PDA

View Full Version : Luke Beveridge Press Conferences

jeemak
07-07-2024, 10:09 PM
I've wondered how many of us watch the mandatory post game, mid-week and post-selection/ pre game press conferences.

I've always found them pretty informative, and thought they answer a lot of the rudimentary questions we have about different areas of our game. Usually I take the time to watch all of them.

What do others do, and why?

Note - the rather not say option is there because I think everyone should get to participate in polls even if they can't choose one of four reasonable options.

bornadog
07-07-2024, 10:23 PM
I listen to the weekly pregame presser through Twitter spaces to see if there will be any changes to the team and how the injured players are doing.

jeemak
07-07-2024, 10:28 PM
I listen to the weekly pregame presser through Twitter spaces to see if there will be any changes to the team and how the injured players are doing.

Not via the WB website or app?

lemmon
07-07-2024, 10:49 PM
I think they're terrific - particularly the post-match pressers. I feel like Bevo's been a lot more objective and less emotional this year and gives pretty honest appraisals about where things have broken down. He's one of the better coaches at giving genuine, considered answers about the tactical side of the game and doesn't just roll out platitudes.

They've been part of my staying in 'Camp Bevo' because he clearly sees where the issues are and articulates what improvement looks like, plus the players still seem to be on-side. It's a results business though and he's going to need the worm to turn.

soupman
07-07-2024, 10:52 PM
Don't watch, unless a specific clip gets highlighted by someone I respect on here or on twitter.

Do tend to read the synopsis that gets posted here or twitter though. And definitely enjoy reading the takes about it on those two platforms as well.

So I kind of watch them indirectly I guess?

Hotdog60
07-07-2024, 11:08 PM
I watch all I can but that's more because I'm starved of Doggies information so I'll grab any snippet I can.

bornadog
07-07-2024, 11:09 PM
Not via the WB website or app?

Twitter Spaces is live. If I miss it, then I go to the Web.

jeemak
07-07-2024, 11:14 PM
Twitter Spaces is live. If I miss it, then I go to the Web.

So you support misogynism through football?

We need to cancel BAD.

:)

bornadog
07-07-2024, 11:20 PM
So you support misogynism through football?

We need to cancel BAD.

:)

Not sure what this means

mjp
07-07-2024, 11:38 PM
When the club emails me stuff, I watch through the link...but I don't really seek it out.

Eastdog
07-07-2024, 11:38 PM
I have over the last number of weeks tuned in for the post match press conferences.

You do get a lot out of what Bevo says.

jeemak
07-07-2024, 11:55 PM
Not sure what this means

Just teasing you in a polarising world about your Twitter dependencies.

It's pretty obvious mate....... :)

jeemak
07-07-2024, 11:56 PM
When the club emails me stuff, I watch through the link...but I don't really seek it out.

This disgusts me. :)

Grantysghost
08-07-2024, 12:04 AM
I watch after the games more often than not.

Sometimes the one before the games at training but only if I get reminded or not distracted by work.

I find them to be pretty good of late the post match ones.

jeemak
08-07-2024, 12:05 AM
I have over the last number of weeks tuned in for the post match press conferences.

You do get a lot out of what Bevo says.

I cannot believe you haven't been watching them all the time Eastie. I'm so upset.

Eastdog
08-07-2024, 12:07 AM
I cannot believe you haven't been watching them all the time Eastie. I'm so upset.

It's never too late I am now :D

Rocket Science
08-07-2024, 12:29 AM
If you pick through the meandering word salads there's occasional insights but jeez they can be gruelling to follow.

A decade later I think he still battles with playing a straight bat while wearing his heart on his sleeve.

jeemak
08-07-2024, 12:58 AM
If you pick through the meandering word salads there's occasional insights but jeez they can be gruelling to follow.

A decade later I think he still battles with playing a straight bat while wearing his heart on his sleeve.

With the greatest respect RS you're borderline serial killer intelligent so anything anyone says to you is psychobabble.

Rocket Science
08-07-2024, 04:56 PM
With the greatest respect RS you're borderline serial killer intelligent so anything anyone says to you is psychobabble.

So what's it to be, the lotion or the hose?

Access to the coach is ace but the dynamic in post-game pressers is generally tense and weird and that's before before Bevo goes on his verbal strolls trying to give you something while giving you nothing.

I wonder if rolling out captains alongside the coaches would diffuse things a bit while adding a little more value to the exercise.

bornadog
08-07-2024, 04:59 PM
So what's it to be, the lotion or the hose?

Access to the coach is ace but the dynamic in post-game pressers is generally tense and weird and that's before before Bevo goes on his verbal strolls trying to give you something while giving you nothing.

I wonder if rolling out captains alongside the coaches would diffuse things a bit while adding a little more value to the exercise.

Aren't all press conferences the same with every club

Rocket Science
08-07-2024, 06:22 PM
Aren't all press conferences the same with every club

Yes and that's kinda my point.