PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 21, 2024 vs Melbourne

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
02-08-2024, 01:05 PM
The moment; the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's game against Melbourne.
Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

Was it a collection of moments or perhaps one you felt had greater significance outside of the actual game's result?.. Or maybe it was a downright gobshite game, with little to crow about...but you know, you're still down to get your post count up as you set your gaze towards your next 60,000 posts............. BAD.... who love's ya baby.

bulldogtragic
02-08-2024, 10:57 PM
Thought the review poster took the spirit out of them.

westdog54
02-08-2024, 11:05 PM
Lobb's torp kick-out, that Poulter got on the end of. The kick for goal had 3 fortunate bounces to go through. It was a sign that nothing was going to go right for them.

Mofra
02-08-2024, 11:14 PM
Towards the end of the second quarter, Melbourne get a chip kick to mark it on our F50.
VDM absolutely sprints and busts his gut to take the mark so Melbourne couldn't play on quickly. It's a tiny thing but it showed the intent of the team to do the tough, little things to make life tough for the opposition.

jazzadogs
02-08-2024, 11:32 PM
Tom McDonald getting picked. Gee he had a shocker. Watching him sook it up to the umpires every time he did something dumb was one of the pure joys of the evening.

ledge
02-08-2024, 11:55 PM
Tom McDonald getting picked. Gee he had a shocker. Watching him sook it up to the umpires every time he did something dumb was one of the pure joys of the evening.

He knew Jamarra had the wood on him and sooked to his team mates it was unfair he had to play on him.

Happy Days
02-08-2024, 11:56 PM

Was truly a Tom McDonald legacy game.

Happy Days
02-08-2024, 11:57 PM
Honestly we kicked their arse the entire night but they didn’t have a chance in hell once May went off.

ledge
03-08-2024, 12:02 AM
We were never going to lose to anyone on Treloars 250

westdog54
03-08-2024, 05:59 AM
Honestly we kicked their arse the entire night but they didn’t have a chance in hell once May went off.

And it was VanderMeer who cannoned into him.

AshMac
03-08-2024, 06:46 AM
Garcias intensity in the 4th - if I pick one moment it was flattening Oliver

hujsh
03-08-2024, 10:09 AM

Would love to know what he was saying to piss him off so much.

Garcia worried me with his kicking last night. Very up and under kind of what people thought Libba kicked like because of his Dad for the first 10 years of his career. But I'll ignore it if he can get guys like Oliver to focus on him instead of the game

Scorlibo
03-08-2024, 10:55 AM

And straight afterwards he has to sit under a lollipop with Oliver bearing down. Sticks a knee up and takes it one handed. Love it.

jazzadogs
03-08-2024, 11:54 AM
Sam Darcy plucking the Jamarra sky ball at the top of his reach was another reminder of what an absolute freak we have on our hands. That is an unbelievably hard thing to do. I can't think of another player in the comp who would even try to do it.

Grantysghost
03-08-2024, 12:40 PM
And straight afterwards he has to sit under a lollipop with Oliver bearing down. Sticks a knee up and takes it one handed. Love it.
Right in front of the members.

I actually felt for Oliver there, he's a champ who is battling atm.

ledge
03-08-2024, 03:13 PM

Oliver hasn’t got the players around him anymore that made his game exceptional.

westdog54
03-08-2024, 04:10 PM
A comical one I was reminded of watching the replay: McDonald giving away the 50 that bright Marra to the goalsquare. Mentally, that was the end of his game. Had May not been injured he would have been subbed half way through the third.

bornadog
03-08-2024, 05:46 PM

He has also stacked on the weight :D

jeemak
05-08-2024, 01:07 AM
McDonald rag dolling Weightman and then losing his mind about being pinged for it, after Weightman used a standard block on a key back.*

I can't think of a time where ripping into Cody has worked out well for the opposition. He's not a cheat, he's not a thug, he's a lovely guy who is skilled enough to make you pay if you touch him, try to **** him, try to muscle him. Don't **** with Cody Weightman even if Happy Days is an art snob.

*The commentary said Weightman was a victim of retaliation for holding off the ball, and that's just wrong. Weightman didn't hold, he is just so strong guys like McDonald can't get passed him unless they break the rules of the game. **** I love Cody, and he will prove all of you wrong and make it.

Happy Days
05-08-2024, 01:13 AM
McDonald rag dolling Weightman and then losing his mind about being pinged for it, after Weightman used a standard block on a key back.

I can't think of a time where ripping into Cody has worked out well for the opposition. He's not a cheat, he's not a thug, he's a lovely guy who is skilled enough to make you pay if you touch him, try to **** him, try to muscle him. Don't **** with Cody Weightman even if Happy Days is an art snob.

McDonald would be such a tough hang. I firmly believe that 80% of the Dees downfall is how uncoppable they must all find it to be around each other all the time.

jeemak
05-08-2024, 01:15 AM
McDonald would be such a tough hang. I firmly believe that 80% of the Dees downfall is how uncoppable they must all find it to be around each other all the time.

GVGjnr needs to install a love emoji, even if his heart is cold.

jeemak
05-08-2024, 01:17 AM

I can't figure out whether the opposite of either old school Dirty Dozen or whichever Oceans is most relevant to the Dees, when it comes to likeability in their recruiting strategy.

