PDA

View Full Version : Always Right Match Committee Round 18 VS Carlton

Scraggers
10-06-2024, 07:57 PM
Welcome to the Always Right Match Committee Thread. The Match Committee threads has been named after long time WOOF member Always Right who tragically passed away in March 2018.

If you were on the Western Bulldogs match committee, what changes would you make after our Round Seventeen match against Port Adelaide for our Round Eighteen match against Carlton at Marvel on Saturday afternoon.

For those new to these threads, please give a brief explanation for your changes ... this would add a lot of value to the discussion.

GVGjr
06-07-2024, 08:53 AM
Bump

kruder
06-07-2024, 07:54 PM
Surely its time for Gags to go back his confidence is shot, needs to get his hands on the ball again a spell in the VFL will do him world of good.

Bumper Bulldogs
06-07-2024, 08:00 PM
Let’s hope Jones and Weightman are right to come back in.

So JOD and Naughts are outs. Jones and Weightman replace them

Saunders for Garcia

chef
06-07-2024, 08:05 PM
Let’s hope Jones and Weightman are right to come back in.

So JOD and Naughts are outs. Jones and Weightman replace them

Saunders for Garcia

Heard Weightman could be 5 weeks, recurring of a previous groin injury.

1eyedog
06-07-2024, 08:08 PM
Heard Weightman could be 5 weeks, recurring of a previous groin injury.

He's so injury prone.

kruder
06-07-2024, 09:26 PM
Weitering(corky thigh) and McGovern(hip) off injured early fingers crossed for next week.

bornadog
06-07-2024, 10:20 PM
Is it time for Buss. The big men in the backline are going down like 9 pins.

Happy Days
06-07-2024, 10:23 PM
Buku is ****ing terrible man, Buss cannot be worse. Like brother spit in the air and they couldn’t be worse than what we’re doing, let’s at least see what he’s got.

EasternWest
06-07-2024, 10:31 PM
Is it time for Buss. The big men in the backline are going down like 9 pins.

You're definitely right but is it the right time v Curnow and McKay? I dunno. It's a scary prospect for game one.

Eastdog
06-07-2024, 10:32 PM
He's so injury prone.

Yep just can't take a trick. I feel we are better when Cody is in the team.

westbulldog
06-07-2024, 11:05 PM
If Garcia doesn't replace either McNeil or Vandermeer and Khamis gets a gig before Busslinger the club is a laughing stock. Other changes depend on injuries.

Scorlibo
07-07-2024, 12:28 AM
If Garcia doesn't replace either McNeil or Vandermeer and Khamis gets a gig before Busslinger the club is a laughing stock. Other changes depend on injuries.

I agree that Garcia should be in the team but McNeil and Vandermeer were better than half the team today. They'll get another go next week.

Happy Days
07-07-2024, 01:17 AM
I think I wanna play Tony Scott every week from now on. In addition to being one of the best directors of big budget Hollywood blockbusters ever he is such a handy, tidy and professional player. He’s like adding shallots to a stir fry, you aren’t really sure what it does but it makes it better.

Go_Dogs
07-07-2024, 07:43 AM
It feels a bit like deck chairs, it’s really our best and most experienced midfielders who let us down yesterday and they aren’t getting dropped.

If Jones and Cody are right, agree they’re in for Naughts and JOD.

If one of them isn’t available, bring in the Buss and play Buku forward, Lobb back.

The Underdog
07-07-2024, 08:25 AM
JJ mentioned on the Danny Boyd pod that he’d be ready for the Carlton game, whether that’s straight into the seniors is a question, but he might be an option. There’s bugger all at VFL level to get excited about. Pray that Jones can play and at least he and Lobb can go to Curnow and McKay.
Garcia’s numbers were good at VFL level so maybe he gets a shot.

In: Jones, Weightman, JJ, Garcia
Out: Naughton, JOD, Gallagher, McNeil

McNeil stays in if Cody can’t play.
I go to the movies if Jones can’t play.

GVGjr
07-07-2024, 08:57 AM
While he's making progress I can't see JJ being available at Carlton given his last session during the week was a combination of rehab and full training. Lets hope that he's further advanced than I think he is. I'm not confident on Weightman.

Jones is a fair chance of being available.

Out Naughton, JOD, Gallagher and Khamis
In Jones, Freijah, Garcia and Baker

The Underdog
07-07-2024, 09:06 AM
While he's making progress I can't see JJ being available at Carlton given his last session during the week was a combination of rehab and full training. Lets hope that he's further advanced than I think he is. I'm not confident on Weightman.

Jones is a fair chance of being available.

