GVGjr
10-08-2024, 09:32 AM
Please list the 3 things learned from our game against Adelaide

GVGjr
11-08-2024, 06:57 PM
Bump

bulldogtragic
11-08-2024, 07:27 PM
1. Same old team in there. Just when my trust was a long way restored.
2. We need to convince Barrass to come. He won’t.
3. I think we will miss finals when I was flirting with a top 4 finish a few hours ago.

G-Mo77
11-08-2024, 07:35 PM
I've not given up, we've shown we're capable enough but we're still capable of serving up absolutely soul destroying football. I shouldn't get ahead of myself, lesson learned.

The Bulldogs Bite
11-08-2024, 07:45 PM
1. We haven't changed. I had convinced myself we were the real deal. We aren't. We just can't handle expectation and we never can put more than a month of footy together.

2. I knew it already but Khamis isn't weekly AFL standard. JOD has to play.

3. From potential top 4 to potentially missing finals. That's our reality now.

Flamethrower
11-08-2024, 07:54 PM
1. Just can't trust this team.
2. Adelaide Oval is our kryptonite.
3. Hubris is our other kryptonite.

comrade
11-08-2024, 07:54 PM
We haven?t learned anything new today. Same old shit.

Bullies
11-08-2024, 07:55 PM
1. We have too many players who are front runners. They can't stand up when we need them. If it is not the Bont then the rest struggle.

2. It proves we stilll have a long way to go and must get Barrass. The Buku experiment is done.

3. Libber can't play on Adelaide Oval again.

DOG GOD
11-08-2024, 10:22 PM
1. I wasn?t fooled.
2. Libba can?t play out of melb
3. We beat Carlton, Geel, Swans and Melb at their most vulnerable. We aren?t really that great.
4. English is worth 650k. Nothing more

westbulldog
11-08-2024, 11:46 PM
1. Whoever plays on Khamis is a frontrunner for the Coleman Medal.
2. What Vandermeer brings is and always has been a total mystery.
3. Naughton is not earning his big bucks.

jeemak
12-08-2024, 12:46 AM
1. The footy community gets carried away by form lines of different teams in regular season without thinking things can swing easily at any point. We've been up for four in a row before today (how often do we win four in a row?), a slip was probably coming irrespective of the platitudes. I just didn't expect everything to be as shit and typical as it was when it was our turn to slip

2. I thought the gulf between our good handling/ composure days and terrible ones wasn't as big as it used to be. Got a bit of a shock today. Stuff just got harder each time we touched it

3. Bont can panic. Two steps to his right and a drop punt on his opposite gives us a much better chance at a goal than an unnecessarily brash banana dribble on the preferred. Even a quick drop punt on the preferred would have provided a better chance. His head was somewhere else when he did that

The Adelaide Connection
12-08-2024, 02:40 AM
1. You can't be even a little bit off. It's not just the dogs either, all of the top 12 teams have been made to look beyond average in at least one game in the last month.

2. The loss might be my fault. I mentioned in the game day thread that I watched our goalkicking in the warmup and it was on point and looking positive. I said I hoped it would carry over. Sorry everyone.

3. Our supporters are becoming boorish.
Most viewed the Crows as a danger game, given their form, the venue, etc. We were well off our best and got a reality check. Sure.
But we have also beaten Collingwood, Fremantle, Geelong, Carlton, Sydney and Melbourne in the last two months- most of those we chalked up as losses and we have been damn good.
My disappointment is high and I had to sit there and relive that Deja Vu Port game live today- but far out the reactions have been over the top (mostly FB/Twitter but some here too). Everyone needs to chill tf out.

merantau
12-08-2024, 06:03 AM
When we are bad, we are really bad.

Missing straight forward set shots is soul destroying.

Missed tackles are costly

azabob
12-08-2024, 09:10 AM
1. I wasn?t fooled.
2. Libba can?t play out of melb
3. We beat Carlton, Geel, Swans and Melb at their most vulnerable. We aren?t really that great.
4. English is worth 650k. Nothing more

Why were Carlton and Geelong at their most vulnerable?

