PDA

View Full Version : Bankers & Anchors: Rnd 17, 2024 vs Port Adelaide

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-07-2024, 09:22 AM
This is the Round 17, 2024 edition of the weekly Bankers and Anchors thread. Once today's game against Port has concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys/aspects of the game that we banked on to do the right thing during the game
The Anchors = 3 guys/aspects of the game that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each player or aspect of the game, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match - I will allow more freedom now as the thread seems to be going down more of the aspects of the game path so you can have 3 for each made up of aspects of the game and individual players.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

westbulldog
06-07-2024, 05:57 PM
Bankers
Lobb, a reasonable game, not the worst.
Treloar, mids beaten but he tried all day.
Virgin airlines for getting revenue for return tickets for some who didn't deserve the flights.

Anchors
Ugle-Hagan, needs a wake up call
English, torched by Sweet early and we never recovered.
Selectors again giving games to those not up to AFL standard and who never will be.

Dry Rot
08-07-2024, 12:06 AM
Bankers

Lobb is showing some good signs down back, even under more attacks than the Ukrainians at Bakhmut.

Unlike his mates, Treloar did not give up.

The smaller defenders did not do badly too badly again under massive attack.

Bankers

I wonder what English thought of his performance against Sweet? Hopefully, as little as I did.

In a perfect world, JUH would get a series talking to and dropped for a few weeks, unfortunately we can't do that now.

I don't think that selecting Buku as a defender is doing him or the team any favours.