Out Naughton, JOD, Gallagher and Khamis
In Jones, Freijah, Garcia and Baker

Cheers, JJ might have been optimistic, but it’s a thin selection group.
I’d completely forgotten Khamis. Maybe Buss gets a role as the 3rd tall defender over him, a debut and contract extension in the same week.
Says a lot that Caleb isn’t really being thrown out there as an option.

bornadog
07-07-2024, 02:19 PM
Chef mentioned Weightman maybe out for a long time? Anyone else heard anything?

I think Gallagher needs a spell.

Other than McKay and Curnow, are there any other talls in Carlton's forward line? If not Lobb to McKay, and Jones to Curnow and drop Buku.

lemmon
07-07-2024, 03:03 PM
Out: JOD, Coffield, Naughton, Macrae
In: Jones, Freijah, Baker, Garcia

-Jones straight swap in for JOD
-I thought Coffield was fine yesterday, but we looked incredibly stagnant coming from half-back and he doesn't help that. Freijah gives us better leg-speed from half-back and it was weird to leave him out. Considered Buku as the one out, but I think his aerial defensive work was actually solid
-I thought Macrae wasn't the worst yesterday either, but he's the slowest small in a forward line that let it springboard out way too easily. Baker and Garcia playing high should bring some more pace and intensity

Hotdog60
07-07-2024, 03:04 PM
Would Buss finally debut for JOD?

azabob
07-07-2024, 03:11 PM
Chef mentioned Weightman maybe out for a long time? Anyone else heard anything?

I think Gallagher needs a spell.

Other than McKay and Curnow, are there any other talls in Carlton's forward line? If not Lobb to McKay, and Jones to Curnow and drop Buku.

It was mentioned last pre season Cody had the same/similar injury and missed five weeks. Hopefully this time the severity is not as bad.

Dry Rot
08-07-2024, 12:14 AM
If Jones is still out and Lobb goes to Mackay, who the hell takes Curnow? Has Bont ever played in defence?

GVGjr
08-07-2024, 09:04 AM
Would Buss finally debut for JOD?

There is a decent chance but it's a hell of a time for a debut against two excellent forwards.

Mantis
08-07-2024, 10:58 AM
There is a decent chance but it's a hell of a time for a debut against two excellent forwards.

Which is probably why we should've blooded him against North instead of going to Buku again.

Our hand has been forced this time, but we've handled it poorly.

Sedat
08-07-2024, 11:10 AM
Which is probably why we should've blooded him against North instead of going to Buku again.

Our hand has been forced this time, but we've handled it poorly.
Assuming Jones is back this week, Buss could take the 3rd tall (ie: TDK when he's resting forward), with Jones and Lobb taking the big boys. That would free up Buku to play forward where he a naturally better player, which ensures Darcy and JUH have additional aerial support to keep Weitering and McGovern honest and stop both from peeling off.

That is less daunting for a debutant tall defender. I can't imagine we would send Buss to the wolves on one of McKay or Curnow.

lemmon
08-07-2024, 12:30 PM
Assuming Jones is back this week, Buss could take the 3rd tall (ie: TDK when he's resting forward), with Jones and Lobb taking the big boys. That would free up Buku to play forward where he a naturally better player, which ensures Darcy and JUH have additional aerial support to keep Weitering and McGovern honest and stop both from peeling off.

That is less daunting for a debutant tall defender. I can't imagine we would send Buss to the wolves on one of McKay or Curnow.

I'd prefer to play Harmes as that sixth forward and go in with the smaller forward set-up. Harmes has been a pretty intelligent user of the ball going inside 50, will harass and tackle and was hitting the scoreboard before he went out.

I know he's broadly not liked, but he'd hit a really solid patch of form before injury and we miss someone who will actually hit a leading forward as well as make opposition defenders accountable.

chef
08-07-2024, 12:46 PM

I guess we've had weeks to do it, throw him in and see how he goes.

Sedat
08-07-2024, 12:53 PM
I'd prefer to play Harmes as that sixth forward and go in with the smaller forward set-up. Harmes has been a pretty intelligent user of the ball going inside 50, will harass and tackle and was hitting the scoreboard before he went out.

I know he's broadly not liked, but he'd hit a really solid patch of form before injury and we miss someone who will actually hit a leading forward as well as make opposition defenders accountable.
I'm seat 1A on the Harmes bandwagon - you can't have enough team-first and selfless players in your 23. I think there's room for both, and Khamis adds some flexibility in the event of any potential injuries in-game.

PR0408
08-07-2024, 01:20 PM
I'm seat 1A on the Harmes bandwagon - you can't have enough team-first and selfless players in your 23. I think there's room for both, and Khamis adds some flexibility in the event of any potential injuries in-game.

