PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 18, 2024 vs Carlton

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-07-2024, 10:08 PM
The moment; the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in this afternoon's game against Caaarlton.
Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

Was it a collection of moments or perhaps one you felt had greater significance outside of the actual game's result?.. Or maybe it was a downright gobshite game, with little to crow about...but you know, you're still down to get your post count up as you set your gaze towards your next 60,000 posts............. BAD.... who love's ya baby...

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
13-07-2024, 08:34 PM
So many moments in this one.

It would've been the whole passage of play culminating in a great goal b McNeil, but you know, he McNeiled it into the post from point blank range.
So instead I settled on Lobb's great mark deep in defense late, when they were rolling the dice to try and get back in.

josie
13-07-2024, 08:38 PM
Lobb’s goal saving mark late.

Hotdog60
13-07-2024, 08:51 PM
When McNeil hit the post from 10metres out. I knew he would miss the goal. :)

But I'll rewind a little bit to that tackle on the fifty fantastic effort.

macca
13-07-2024, 09:05 PM
7 goals in the second quarter.
Carlton looked shattered with the kick out.

merantau
13-07-2024, 09:06 PM

I was absolutely astonished when he missed that. I really had it marked down as his redemption time. I was so disappointed for him. But let's remember his run down tackle and his slick hand pass which resulted in a goal. He was a contributor and that's what we want from every player.

jDogs
13-07-2024, 09:07 PM
Bailey Dale's goal, summed up how good and aggressive he was all game. He was unreal.

chef
13-07-2024, 09:10 PM
The second quarter. We could have dropped our heads but we cracked in instead.

JanLorMill
13-07-2024, 09:37 PM

First to 100 automatically wins. The winning point

Mantis
13-07-2024, 09:54 PM
Jamarra?s snap goal in the last, it was an important moment and he kicked a crucial goal.

weltschmerz
13-07-2024, 09:56 PM
Weightman taking a specky on TDK was where things started going well for us. He brings so much to the side, I feel like everyone benefits from his energy.

Scorlibo
13-07-2024, 10:55 PM
A subtle moment: about midway through the second quarter Marra was out-bodied and out-marked by Kemp. Darcy arrived late, decked Kemp and gave Marra a serve. Not sure many would have seen it, but was right in front of where I was sitting. My immediate thought was how bold and competitive Darcy is for a young guy, and then how Marra would respond to copping a spray from his more junior teammate.

The response was his best game in Dogs colours.

jeemak
13-07-2024, 11:09 PM
A subtle moment: about midway through the second quarter Marra was out-bodied and out-marked by Kemp. Darcy arrived late, decked Kemp and gave Marra a serve. Not sure many would have seen it, but was right in front of where I was sitting. My immediate thought was how bold and competitive Darcy is for a young guy, and then how Marra would respond to copping a spray from his more junior teammate.

I think they mentioned it on the coverage.

merantau
13-07-2024, 11:32 PM
I thought Lobb's mark at the end was very important.

The Pie Man
13-07-2024, 11:54 PM
Probably not the spirit of the thread, but any idea why advantage wasn’t given to Carlton half way through the last and the ball given back to Cripps who missed the FK from 50?

It was significant / moment-esque

The Adelaide Connection
14-07-2024, 12:32 AM
Probably not the spirit of the thread, but any idea why advantage wasn’t given to Carlton half way through the last and the ball given back to Cripps who missed the FK from 50?

It was significant / moment-esque

My take live was that there was a HTB/incorrect disposal in the advantage play. Thought we were a bit unlucky when it happened live.

Happy Days
14-07-2024, 01:11 AM
When McNeil took an honest to god contested mark in the goalsquare. Forget he missed it (for now) that doesn’t happen when you lose.

jeemak
15-07-2024, 02:01 AM
Fogarty missing the goal after quarter time did us a lot of favours. Another goal under at that point may have been a psychological barrier.

Raels_d
15-07-2024, 09:46 AM

YES - I saw this also. Would love to know what Darcy said but he wasn?t impressed