PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Lachie McNeil playing his 50th game

Grantysghost
01-08-2024, 04:24 PM
Congratulations to one of Woof's favourite players - Lachie McNeil 50 games this week !

https://vafloc02.s3.amazonaws.com/isyn/images/f334/img-4109334-f.jpg

I've dedicated a story to his time with us here, I hope you enjoy. It's definitely not a LLM if that's what you're thinking. All me.

Once upon a time in the bustling world of Australian rules football, there existed a passionate online community known as Woof. Dedicated to the Western Bulldogs,

Woof was a hub of debate, excitement, and fervent discussions about every player, every game, and every potential draft pick. Among the myriad of discussions, there was one name that sparked heated debate and division: Lachie McNeil.

When McNeil was drafted, his arrival was met with a wave of skepticism from many Woof members. The forum was filled with threads and posts questioning his ability, his potential, and whether he was truly the right choice for the team.

The chatter was relentless, and it seemed like everyone had an opinion. But amidst the clamor of doubt and criticism, two voices stood out as unwavering in their support: Grantysghost and MJP.

Grantysghost, a seasoned Woof veteran known for their insightful analysis, saw something special in McNeil. They watched his junior games, scoured through every highlight, and firmly believed in his potential. MJP, a grizzled angry man who despairs at the lack of love given to his beloved WA, had an innate sense for talent and coaching, or so he told us.

They saw McNeil's grit and determination and were convinced that he had the makings of a future star.

As the years passed, McNeil's journey with the Western Bulldogs was far from smooth. He faced injuries, struggled for form, and often found himself in and out of the team. The doubters on Woof were relentless, their criticisms sharper than ever, mainly from posters like BAD and GVGJR... But through it all, Grantysghost and MJP remained steadfast.

They continued to champion McNeil, defending him against every attack and celebrating his small victories as if they were grand achievements. Even carrying his stretcher in a game when an angry mob knocked him down with a placard reading "why didn't Gaggs wear the Treloar 250 games t-shirt?"

Despite the adversity, McNeil's hard work began to pay off. He showed glimpses of brilliance, demonstrating his potential and gradually earning his place in the team. The doubts that once overshadowed him began to dissipate, replaced by admiration for his resilience and talent.

The milestone came sooner than many expected. McNeil was set to play his 50th game for the Western Bulldogs, a testament to his persistence and hard work. The forum, once divided, was now abuzz with discussions about his journey.

The threads were filled with praise, congratulations, and reflection on his growth as a player.

And Grantysghost did proclaim loudly : YEEEEEE OF LITTLE FAITH, YOU CAN ALL GET STUFFED.

----------------> Read on for a glimpse into the future.

One crisp evening, the trio gathered at a quaint, rustic house nestled in the Scottish Highlands, far from the hustle and bustle of their previous lives.

It was a place of serenity, chosen for its profound connection to history and tradition. The centerpiece of their reunion was a bottle of 100-year-old single malt whisky from the famed Caves of Ben Nevis?a legendary spirit that had been kept in pristine condition and was now ready to be enjoyed.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a golden glow over the rolling hills, McNeil, Grantysghost, and MJP settled into a cozy living room. The space was adorned with memorabilia from McNeil?s illustrious career, along with cherished items from their online debates?framed posts, old forum screenshots, and even a few vintage Woof T-shirts.

The mood was light and nostalgic as they uncorked the bottle of whisky. The rich aroma of the single malt filled the room, promising a taste as deep and complex as the friendship they had built over the years. They poured generous drams into crystal glasses, the amber liquid catching the light in a mesmerizing dance.

With the first sip, the whisky?s warmth spread through them, and they began to laugh?deep, hearty laughs that echoed through the room.

But the true delight came when they dug out a stack of old Woof posts.

They had compiled these posts into a neat collection, ranging from the skeptical to the downright dismissive, chronicling the early doubts about McNeil?s career.

As they read through the posts, their laughter grew louder and more infectious. Each negative comment or skeptical remark was met with shared chuckles and playful jabs.