Harmes is injured. That?s why he didn?t play on Saturday. Not sure j he ow he come into either side. Probably miss 4-6 weeks if it?s his hamstring

lemmon
08-07-2024, 01:51 PM
Harmes is injured. That?s why he didn?t play on Saturday. Not sure j he ow he come into either side. Probably miss 4-6 weeks if it?s his hamstring

Ah apologies - I saw he'd been named for Footscray and assumed he played.

bornadog
08-07-2024, 06:02 PM
Injuries are a total disaster

Jones out for 2 to 4 weeks, JJ as well, Naughton and JOD with concussion, Harmes 3 to 4 weeks

Good news Keath is a test

azabob
08-07-2024, 06:27 PM
Injuries are a total disaster

Jones out for 2 to 4 weeks, JJ as well, Naughton and JOD with concussion, Harmes 3 to 4 weeks

Good news Keath is a test

Luckily no one jinxed it last week… oh wait…

Rocket Science
08-07-2024, 06:31 PM
Jones missing for the most crucial month of the year would be a catastrophe if we were still a realistic finals proposition.

It's still a stunning thing to scan what's left to work with once you put a line through Jones.

Can we get Barrass over now?

Bullies
08-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Would be handy to have a fit Gardner to play on Curnow. We don't actually have anyone who can just defend and play on an opponent. As much as he cops a lot from our supporters a lot of the forwards hate playing on him. Highly rated internally by our players as well.

mjp
08-07-2024, 08:17 PM
As much as he cops a lot from our supporters a lot of the forwards hate playing on him.

To be fair, what supporters see (Gardy with ball in hand) ain't always great. What they don't see - off the ball defending and elite running capacity - makes life hard for oppo forwards.

I'm sure he'd like a bit more love from the flag wavers but remain convinced he would take the respect of his team-mates #1 on the list.

bornadog
08-07-2024, 10:28 PM
Would be handy to have a fit Gardner to play on Curnow. We don't actually have anyone who can just defend and play on an opponent. As much as he cops a lot from our supporters a lot of the forwards hate playing on him. Highly internally by our players as well.

Can he play one handed, we may need him

jDogs
10-07-2024, 06:05 PM
What a disaster of a week. I guess it's Darcy and JUH as the key forwards and Lobb stays down back? I know he has done more than okay in his first couple of games in the backline but I just really dislike Beveridge's propensity for chucking magnets around like he does.
Gee whiz, our backline is in some serious strife with week, praying for old man Keath to get up, just to have an old head down there.

Feel like a Gallagher dropping has been long overdue and would like to see Garcia in but it's looking pretty thin after that.

1eyedog
10-07-2024, 06:14 PM
What a disaster of a week. I guess it's Darcy and JUH as the key forwards and Lobb stays down back? I know he has done more than okay in his first couple of games in the backline but I just really dislike Beveridge's propensity for chucking magnets around like he does.
Gee whiz, our backline is in some serious strife with week, praying for old man Keath to get up, just to have an old head down there.

Feel like a Gallagher dropping has been long overdue and would like to see Garcia in but it's looking pretty thin after that.

Bevo doesn't toss the magnets around, gets lambasted. Bevo tosses the magnets around, gets lambasted.

Danjul
10-07-2024, 08:18 PM
Bevo doesn't toss the magnets around, gets lambasted. Bevo tosses the magnets around, gets lambasted.
I can toss magnets around. You can toss magnets around. Coaches are supposed to think for an hour, consult with assistants, use AI like WOOF and then carefully place the magnet.

Then the AA million dollar ruckman doesn?t start the game looking terrified in the forward line while a beginner beanpole carries the hopes of the supporters.

GVGjr
10-07-2024, 08:24 PM
I can toss magnets around. You can toss magnets around. Coaches are supposed to think for an hour, consult with assistants, use AI like WOOF and then carefully place the magnet.

Then the AA million dollar ruckman doesn?t start the game looking terrified in the forward line while a beginner beanpole carries the hopes of the supporters.

Can you expand on this one for me please Danjul?

jDogs
10-07-2024, 08:31 PM

Interested in seeing some examples of people criticising Bevo for not playing players in positions they've never played in if you have them handy.

Grantysghost
10-07-2024, 08:39 PM
G, your secret had to be revealed sooner or later.

Danjul
10-07-2024, 09:25 PM
Certainly.

Started seeing post #39 with Beveridge's propensity for chucking magnets around like he does.

which led to the comment

Bevo doesn't toss the magnets around, gets lambasted. Bevo tosses the magnets around, gets lambasted

and I responded to both with mine.

Danjul
10-07-2024, 09:33 PM
Can he play one handed, we may need him
Done it before.

See 2022 ? Weightman 76% game time 1 possession 1 arm and thus 1 hand.

