PDA

View Full Version : The Monday Soapbox - R14

GVGjr
17-06-2024, 08:15 AM
Time to vent

Collingwoods come back against North to snatch a win after conceding such a big lead wrecked what might have been an otherwise nice Sunday.

bornadog
17-06-2024, 08:37 AM
Fans not showing up to watch us play Freo.

Mofra
17-06-2024, 09:41 AM
Umpiring in that North v Collingwood game was terrible.

I think fans will start to hate Nick Daicos given just how protected he is. The Garcia "non" tackle was just the start.

Sedat
17-06-2024, 09:56 AM
Umpiring in that North v Collingwood game was terrible.

I think fans will start to hate Nick Daicos given just how protected he is. The Garcia "non" tackle was just the start.
I've been one of the earliest adopters with this - to me it was obvious halfway through his first season. It's not just the protection he is receiving but he is initiating contact, over-exaggerating contact, flopping like a dead fish - he does it all, he's a true method actor in the Christian Bale mould.

In addition to the above, I reckon the idiotic antics of his old man in the crowd are contributing to this as well. Shame because he is probably the most underrated champion of the game in my lifetime, but he has been carrying on like a bell-end ever since Nick debuted in 2022.

Filth supporters can't even tell the difference between James O'Donnell and Sam Darcy, so I don't expect them to be self-aware enough to recognise they hated Selwood's flopping as early as 2007 and are ignoring exactly the same thing happening in real time with Daicos.

Grantysghost
17-06-2024, 10:00 AM
I've been one of the earliest adopters with this - to me it was obvious halfway through his first season. It's not just the protection he is receiving but he is initiating contact, over-exaggerating contact, flopping like a dead fish - he does it all, he's a true method actor in the Meryl Streep mould.

In addition to the above, I reckon the idiotic antics of his old man in the crowd are contributing to this as well. Shame because he is probably the most underrated champion of the game in my lifetime, but he has been carrying on like a bell-end ever since Nick debuted in 2022.

Is this a Macedonian thing Sedat?

https://i.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExN2kzeHgxaGY1dGdicDlqNTR0YmJjcmQ5eGl1NHU1a zJ0bnVmajA3YiZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfYnlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/Adqe9XUP3x9LO/giphy.gif

westdog54
17-06-2024, 10:01 AM
The Stand rule is supposed to run both ways.

When the bloke on the mark has to plant his feet but the bloke with the ball can do half a dozen shuffle steps until he's 5 metres in field without being called to play on, it becomes a problem.

Sedat
17-06-2024, 10:04 AM
Is this a Macedonian thing Sedat?

https://i.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExN2kzeHgxaGY1dGdicDlqNTR0YmJjcmQ5eGl1NHU1a zJ0bnVmajA3YiZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfYnlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/Adqe9XUP3x9LO/giphy.gif
I'm all good with my northern neighbours - they are my fellow northers suburban wogs with the same family lived experiences. And imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ;)