PDA

View Full Version : 3 things learned from Rd 18 vs Carlton 2024

GVGjr
13-07-2024, 12:54 AM
Please list the 3 things you learned from our round 18 encounter vs Carlton.

hujsh
13-07-2024, 08:24 PM
1. We've become predictably unpredictable. Someone last week called we'd beat Carlton after getting smashed like that.
2. Maybe we can win with an even spread. Dale had 31 touches, Macrae 21, no one else had more than 20 but only Gallager had less than 10.
3. West is really becoming a high quality small forward. Has been chugging along all year but this was a real breakout performance

The Bulldogs Bite
13-07-2024, 08:58 PM
1. We can win the flag. We need to get to finals, and we need an injury free side, but we can win it with some good fortune.

2. Lobb can absolutely play back. Outstanding. Happy for him.

3. Gallagher has to go back to the VFL. Just has to.

Happy Days
13-07-2024, 08:59 PM
1. So
2. ****ing
3. Back

GVGjr
13-07-2024, 09:20 PM
1/ All this bullshit about height being so important was shot out of the water today.
If you're good enough you're big enough
2) We can't lower expectations on Marra. I don't expect that elite level performance every week but we have to see it a bit more regularly.
3) West was brilliant, let's see him so a job on Stewart next week.

kickit2Koly
13-07-2024, 09:29 PM
1. We love being the underdog, can’t handle being favourites but seem to save our best for when everything is stacked against us.

2. That has to be the effort Marra and English bring every week. We won’t be a consistent team until they close the gap between there best and worst games.

3. F@ck I love beating Carlton. They might be my most hated team.

merantau
13-07-2024, 11:46 PM
1. English and aggression - was very enjoyable to see.
2. Buku and Lobb were solid.
3. Bramble had a zero errors game.

angelopetraglia
13-07-2024, 11:56 PM
1. If we bring effort, intensity and committment to the contest, we can match it with anyone.

2. Bailey Dale is a bone fide superstart. Bevo gave him the rocket he deserved. Since that moment he has been absolutely incredible. That first half of footy was off the charts.

3. Marra is a seriously good footballer. He got it done today in the air, at ground level and importantly halved so many contests after quarter time that allowed us to lock the ball in our forward line.

macca
14-07-2024, 12:04 AM
1. We love being the underdog, can’t handle being favourites but seem to save our best for when everything is stacked against us.

2. That has to be the effort Marra and English bring every week. We won’t be a consistent team until they close the gap between there best and worst games.

3. F@ck I love beating Carlton. They might be my most hated team.

I had a bunch of obnoxious Carlton supports swearing and belittle some of our players in the first quarter. They shut up after the half time when the game did not go their way. So good beating the brown bag cheats.

bornadog
14-07-2024, 12:09 AM
1. You bring the pressure and effort to a game, you win

2. The bottom six contributed, makes a difference

3. We didn't have to rely on Bont to win - an all round performance gets the job done better

macca
14-07-2024, 12:22 AM
1. Good spread of contributors across the team, takes pressure off the same old players performing brilliance. Still there were some fantastic flashes : Bonts snap, Dale's goal , Cody's Mark, English was solid tonight with his marking . Buku and Lobb really supported each other.
2. Our back half pressure was at a new level tonight. Carlton found it really difficult at the kickouts in the 3rd quarter. This was the first time I saw such discipline from the team.
3. We had good consistent intensity tonight. Even in the first quarter when we could not kick a goal, we kept at it. The pleasing thing was Carlton did not kick 3-4 goal avalanche, caused by our lapses. Bevo mentioned in the presser, that when are getting beaten, our middling efforts is not a big gap when we are under pressure. Maybe sign of maturity with the team ?

HOSE B ROMERO
14-07-2024, 12:19 PM
1. When the team and supporters in the stands bring the intensity and support in a symbiotic relationship it's beautiful thing.
2. Battles against Carlton still bring out the best and worst in me after 50 years.
3. Well done to the lesser lights in Buku, Lachie McNeil, Lachie Bramble, Poults in rising to the occasion and doing their bit in key moments.