I looked it up. It was a mark.

GVGjr
10-07-2024, 10:05 PM
Certainly.

Started seeing post #39 with Beveridge's propensity for chucking magnets around like he does.

which led to the comment

Bevo doesn't toss the magnets around, gets lambasted. Bevo tosses the magnets around, gets lambasted

and I responded to both with mine.

As per the section I initially highlighted, I'm interested in the meaning behind your comment about AI and WOOF? #curious

Happy Days
10-07-2024, 10:11 PM
I know the guy who posts about the same thing every time isn’t calling me AI

Grantysghost
10-07-2024, 11:27 PM
I know the guy who posts about the same thing every time isn’t calling me AI

https://i.imgur.com/aIQSOib.jpeg

Danjul
11-07-2024, 01:23 AM
As per the section I initially highlighted, I'm interested in the meaning behind your comment about AI and WOOF? #curious
That was an attempt at a joke. Alternative Intelligence. I was praising the fact that WOOF contains correct observations and sensible suggestions.

Obviously fell flat. Sorry.

Artificial intelligence scours the web to find accurate answers to real problems. Its intended purpose is to make use of what has been observed and published and aggregate it into a compact form. Its usefulness is supposed to be based on its accuracy , not on its ability to create alternative fact. It does not make up falsehoods ( usually).

The user gets online, and gets help quickly. Problem solved.

Danjul
11-07-2024, 02:04 AM
I know the guy who posts about the same thing every time isn?t calling me AI
I wouldn?t let that guy bother you. I suspect he will be banned soon.

Personally, I enjoy your comments. I actually look forward to them and was disappointed when they stopped for a while. Humorous and highly accurate, only known to be wrong three times, you are better than any Artificial Intelligence I have used.

Not a joke.

The Adelaide Connection
11-07-2024, 01:33 PM
I've trawled the Carlton boards for information, Weitering trained but Tim Dekonig was unsighted. Both have been question marks with Weitering struggling with a quad (bad cork) and it sounds like he is a bit of a cork magnet and has copped a lot over the journey.

Suggestions that Curnow is possibly playing injured (or has just been shit). Hopefully it is the former otherwise we likely play him back into form.

From their boards:
HERE is the latest injury news heading into Round 18.

Jacob Weitering (cork)
Experienced a cork to the quad in first quarter against GWS
Availability: Test

Tom De Koning (ankle)
Experienced a rolled ankle in first quarter of the game against GWS

Jack Martin (hamstring)

Hudson O'Keeffe (hamstring)

Sam Docherty (knee)
Has been able to progress to the next stage of his rehabilitation (non-contact, light skills training)
Will continue to work through this phase of his recovery over the coming months

I put a call into Zane Cordy to see if he could lend a hand (knee) in the event Weitering gets up. In all seriousness it sounds like it will be a risk playing him and hopefully we have players making heavy contact with him (legally, of course) in every contest if he does front up.

Happy Days
11-07-2024, 01:52 PM
Weitering is a gun but if he feels the slightest bit of discomfort out there he lets the people at the back of level 3 know about it. He’ll probably go to the rooms at one point but he’ll be fine to play.

PR0408
11-07-2024, 03:54 PM
Weightman a definite starter. Only two Changers I?ve heard. Not sure the other in. Possibly Garcia Poulter or Baker

The Adelaide Connection
11-07-2024, 04:03 PM
Weightman a definite starter. Only two Changers I?ve heard. Not sure the other in. Possibly Garcia Poulter or Baker

Keith?

Axe Man
11-07-2024, 04:27 PM

Weightman for Naughton is fine and our forward line may even function better with one less tall.

A midfielder for JOD is a scary prospect though - that only leaves Buku and Lobb v Curnow and McKay. Plan B consists of Coffield and Williams.

Happy Days
11-07-2024, 04:35 PM
Is JOD even available?

Axe Man
11-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Is JOD even available?

To play? Certainly not - concussion protocols.

To date? Not sure although he should be free on Saturday afternoon.

Grantysghost
11-07-2024, 04:44 PM
I wouldn?t let that guy bother you. I suspect he will be banned soon.

Personally, I enjoy your comments. I actually look forward to them and was disappointed when they stopped for a while. Humorous and highly accurate, only known to be wrong three times, you are better than any Artificial Intelligence I have used.

Not a joke.

How do you reckon we beat the Blues Danjul?

I like hearing your take.

The Adelaide Connection
11-07-2024, 04:52 PM

Check out MJP?s take in the Crisis thread. If nothing else I felt A LOT better after reading it.

GVGjr
11-07-2024, 05:04 PM
Is JOD even available?

