player that blooms under AFL pressure, but how will we know?
If he requests a trade home I'd say fair call mate, no point sticking around with smoke being blown up your behind by coaches who quibble about your potential.
If he gets a guernsey against Carlton or Sydney and doesn't blow the house down Bevollini can say "see I told you so". I love this club but the inconsistency and rhetoric re selection fritzes my brain.

bornadog
27-06-2024, 03:17 PM

Doesn't it depend on the match ups? I know nothing about Norths forwards other than Larky and Zurhaar

Rocco Jones
27-06-2024, 03:55 PM
Doesn't it depend on the match ups? I know nothing about Norths forwards other than Larky and Zurhaar

With Buku vs Truck down back, I view neither as KPD2 and anytime they will have to do actual defending vs a dangerous tall will be an issue but that's okay if we get something the other way.

I think Buku's plus side as a KPD3 is his ability to help out on team defence using his athleticism when in the right position. Issue is, he often seems to get lost. He has speed but again I think his lack of defensive nous means it's a bit irrelevant. His disposal is pretty good for a taller role if he has time. Can be really exposed 1:1 and even get so lost it's an easy uncontested mark for his opponent.

Truck's positioning I think is better. More of an ability to make it an actual contest. Playing him as as KPD3 is a strengths based approach of going the problem I guess. Kinda giving the 1:1/defensive side away a bit and trying to get more rebound going. One negative is we lose Truck's value elsewhere.

I love Buku and hope he keeps improving but I don't see him providing enough value.

Pleather Sole
27-06-2024, 04:31 PM
With Buku vs Truck down back, I view neither as KPD2 and anytime they will have to do actual defending vs a dangerous tall will be an issue but that's okay if we get something the other way.

I think Buku's plus side as a KPD3 is his ability to help out on team defence using his athleticism when in the right position. Issue is, he often seems to get lost. He has speed but again I think his lack of defensive nous means it's a bit irrelevant. His disposal is pretty good for a taller role if he has time. Can be really exposed 1:1 and even get so lost it's an easy uncontested mark for his opponent.

Truck's positioning I think is better. More of an ability to make it an actual contest. Playing him as as KPD3 is a strengths based approach of going the problem I guess. Kinda giving the 1:1/defensive side away a bit and trying to get more rebound going. One negative is we lose Truck's value elsewhere.

I love Buku and hope he keeps improving but I don't see him providing enough value.

I agree with all of this. I'll add that its not just the value we lose from Truck elsewhere, its the compound increments of every player covering every deficit as a result. Sometimes we manage it and sometimes it pushes players too thin and structure goes awol, fumbles, clangers, execution problems.

azabob
27-06-2024, 06:36 PM
Aaron Naughton officially playing.

kruder
27-06-2024, 07:16 PM
Sounds like Lobb will retain his spot

bulldogsthru&thru
27-06-2024, 07:21 PM
Khamis is out too. Wonder what our defence will look like.

bulldogtragic
27-06-2024, 07:23 PM
Four headed monster again.

hujsh
27-06-2024, 07:26 PM
Guessing Darcy to take Khamis' spot down back

azabob
27-06-2024, 07:26 PM
Aaron Naughton (IN)

Oskar Baker (IN)

Sam Darcy (IN)

Buku Khamis (OUT)

Caleb Daniel (OUT)

Anthony Scott (OUT)

kruder
27-06-2024, 07:27 PM
You got your wish good call for this week. Buku isn?t an AFL player, play Williams in defence until Keath is back.

jeemak
27-06-2024, 07:27 PM
What's the chances of either Lobb or Darcy being the sub?

jeemak
27-06-2024, 07:28 PM
B: Taylor Duryea, Liam Jones, Bailey Williams
HB: Lachy Bramble, James O’Donnell, Bailey Dale
C: Harvey Gallagher, Adam Treloar, Ryley Sanders
HF: Cody Weightman, Aaron Naughton, Jack Macrae
F: Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Marcus Bontempelli, Rhylee West
FOLL: Tim English, Ed Richards, Tom Liberatore
INT: Laith Vandermeer, Oskar Baker, Rory Lobb, Sam Darcy, Joel Freijah
EMG: Buku Khamis, Caleb Daniel, Anthony Scott

In: Sam Darcy, Aaron Naughton, Oskar Baker
Out: Anthony Scott, Buku Khamis, Caleb Daniel

bulldogtragic
27-06-2024, 07:29 PM

2 in 23. More so 2 in 5.

hujsh
27-06-2024, 07:30 PM

My guess would be Baker but yeah could see it easily being one of them too.

