PDA

View Full Version : Junior Member Clinic 2024

G-Mo77
08-07-2024, 06:55 PM
We were lucky enough to get down to WO today for a Junior Member Clinic which was supposed to happen last school holidays but unfortunately it was rained out. I'm not sure if this is a regular thing, if it is I missed it but my son was lucky enough to be selected to attend.

I will personally write to the club and thank organisers and players who helped make this day so memorable. Nearly all players were in attendance and every single one of them signed autographs as well as quite a few to help with drills with the kids. I hope the players are reminded on how truly valuable moments like this are for our younger members, they have created an unforgettable moment for not only my son but each and every other kid (and parent) in attendance.

Well done to all involved and I hope some other young Woofer children got to attend as well.

GVGjr
08-07-2024, 07:23 PM
Really pleased to read that. The players seem to love meeting with youngsters and doing some drills with them.
Which players seems to be the most approachable?

G-Mo77
08-07-2024, 07:54 PM
Really pleased to read that. The players seem to love meeting with youngsters and doing some drills with them.
Which players seems to be the most approachable?

It was kids only so didn't really get to hear how they were with them. They sat down at the end of the ground post training and every one that was there signed every kids item so all were approachable. We counted the signatures on my sons jersey and there were 36 all up.

Notable absentees at the signings were Baz, Naughton, Jones, JJ all for obvious reasons although we saw Naughton finishing breakfast early this morning.

GVGjr
09-07-2024, 11:05 AM
I was talking to a couple of the coterie managers who mentioned the big junior training session today. They were rapt to hear that there was some good feedback.
They mentioned it was a lot of work but very enjoyable.

GVGjr
09-07-2024, 08:50 PM
There are some good clips on X about the day.