No, he will be for the next game though but it comes down to when he and Naughton can do a full session.

bornadog
11-07-2024, 05:17 PM
Keith?
Maybe even Keath

Axe Man
11-07-2024, 05:24 PM
Keith?

Maybe even Keath

Maybe TAC was asking for directions for his drive tomorrow?

I would advise going through Keith as the most direct route to Melbourne.

azabob
11-07-2024, 05:35 PM

Axeman with a couple of zingers today... I warn anyone against bringing up the "contract thread" Axe will own you with his rebuttal.

bornadog
11-07-2024, 05:45 PM
Axeman with a couple of zingers today... I warn anyone against bringing up the "contract thread" Axe will own you with his rebuttal.

What contract thread? :confused:

Axe Man
11-07-2024, 06:01 PM
What contract thread? :confused:

I would steer clear if I was you BAD, it's full of "Keiths", "Gardiners" and "Saunders".

bornadog
11-07-2024, 06:02 PM
I would steer clear if I was you BAD, it's full of "Keiths", "Gardiners" and "Saunders".

any Gardners? :D and is than Nathan?

The Adelaide Connection
11-07-2024, 06:15 PM

This is the way. In fact, I am likely gonna have breakfast at a cafe there called Henry and Rose. Great food, good coffee and 3 hours into the journey. Haha, I 100% had Keith on my mind when I trotted out the wrong spelling.

Next up:
Likely a coffee stop at Farmhouse in Horsham
Coffee and maybe lunch at Flywheel in Beaufort

These served me well on the last trip. That said, I am open to suggestions here! If anyone knows of better coffee in particular, would love some input.

The Adelaide Connection
11-07-2024, 06:23 PM
On a tangent, I have read a few people saying Weightman and Poulter in. Think it may have originated on BF.

kruder
11-07-2024, 06:38 PM
Please play Garcia Bevo!

GVGjr
11-07-2024, 06:39 PM
Please play Garcia Bevo!

Where are you slotting him in Kruder?

bulldogtragic
11-07-2024, 07:23 PM
In: C.Weightman, C.Poulter
Out: J.O'Donnell (concussion), A.Naughton (concussion)

Last week's sub: Joel Freijah

CARLTON

In: C.Marchbank, M.Pittonet
Out: M.McGovern (injured), O.Fantasia (omitted)

Last week's sub: Matt Owies

bulldogtragic
11-07-2024, 07:24 PM
Pittonet & TDK to rip English to pieces.
Curnow to rip Khamis to pieces.

DOG GOD
11-07-2024, 07:40 PM
Curnow to rip Khamis to pieces.

I’m glad you took the words out of my mouth BT and I didn’t write this lol

Vred
11-07-2024, 07:41 PM
Woo boy...

1eyedog
11-07-2024, 07:43 PM
Curnow to rip Khamis to pieces. #coachkiller

bulldogtragic
11-07-2024, 07:44 PM
#coachkiller

What a hill to die on!

westbulldog
11-07-2024, 07:46 PM
Khamis at fullback is "surprising" as is Garcia not getting a game before McNeil and Vandermeer. Curnow is currently $1.80 for the Coleman, get on before his price is odds on :)

merantau
11-07-2024, 07:51 PM
In future our upcoming victory will be known as " The Miracle at Marvel" and people's chests will fill with pride when they tell their children and grandchildren: "I WAS THERE!"

bornadog
11-07-2024, 07:57 PM
#coachkiller

Not much we can do, our injury list is horrendous. Jones, JOD, Gardner, Keath (do you trust him), Naughton, makes it difficult.

Hopefully our mids will come to play

kruder
11-07-2024, 08:01 PM
Where are you slotting him in Kruder?

The same role he was playing before he was dropped for little reason. His kicking inside 50 was a feature during his previous run in the side, has time generally when the umpires don't decide to play pay holding he ball for one week and agree I think he can play mid longer term but I don't think its a case he has to wait in the VFL until a spot arrives.

Any idea of why Poulter was picked? Baker sub one week then dropped the next, now um I've got an idea lets give Poulter a try?

We had some momentum I was really enjoying the season but I'm really scared for Bevo right now I have my fingers crossed and will be supporting hard.

angelopetraglia
11-07-2024, 08:01 PM
Curnow could break Fred Flanning's record this weekend.

Rocket Science
11-07-2024, 08:18 PM
There's a suggestion Curnow's nursing a dodgy ankle he injured during warm-ups so I hope his opponent's been invited to channel the spirit of Steve Kretiuk this week.

Stevo
11-07-2024, 08:29 PM
Keath can't be as ready as we need him to be.

JanLorMill
11-07-2024, 08:30 PM
Not much we can do, our injury list is horrendous. Jones, JOD, Gardner, Keath (do you trust him), Naughton, makes it difficult.

