PDA

View Full Version : 3 things learned from Rd 23 vs North Melbourne 2024

GVGjr
17-08-2024, 09:21 AM
Please list the 3 things learned from our game against North Melbourne

bulldogtragic
18-08-2024, 04:30 PM
1. Darcy was worth ever bloody draft point and more.
2. Freijah & Sanders & (1/3) Croft is a brilliant trade.
3. We can absolutely kill weaker teams now

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-08-2024, 05:13 PM
1. Rory Lobb has really shown he's made of some stern stuff. Needed him to stand up today and he copped it all game. He looked lame by the 4th, but kept fronting up.

2. I can't recall ever a time in my life where we have been blessed with 3 genuine star forwards.

3. Last week's loss really, sucks. We should be locked in for finals, but instead have a very tough final round assignment to make sure of it.

D Mitchell
18-08-2024, 05:24 PM
I know it was against comparatively weak opposition but
1. Neither of David nor Luke ever kicked 7. Sam is/will be the best of the 3. He'll keep a VCR of the game to show his grandchildren and his oldest grand daughter will demand an explanation for the 2 behinds.
2 The other Sam, Power, delivering us Treloar and Richards, is a master at his craft.
3. Apart from a few minutes in Q3, when the players must have looked at the scoreboard and everyone went goal hunting, team discipline was a priority.

bulldogsthru&thru
18-08-2024, 05:25 PM
1. Rory Lobb has really shown he's made of some stern stuff. Needed him to stand up today and he copped it all game. He looked lame by the 4th, but kept fronting up.

2. I can't recall ever a time in my life where we have been blessed with 3 genuine star forwards.

3. Last week's loss really, sucks. We should be locked in for finals, but instead have a very tough final round assignment to make sure of it.

Yeah last week's loss does suck. Instead of enjoying an emphatic win all I can think of is next week and the possibility we still miss the finals.

Cmon Eagles!

bornadog
18-08-2024, 05:29 PM

Yeah last week's loss does suck. Instead of enjoying an emphatic win all I can think of is next week and the possibility we still miss the finals.

Mate, we can't miss the finals now, our percentage for starters is like an extra game

bulldogsthru&thru
18-08-2024, 05:32 PM
Mate, we can't miss the finals now, our percentage for starters is like an extra game

Yeah we can. We lose next week we're out if Carlton and freo win from here.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-08-2024, 05:32 PM

We can still miss if Freo win, Carlton win both, Hawthorn win both and we lose.

bulldogtragic
18-08-2024, 05:33 PM

Hawks, Freo & Carlton (x2) win - and we lose - we miss finals.

Go Eagles

#weflyasone

bulldogsthru&thru
18-08-2024, 05:35 PM

Hawthorn will win both.

Carlton have Eagles and saints. Winnable games.

Freo have a home game vs port. We have to win and not leave it down to other results.

Rocket Science
18-08-2024, 05:38 PM
Basically ...

WIN and we're locked in.

LOSE and we need Port to beat Freo.

LOSE and Port loses to Freo, then we need the Blues to lose to either the Eagles or Saints.

bornadog
18-08-2024, 05:40 PM

Ok, you are right - just checked my predictor :o

westdog54
18-08-2024, 05:45 PM
1. Our forward line is the most dangerous in the league.
2. Freijah is the start of last year's draft.
3. Lobb has found a toughness I didn't know he possessed.

Rocket Science
18-08-2024, 07:43 PM
Basically ...

WIN and we're locked in.

LOSE and we need Port to beat Freo.

LOSE and Port loses to Freo, then we need the Blues to lose to either the Eagles or Saints.

A quick addendum I'd overlooked ...

We can actually still make it should we lose to the Giants AND Port loses to Freo AND Carlton beats both the Eagles & Saints ...

But only on the proviso North knocks over the Hawks next week.

I look forward to the coming week of this rummaging through my brain at 2am.

whythelongface
18-08-2024, 07:55 PM
A quick addendum I'd overlooked ...

We can actually still make it should we lose to the Giants AND Port loses to Freo AND Carlton beats both the Eagles & Saints ...

But only on the proviso North knocks over the Hawks next week.

I look forward to the coming week of this rummaging through my brain at 2am.

Stranger things have happened but yeah, nah can’t see the Hawks losing that game. At least that one is before us so if a miracle does happen at least we will be in a good position. Fingers crossed for the upset of the season. Pressure is on the Hawks

ledge
18-08-2024, 07:56 PM
Noticed all the games that matter are Sunday.
And we are first so if we lose we have to wait and see.
If we win we sit back and watch the mayhem.

Dry Rot
19-08-2024, 03:05 PM
1. North is a very incompetent team, making the simplest of errors not under pressure. I can't tell if they lack talent across the board, or they are just poorly coached. If the latter, perhaps they should get an experience coach in?

2. Darcy could be anything, and I don't know how you defend against him. FJ has the composure of a skilled third or fourth year player.

3 Macca still has a lot to offer the team.

mjp
19-08-2024, 04:18 PM
No 3-things for me but I saw a bit of a preview of a wing set that looked like Williams, Daniel and Macrae...

100% (and the oppo was not great) but JM's body language and willingness to hold width outside the first layer looked so much better. I wonder if that is now an option for us??? There is no doubt that these outside mid roles are the least settled in the team.

It's Williams first then a log-jam of players who can't quite nail a spot...

Can Bar
19-08-2024, 05:03 PM
1. Kick straight and we are unbeatable.
2. Lobb was solid.
3. Freijah was outstanding, more of that please.