Bulldog Joe
27-06-2024, 07:34 PM
We can always go with my suggestion from last year and play Naughton on the wing.
Williams back
Jamarra CHF
Darcy FF and Lobb forward ruck.

Testekill
27-06-2024, 07:35 PM
North don't have a particularly tall forward line so we can make do with Williams as third tall. At this point I'm giving up hope on Busslinger sticking with us and I want Garcia in the team although I would have dropped either Scott or Daniel for him and they're both out anyways.

HOSE B ROMERO
27-06-2024, 07:42 PM
That's an insane amount of height in the team. Surely one of them would be the sub.
Great to have Astro back.

bornadog
27-06-2024, 07:54 PM
Khamis is out too. Wonder what our defence will look like.

We have JOD and Jones as our tall backs.

Pleather Sole
27-06-2024, 08:09 PM
That's an insane amount of height in the team. Surely one of them would be the sub.

Bevo has requested Marvel leave the roof off.

Before I Die
27-06-2024, 08:30 PM

Would it make any sense to have Lobb or Darcy as a sub? I?m not a fan of the four headed monster, but I think Baker will be sub.
I wonder if the plan is to limit Astro?s minutes in his first game back.

Grantysghost
27-06-2024, 09:42 PM
Would it make any sense to have Lobb or Darcy as a sub? I?m not a fan of the four headed monster, but I think Baker will be sub.
I wonder if the plan is to limit Astro?s minutes in his first game back.

I think one or Macrae or Sanders. The forward line is too stacked otherwise.

Is Harmes fit?

EasternWest
27-06-2024, 09:51 PM
Is Harmes fit?

Oh he'd get it.

Rocco Jones
27-06-2024, 10:04 PM
With TOG% we are probably going to 'only' have 3 of the talls forwards at a time. Average about 80% TOG, Lobb will spend 20% rucking. That's a lot though ha! But not like there won't be room for smalls to play forward.

I think fans can fixate on height too much. Naughts IMO offers more fwd pressure than perhaps anyone but definitely more than our average small forwards. Lobb can play huge TOG but is clunky I guess. Marra can be more mobile than anyone. A massive factor for mine is one of our 'smalls' being more like a tall in Cody.

1eyedog
27-06-2024, 10:30 PM
I would do this.

We've had really limited results with this tbh. Maybe it's the best option amongst not very good options.

1eyedog
27-06-2024, 10:33 PM

What do you love about Buku exactly? His story?

He's not turning out to be much chop as a footy player unfortunately.

bornadog
27-06-2024, 11:09 PM
My guess would be Baker but yeah could see it easily being one of them too.

I think Baker will play in the backline, and Williams wing. Sanders to sub

Rocco Jones
27-06-2024, 11:20 PM
What do you love about Buku exactly? His story?

He's not turning out to be much chop as a footy player unfortunately.

Yeah, I’m trying to be nice.

jeemak
27-06-2024, 11:31 PM
We can always go with my suggestion from last year and play Naughton on the wing.
Williams back
Jamarra CHF
Darcy FF and Lobb forward ruck.

You better not have gone back and read something to support that.

jeemak
27-06-2024, 11:37 PM
Is Harmes fit?

Oh he'd get it.

WOOF should have an "Is Harmes Fit" (he's fit as) penalty like there was on You Can't Do That on TV when someone said "I dont' know" or "water".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjMJkT0uBhY

Grantysghost
28-06-2024, 12:14 AM
Oh he'd get it.

