PDA

View Full Version : Brother of AFL player pitch invading during Collingwood-North Melbourne game

GVGjr
17-06-2024, 04:16 PM
Brother of AFL player pitch invading during Collingwood-North Melbourne game (https://www.zerohanger.com/footage-captures-brother-of-afl-player-pitch-invading-during-collingwood-north-melbourne-game-151986/)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GQOqGbAa4AAIQab?format=jpg&name=small

The AFL is said to be aware of a patron pitch invading during Sunday's game at Marvel Stadium between North Melbourne and Collingwood, with the patron in question said to be the brother of an AFL player.

The incident is the latest of its kind this year after a fan stormed the field in Round 2 when the Crows hosted Geelong at Adelaide Oval, with a 22-year-old man handed a life ban from attending AFL and AFLW matches at any venue.

"Running onto the ground during a match is not only senseless but it is unsafe and unlawful," AFL general counsel Stephen Meade said in a league statement in April.

"If you choose to do it, then you will not only be given a significant fine but you will have deal with local authorities and ultimately lose the privilege of attending AFL matches."

The league looks set to deal with another pitch invader this week as footage of a man running onto Marvel Stadium during the fourth quarter of Sunday's game has surfaced.

According to 9 News reporter Tom Morris, the man in question is the brother of second-year Western Bulldogs forward Charlie Clarke and is said to be close friends with Collingwood defender Brayden Maynard, who was celebrating his 200th game against the Kangaroos.

The pitch invader was pictured with his brother and Maynard following the game.

The AFL is yet to comment on the matter.

The invader who stormed Adelaide Oval earlier this year was facing a maximum fine of $5000 for breaching South Australia's Recreation Grounds Regulations and was due to appear in Adelaide Magistrates Court this week.

Two more pitch invaders ended up in the hands of MCG security during this year's Easter Monday game between Geelong and Hawthorn in April

The pair of invaders took to the field during the game's weather-impacted extended three-quarter time break as both sets of players and officials were off the ground.

Countrydog5
17-06-2024, 04:21 PM
I think he would have felt fairly sheepish once the sauce wore off this morning, but not sure it reflects poorly on Charlie Clarke at all. A little embarrassing maybe but i'd say the news of it will disappear pretty quickly.

Grantysghost
17-06-2024, 04:23 PM
Got the grass stains on his jeans to prove it!

bornadog
17-06-2024, 04:48 PM
Another stupid story by Morris. Who cares if it was Charlie's brother. What is he trying to prove by making a story out of this.

bulldogtragic
17-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Another stupid story by Morris. Who cares if it was Charlie's brother. What is he trying to prove by making a story out of this.

Bait
Click

GVGjr
17-06-2024, 05:08 PM

Agreed, let his brother go through the process and it will all sort itself out. It must be the slow sports news day for Tom if the chief reporter feels he needs to share that as a story.

merantau
17-06-2024, 05:29 PM
Faark! I'm connected to Charlie via 6 Degrees of Separation. Hope this doesn't tell against me when I apply for a spot in a nursing home!

bornadog
17-06-2024, 05:34 PM
Faark! I'm connected to Charlie via 6 Degrees of Separation. Hope this doesn't tell against me when I apply for a spot in a nursing home!

My Butcher's son knows Charlie and I met the son at the footy- I am in trouble now FARK :D

mjp
17-06-2024, 05:55 PM
Agreed, let his brother go through the process and it will all sort itself out. It must be the slow sports news day for Tom if the chief reporter feels he needs to share that as a story.

It's like, really NOT a slow news day in the sports world though. This is just random.

ledge
17-06-2024, 06:43 PM
So does the opposite work .. I mean I have chatted to the Bont a few times, can that make a story if I do something good ?

GVGjr
17-06-2024, 06:50 PM
It's like, really NOT a slow news day in the sports world though. This is just random.
While there is a heap of good sporting stories at the moment and Tom's primary focus is footy I would have thought the subject of ground invasions might be something to alert people about highlighting the severity of the sanctions.

Go_Dogs
17-06-2024, 06:54 PM
They’re always going to report of people who run into the field. This one has a bit more interest in it because of the connections. It was always going to get a run. Play on (except if you’re Clarke’s brother, then don’t play on the field or attend a game again).

ledge
17-06-2024, 07:34 PM
While there is a heap of good sporting stories at the moment and Tom's primary focus is footy I would have thought the subject of ground invasions might be something to alert people about highlighting the severity of the sanctions.

Nooo don’t alert people to the severity of it just find out who they are related to or friends of and make that the story.

Scorlibo
18-06-2024, 10:17 AM
HOW is the headline not "Maynard's close mate caught pitch invading during 200th game"? That is the relevant connection.

1eyedog
18-06-2024, 11:10 AM
Seriously though what a tosser.

Happy Days
18-06-2024, 12:10 PM
How do they actually enforce these bans? Feel like it would be incredibly easy to get around if you don’t have, for instance, a considerable number of face tattoos.

bornadog
18-06-2024, 01:17 PM
How do they actually enforce these bans? Feel like it would be incredibly easy to get around if you don’t have, for instance, a considerable number of face tattoos.

https://ia.acs.org.au/article/2023/aussie-stadiums-are-using-facial-recognition-on-fans.html

Happy Days
18-06-2024, 02:12 PM
https://ia.acs.org.au/article/2023/aussie-stadiums-are-using-facial-recognition-on-fans.html

Damn. Blade Runner really was a documentary.

jeemak
18-06-2024, 02:18 PM
I can understand using the technology for sports that attract ethnics and minorities, but it's surely un-Australian at Aussie Rules games!

bornadog
18-06-2024, 02:35 PM
Run on the ground and it is a life ban - how ridiculous is that

GVGjr
18-06-2024, 04:32 PM
Run on the ground and it is a life ban - how ridiculous is that

It's strange that people still don't grasp the enormity of the action..

bornadog
18-06-2024, 05:47 PM

What happened to the fine $$$ system. Use to be a huge fine like $5000 plus

Grantysghost
18-06-2024, 06:01 PM

Have you guys seen the shenanigans at the Euros? Lots of smart (insert noun of choice here) getting through security. One of them dressed as a mascot!

Luckily no one determined to cause mayhem. If you think back to the Paris attacks they went the Parc De Princes where France was playing along with the Bataclan theatre.

Euro 2024: UEFA bans 3 as fake mascot gets on Munich field - ESPN (https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/40371089/euro-2024-uefa-bans-3-fake-mascot-gets-munich-field)

Go_Dogs
19-06-2024, 07:07 PM

Pretty clear. Pretty moronic to do it.

GVGjr
19-06-2024, 07:58 PM
Pretty clear. Pretty moronic to do it.

I probably should have mentioned this in the Doggy-Bag Takeaway but Treloar ran over to Charlie Clarke before the beep test running drill gave him a bear hug and was chatting to him right through that little drill. Perhaps, and I'm just assuming, Clarke needed a bit of extra encouragement after last weekend with his brother.