Hopefully our mids will come to play
If the selection panel doesn’t trust Keath then why did we just pay him out at the end of last year?

JanLorMill
11-07-2024, 08:31 PM
Keath can't be as ready as we need him to be.
Why make him emergency then?

JanLorMill
11-07-2024, 08:32 PM
The same role he was playing before he was dropped for little reason. His kicking inside 50 was a feature during his previous run in the side, has time generally when the umpires don't decide to play pay holding he ball for one week and agree I think he can play mid longer term but I don't think its a case he has to wait in the VFL until a spot arrives.

Any idea of why Poulter was picked? Baker sub one week then dropped the next, now um I've got an idea lets give Poulter a try?

We had some momentum I was really enjoying the season but I'm really scared for Bevo right now I have my fingers crossed and will be supporting hard.
Poulter had the winning ticket this week. Garcia can’t afford them

Mantis
11-07-2024, 08:43 PM
The lack of selection integrity and lack of consistency ****ing shits me to tears.

He has so much faith in some, and so little in others.

I know the selection of players on the fringes will make **** all difference to the result this week, but geez it shits me.

#inbevowetrust

Happy Days
11-07-2024, 08:45 PM
Pittonet in the ruck and TDK at full forward is interesting and possibly (hopefully?) a tell.

bornadog
11-07-2024, 09:26 PM
If the selection panel doesn’t trust Keath then why did we just pay him out at the end of last year?

I mean ready after his injury and needs a stint in VFL

Danjul
11-07-2024, 09:26 PM

I am a bit late now the team is out but like many l am concerned about JUH. In my opinion we are not using him well. Yes he is getting a goal or two every game. But why not 5 now and then?

Because nonsense rules. We demanded change a couple of years ago and they gave us the four headed monster. We lapped it up and it was a fake. Encouraged long bombs into a forward line with at least 8 competing for every ball. The opposition saw this and made it 7 competing and one to bring the ball out. Look at the Freo game. Two heads missing and 20+ goals.

One of the games that left both good and bad impressions was 2022 against Melbourne.

Melbourne was second on the ladder and we were just outside it. We selected Josh Bruce who was clearly not ready. A Bevo classic. I took a screenshot of the afl stats page at three quarter time. Bruce: 0 possessions. Dogs about 2 goals behind. Playing pretty well but just not good enough.

But JUH put in a match winning performance. 5 goals 0 behinds. He was not bouncing off teammates and opponents. He was out near the 50 m arc with space, momentum and balance. Out near me.

Put him in his natural environment. Probably won?t work immediately, too much damage done and confidence lost. For that I blame blame everyone except Jamarra. If he could do it years ago why are we preventing it now?

I once saw saw Franklin destroy us, he kicked his goals from similar positions.

Bullies
11-07-2024, 09:33 PM
Does Coffield take Curnow? Makes sense as to why he was surprisingly picked last week after one ordinary game in the 2's. They knew Jones was out long term and Keath wasn't ready. Last man standing.

bornadog
11-07-2024, 09:39 PM
Does Coffield take Curnow? Makes sense as to why he was surprisingly picked last week after one ordinary game in the 2's. They knew Jones was out long term and Keath wasn't ready. Last man standing.

How is he in the air, because Curnow has a great leap

Bullies
11-07-2024, 09:42 PM
How is he in the air, because Curnow has a great leap Need to stop his run which would need support from the other defenders. Maybe Buku is loose man down back and pushes up when we have possession.

Go_Dogs
11-07-2024, 09:43 PM
I?ve heard TDK and Curnow may be under a cloud as potential late outs. Let?s see.

bornadog
11-07-2024, 09:51 PM
I?ve heard TDK and Curnow may be under a cloud as potential late outs. Let?s see.

Yes calf and ankle role

The Adelaide Connection
11-07-2024, 10:47 PM

Yep, I think there is a fair bit of "Ducks and drakes" and there is suspicion on the Carlton boards that one/both will be late outs.

They mention Curnow is 50/50, Pittonet is likely only in the team if it looks like TDK is not 100% or won't play, and this about the emergencies:

"The emergencies are S. Durdin, Motlop & Hewett.

That suggests Weitering will be given until Saturday afternoon..."

I think maybe we are calling their bluff a little. I assume we would have scouts at their training and it sounds like we know that they are not going to playing Curnow, McKay, and TDK in the forward line.

I hope that, if they are injured, they play the lot and it backfires spectacularly. We are due a game where the opposition has 3 short on the bench or whatever.

Grantysghost
11-07-2024, 11:25 PM
I am a bit late now the team is out but like many l am concerned about JUH. In my opinion we are not using him well. Yes he is getting a goal or two every game. But why not 5 now and then?