I reckon he's about a 8 or a 9 maybe even 9 and a half in four beers time.

ledge
28-06-2024, 09:10 AM
Wardlaw out after a concussion incident at training , that’s a massive blow for them.

Bulldog Joe
28-06-2024, 09:24 AM
You better not have gone back and read something to support that.

Don't need to check.
My memory is impeccable and I always remember just how I want.

angelopetraglia
28-06-2024, 11:08 AM
Bevo just said. Bont will have a test indoors. They don't know if he will play yet. He is above 50%.

bornadog
28-06-2024, 11:18 AM
Bevo just said. Bont will have a test indoors. They don't know if he will play yet. He is above 50%.

My gut feel is he won't play

JanLorMill
28-06-2024, 11:26 AM
My gut feel is he won't play
Why risk him? It’s the bottom team we are playing and we should get it done without him

Happy Days
28-06-2024, 11:32 AM
He’s named at full forward, which despite being very cool might be a bit of a tell.

Critter
28-06-2024, 11:40 AM
Given some of his efforts in the Freo game, VDM has to be favourite for sub role by the length of the straight.

ReLoad
28-06-2024, 11:57 AM
no Wardlaw for them makes Bont having an extra week off all the more palatable.

Whilst he isn't in the team Id love to see Garcia getting as many centre rotations as possible, seems like a good opportunity?

bornadog
28-06-2024, 12:05 PM

Whilst he isn't in the team Id love to see Garcia getting as many centre rotations as possible, seems like a good opportunity?

Garcia not named in emergencies

Grantysghost
28-06-2024, 12:06 PM

Absolutely - rest the Bont ffs!

Axe Man
28-06-2024, 12:10 PM
Absolutely - rest the Bont ffs!

The 2 games he has played under duress this season have been 3 voters, play him and get him the Brownlow he deserves!

Seriously though I'll leave this one to the medicos, if it's just a discomfort thing without risk of making it worse he probably plays, if there's a chance he could aggravate it and miss the next game then perhaps rest him.

Grantysghost
28-06-2024, 12:13 PM
The 2 games he has played under duress this season have been 3 voters, play him and get him the Brownlow he deserves!

Seriously though I'll leave this one to the medicos, if it's just a discomfort thing without risk of making it worse he probably plays, if there's a chance he could aggravate it and miss the next game then perhaps rest him.

He so deserves a brownlow, but the umpires have nfi.

Jeanette54
28-06-2024, 12:14 PM
Why risk him? It’s the bottom team we are playing and we should get it done without him

The fact they are the bottom team is exactly the reason why this game is such a scary prospect.

bulldogsthru&thru
28-06-2024, 12:24 PM
He so deserves a brownlow, but the umpires have nfi.

It's called the umpires award remember.

When you hear it named like that it takes off all the prestigious weighting it has around it.

Grantysghost
28-06-2024, 12:31 PM
It's called the umpires award remember.

When you hear it named like that it takes off all the prestige weighting it has around it.

Agree.

EasternWest
28-06-2024, 03:16 PM
I reckon he's about a 8 or a 9 maybe even 9 and a half in four beers time.

Bit too much fake tan though but yeah you score high.

JanLorMill
28-06-2024, 06:03 PM
The fact they are the bottom team is exactly the reason why this game is such a scary prospect.
Can?t beat north without Bont then we are truly useless this year.

merantau
28-06-2024, 06:17 PM
I just saw a clip of Bont on TV. Do I need to get my eyes checked? It looked like he'd lost 5kg. I hope it's my eyes and not the Bont.

Pleather Sole
28-06-2024, 07:55 PM

👏👏👏💯%

EasternWest
28-06-2024, 08:00 PM
Why risk him? It?s the bottom team we are playing and we should get it done without him

I'm not saying this could be regretted, I'm just not not saying it.

westbulldog
28-06-2024, 08:33 PM
Given some of his efforts in the Freo game, VDM has to be favourite for sub role by the length of the straight.

suitable as sub in the VFL game imo