PDA

View Full Version : Looks like a goal kicking accuracy has seriously improved

Dry Rot
21-06-2024, 05:22 PM
Straight shooters: Every club's set shot accuracy revealed

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1154294/straight-shooters-every-clubs-set-shot-accuracy-revealed

We are the fourth most accurate team this year!

Dry Rot
21-06-2024, 05:24 PM
Thread title should read

Looks like our goal kicking accuracy has seriously improved

Uninformed
21-06-2024, 05:48 PM
Hard to believe. But good news.

Bulldog Joe
21-06-2024, 06:51 PM
Is that a tick for Brad Johnson.

EasternWest
21-06-2024, 08:00 PM
Is that a tick for Brad Johnson.

We know who really deserves the kudos....

jazzadogs
21-06-2024, 08:16 PM
It's surprising (although when thinking about it, not really!) that we have actually kicked the most set shot goals of any team for the season.

Our game plan is so much more focussed on marks and goals inside 50 than other clubs, and we seem to rely more heavily on this as an avenue vs goals from play.

bornadog
21-06-2024, 11:59 PM
We have kicked the most goals

jeemak
22-06-2024, 12:37 AM
We know who really deserves the kudos....

That's why he's not posting much, too busy working double shifts in the care industry, and then getting in Johnno's ear in his spare time.

jeemak
22-06-2024, 12:41 AM
It's surprising (although when thinking about it, not really!) that we have actually kicked the most set shot goals of any team for the season.

Our game plan is so much more focussed on marks and goals inside 50 than other clubs, and we seem to rely more heavily on this as an avenue vs goals from play.

Our scoring and watchability has gone through the roof this year. While we are a bit feeble one on one in defence our ability to create scores is crazy good. It seems versus last year we're not going near side to create contests as much and the volume of opportunities is going through the roof.

Enabling that seems to be a more frugal team defence on the break. The effort seems way up, but possibly our coaching changes have helped shift the dial a bit in this area.

At this point I feel if we're not going to win a game it's because things like the first Fremantle game or the Brisbane game happen. We get nailed in the disputed ball/ contest and expose our tall defenders - where it used to be that plus an inability to defend the ground.

EasternWest
22-06-2024, 12:53 AM
That's why he's not posting much, too busy working double shifts in the care industry, and then getting in Johnno's ear in his spare time.

Hm. I was gonna Setka this thread but you've actually checkmated me.

Grantysghost
22-06-2024, 01:08 AM
cFmeU

jeemak
22-06-2024, 01:46 AM

That actually sounded a bit filthy to me when I read it in my head.

EasternWest
22-06-2024, 10:18 AM
That actually sounded a bit filthy to me when I read it in my head.

I'm renowned for my powers of seduction

BornInDroopSt'54
26-06-2024, 10:09 PM
We are scoring more freely, West snapping well, Weghtman an elite goal kicker, Sam Darcy and Lobb are accurate and have a well oiled routine...

jazzadogs
26-06-2024, 10:42 PM
Johnno was just on Front Bar and talked a bit about his role. He said he had been building a goalkicking program for a few years, and this has been his first chance to implement the program. It takes lessons from his playing days (he said the blindfolds were an initiative from Rob Kerr when he was playing), his time at the AFL academy and trips to US sports teams.

bornadog
27-06-2024, 12:08 AM
Johnno was just on Front Bar and talked a bit about his role. He said he had been building a goalkicking program for a few years, and this has been his first chance to implement the program. It takes lessons from his playing days (he said the blindfolds were an initiative from Rob Kerr when he was playing), his time at the AFL academy and trips to US sports teams.

I enjoyed that segment with Johnno, it was very funny