Because nonsense rules. We demanded change a couple of years ago and they gave us the four headed monster. We lapped it up and it was a fake. Encouraged long bombs into a forward line with at least 8 competing for every ball. The opposition saw this and made it 7 competing and one to bring the ball out. Look at the Freo game. Two heads missing and 20+ goals.

One of the games that left both good and bad impressions was 2022 against Melbourne.

Melbourne was second on the ladder and we were just outside it. We selected Josh Bruce who was clearly not ready. A Bevo classic. I took a screenshot of the afl stats page at three quarter time. Bruce: 0 possessions. Dogs about 2 goals behind. Playing pretty well but just not good enough.

But JUH put in a match winning performance. 5 goals 0 behinds. He was not bouncing off teammates and opponents. He was out near the 50 m arc with space, momentum and balance. Out near me.

Put him in his natural environment. Probably won?t work immediately, too much damage done and confidence lost. For that I blame blame everyone except Jamarra. If he could do it years ago why are we preventing it now?

I once saw saw Franklin destroy us, he kicked his goals from similar positions.

Ah I remember that game well. Marra kicked that great goal from the left hand 50 on the boundary.

Maybe this week with he and Darce he might find more space and have a great game.

azabob
12-07-2024, 09:36 AM
Of course this week Carlton choose to drop Fantasia. He has been beyond useless this year.

Mantis
12-07-2024, 10:57 AM
Of course this week Carlton choose to drop Fantasia. He has been beyond useless this year.

Who would have thought that you demote players who don't pull their weight... hopefully it catches on with us.

Bullies
12-07-2024, 11:07 AM
I had him on our vote card as well.

Rocco Jones
12-07-2024, 11:40 AM
I really like Gags long term but I honestly don't get how he gets a game every week.

Kingbiggs
12-07-2024, 11:51 AM
I like our chances this week. Curnow, weitering and TDK playing injured. Carlton 2-4 playing both TDK and pittonet this season & each week our mids have been smashed they've come out the following week and dominated the opposition. We match up well with carlton & our midfield is better. No one will tip us, but I back us in, need to protect our back 6 and lock in in our 50

bornadog
12-07-2024, 11:51 AM
I really like Gags long term but I honestly don't get how he gets a game every week.

Another one being fast tracked, but yeah, needs a spell at VFL

Kingbiggs
12-07-2024, 11:52 AM
I understand why Keath & busslinger weren't brought in. Garcia not coming in concerns me a little.

Kingbiggs
12-07-2024, 12:34 PM
Judging by Bevo's presser, Keath might be a likely late inclusion

mjp
12-07-2024, 02:21 PM
Judging by Bevo's presser, Keath might be a likely late inclusion

What did he say?

Axe Man
12-07-2024, 02:25 PM
One week at a time: Bulldogs all-in on Blues battle
(https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/1598518/one-week-at-a-time-bulldogs-all-in-on-blues-battle)
Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge says his team is looking no further than Carlton this weekend, when it comes to forecasting their season.

The Bulldogs will host the Blues at Marvel Stadium tomorrow afternoon, looking to rectify last weekend?s performance against the top-two side.

Beveridge said based on Carlton?s team selection he is expecting them to make a late change, while also preparing for tagger Alex Cincotta to be sent to one of the Dogs? in-form on-ballers.

?When you look at both teams in terms of their key backs, we?re both a bit undersized possibly,? he told media on Friday morning.

?Jacob Weitering has been a real brick wall down there for them for a long period of time...but we anticipate that they?ll probably make a change.

?Our history has been that we haven't made any late changes when we haven't sort of postured to do that. I think the way they've picked their emergencies with a midfielder and two small forwards, we sort of anticipate that maybe one of their bigs is coming out, otherwise they are quite tall in their front end.

?We expect (Cincotta) to have a role but we?re not sure what it will be. He?s played various roles, at either end of the ground through that midfield, so we've had some discussion trying to crystal ball some of that.

?We?ll have to have some contingencies there for our players to work with each other and adapt depending on where he goes.?

Beveridge also reiterated the ?one-week-at-a-time? mantra.

?You just can?t look any further forward than the challenge right in front of you. Sometimes what narrows your focus even more...is coming off a performance like last week against Port,? he said.

?(We want to) rectify that and get things back on our terms. In the competition, everyone?s dealing with some adversity here and there, and there?s some things you can control and some things you can?t ? our players know that.

?We?re really looking forward to providing that inspiration for each other, and a much better performance this week than we did the previous.?

The Bulldogs and Blues will go head-to-head from 4.35pm AEST tomorrow afternoon.

azabob
12-07-2024, 02:39 PM
What did he say?

It is literally the first question/comment.