Mofra
12-08-2024, 09:36 AM
Adelaide oval is our kryptonite since 2021

We need to Tommy Radonicus Tim English before every game so he doesn't get smashed in first quarters again

Johnno has helped but until we get Rocca at the club to sort out our goal kicking we're not a consistent threat. Even playing terribly we match the opposition for shots on goal for most of the game

GVGjr
12-08-2024, 09:59 AM
1 - I should have known better than to trust us at this time of the year.
2 - Unchanged team selections are inherently risky
3 - I'm not sure I'm buying the reasons given for Naughton being subbed out.

bornadog
12-08-2024, 10:19 AM
1. I should have stayed with my gut feeling that we would lose this match - tipping out the door

2. The only solace I take from the lost is Sydney got done by 112 points at Adelaide Oval and bounced back. I know they played Port, but Adelaide have beaten Carlton when they were flying, Port, drew with Lions, GWS at AO.

3. Disappointed top 4 is out

Can Bar
12-08-2024, 10:56 AM
1. We had more scoring shots,
2. Didn't stick tackles? or was expected to hold a tackle for 10 seconds to get a reward. Umps using ears not eyes.
3. maybe a loss we had to have before going on a 6 game winning streak.

Grantysghost
12-08-2024, 11:29 AM
1. I'm still overly emotionally invested in this mob and I blame my mum for the "Traumatisme des sept finales preliminaires"

2. Bevo teams will seriously never place top 4 or handle the pressure of being the hunted.

3. English is trade able.

Dry Rot
12-08-2024, 11:26 PM
I'm not sure I'm buying the reasons given for Naughton being subbed out.

What were the reasons given for Naughton being subbed out?

Dry Rot
12-08-2024, 11:29 PM
Libba is closer to the end than I thought.

I still cannot explain why the difference between our best and our worst is so great.

I still cannot see why we traded in Coffield

Bullies
13-08-2024, 08:49 AM
Libba is closer to the end than I thought.

I still cannot explain why the difference between our best and our worst is so great.

I still cannot see why we traded in Coffield Saints supporters said the same about Coffield. He is not quick, ordinary skills and is neither tall or small. Did we not give him 3 years? We can't afford to have both he and Buku in defence at the same time.

Happy Days
13-08-2024, 09:48 AM
I also said all of this about Coffield btw.

bulldogtragic
13-08-2024, 10:08 AM
Tim O’Brien (& Croz) offered more than Coffield. Sure both came cheap, but you get what you pay for. I was ambivalent about bringing him in, in that maybe he was a good player just destroyed by injury. But on his games this year, I’m thinking we e just tied up a list spot. It’s time/soon time to pump up JOD & Buss & Freijah and move forward.

Grantysghost
13-08-2024, 10:56 AM
Tim O’Brien (& Croz) offered more than Coffield. Sure both came cheap, but you get what you pay for. I was ambivalent about bringing him in, in that maybe he was a good player just destroyed by injury. But on his games this year, I’m thinking we e just tied up a list spot. It’s time/soon time to pump up JOD & Buss & Freijah and move forward.

I always liked O'Brien I thought he was an ok player. No star but could play a role.

Coffield I was happy getting, I still think there's a lot of potential there, however he hasn't shown too much to date. His disposal by foot is really concerning to me under pressure. I'm surprised by it to be honest.

I think the injury probably really interrupted this season. I would like to see him have another big pre-season next year and see how it goes, for now some time in the VFL wouldn't hurt.

GVGjr
13-08-2024, 11:10 AM

The problem over the last couple of weeks for Coffield is that we have gone into the games with 4 taller defenders and he's not been suited for the role he has played. Both he and Khamis probably deserve to be dropped for JOD though.
I'm okay with having Coffield on the list and there is a decent chance he can play some better football for us.

Happy Days
13-08-2024, 11:16 AM
So we’ve reached the Tim O’Brien was underrated part of the season? Maybe we are finished.

AshMac
14-08-2024, 07:54 AM
1. We always put unnecessary pressure on the back end of our season.
2. We still can?t handle a close checking hungry team that gets a good start
3. 39% goal kicking efficiency in the last 5 weeks - our middle and back has carried the team this last month. We needed to forwards to stand up and hold the team this week and they didn?t

bornadog
14-08-2024, 10:22 AM
We needed to forwards to stand up and hold the team this week and they didn't

Do you think because we have a young forward line, that there is no real leadership, and therefore can't organise the forwards on field? Naughton is getting there, but he is still inexperienced and has missed quite a few games this year