Grantysghost would point out the more outrageous critiques, MJP would recall the exact threads they had debated in, and McNeil himself would shake his head in mock disbelief, his eyes twinkling with amusement.

?Remember this one?? Grantysghost read aloud, ??Lachie McNeil? More like Lachie McNeed-to-go!??
McNeil roared with laughter, ?Oh, I remember that one! I think I sent a thank-you note for the extra motivation.?
MJP chimed in, ?And this gem??He?s got potential, but it?s buried under a mountain of mediocrity.? Classic!?

Their laughter and storytelling continued late into the night. They reminisced about the good and bad times, the debates that had brought them closer, and the journey they had all shared.

Each story was interwoven with heartfelt moments of gratitude and acknowledgment of how their belief in each other had shaped their lives.

As the evening wound down, the bottle of whisky was nearly empty, and the room was filled with a warm, contented silence. The trio raised their glasses for one final toast.

?To friendship,? McNeil said, his voice full of emotion. ?To the unwavering belief that carried us through. And to the journey we?ve shared.?

?To believing in each other when no one else did,? Grantysghost added, lifting their glass high.

?And to laughter,? MJP concluded, ?the best companion on this incredible ride.?

The clinking of glasses was accompanied by smiles and a sense of profound satisfaction. They knew that their story was more than just about football or politics; it was about the bonds forged through shared experiences and the joy of seeing a dream come to fruition.

Axe Man
01-08-2024, 04:32 PM
I love that you have used a photo of his VFL jumper.

Grantysghost
01-08-2024, 04:34 PM
I love that you have used a photo of his VFL jumper.
Haha gold. That's v for victory.

hujsh
01-08-2024, 04:35 PM
Is Lachine a portmanteau of L-Machine?

Grantysghost
01-08-2024, 04:39 PM
That's my pet name for him.

Happy Days
01-08-2024, 05:07 PM
I ain’t reading all that congratulations or sorry it happened to you etc.

But well done Lachie. Who would’ve thought we’d be here? Not me.

bornadog
01-08-2024, 05:16 PM
Good on Lachie for making it to 50 games.

I think he has been pretty good over the past three wins - just has to keep it up, apply the pressure and kick some goals. Has given a few away to Jamarra as well.

Mofra
01-08-2024, 05:23 PM
Gotta respect the guys who were forced to do it the hard way.

Play well, Lachie

chef
01-08-2024, 05:33 PM
Well done Lachine.

GVGjr
01-08-2024, 06:29 PM
He's winning me over after writing him off about 6 weeks ago.
Granty is a role model for staying the course. Kudos Granty.

Grantysghost
01-08-2024, 08:07 PM
He's winning me over after writing him off about 6 weeks ago.
Granty is a role model for staying the course. Kudos Granty.
I wavered in one match day thread. Self narc.
Since then... He's been a beast. He mustve felt a disturbance in the force.

Stevo
01-08-2024, 08:10 PM
I wavered in one match day thread. Self narc.
Since then... He's been a beast. He mustve felt a disturbance in the force.

Nice one Granto :) The ability to self narc is the sign of an honest man. Respect.

The Underdog
09-08-2024, 08:08 PM
Lachie was on this week’s Danny-Boyd podcast and bloody hell what a great bloke. Grounded, well spoken and a great representative of the team. I’m a McNeil guy, but this made me really appreciate what he’s done to get here.

whythelongface
10-08-2024, 12:15 PM
Lachie was on this week’s Danny-Boyd podcast and bloody hell what a great bloke. Grounded, well spoken and a great representative of the team. I’m a McNeil guy, but this made me really appreciate what he’s done to get here.

Thanks for this. Will take a listen.
Great work by Lachie to reach this milestone. His journey is a tale of perseverance. Not the most skilled but certainly a gutsy competitor that gives his all and provides for the greater good of the team.

merantau
10-08-2024, 07:43 PM
Lachie is proving/has proved me wrong..Congratulations on 50 games.

bornadog
10-08-2024, 09:05 PM

Really enjoyed the episode

josie
10-08-2024, 10:06 PM
Lachie has a big heart that’s for sure. RWB fans love a battler that blossoms. Congrats Lachie.

jeemak
10-08-2024, 10:39 PM
We seem to play really good football when he's contributing, but he is also a bed shitter at the same time. It can be both of those things at once, so he just needs to keep working on his game like he appears to be doing.

