PDA

View Full Version : Future Trading to go to TWO YEARS OUT

bulldogtragic
27-06-2024, 06:43 PM
Mid week tackle on Foxtel (Sam Landsberger) saying that clubs will be able to future trade picks out to two years.

Will make things very interesting.

Grantysghost
27-06-2024, 08:25 PM
Mid week tackle on Foxtel (Sam Landsberger) saying that clubs will be able to future trade picks out to two years.

Will make things very interesting.
Wow.Thats a recipe for disaster.

Imagine the balls on a recruiting team who are the first to trade out two years of future firsts.

bulldogtragic
27-06-2024, 08:53 PM
Wow.Thats a recipe for disaster.

Imagine the balls on a recruiting team who are the first to trade out two years of future firsts.

Gold Coast have already called us… :D

Joking, the trade is looking not too bad if we can finish top 9.

On your point, I would consider it depending on what they do with FS bidding and points. As in trade next years first into this years and 2026 into 2025. Then if we have trade for future picks, get them for 2026 to cover West & Cooney. With at least West a potential first.

That would give us 3 firsts in 3 years, plus Baz first pick too. So that’s two firsts last year and three four the next three. 6 first rounders in 4 years would be nice to bring in talented kids and perhaps target a Barass or like player. And hope for a decent free agent too.

Could really open things up for us maybe. But for a basket case club, could mortgage their future away.

josie
27-06-2024, 09:02 PM
I?ve got no problem with this with proviso of do so at your peril so no more bailing clubs out who bottom out for a number of years with free first rounders etc. I?m not sure I trust AFL to be rigid though.

jeemak
28-06-2024, 12:05 AM
How to Setka your sport without actually Setka-ing your sport.

The jig's up. The AFL will do anything it possibly can to appease the AFLPA, and rightly so. The emblems and the players deliver the value, everything else doesn't.

More trade flex means more player movement.

EasternWest
28-06-2024, 06:55 PM
How to Setka your sport without actually Setka-ing your sport.

The jig's up. The AFL will do anything it possibly can to appease the AFLPA, and rightly so. The emblems and the players deliver the value, everything else doesn't.

More trade flex means more player movement.

Did someone say....

my plums
01-07-2024, 02:35 PM
Doesn't this just push the price up for future trades? It used to be a first rounder and a player for a gun, now its two first rounders. When this comes in it will be three first rounders. It's inflation.