FWIW I had to listen to it twice but I don't think Keath will play and will play VFL. We are worried about his body failing.

angelopetraglia
12-07-2024, 02:58 PM
It is literally the first question/comment.

FWIW I had to listen to it twice but I don't think Keath will play and will play VFL. We are worried about his body failing.

They way I read it. He said that they considered Keath, but they could not risk him. As they thought there may be some chance he won't get through the game. He then said they don't have a history of making late changes.

So either it is a big bluff, or Keath is not playing.

jeemak
12-07-2024, 03:07 PM
Keath is going to play this weekend, but not in the seniors and unlikely to make a late change is what was said.

Hot Dogs
12-07-2024, 03:10 PM
I understand why Keath & busslinger weren't brought in. Garcia not coming in concerns me a little.
Yeah Garcia not being picked again is making me a bit worried that we'll be losing him at the end of the year.

The Adelaide Connection
12-07-2024, 05:29 PM
One week at a time: Bulldogs all-in on Blues battle
(https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/1598518/one-week-at-a-time-bulldogs-all-in-on-blues-battle)
Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge says his team is looking no further than Carlton this weekend, when it comes to forecasting their season.

The Bulldogs will host the Blues at Marvel Stadium tomorrow afternoon, looking to rectify last weekend?s performance against the top-two side.

Beveridge said based on Carlton?s team selection he is expecting them to make a late change, while also preparing for tagger Alex Cincotta to be sent to one of the Dogs? in-form on-ballers.

?When you look at both teams in terms of their key backs, we?re both a bit undersized possibly,? he told media on Friday morning.

?Jacob Weitering has been a real brick wall down there for them for a long period of time...but we anticipate that they?ll probably make a change.

?Our history has been that we haven't made any late changes when we haven't sort of postured to do that. I think the way they've picked their emergencies with a midfielder and two small forwards, we sort of anticipate that maybe one of their bigs is coming out, otherwise they are quite tall in their front end.

?We expect (Cincotta) to have a role but we?re not sure what it will be. He?s played various roles, at either end of the ground through that midfield, so we've had some discussion trying to crystal ball some of that.

?We?ll have to have some contingencies there for our players to work with each other and adapt depending on where he goes.?

Beveridge also reiterated the ?one-week-at-a-time? mantra.

?You just can?t look any further forward than the challenge right in front of you. Sometimes what narrows your focus even more...is coming off a performance like last week against Port,? he said.

?(We want to) rectify that and get things back on our terms. In the competition, everyone?s dealing with some adversity here and there, and there?s some things you can control and some things you can?t ? our players know that.

?We?re really looking forward to providing that inspiration for each other, and a much better performance this week than we did the previous.?

The Bulldogs and Blues will go head-to-head from 4.35pm AEST tomorrow afternoon.

Haha, this is excellent. Bevo just casually insinuating that they are completely full of shit.

I hope he is right. It sounds like it could be a game of chicken with late changes- we don?t want to make one, we don?t believe their lineup, they want us to make one?

Kingbiggs
12-07-2024, 05:37 PM
Haha, this is excellent. Bevo just casually insinuating that they are completely full of shit.

I hope he is right. It sounds like it could be a game of chicken with late changes- we don?t want to make one, we don?t believe their lineup, they want us to make one?

The main point for me is he didn't deny Keath coming in, but it would only be if they don't do a late change for curnow. He's noted they don't have a tall in emergencies which is why it could be likely. I think TDK or curnow misses late. Kinda hope they both play injured.

Axe Man
12-07-2024, 06:06 PM
The main point for me is he didn't deny Keath coming in, but it would only be if they don't do a late change for curnow. He's noted they don't have a tall in emergencies which is why it could be likely. I think TDK or curnow misses late. Kinda hope they both play injured.

Sam Durdin is an emergency - 199cm key defender. Potentially insurance for Weitering who has been under an injury cloud as well?

The Adelaide Connection
12-07-2024, 06:11 PM
Kinda hope they both play injured.

Yep and it backfires- I feel like the footy gods owe us at least a half of footy where the opposition is two or three short.

Grantysghost
12-07-2024, 06:14 PM
What did he say?

He was asked the question.

Swatted it away. We don't make late changes and we need someone to get through the entire game.

But... he was being a bit cheeky about Carlton, saying he believes they will leave out a tall. So maybe he's playing funny buggers.

PR0408
12-07-2024, 07:25 PM
Hearing Weitering & Curnow will both be late outs

Grantysghost
12-07-2024, 07:34 PM
Hearing Weitering & Curnow will both be late outs

Bullies
12-07-2024, 07:36 PM
Hearing Weitering & Curnow will both be late outs That's fair then with both sides losing their book ends.