PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 17, 2024 vs Port Adelaide

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-07-2024, 09:24 AM
The moment; the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in today's game against Port.
Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

Was it a collection of moments or perhaps one you felt had greater significance outside of the actual game's result?.. Or maybe it was a downright gobshite game, with little to crow about...but you know, you're still down to get your post count up as you set your gaze towards your next 60,000 posts............. BAD.... who love's ya baby...

Happy Days
06-07-2024, 04:55 PM
DBJ kicking that goal. He’s a truly rubbish footballer and if he’s kicking those you don’t win.

JanLorMill
06-07-2024, 04:57 PM
Started on Thursday when we named Khamis and McNeil as replacements for 2 stars.

Mantis
06-07-2024, 05:03 PM
Starting English forward.

What a weak as piss move it was.

westbulldog
06-07-2024, 05:45 PM
A few minutes in when Vandermeer decided to handball (which failed) instead of kicking the first goal of the game from 20m out.

Grantysghost
06-07-2024, 06:30 PM

Yes agree. What a statement.

1eyedog
06-07-2024, 06:37 PM
I dunno, a couple.of weeks ago when Bevo decided not to continue a midfield rotation consisting of Lobb, West, Richards and even Garcia. We really need a point of difference.

Grantysghost
06-07-2024, 06:38 PM
I dunno, a couple.of weeks ago when Bevo decided not to continue a midfield rotation consisting of Lobb, West, Richards and even Garcia. We really need a point of difference.

The Garcia stuff is baffling. Absolutely baffling.

bulldogtragic
06-07-2024, 06:48 PM

Great call. The last quarter against Collingwood was a breathe of fresh air and kids showing us the future. Then as soon as we could go back to same old set up which wasn’t working, we’ve gone back to it. Bevo had a shocker and is having a shocker.

bornadog
06-07-2024, 06:56 PM
A few minutes in when Vandermeer decided to handball (which failed) instead of kicking the first goal of the game from 20m out.

This for me too

Jeanette54
07-07-2024, 05:45 PM
Any or all of the first quarter goal opportunities missed. Seems to me that the air just went out of the game.

Bulldog Joe
07-07-2024, 09:04 PM

That was like an admission of defeat.

We have persisted with English for an eternity but he comes up against the player we could have been selecting and we simply decide to protect him from that ex team mate.

It really said WE DO NOT BELIEVE and we proceeded to play without belief.

jeemak
07-07-2024, 09:43 PM

The Garcia stuff is baffling. Absolutely baffling.

Great call. The last quarter against Collingwood was a breathe of fresh air and kids showing us the future. Then as soon as we could go back to same old set up which wasn?t working, we?ve gone back to it. Bevo had a shocker and is having a shocker.

How did the change in tack or reversion go against the Fremantle midfield that monstered us first time around?

I've been after more diversity in the midfield rotations for a couple of years, and enjoyed the recent changes prior to the reversion, but at some point whoever you choose needs to show up like they've shown they can (in Saturday's case over a long period of time).

It's possible that keeping the regulars on their toes with more frequent changes to the mix is a good thing, something I think will be easier to do when Libba's retired given he can't play multiple positions.

kruder
07-07-2024, 10:55 PM
When the team sheet was announced, the players looked at the backline and like me had negative thoughts going in. We lost that game before it began.

G-Mo77
07-07-2024, 11:06 PM
Just the general vibe in the first 8 - 10 minutes or so, I knew it wasn't going to be a good day.

Those 2 goals missed by set shots in the first also set a pretty big stinky tone.