PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 22, 2024, vs Adelaide

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
11-08-2024, 02:38 AM
The moment; the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in this afternoon's game against Adelaide.
Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

Was it a collection of moments or perhaps one you felt had greater significance outside of the actual game's result?.. Or maybe it was a downright gobshite game, with little to crow about...but you know, you're still down to get your post count up as you set your gaze towards your next 60,000 posts............. BAD.... who love's ya baby.

merantau
12-08-2024, 06:06 AM
The Bont banana dribble miss was a "coodabeen moment ". We had a bit of momentum at that point. It would have been a real team lifter.

1eyedog
12-08-2024, 06:39 AM
The Bont banana dribble miss was a "coodabeen moment ". We had a bit of momentum at that point. It would have been a real team lifter.

We were 6-7 goals down at that stage. Mine is Bevo sending Buku to Fogs. 5 goals happened in 3 quarters.

Bumper Bulldogs
12-08-2024, 07:49 AM
The first 5 minutes they just looked off. Never really got going. Absolutely smashed to the centre and we just treaded water after that.

jazzadogs
12-08-2024, 08:42 AM
Lachie McNeill's 50m left foot perfectly placed best kick of his life was probably the best Bulldog moment of the night.

bornadog
12-08-2024, 10:38 AM
The first 5 minutes they just looked off. Never really got going. Absolutely smashed to the centre and we just treaded water after that.

Agree. When they ran the ball out of the centre in the first minute, I thought we are done.

Critter
19-08-2024, 05:50 PM
For me, the moment happened at half time.

There were many instances in the first half when we allowed North too much latitude when in transition. We left the centre corridor available to them by failing to put sufficient pressure on the ball carrier and the downfield lead. Too often, North had quick and clear passage deep into their forward line. Moreso in the first quarter and less so in the second but, generally, it was a first half issue. There seemed to be a fair bit of animated gesticulation and talking among players and I guess our effort was the subject under discussion.

Then something happened.

We came out at half time and, straight away, showed new-found intensity. We started running fast… and hard. Directly at our opponents. Similarly, we started tackling hard - much harder than in the first half. The next quarter and a half were played at an intensity I had not seen from the Doggies for a while. I was watching players come to the interchange bench and, whereas in the first half they were a little puffed, now they were knackered when they reached the bench. They were working to the max. Watching this live was great.

By placing the opposition under strong and immediate pressure, we started to cause turnovers. Every time they took possession they found a Bulldog barrelling straight at them. They started miskicking and coughing up the ball. Our backs found their task more manageable as the ball now came in more predictably. Freijah and O’Donnell came into their own and Khamis began showing a surety that is too often missing from his game. He marked what was straight forward and thumped away any ball that was likely to be in contest. Space opened up for the forwards and, from very early in the third quarter, the result was never in doubt.

If I am forced to take a guess about what it was that had happened, I believe our strategy going into this game was to run fast and attack hard from the beginning. But we failed to do so. I think the on-field talking and finger pointing was senior players demanding more. My guess is that more than a few got a bit of a rocket at half time.

If we replicate that second-half attitude and effort next week I am comfortable about us winning.

bornadog
19-08-2024, 06:11 PM
Wrong thread Critter

azabob
19-08-2024, 08:12 PM
Wrong thread Critter

Was a cracking post tho.

bornadog
19-08-2024, 10:14 PM
Was a cracking post tho.

True