PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 20, 2024 vs Sydney

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
28-07-2024, 09:01 AM
The moment; the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in this afternoon's game against Sydney.
Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

Was it a collection of moments or perhaps one you felt had greater significance outside of the actual game's result?.. Or maybe it was a downright gobshite game, with little to crow about...but you know, you're still down to get your post count up as you set your gaze towards your next 60,000 posts............. BAD.... who love's ya baby.

bulldogtragic
28-07-2024, 06:55 PM
Whatever happened after the Port loss. Different side.

Mofra
28-07-2024, 07:02 PM
Duryea around the 20 minute mark of the 2nd quarter. Swans had kicked two goals, he laid a goal-saving tackle which would have put them within 2 goals of us.
We kick the next two and keep that buffer (at a minimum) for the rest of the game.

Marra's fend-off goal was pretty cool as well

westdog54
28-07-2024, 07:05 PM
Marra's fend off goal for me as well. Couldn't see them rallying after that.

Happy Days
28-07-2024, 07:05 PM
Jamarra giving Wicks a Rock Bottom then goaling. Nasty work.

angelopetraglia
28-07-2024, 07:22 PM
First bounce.

We just came with intensity and concerntration. Everytime they had the ball, they were immedately under pressure. Incredible start.

JanLorMill
28-07-2024, 07:22 PM
We were on from the start.

BornInDroopSt'54
28-07-2024, 10:09 PM
The feeling I had last night that seemed intuitive that we would win.
I paid it serious attention.

comrade
28-07-2024, 11:11 PM
Bont's goal in the first.

whythelongface
29-07-2024, 09:36 AM
The moment for me was wrestling back the momentum in the 2nd against the run of play (and the wind). Sydney were on top in the opening 10 to 15 minutes of that quarter but we defended really well. They only managed to get the two goals before we started to get our hands on the ball and use the wings to get the ball up the ground. We actually won the 2nd by a point which really made it difficult for Sydney after that. A great team effort

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
29-07-2024, 09:54 AM
The moment for me was wrestling back the momentum in the 2nd against the run of play (and the wind). Sydney were on top in the opening 10 to 15 minutes of that quarter but we defended really well. They only managed to get the two goals before we started to get our hands on the ball and use the wings to get the ball up the ground. We actually won the 2nd by a point which really made it difficult for Sydney after that. A great team effort

This is mine as well. For all the control Sydney started to regain over the game in the second quarter, the fact that all that hard work yielded them just two goals, which we then erased fairly quickly, must've taken a toll on Sydney's self-belief.

bornadog
29-07-2024, 10:09 AM
Although there were many moments, I thought getting the first two goals in the last and kicking to over 50 points in front, meant there was no way Sydney could catch us.