What I will say is that because of his limited opportunities which come with the role he plays, his **** ups are amplified. A moderate improvement will change perceptions of his value, and I think we've seen what that looks like this year.

He's done well to get to fifty games and if he keeps working his arse off he'll get to one hundred games.

azabob
25-08-2024, 07:35 PM
I propose a nickname change from McSteal to McSelfless.

Hardly sighted all game against the giants and his disposal count backs that up. But my days you look at his possession heat map and you will know why, he seemed to be on the defensive wing all game. I hazard a guess none of the wingers got a tonne of footy.

josie
25-08-2024, 07:37 PM

Hardly sighted all game against the giants and his disposal count backs that up. But my days you look at his possession heat AP and you will know why, he seemed to be on the defensive wing all game. I hazard a guess none of the wingers got a tonne of footy.

I thought he was good today and saved us a bit in backline a few times. Deserves to keep his spot.

comrade
25-08-2024, 08:01 PM

Hardly sighted all game against the giants and his disposal count backs that up. But my days you look at his possession heat map and you will know why, he seemed to be on the defensive wing all game. I hazard a guess none of the wingers got a tonne of footy.

It was his block that gave Ed enough space to thread that last quarter goal. Without it, he gets shut down.

The Underdog
25-08-2024, 08:07 PM
It was his block that gave Ed enough space to thread that last quarter goal. Without it, he gets shut down.

He seems to be that guy quite often.

jeemak
25-08-2024, 08:08 PM

That was extremely clever of him to get Himmelberg under the footy at the right time. He has all the nous, it's just finishing that lets him down.

Happy Days
25-08-2024, 10:29 PM

That is a horrible nickname but a beautiful and astute sentiment.

Happy Days
25-08-2024, 10:29 PM
Is it just me or has he found another 5-10m on his kick?

jeemak
25-08-2024, 10:31 PM

I left it alone because I couldn't articulate it properly.

jeemak
25-08-2024, 10:32 PM

Sorry, I didn't mean to like that post. It's literally one of your blandest.

Happy Days
26-08-2024, 12:23 AM
Sorry, I didn't mean to like that post. It's literally one of your blandest.

Thank you for not rescinding it all the same. What I meant to say is “is McNeil literally prime Nathan Buckley now?”

azabob
26-08-2024, 08:52 AM

I reckon he has.

Since his return to the team he also appears physically stronger and able to hold his ground in marking contests and is not as easily pushed off the ball when it is in a contested situation.

He must have worked bloody hard in the off season.

azabob
26-08-2024, 08:53 AM

Honestly though, since when to footballers have good nicknames?

But yeah, its lame as heck.

Go_Dogs
26-08-2024, 09:41 AM

Spot on. Read the moment beautifully. They’re simple things to do, but if you do them consistently and well, it’s what elevates a good side to a great one.

He certainly spent time in the defensive part of the ground.

He’s doing his job.

Hotdog60
26-08-2024, 06:45 PM
I'm happy with McNeil he appears to bust a gut each week and do the team things.
I still get nervous when he is shooting for goal 10 metres out directly in front though.

comrade
27-08-2024, 10:01 AM
I'm happy with McNeil he appears to bust a gut each week and do the team things.
I still get nervous when he is shooting for goal 10 metres out directly in front though.

He?s just not a finisher. Maybe a trial in the backline is worth shot next year.

bulldogtragic
27-08-2024, 10:42 AM
He?s just not a finisher. Maybe a trial in the backline is worth shot next year.

This is what we need to fix. He has some good traits, VDM is improving too. But generally speaking their finishing is poor. It would be great to improve this from within (Clarke, Arty, Ryp) or draft/trade a finisher in. If JJ & Doc did retire we need a fast runner and a selfless hard at it team player. I think we’ve seen again, throwing the magnets around can be beneficial in bringing out the strengths in some players and eliminating the weaker aspects.