PDA

View Full Version : 3 things learned from Rd 20 vs Sydney 2024

GVGjr
27-07-2024, 06:32 PM
Please list the 3 things learned from our game against Geelong.

bulldogtragic
28-07-2024, 06:52 PM
1. This group looks to have turned the corner. Friday night will confirm it.
2. Marra might have arrived
3. The GCS Trade is looking good about now. May it stay this way.

Mofra
28-07-2024, 07:06 PM
1. Marra is the form forward of the competition
2. We've found a really good balance with our mosquito fleet forward
3. The players not in the side tell as big a story as the players who are. Macrae, Sanders, JOD etc,

westdog54
28-07-2024, 07:08 PM
1. Jones hasn't missed a beat.
2. McNeil might yet be a league footballer.
3. We're loosening the lid, one bolt at a time.

HOSE B ROMERO
28-07-2024, 07:10 PM
1. The match committee. They've hung tough and backed players when the easy way would have been to chop and change.
2. Our work rate throughout the team is now elite.
3. Tough away wins against top teams says a lot about character.

The bulldog tragician
28-07-2024, 07:48 PM
1. Lesser lights have repaid the faith. McNeil, Poulter, West all damaging and contributing.
2. I joked today that teams might have to tag Bramble.
3. jones and Lobb together can work, even on the cramped SCG.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
28-07-2024, 08:03 PM
1. I didn't think we were any chance to win all 3 of the Carl,Gee,Sydney series of games. We're still a sneaky for a top 4 if we keep this up.

2. I didn't have Buku and Lobb leading our defensive unit in 3 wins in a row against Carl, Geelong and Sydney. You have to start thinking at this point that Buku looks like he might just well have himself an AFL career. And Rory Lobb's move to defense just might be the best positional change in recent times.

3. Why can't we win next Friday? That's the main thing I learned today.

mighty_west
28-07-2024, 08:23 PM
1. Our best can realistically beat anyone!

2. Things are starting to click, and at the right time of the season and our structure with key position players forward and back is possibly the most potent many of us have ever seen in the Tri-colours, with not having to rely on players punching above their height, past players such as Kretiuk, Croft, Morris etc were great but quite often had to play on taller forwards, that height makes a big difference, i bet Rocket wished he had this many talls in his time with us.

3. Jamarra, wasn't that long ago that some supporters wanted to trade him but he has been great and getting better every year.

GVGjr
28-07-2024, 08:30 PM
1- Questions on the death and quality of our playing list shouldn't be mentioned after a loss. We've got a good enough playing list

2 - It's good to see Bramble winning over our supporters. He's had a good last 6 weeks with us

3 - Ugle-Hagan has had a terrific last 3 weeks against top teams.

bornadog
28-07-2024, 08:46 PM
1. The preseason review and new assistants and structure is working wonders
2. big praise to Daniel Pratt for his work on the backline
3. Ads is stealing Bonts brownlow

merantau
28-07-2024, 08:51 PM
1. Bramble is playing really good football. Was a significant contributor to our win. Our defence is in great shape.
2. Jamarra is playing the best football of his career.
3. Add is in career best form.

BornInDroopSt'54
28-07-2024, 09:07 PM
1. We can shut up an SCG one-eyed crowd, spellbound by our authority on the game.
2. We are the best team in the comp.
3. Bramble is great.

Happy Days
28-07-2024, 09:18 PM
1. It’s not super important or anything but I’ve liked the little things that Poulter’s adding to the side. He’s kinda always there for a get out kick, has been pretty sure footed when he does get it, and is clearly playing to very specific instructions and doing exactly what he’s being asked to.

2. I didn’t learn anything about Bramble because you will all recall that I already knew all this stuff.

3. Jones and Lobb are completely dominant in the air together. Teams are going to start defending them soon.

ledge
28-07-2024, 09:38 PM
1 if it was under 12s you wouldn?t have best players it would read team effort.
2 Bevo has shown Kane Cornes hasnt got a clue.
3 I wonder what Bailey Smith is thinking, Geeling are definitely a side that aren?t what they were and we aren?t the side he thinks we are. We are better!

comrade
28-07-2024, 10:03 PM
1. The LoJo era has started and I love it.
2. We?re not far off absolutely smoking a team by 100
3. Bramble for most improved?

Flamethrower
28-07-2024, 10:16 PM
1. We have one ace in our hand that no other top 8 team has shown - we can beat the best playing our game at our home AND we can beat the best playing their game at their home. Proved it in 2016, proving it again in 2024. Having so many non-Victorian teams in the 8 will not phase us one iota.

2. Bevo has got the balance of the side spot on, and has developed plenty of depth with players like Sanders, Freijah, Macrae, JOD, Gallagher, Baker, Harmes, Keath and JJ ready to take their place should there be an opening.

3. I haven't felt this way about this club since the finals run in 2016.

Dry Rot
28-07-2024, 11:12 PM
1. Bramble can really play

2. We can beat anyone with even effort across the team

3. Strangely Heeney, Warner and Gulden are not Supermen after all

comrade
28-07-2024, 11:27 PM
1. Bramble can really play

2. We can beat anyone with even effort across the team

3. Strangely Heeney, Warner and Gulden are not Supermen after all

Warner is icing, not cake. Pretty happy to see him stink it up today after his bullshit last time.

Bullies
29-07-2024, 09:10 AM
1, Amazing what some confidence can do. Bramble is now settled and looks far more composed. First half of the year he butchered it a bit by rushing his disposal. Now he seems to want to ball in hand.

2. The boys were knackered in the last as they played such a taxing game but the good thing was the damage had been done.

3. The type of game style we play unfortunately means it doesn't suit Caleb Daniel.

Also special mention to Doc. Can see why we want to give him the ball at every opportunity.