PDA

View Full Version : Bankers & Anchors: Rnd 18, 2024 vs Carlton

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-07-2024, 10:10 PM
This is the Round 18, 2024 edition of the weekly Bankers and Anchors thread. Once this afternoon's game against Carlton has concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys/aspects of the game that we banked on to do the right thing during the game
The Anchors = 3 guys/aspects of the game that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each player or aspect of the game, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match - I will allow more freedom now as the thread seems to be going down more of the aspects of the game path so you can have 3 for each made up of aspects of the game and individual players.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

1eyedog
13-07-2024, 08:37 PM
The Bankers

Poulter was excellent he really played a great winger's game. He will be hard to drop.

We should just keep Lobb and forget about Barrass I reckon.

Our workrate from contest to contest was sensational. We worked so hard to get the outnumber at every contest, especially in the last, and our intensity at the contest was at a high level all night.

The Anchors

Cripps and Curnow. Everyone knows the AFL want Carlton in the finals but you can't make it that obvious!

Is Tim English the 'Mole'?

I bet Buku is stoked Charlie choked. Could have and should have had 6 or 7.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
13-07-2024, 08:45 PM
Bankers
1. Bailey Dale what a performance, Is it possible for Bailey to go from being dropped at the start of the year to contention for All Australian?

2. Jamarra. Weitering was dominant in the first quarter and a bit, and then Marra really lifted his work rate and effort. 13 score involvements

3. West - loved his finishing, he nailed it when most were not.

Anchors

1. The 0.7 start

2. Sanders lack of kicking for the first half.

3. McNeil ruining what could've been a perfect opportunity to dispel some demons. Instead he got them tattooed on his head