PDA

View Full Version : All The Small Things vs Dees

bulldogtragic
03-08-2024, 08:52 AM
I used to post this each week a few years ago, for acknowledging the really small but big things.

So my shout out is got the same thing, for West & McNeil.

In both cases shepherding McDonald on the line to get a goal. West in the case where there was the review for Bont. Used his strength to keep his opponent out and get in the way of McDonald.

McNeil was great. Poulter from 55. The ball is bouncing towards goal and he out sprints McDonald (started behind him) to get to the goal line and shepherds McDonald out and ball bounces through.

Little things, great results.

And yours?

Grantysghost
03-08-2024, 09:12 AM
Garcia and Vandermeer living rent free in Clayton Oliver's head all night.

We've been calling out for some grit in this side and those two deliver in spades.

There was a time there late I was sure Oliver was going to lose it completely and get suspended.

Pretty sure both of them had their jumpers ripped due to their niggle.

Those two are locks in my side for what they bring outside of general play!

westdog54
03-08-2024, 09:47 AM
The blocking work in the forward line has improved out of sight. Everyone is prepared to put in the work for whoever is in best position. West is exceptionally good at it.

Our newfound forward line cohesion is a massive factor in the improvement we've observed over the past two months.

Testekill
03-08-2024, 09:51 AM
I'm shocked that Garcia didn't suck Oliver into belting him.

Mofra
03-08-2024, 09:55 AM
I'm shocked that Garcia didn't suck Oliver into belting him.
I loved their tussle on our HFF and a minute later Garcia outmarks him. Crowd really seemed to love it too.

I know he's a superstar, but there has to be a stat for ground tap to advantage and Bont has to lead the comp in it. Incredibly good little non-stat moments

dog town
03-08-2024, 10:16 AM
I loved their tussle on our HFF and a minute later Garcia outmarks him. Crowd really seemed to love it too.

I know he's a superstar, but there has to be a stat for ground tap to advantage and Bont has to lead the comp in it. Incredibly good little non-stat moments

Champion data put the stat up after the Carlton game and Bont was miles in front.

Testekill
03-08-2024, 11:56 AM
Champion data put the stat up after the Carlton game and Bont was miles in front.

More than triple second place.

azabob
03-08-2024, 01:45 PM
I love that Bont celebrates all of his goals.

Like he really celebrates them.

Like he has worked his arse off all summer to improve his goal kicking.

bornadog
03-08-2024, 01:57 PM
I love that Bont celebrates all of his goals.

Like he really celebrates them.

Like he has worked his arse off all summer to improve his goal kicking.

Lots of snaps have gone through this year

bulldogtragic
03-08-2024, 02:03 PM
Lots of snaps have gone through this year

When he gets a set shot he should just let the 30 seconds expire, let four blokes run at him, fend off two, out manoeuvre the other two and snap a blinder. I think that’s his best go to move.

Mitcha
03-08-2024, 02:14 PM
Love the way the whole team are getting around each other and celebrating others good work. Not in a wanky Hawthorn way but showing genuine joy for each other's efforts. There was however one exception as I watched closely after Adz kicked his first goal and every player bar one on the ground got to him to show their love. Tim English was within 20 metres of that play and made no effort to join in. I hope I am not reading too much into that but thought it was poor.

ledge
03-08-2024, 02:15 PM
Speaking about small things what about the only elephant left in the room . Our goal kicking accuracy.
It is hidden by the amount we are winning by but it has hurt us in the past, please please get this sorted.

1eyedog
03-08-2024, 02:18 PM
How clean Lobb is for a 6'9 at CHB.

Happy Days
03-08-2024, 03:43 PM
Poulter being given (and crushing) a clearly defined role that doesn’t ask him to do anything he can’t do and is perfectly tailored for him. Great coaching of a clearly coachable player.

azabob
03-08-2024, 04:01 PM
Poulter being given (and crushing) a clearly defined role that doesn’t ask him to do anything he can’t do and is perfectly tailored for him. Great coaching of a clearly coachable player.

What I really like about Poulter is his instinct to always look to go forward in the first instance. Last year it was to his detriment as the game plan did not suit that style.

jeemak
03-08-2024, 04:08 PM
Love the way the whole team are getting around each other and celebrating others good work. Not in a wanky Hawthorn way but showing genuine joy for each other's efforts. There was however one exception as I watched closely after Adz kicked his first goal and every player bar one on the ground got to him to show their love. Tim English was within 20 metres of that play and made no effort to join in. I hope I am not reading too much into that but thought it was poor.

I've actually seen a couple of instances of English not getting around his team mates after a goal, and thought it was weird.

Could be that he's focusing on organising the next contest in the centre. He could be a bit strange as well.

azabob
03-08-2024, 04:15 PM
I've actually seen a couple of instances of English not getting around his team mates after a goal, and thought it was weird.

Could be that he's focusing on organising the next contest in the centre. He could be a bit strange as well.

Gut feel English is gone and he made his mind up four weeks ago.

GVGjr
03-08-2024, 04:45 PM
Poulter being given (and crushing) a clearly defined role that doesn?t ask him to do anything he can?t do and is perfectly tailored for him. Great coaching of a clearly coachable player.

He's making good decisions as well. Very impressed with his performances over the last few weeks.

Uninformed
03-08-2024, 04:46 PM
How clean Lobb is for a 6'9 at CHB.

He is amazingly good with the ground ball for someone of his height. Seems quite quick too.

ledge
03-08-2024, 06:44 PM

A couple of instances , not all players go to the goal kicker every goal , that’s really trying to stretch a rumour.