PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 14, 2024 vs Fremantle

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
14-06-2024, 09:04 PM
The moment; the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's game against Fremantle.
Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

Was it a collection of moments or perhaps one you felt had greater significance outside of the actual game's result?.. Or maybe it was a downright gobshite game, with little to crow about...but you know, you're still down to get your post count up as you set your gaze towards your next 60,000 posts.............;):D BAD.... who love's ya baby...

westbulldog
15-06-2024, 05:32 PM
Bontempelli beating three defenders and goaling.

westdog54
15-06-2024, 05:48 PM

Yep. Was sitting on that pocket, even the Freo fans were shaking their heads in disbelief.

Bont doing Bont things.

Happy Days
15-06-2024, 05:50 PM
Yep there’s no other answer. Maybe Treacy missing his foot on a set shot from 10m out for the second time.

westdog54
15-06-2024, 06:02 PM
Yep there’s no other answer. Maybe Treacy missing his foot on a set shot from 10m out for the second time.

Funny story: I was with my kids at the game and my 12yo had this weird, distracting chant that he came with during a backyard game ages ago. He yelled it out before each of Treacy's set shots and he was rolling with laughter when it actually worked.

Happy Days
15-06-2024, 06:16 PM
Funny story: I was with my kids at the game and my 12yo had this weird, distracting chant that he came with during a backyard game ages ago. He yelled it out before each of Treacy's set shots and he was rolling with laughter when it actually worked.

Was he the 2-4-6-8 you can’t kick straight kid?

macca
15-06-2024, 06:19 PM
When English missed the mark , birded the ball and it ended up witb a fortuitous goal . Footy gods were on our side today.

SquirrelGrip
15-06-2024, 07:06 PM
Bont’s goal beating 3 was so brilliant and inspirational, it may well be The Moment of the year.

westdog54
15-06-2024, 07:07 PM
Was he the 2-4-6-8 you can’t kick straight kid?

Nothing that witty, just random gibberish. That's pretty damn funny though.

bornadog
15-06-2024, 08:38 PM
Weightman getting the first goal and Ed the second - from them on I thought we would win

Testekill
15-06-2024, 09:21 PM
Richards with his underground handball that resulted in West's second goal. It just felt like it was going to be our day after that.

hujsh
15-06-2024, 09:33 PM
One moment that was kind of slept on (maybe not in the gameday thread IDK I'm not reading all that) was Bont getting a handball receive below his ankles, picking up the half volley on his toes in the centre square and hitting a target inside 50 for an easy look at goal.

It's kind of his own fault for making it look so easy and pulling off an amazing kick after but the first part was kind of almost just as good IMO IMO. Oh and for also maybe kicking goal of the year. Pretty good sign when Bont is doing that stuff

chef
15-06-2024, 09:33 PM
I don't think there was a real 'moment' this week but my highlight moment was either Bonts goal or Richards unstoppable pass to Lobb.

whythelongface
15-06-2024, 09:45 PM
Plenty of moments today. Obviously Bont’s 3 on 1 goal. There was also a 3 on 1 that Treloar won in the middle which was pretty special but the moment for mine was the scramble in the first quarter that led to a West goal from a Bont handball off his knees. Really gave us momentum heading into the 2nd.

macca
15-06-2024, 11:40 PM
the Bramble goal was pretty good. I though it marked a moment in his career that he can execute at the AFL stage. Well done young man.

SquirrelGrip
15-06-2024, 11:48 PM
That tap from Bont out to Ed in the centre then Ed’s 50m bullet pass to Lobb was exquisite. I gave a standing ovation to that.

GVGjr
15-06-2024, 11:58 PM
To me it was the Treloar goal just before half time. Just gave us the buffer we needed.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
16-06-2024, 01:11 AM
I've only just finished watching the game, my kids' Saturday sports commitments; football in the morning and netball in the afternoon during the Doggies game. I will hopefully get time to post more tomorrow.

I forget all the pieces in the play, but it was on the back of Freo getting a hint of a comeback, and looking likely to get a scoring opportunity and Bramble shut it down, and then set up the play from the turnover he created which ended as a goal ( I can't remember who scored it) and it just drained what was left out of Freo's fight. Think it was when they had got the margin back to 5 goals??

JanLorMill
16-06-2024, 10:04 AM
The first 2 goals to the 2 inclusions this week. Weightman and Richards mean a lot to the side.

ledge
16-06-2024, 11:56 AM
The first 2 goals to the 2 inclusions this week. Weightman and Richards mean a lot to the side.

Richards is under rated by some, he is the speed we need in the middle and he is also an attacking mid.

Mofra
16-06-2024, 12:03 PM
To be fair that was poor coaching by Freo.

They only put 2 AA defenders (including their captain) and another player on the Bont. Shocking way to let Marcus run free like that

Go_Dogs
16-06-2024, 01:49 PM
To be fair that was poor coaching by Freo.

They only put 2 AA defenders (including their captain) and another player on the Bont. Shocking way to let Marcus run free like that

With the fourth coming in from the front as he snapped it!

How he managed to keep his feet following the ball with that group sweating on him was amazing.

D Mitchell
16-06-2024, 03:08 PM
Half time, our 4 year old grandson got to high-five both woofers and a close up on the Screen. Inspired the team.