Like let's bring the most unlikeable people together and make them win a fake premiership after a Paul Roos episode......mind blowing stuff.

AshMac
05-08-2024, 09:01 AM
He has also stacked on the weight :D

He looked enormous compared to previous years. Still overflowing with natural talent but fitness is a shambles.

We all know why but Melbourne look to have been very poor at dealing with him.

ledge
05-08-2024, 11:35 AM
He looked enormous compared to previous years. Still overflowing with natural talent but fitness is a shambles.

We all know why but Melbourne look to have been very poor at dealing with him.

You can see he was a very chubby kid and has done everything to get his weight down over the years but if you slack off one iota you bang it back on.

The bulldog tragician
05-08-2024, 11:37 AM
I can't figure out whether the opposite of either old school Dirty Dozen or whichever Oceans is most relevant to the Dees, when it comes to likeability in their recruiting strategy.

Like let's bring the most unlikeable people together and make them win a fake premiership after a Paul Roos episode......mind blowing stuff.

On that note I was reading the match report by the usually very droll Melbourne blogger Demonblog but this paragraph made me see red all over again:

We'll always have 25/09/2021, and during the week we got revelations about the teams being in the same nightclub on Grand Final night. I know Perth isn't New York, but there had to be two suitable venues that could hold one team each? Imagine bursting into flames on the biggest stage then having to watch the winning captain joyfully riding on a teammate's shoulders while having ice piffed at you by James Harmes? Sounds like shithouse event planning to me. What do you think was more awkward, Harmes arriving at the Dogs having treated them like peasants, or Hunter and Schache spending their MFC careers constantly being reminded of the dead set rooting they were part of on that enchanted evening?

….. Has anyone seen this detail about the GF aftermath before? It makes me all the more angry that they owned us so many times since then.

Curly5
05-08-2024, 02:02 PM
Losing Petracca and Brayshaw has ruined their structure. Viney is a shadow of his former self; Oliver is, well, fat; Gawn is still good but injured; they look like losing May for a few weeks. They've lost their mojo, good riddance :)

jeemak
05-08-2024, 03:28 PM
On that note I was reading the match report by the usually very droll Melbourne blogger Demonblog but this paragraph made me see red all over again:

We'll always have 25/09/2021, and during the week we got revelations about the teams being in the same nightclub on Grand Final night. I know Perth isn't New York, but there had to be two suitable venues that could hold one team each? Imagine bursting into flames on the biggest stage then having to watch the winning captain joyfully riding on a teammate's shoulders while having ice piffed at you by James Harmes? Sounds like shithouse event planning to me. What do you think was more awkward, Harmes arriving at the Dogs having treated them like peasants, or Hunter and Schache spending their MFC careers constantly being reminded of the dead set rooting they were part of on that enchanted evening?

….. Has anyone seen this detail about the GF aftermath before? It makes me all the more angry that they owned us so many times since then.

Imagine clinging to an asterisk. It makes me happy that none of them got to see it in person, given the way they've behaved since.

At the time there was a story about how the teams almost came to blows as we were ascending a couple of levels to a private area within the nightclub (I think).

Anyway, the above seems like a weird response to a home and away game. It's like we're the ones living in their heads rather than the other way around. Must have something to do with our recent flag being real and everyone knowing theirs was bullshit.

Sedat
05-08-2024, 03:44 PM
We were incredibly wasteful in Q2 and Melbourne somehow got to within 16 points with a couple of minutes to go. They went forward again and Liam Jones made an amazing spoil from nowhere about 20m out to ensure we remained 3ish goals up.

Grantysghost
05-08-2024, 03:55 PM
Imagine clinging to an asterisk. It makes me happy that none of them got to see it in person, given the way they've behaved since.

At the time there was a story about how the teams almost came to blows as we were ascending a couple of levels to a private area within the nightclub (I think).

Anyway, the above seems like a weird response to a home and away game. It's like we're the ones living in their heads rather than the other way around. Must have something to do with our recent flag being real and everyone knowing theirs was bullshit.

Richmond's 2020 was seriously not a flag, Melbourne's is closer to the real thing however us playing the Lions at a full Gabba and Port at a full AO is what tips it into the realms of unreal for me.

Let's all remember the words of their president just to remind us of this fact :
Despite breaking the club’s 57-year premiership drought at Optus Stadium in Perth last September, Roffey said the players won’t feel like a premiership side until they win a grand final at the MCG.

CarnTheScray
05-08-2024, 03:59 PM

Well for one I do not think half of the details peddled by their supporters are true and I treat them as fan fiction.

They were the better team on that day, but everyone and their dog knows it was a compromised year. Sure everyone had to play under the same covid environment, but they were not a 74pt better team. Still a good side though and they stayed in the top 4 outside the covid years, but they deluded themselves into thinking Ben Brown and Mcdonald would carry the forward line with Fritsch like 2021.

Their GF opponent had to travel around the country with no breaks and so we ran out of juice in the second half. Win any of the last three and we finish top 4 and its a different story.

I've gotten over it now but I am constantly surprised and amazed how rent free in their heads we are, when they were the ones who won??